Keto meme

When will people realise it is just a fad diet and is only helpful for certain types of cancer,seizure and Alzheimer's patients.
Long term ketosis can do significant damage to heart,liver and kidney.your body needs carbs to produce melotonin easily.There are so many drawbacks but neckbeards want to believe eating bacon and eggs will make them Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=90&tname=nutrient
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol faggot

Keto is a nice fad that gets obese retards actually thinking about what they're shovelling in their body and starting to think about what they eat

I sleep like a baby on keto senpai.

Stay mad you're fat and can't lose weight cause carbs are too delicious.

Whomst else here has renounced the dietary jew?

But why keto? There are so many better choices. Is it because it allows people to eat as much fat as they want?

If you think any diet at all lets you eat as much of something as you want that isn't water, it's no wonder you're fat.

bc it gives a reason for why certain food is restricted other than "pizza is bad for me but salad isn't"

Fat keeps you feeling fuller for longer, and you don't get the shitty cravings when your insulin levels are spiking and crashing like when you eat sugars.

Literally anything that ends up with fat fucks getting in shape is fine by me

>But why keto? There are so many better choices. Is it because it allows people to eat as much fat as they want?

Genuinely curious for some diet suggestions. Anyone has good ideas here?

Keto

One of the main promises of keto is that the high fat intake takes care of satiety without overeating. My BMI is around 21, I'm far from fat.

Hm but basically every diet gives "reasons". Even the original Atkin diet claimed to be healthy and effective. I can see the appeal of simplicity though, "replace carbs with fats and just eat some veggies and maybe fruits".

But then why go keto and ban all carbs instead of just banning refined carbs and added sugars? Seems so convoluted.

Also sorry for replying like a retard.

You want your metabolism to switch over to using fat as its primary fuel source, which it won't do if your carbohydrate intake is too high.

Following any pre-defined diet is subpar. My usual advice is know what makes you full, what you tend to binge on and what you enjoy. Try to "teach yourself" to stay away from the binge foods, like stop buying sweets. Stock on foods that fill you up with few calories (apples and nuts for me). Then learn a little about nutrition, what to look out for on labels and focus on buying whole foods and cooking yourself, that way you eliminate refined foods and it's a great skill too.

For a general diet, just count your macros and stay under the magic numbers. If your lifestyle involves sitting at a desk all day make sure to take a walk around the office every 30-45 mins so that your metabolism isn't completely stalled.

Keto, your three food groups are meat (incl. nuts and beans), dairy and veggies. You'll start to see patterns with the macros, so be sure to track your micronutrients and make sure those are being taken care of.

Remember that mustard and hot sauce have 0 calories so use them liberally to fill space.

This. Your body will actually switch biological gears. Your blood glucose goes down and your blood ketones (ketosis) goes up, which gets your body to metabolize stored fats instead of carbs.

One of the most interesting changes is that you'll start pissing twice as much, but you'll crap like twice a week tops. All the money you spend on meat and dairy products you'll get back from not buying toilet paper.

Well yeah I understand how keto works but I honestly don't see the appeal. There are some ultra distance runners who eat fat heavy because glycogen stores alone won't help you on a 6+ hours run. Keto is dangerous when done wrong and incredibly restrictive,

If it was dangerous to the point where you could fuck it up easily, it wouldn't be given to people with medical problems.

The real danger of ketosis is how easily you can get out of ketosis. Muslims are about to go into ketosis via fasting (the whole diet came about when doctors wanted to simulate a fast indefinitely) and then their weight will shoot back up once they don't capitalize on their new body composition and eat to return to the old one.

>your body needs carbs
well youre still eating carbs on a keto diet so whats the problem

Thanks anons, that's some solid advice. I cook my meals myself and track macros. Next step for me is getting more serious and efficient with meal prepping, I seriously waste too much time in the kitchen.
I guess just being generally reasonable and aware of what you eat combined with exercise is the best way to consistently make gains over a long time period.

But it's not like you won't burn fat when eating a "normal" diet either. Well if you eat a shitton of carbs maybe but that is not exactly a diet. You eat a normal meal, get your blood sugar up to normal levels and fill a part of your glycogen stores, over times those deplete and when exercising you will usually run out pretty quickly and start burning fat too, or if you eat at a deficit your body uses more fat than it stores too. From an isocaloric point it doesn't matter at all whether you eat carbs or fats.

Keto is not a shortcut to weight loss.

Any diet will fail if you just go back to your previous eating pattern. I meant it's dangerous if you don't think about eating your veggies, they're so crucial to health and some ketofags are so afraid of getting out of ketosis they stay away from healthy whole foods. You could say getting out of ketosis is a good thing, I haven't seen any science about that but I bet the metabolic switch is inefficient.

You will burn significantly less.

