Who home pull-up bar master race here?

>Not wanting easy gains every time you walk through the door

Never gonna make it

I ordered one online and the parts that came with it were defective and didn't fit each other. Returned that shit and got my $30 back.

I can do 15 in a set now. Very proud of myself.

We are all gonna make it brah

i fell off one time and broke my right wrist and this piece of shit stopped my gains for a month

Can anybody give me a breakdown of wide vs narrow vs underhand vs that perpendicular grip?

... how

>pull up bars with 4 star reviews an Amazon for $20
>got mine at goodwill for $2

There are plenty of other options user

started from 3 when i bought it a couple of months ago, today i reached 10

nice

I started from chinups, continued to outside-shoulder-width neutral grip, to wide grip pull ups. for me neutral a best, I do em weighted now. also
>REMINDER TO NOT FORGET YOUR ROWS

Tfw used to do the same and now I can barely do 2

I'm weak as hell

Why row when you can pullup in fifty different ways along with doing them weighted?

because I don't feel my traps/rhomboids. actually nobody does. pull ups are more of a lat and bicep exercise desu, no matter the variation

How bad does your form have to be to do this, It doesn't even make sense.

Literally saved my life as a poorfag autist who doesn't want to go to the gym and cant afford weights.

Upside down and in front lever position.
Stop being fat

how about you stop falling for memes and start rowing like a normal human being.
>stop being fat
>t. 170cm 60kg
no thanks

Back in January I was ashamed to realize I couldn't do one single pull-up with good form. Now I can do three sets 5-6 reps with strict form and it feels so good.

are you retarded m8? how did you manage this?

>fucked around and got a triple double

How much gains have you made just using a pullup bar, and with what routine?

Not been at it for long enough to really judge to be quite honest but in about a month I've gone from barely being able to do 1 chin up to doing 5-8 at a nice pace. I do a bodyweight fitness routine with squats, pushups, dips, rows and chin ups trying to progress to pull ups.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to go gymnast mode but I might have to get some dumbbells at some point.

I always hit the frame with my ellbows doing pic related...

>tfw had to buy a weight belt because i could do ~20 chins and ~15 pull-ups

And what's the difference between this an the gym?

I do pulls/chins at the gym 1-2 times a week and I'll normally do 1 day of weighted with 1 plate and then the other day will be unweighted for 15-20 just so I can keep my numbers up.

And yes it is a functional exercise since I beat the hanging challenge at the spy museum

Is doing pull ups on the bits that stick out any good?

Strongly considering it, already have one on the power rack though.

Fuck I love pull ups more than any other exercise. I couldn't do a single one a couple of months ago, I'm up to 7 good ones now and 10 chins.

user just grab on to the goddam bar and lift ur body up towards it u fool

sure

chin ups are more bicep focused, regular pull-ups are more lat focused, and neutral-grip pull ups are in between

>never do any weighted pullups
>just do pullups to max and rest pause for years

>go to a gym
>pick up a belt with a chain on it
>put 40kg on it
>do 10 reps

Lmao

Rows for the hoes

Rows are good if done upright desu, more delt and trap action.

once you get to 30 you can call yourself a beast

Who rope climb here?

>rest pause
what is this?

Simplest breakdown I can give.

>Wide

Don't go more than an inch or so wider than your shoulders. Limited by brachioradialis. Teres major takes over from lats if you go too wide.

>Underhand

Chinups. People derp about these being mainly for biceps but they are dumber than a box of retarded rocks as the biceps cannot achieve shoulder extension ie the lats use the same amount of force to lift you as in pullups. Best shoulder position for lats to pull from.

>Hammer

Strongest position due to brachial being the strongest elbow flexor in most people. Usually comfiest mechanically too. Great to do because it's harder to exhaust your brachialis, and thus can work your lats harder

Tldr there's no real damn compelling reason to not do all of them and you should be doing them every single workout.

Thats very impressive.
Good job user

How do you do weighted pull ups, you just stick a dumbbell between your legs?

lol, I can do 30 and wouldn't call myself a beast

Do just short of max on an exercise. Pause for x short time like 20 seconds, deep breaths, do lift again just short of failure, and repeat. Someone more experienced would probably detail it out a lot more but thats the basic explanation.

The cops came cuz I was doing it naked and someone in the building opposite mine saw it through the window.

And?

You did lat pulldowns and rows

Rest pause/Myo reps

Basically going to max or near max, then resting as little as possible, then doing another set to max(or close to max), and repeat until you're happy.

I feel like doing excercises where you're able to do a lot of reps(over 10) this way make you stronger without using any weights, since your slow twitch fibers get exhausted on the first set, after that all the reps you do are basically hammering your fast twitch fibers hard.

Get a belt. Dumbbell is fine for lighter weights but it just isn't comfortable trying to hold 80lbs with your calves/ankles.

Never.
I literally just do pullups and the big 3, sometimes ohp too.

>can do weighted dips with 135 added for 5 reps
>struggle to hit a triple with 70lb on weighted chins
explain this

Isnt this bad for gains though or is that some Veeky Forums meme. I thought doing more than 8-12 reps is "cardio"

dips are easier, they're like between pushups and pullups in terms of difficulty.

