Is calorie counting just another eating disorder?

Is calorie counting just another eating disorder?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YQEJyjKTH9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

if you eat clean there is NO need to count calories

/thread

>someone, somewhere in the world, ate this literal shit
>and felt lucky
I'll never understand it; even if you totally lack any healthy habits and you've been instructed to love the (((SAD))) (standard american diet),
something, somewhere in your brain, should tell you it's utterly wrong and there's nothing "rewarding" in this "plate"

yes just like using a clock is a time management disorder

how many calories can you estimate in this photo?
meats: 400kcal
mac&cheese: 350kcal
onion rings: 500kcal
drink: 200kcal
icecream: 150kcal

so at least 1600kcal at least holy shit lol never going to make it confirmed

honestly how do people maintain weight on a clean diet, vegetables barely has any calories.

do you eat the icecream first so it doesnt melt?

why not just order it after you finished your meal?

clean diet doesn't mean just vegetables, it just refers to processing. for example:

>avocado: fine
>store-bought guacamole with a bunch of shit you've never heard of: avoid

I wouldn't say so. I just track to track my macros (making sure I hit my daily protein requirement and such) and by doing so the calorie counting kind of just come along with it. So I take that down too. Nothing wrong with it. You all try way too hard to hate on just about anything that doesn't need to be hated on just to play as the devil's advocate because you guys are bored right the fuck out of your minds. Go outside and begin enjoying stuff you fking incels

Tell me how I'm supposed to eat 3500kcal in avocados?

Way more than that. The meat comes out to probably well over 1k. It's a lot of meat with bbq sauce and grease.

Also to the other guy: because it tastes good and they're a pig with no diet. It is technically real food and I can guarantee it tastes better than any fast food place. Ie, if anyone has ever liked fast food, then why wouldn't more people find the picture rewarding?

Have you never made a homemade brisket or pulled pork before or something?

If I kill one of my chicken and eat it, is it considered clean eating too?
I'm actually curious.

gotta eat big to get big

Are you kidding, that looks like it's close to 1kg of meat. The pork chops I have in my refrigerator right now offer ~250kcal/100g, steak is i think ~200kcal/100g... That's well over 1000kcal in meat alone, not even accounting for sauces.

why are you being so dense? i didn't say "eating clean means eating nothing but avocados".

yeah, but so would buying raw chicken and cooking it.

>but so would buying raw chicken and cooking it.
Ohh I see.
I thought it wouldn't count as clean because it already underwent several steps of processes like killing/cutting/boxing.

Yes there is if your metabolism is a fuck and you're trying to gain weight.

No you don't.

How to gain weight:
>eat more
>look mirror + weigh after one week
>adjust accordingly
How to cut:
>eat less
>look mirror
>adjust accordingly

Dickey's is literal trash BBQ.

t. Texas fag

Watching the numbers improves efficency, and adds an objective, trackable measure which is nice

ITT: manlets and skeles afraid to gain weight
>mfw bulking on 4500 kcal per day

If Dickey's is the best BBQ you can find I feel sorry for you

Too bad most veggies taste like shit

Pecan Lodge employee plz go

>hurr durr it works for me it must be working for everyone

Fuck off normie and stop giving shitty advice. I tried gaining weight and muscle mass a year with zero progress, but when I started couting I instantly started to progress. My diet and training regime was the same. Eating clean works for some, but absolutely not everyone. Counting is more accurate anyway

learn to cook faggot

t. american

Take out the ice cream and you've got a fantastic BBQ meal. What are you gonna do about it?

But you can eat clean and gain weight. It's all down to your appetite. If you can't control your appetite then you count calories.

lmao sure it works for some people but the majority will spin their wheels for eternity.

There's a fuckton of sodium in that broth, also fat once you start adding cuts of meat into the hot pot.

more like:

meat and sausages:
1200kcal
mac&cheese: 600kcal
onion rings: 500kcal
drink: 450kcal
icecream: 200kcal

so around 3000kcal for that "meal", i'd guess

150g fat
150g protein
250g carbs

Aye Dallas lmao. I've been to Pecan Lodge but desu the only thing that impressed me was the mac. As much as I hate Austin, Salt Lick has some pretty solid BBQ.

thing about counting calories is that no one fucking does it. when you talk to people about it they don't give a shit. they just stop eating when they are not hungry anymore.

You might argue that it could be a disorder when maintaining your weight as you could just eat whatever, weigh yourself the next day and just eat less or something if you gained weight.
However, if you are losing or gaining weight, I see no issue in doing so. Especially when losing weight. Having the ability to pretty much eat anything as long as it's in moderation is a great way of dieting down and somewhat keeping your weight.

And that's why the first world is so fucking obese. People are convinced they can just eat anything they want until they feel full, and the body will self regulate. It won't. You'll be a fat fuck.

This

I had 352G of scotch fillet the other night for nearly 700KCal - no sauce.
That's easily double the amount, if not more, not even counting the sauce.

You're fucking low on the carbs and fat man.

If put it at about 250g Fat and easily 450g carbs.
Remember the sugar in the sauce, the drink, the ice cream, the batter, etc.

you must be one of the skellies that say they eat "like 3000 kcal a day" when it's only a meal like that

I used to memorize what I ate and entered it later

Now i just don't bother looking it up unless I don't know how bad the calories are

yeah dude

fuk scienc brah

That is easily 3000kcal bro

And I'm not even skelly, I started cutting from 120 at christmas.

You need to add salt to make vegetables taste nice.

You can eat clean and still over eat.

Based off myfitnesspal (cause fuck you I got autism)

Order is: calories, carbs, fat, protein, sodium, sugar

Dickey's Barbecue Pit - Barbecue Sauce, 1 container (14 tbsp ea.) 245 56 0 0 770 56

Dickeys Bbq Pit - Pulled Pork 16oz, 16 oz 1,370 2 119 35 621 70

Dickey's Barbecue Pit - Mac & Cheese, 5 ounces 194 16 11 9 753 3

Dickey's Barbecue Pit - Fried Onion Tanglers, 6 oz 610 6 41 6 1,048 8

Dickey's Barbecue Pit - Soft Serve Ice Cream, 1 cup 280 57 6 0 217 48

Dickey's Barbecue Pit - Iced Sweet Tea, 32 oz. 307 77 0 0 40 75

Add Food Quick Tools 3,006 214 177 50 3,449 260

Does it fucking matter?

it's not a disorder if it makes you better

Placing a label on something and then attacking that label on it's denotations is classic strawman. It's like calling someone a nazi without addressing his arguments, and then condemning them based on how awful the actual Nazis were

definitely not a pound of pulled pork but close enough

I would bet the guy that estimated 1600 counts calories and has only been doing this for a year or so.

easily looks to be at least half a kg (one pound) of meat on that tray dude.

As a keto guy I'm more amazed at how everyone is so off with the proteins. It takes a shit load of meat + suppliments to reach over 110g of protein, let alone in one meal.

Beef and pork (which I assumed for MFP) is far better for racking up the fat count than anything else.

If you water fast, there are no calories to count.

FTFY

yeah, at best you'll get 20-22g/100g, and that's really only if it's really really nice cuts. I don't know much about american fast food, but it does seem weird to me that the pork would have only 35g of protein. How exactly do they manage that?

The normie diet is extremely low in protein though, I don't think many people realize this.

Because avacados are fucking delicious, now go shove 30 of them down your throat or all that good work those mexican migrants performed will go to waste and their deportation will be meaningless

Ok this is some retarded broscience and I have to point it out lest some newfags get the dumb idea to not count calories.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQEJyjKTH9g

>eating less than 12,000 calories a day
>ever making it