I've always had issues with my cuts wrt calories out. Most calculators tell me a moderate cut is in the neighborhood of 16-1800. Right now I'm eating 2000 on training days, pissing all my fat out, and losing weight on what feels like a full stomach. The only time I've lost weight more consistently is Great Lent, and that's because there's like a 2000 calorie deficit.

No one said it was a shortcut, it's still calories in calories out, but it helps when you don't constantly feel hungry or crash in the middle of the day because of your insulin dropping like a rock.

Do keto or don't, I really don't care, just try not to spread misinformation for soemthing that could help someone.

>Long term ketosis can do significant damage to heart,liver and kidney

Do you want to expand on that?

>your body needs carbs

:rolleyes:

Also, you can eat veggies all goddamn day, fiber is insoluble and won't kick you off keto.

vegetables still contain some net carbs though

Not to mention 30 grams of spinach is like half your plate so the numbers will be super low in any case.

Fuck, even the carb heavy vegetals like tomatoes and cucumbers don't have that much in the way of carbs.

But please, name a single nutrient, big or small, that you can't easily get on keto.

>You will burn significantly less.
That is wrong on an objective level though. Yes it might work for you because everybody is different and different diets work better for different people but every study that was adjusted for calories showed that it doesn't matter if you eat very-low-carb, low-carb or high-carb. If you think about it why would there be a difference? Ketosis is not inherently less efficient than glycolysis so why would you lose more weight with the same energy intake?

It's not even about the fiber alone, you could even supplement that. It's about the thousands of benefitial micronutrients in basically any plant. They are called "phyto"nutrients for a reason, you can't get it from meat/dairy.

Keto kills gains. You can't get strong fast without carbohydrates

Keto is just for people who are addicted to food since it helps with hunger and cravings.

I have started to lose weight recently by just eating once a day. I feel great. If I get hungry it passes. I don't freak out like a typical lardass would.

I never said anything faulty. Just that I don't see the reason to go keto for weight loss (let's not talk about performance because it's well known that you can perform better with glucose, as well as the issue of catabolism). Then again, whatever makes you lose weight. I guess that sums it up.

I did keto for one month as an experiment to see what effect it had on my body, here are my results
>My overall satiety increased dramatically, I never snacked once during the diet and often found myself drinking water between meals
>Due to the caloric density of fats, I ate far less food by volume and reduced my meals from 3 meals a day to 1 or 2
>Very easily dehydrated, I routinely consumed almost 4 liters of electrolyte enriched water a day, not doing so resulted in feeling faint and woozy all the time
>The conversion to burning ketone bodies instead of glucose from carbohydrate or protein by gluconeogenesis, my blood sugar hit rock bottom, this made strength training dangerous, and lengthy cardiovascular exercise became horrible since I felt like I was going to faint at any moment
>I lost 18lbs, mostly water
>All discomfort and bloating after meals disappeared
>My strength and endurance decreased
>Only needed to shit every 2-3 days
>Consistent and plentiful energy, stopped experiencing the "highs and lows" of the day and felt just as energized before bed as I did after waking up
>Needed more sleep, went from needing 7-8 hours to about 10
>I learned a fuck load more about cooking and preparing meals than I ever did
Look, at the end of the day, Veeky Forums will dispute anything nutritional, including keto. As a diet that restricts your caloric intake, prioritizes hydration, and forces you to be more creative with food, it's a fantastic diet for fatties who want to lose weight and start preparing their own meals.
Do I recommend keto for weight trainers and athletes? Fuck no, it's probably the most counter-productive diet for fitness currently going.
To prove OP wrong, speak to any dietitian and they will tell you they wouldn't administer the keto diet to neurodegenerative or epileptic patients in the first place, if there existed any empirical evidence of long term harm.

Who here does a modified approach? Dropping carbs down to one hundred/one fifty on lifting days with high fat and just enough protein to get stronger? And one or two days out of the week(rest days) where you drop the carbs and go full keto. I've gone full keto before with a compressed eating window and damn I looked shredded, but strength stalled very fast.

Check out ketogains on reddit, definitely possible.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Isn't that what OP meant though, that keto is only for people with specific diseases. Isn't that how keto started in the early 20th century, as a treatment for epileptic children?

Definitely not impossible. What are your numbers at?

If you're doing a super intense program or you're lifting competition levels of weight, you can inject carbs via TKD or CKD if standard keto isn't doing the trick.

I didn't say it was impossible, I said counter-productive, it's entirely possible, but I'll be damned if it isn't the textbook definition of "living hell"
Restricting ALL sugar, even those from vegetables and starches completely fucks over your muscle's ability to retain glycogen.
This inhibits the body's hypertrophy response and your rest and recovery will be utter shit.
decreased blood pressure also reduces the body's circulatory efficiency during peak physical stress leaving you both exhausted and with little gains to show for it.
It's just not worth it in the long run.