>triceps and delts and pecs

vs

>biceps and lats

What does your pull up progression look like?

my door hinge was shit and my bar ripped it off one day/ Landed on my ass looking pretty stupid. Now I dont feel safe doing them anywhere

weighted chins are so fucking hard to make progress on for me. Rows going up, other pulls going up, but chins are stuck

Can do 3x5 pullups with 85lbs at 190lbs, can only dip 3x5 with 65lbs.

I have a shitty chest.

what's your bodyweight?

You can grow with 20-30-40 reps if you want to, it just gets tiring to fatigue yourself all the way to failure.
As long as you reach failure or close to failure, you will be hitting your muscles hard, and no it's not cardio if you reach muscular failure.

Rest pause uses this principle very well, you first do the "activating" set in which you fatigue your slow twitch "endurance" fibers, the last bunch of reps you do on a really high rep set are all giving you gains and hitting your fast twitch fibers, it's just the first ones that don't.

6ft 180

Thanks guys

Does that works for bis and tris as weel?

checked
How many times a week do you do pull-ups to failure?

Towel pullups are a motherfucker to do, but they are really good for grip strength and building stronger and bigger forearms

Is it normal to feel like your fingers hurt like a bitch after doing a set of them? Because they always do for me

Had to get a power rack for a pullup bar because my doorframes kept cracking after using one of those. They're great, but can damage your doorframe, and flat out can't be used in the vast majority of apartments I've lived in (because apartments almost always have shitty, already about to come off tops of the doorframes).

Got one at work. Starting out in august, I could barely do one, now I'm can rep 6-8 chinups @ 200lbs.

Feels pretty good man, but I still gotta long way to go.

I do 5x5 wide grip pull ups with 22lbs at the beginning of every back workout now.

I'm on a cut though, so im not expecting the huge gains yet I guess

What's op pic pull up bar called? Seems interesting, and will it hold 200lbs of fatness?

Bruh just buy a pair of dumbbells, you're missing out on a bunch.

>Couldnt hit the gym for a few weeks so i started doing pullups in the local park (30 seconds walk)
>i used to be able to do 10 pullups but i started doing pullups only once a week after i got a gym membership
>started doing pullups 5 days a week for about a month
>i can now do 17 pullups in a row
>21 chinups in a row
>3 muscleups in a row
>feelsgoodman

It's just a door pullup bar. Search pullup bar on amazon and you'll find it. There's a lot of little variations to that kind of bar.

that's pretty impossible unless you were doing like 50 pullups in a set

the range of motion of dips is like half that of chinups dummy

>lying on the internet
you wont develop those delts with just the big three and bodyweight pullups

He said he does OHP

I know that you fucking spastic, but different types of pull ups/chin ups work different muscles. Not much gets said about that grip though.

>170 cm
>will they ever learn?...

>ohp develops rear delts

gay

Clarence ?

>, but different types of pull ups/chin ups work different muscles
no they dont

Shoulder extension is shoulder extension, period.

> chin-ups does not develop rear delts

maybe he roids tho..

they do but not to that extend, kinda looks like he did some direct work (rows)

Thanks, you have taught me a great lesson in the art of using a bar to pull myself off the ground in various ways.

I shall go forth and dedicate my next set to you *raises sip

I do but I am wondering if I do 15 chins and pull ups every couple hours everyday overloading will I gain muscle mass?

>Rear delt assists pulling arm back
>Pullup/chinups involve arm pulling back
>Chinups/pullups do not develop rear delt

Explain

Look up the Grease and Groove method

You basicly do half the max reps you can do multiple times a day every day. You will def gain muscle mass unless you weigh 40kg

also this method will increase your max reps real fast

when i do them my elbows press against the door frame. isnt that cheating?

it does... there was a implied ">implying"

I weigh around 142

pavel tsatsouline has written a bit about this. It's definitely worked for me.

>tfw still literally cant do one pullup

well then you need to eat son

I know I do but I am getting sick of pasta and chicken

Got this last month and went from barely one pull-up to sets of 5. Same with dips.
Buy power tower instead if you have space, it's great

it's because your fat :)

im not i just have a weak back so i get demotivated from doing back exercises
80kg 188cm

How come these don't shatter the top part of the door frame when you use em?

Literally depends on the structural integrity of the door frame.

That's it.

what happens if my shitty wooden frame breaks apart and I fall down with it? will I become tetraplegic?

pentaplegic.

Are you me? 200 lb 8 rep chinup max master race.

All I wanna do is be able to do 10...I'm SO CLOSE DAMMIT

Majority of the force is pushing forwards against the vertical part of the frame, instead if directly downwards onto horizontal part.

Heading to Marine OCS in 2 weeks. My max pull-up count is 17.

Any methods that'll help me clear 20 in time?

Yeah but I literally stopped using it after buying a gym membership.

Not once in a year and a half.

Good if you're not serious enough to join a gym but otherwise meh

because rows are heavier and easier to customise and get better range

guis am 183cm and 65kg with no muscle
What does that make me?

auschwitzmode