Who /water fasting/ here?

Who /water fasting/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/705238
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
youtube.com/watch?v=E484qiQXxzM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is there any loose skin?
I've heard intermittent fasting results in less loose skin attributed to rapid weight loss.

Water fasting is what exactly...

Water fasting is consuming nothing but water

you're gonna have micro and macro nutrient deficiency.

Fast a full 28 days or what does the time frame look like?

>is there any loose skin?

No, due to autophagy.

>I've heard intermittent fasting results in less loose skin attributed to rapid weight loss.

Probably the same reason as above.

>Water fasting is what exactly...

Drinking water, tea, coffee, etc. only. No artificial sweeteners. Supplementing with salt and magnesium primarily. Optionally a multivitamin, calcium citrate, and potassium. Some diet/lite salts have 50% potassium, 50% salt.

The weak take bone broth, and other stuff like a splash of cream in their coffee, etc.

after you finish your fast,
you're gonna get fat as fuck

would you not lose muscle mass doing this?

takes longer than a month to lose any significant amount of muscle mass,
losing fat and also cutting fats out of the diet will result in some decline in mass because fat fills between muscles.

kinda shit way to fast though

You lose the fat first, look at the guy in OP's pic he lost all the fat but retained the muscle

Maybe 5% or none at all. If you lie in bed 24/7 like David Blane, you will lose a subtantial amount of muscle. If you lift and exercise while fasting you will lose very little or none at all.

You can actually gain muscle during a fast due to increased HGH and testosterone in the system.

No, I've broken fasts already, and didn't put on any weight other than the ~2 lbs that consists of food.

Your metabolism actually speeds up way more when you get a much better body comp (more muscle, lower bf %). You can eat a shit load and not put on weight once you reach a point where you have a lot of muscle and little body fat, which fasting helps to achieve.

I see where you mean about weight gain after breaking fasts.

Keep lifting and eat clean after you break your fast and you're golden ponyboy.

Yea, I plan to do a non regular IF/fasting routine along with my normal workouts after I get down to a pretty low body fat %. So I might do 16/8 one day, then 36 hour fast the next, etc. And workout fasted, etc.

That way I can get the HGH benefit and might be able to put on some muscle without any fat.

Oh, I also do Keto/Paleo/LCHF during non-fasting days right now, and will continue that once I hit my goal. I should be able to have more off days and eat whatever though and still keep a good body comp due to faster metabolism.

It legitimately burns my biscuits that this 15 year old mong promotes such an irresponsible, dangerous diet.

I do 15/9 everyday
eat clean and lift light and heavy
works good as fuck

I can't run since I fucked my toe up but walking an hour or two a day on incline hits my target heart rate

as with any fast, be safe user

Right now at 24 hours of my 4 day fast. Max I've done is 40 hours.
Planning to go a week next month.
I'm afraid of doing longer cause at 5'5" I don't want to stop my body from squeezing out at least one more inch ,I'm only 18.

Otherwise my diet is 23/1 if.
When I can help it

dont really see how its dangerous to fast for a few days, 28 is a bit much. any animal that can't go a few days without eating is never going to survive in the real world where food is never guaranteed

>Your metabolism actually speeds up way more when you get a much better body comp

that's not how it fucking works fatty. you need to actually put on MUSCLE MASS for your metabolism to significantly change (and a significant amount of muscle mass at that).

keep up the mentality that you can 'eat a shit load and put on weight' and your gonna wind up looking like DAY 1 in no time.

careful your liver doesn't shut down
listen to your body
its a badass machine but it has limits.

Yea! Lets go into MASSIVE CATABOLISM to get a tiny HGH boost!

i'll be doing a 5 day water fast this coming week. I won't be exercising at all during it past some brisk walking. Will only be consuming water, tea, and ephedrine to blunt appetite.

i'm going to have a high HGH boost because I'll be injecting GHRP2 + mod GRF every night before bed. It's not massive catabolism retard, your body has assloads of vitamins and fat reserve. your body DOES NOT want to waste muscle. if it did that it would be eating its own organs too. these fasts are safe if you have a decent amount of fat on you. if you supplement with a multi, electrolytes etc it's safe.