Eat enough protein and your muscle don't need to retain glycogen, you can put on mass just fine. Why do you have low bp? If that's an issue up your electrolyte intake.

And if else fails just eat some carbs right before your workout.

Excessive protein will kick you out of ketosis.

1 proton per pound of LBM plus creatine has been enough for me to keep progressing on a cut without much difficulty

I'm on lazy keto (don't really track macros other than carbs) and eat a ton of meat, never been a problem before.

they respond to being called faggots and some of the most vile names you can call another man everyday

they say they aren't like battered women who keep going back to abusive women
stockholm syndrome at its finest

It's easier. Fats make you fuller quicker. It's more of a mental assistance while you transition from living the fatass life to normal.
t.2013 ketard

>Long term ketosis can do significant damage to heart,liver and kidney
How's it going, grain jew?

When will you anti keto fags stop pretending like its a zero carb diet

Potassium

Name ONE nutriment you can't get in meat / egg / dairy .

and i'm talking about essential nutrient .

Not even the point nigger.

NAME ONE

>what is avocado
>what is spinach
>what is salmon
Try again

YOUR BRAIN

IT'S LITERALLY NONEXISTENT

Sounds like there is absolutely no need for plants senpai .

(You)
Go bait elsewhere.

You still can't deny the fact that you can get EVERY essential micro without a SINGLE gram of plant based food .

>Avocado
>1000 cals to get potassium
>Spinach
>40 g net carbs to get potassium
>Salmon
>2000 cals / 140 g of protein to get potassium

Im not disputing the existence of potassium in keto friendly foods. Im stating that you cant get the recommended daily intake and stay in ketosis for weight loss or maintenance unless you have a 4000 cal TDEE. Either you will be too high in calories to lose weight. Or too high in carbs or too high in protein which takes you out of ketosis.

Please try again to tell me using facts that I didnt provide you with a nutrient that you cant easily get in keto.

>Spinach
>40 g net carbs to get potassium

40 g of TOTAL carb my man , only 11.7 of net carbs .

Every muscle & organ meat contain between 150 & 400 mg / 100g .

Every fucking green contain 60 to 100% as much potassium as spinach so you can vary without problem .

Every food you get contain potassium on keto , of course you don't try to hit it with a single food like a retard , most of it will come from greens and the rest will be from more calories dense food like avocado , meats & avocado .

>My BMI is around 21, I'm far from fat.
You're 3% away from fat based on BMI. And he's absolutely right, if you think you can eat whatever you want on keto or any diet you're just retarded or fat. Shitpost better.

>But then why go keto and ban all carbs instead of just banning refined carbs and added sugars? Seems so convoluted.
Plenty people do. I'd argue that three quarters of people on keto are women who have no idea what they're doing and want a simpler answer to losing weight. Aiming towards keto helps them lose the initial water weight incredibly fast while also providing sustained consistent satiation as a result of low carb (not just because of high fat like the other user said)

>Also sorry for replying like a retard.
No worries, just don't jump to ridiculous conclusions and you'll understand keto.

Eat less. Keto and low carb help you do that, otherwise just eat less.

>get your blood sugar up to normal levels and fill a part of your glycogen stores, over times those deplete and when exercising you will usually run out pretty quickly and start burning fat too
That isn't how your liver works. You always produce glycogen, regardless of what you eat.

The rest of what you said is mostly on point- caloric deficit is what matters for losing weight. Keto diet only helps you burn fat as a primary energy source while helping to stay consistent over the day and mentally alert etc. It comes with some other health benefits when done to an extreme but for most people it's mostly about the weight loss.

>Keto is not a shortcut to weight loss.
Obviously. Any caloric deficit at the same rate will get you there at the same speed. Keto simply makes it easier while adding said benefits. What's the point of this comment?

Your reading comprehension seems to be severely lacking my friend, everything you said is either weirdly misinterpreted or has already been said.

So stop eating hundreds of grams of peas, beetroot and corn. Keto is not anti-veg, you're just looking for a reason to write it off.

My numbers have went up at the same rate since 5 weeks of keto.

>Weight loss is for people who are addicted to food
>I'm a special snowflake
top kek

Very similar to my results except my numbers/strength kept going up and my blood sugars have been far more consistent (I'm type 1 diabetic so measure them multiple times daily)

Low carb !== keto

>They call me out on their bullshit therefore I must be right
top kek

Avocado and spinach are atypical of most keto diets, don't be a spastic

Also your numbers are retarded whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=90&tname=nutrient

so youre smart enough to correct him but not enough of a good human being to give him the solution to his problem...

clearly a shitposter

coffee

Well put. I like things like keto because people have to read labels and find what foods/brands have the best macros for there goal. Just the other day I learned about Cottage Cheese and I feel like a king.