I fasted for about 36 hours yesterday. I noticed around the 30 hour point my hunger dulled quite a bit. I'm assuming that it probably doesn't get much worse for hunger after that point. The worst period is the 12-24 hour point, getting through that is rough.

I think I'm going to go for 48 hours here soon. I find it really hard with my job as there is a lot of walking (minimum 10km a day) and it's really hard to get through the day. I almost feel like water fasting is something only NEET's can do because they aren't expending any energy.

Lifting weights on a water fast would be counterproductive. Even light cardio would leave you feeling weak/sick following you can even muster the energy to do it.

I'm really interested in fasting though because it works. I can't see fasting longer then a couple days though being healthy,.

But such a method should probably be endorsed by someone with some credibility, not some kid horny for YouTube cash.

true

yeah, this really only works if you're a NEET or have a very low intensity office job. PS,

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/705238

> It is concluded that some muscle glycogen repletion may occur after prolonged, severe exercise even under fasting conditions.

it will not waste your muscles. this is a Veeky Forums old wives tale just like "cardio kills your gains." I wouldn't do any strenuous exercise during a 4-5 day fast tho.

I'd skip the ephedrine, and take salt and magnesium instead. You should have plenty of energy with that alone, and should be able to lift or do whatever routine you have currently.

Dietician bro here. All I can say is do your research on electrolytes and supplemental vitamins and minerals, or else your in for some wild metabolism and nutrient imbalances that could potentially take months or even a year to return to baseline. If you have the willpower to maintain that lower bodyweight after your so called water fast, then your better off simply losing it the right way with a proper diet.

Take salt and magnesium a few times during the day, especially if you feel tired. You shouldn't feel tired.

Your normal routine, if you lift, should be fine on a fast. You should be able to lift 80-95% on a normal fast up to 14 days or so. Might decline after that.

>I can't see fasting longer then a couple days though being healthy,.

Prevents cancer, starts autophagy, tons of other health benefits if you're not a skelly already.

Periodic fasting (2 days - 2 weeks long) produces BETTER EFFECTS than intermittent fasting

PROLONGED fasting (not IF) literally FIGHTS CANCER and levels your body the FUCK UP
> their effect on reducing IGF-1, insulin and glucose levels, and increasing IGFBP1 and ketone body levels could generate a protective environment that reduces DNA damage and carcinogenesis, while at the same time creating hostile conditions for tumor and pre-cancerous cells
>Interestingly, when rats were maintained for 10 weeks on a PF diet in which they fasted 3 consecutive days each week, they were less prone to hypoglycemia during 2 hours of strenuous swimming exercise as a result of their accumulation of larger intramuscular stores of glycogen and triglycerides

>In humans, one of the best demonstrations of the beneficial effects of long-term fasting lasting one to 3 weeks is in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). In agreement with the results in rodents, there is little doubt that during the period of fasting both inflammation and pain are reduced in RA patients

>. In humans, during prolonged fasting, the plasma levels of 3-β-hydroxybutyrate are about 5 times those of free fatty acids and acetoacetic acid

>most tissues can utilize fatty acids for energy, during prolonged periods of fasting, the brain relies on the ketone bodies β-hydroxybutyrate and acetoacetate in addition to glucose for energy consumption

Fasting is ONLY BAD for the OLD, YOUNG, or UNDERWEIGHT peoples

>However, studies of fasting regimens have not been performed in children, the very old and underweight individuals, and it is possible that IF and PF would be harmful to these populations

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

brb fasting for a week

Sure he's partly/mostly doing it for views, but he does give very good precautions multiple times in the video. And says to do your own research. The idiot that just watches it once, then jumps in and does it without any other consideration is, well, stupid.

It's good that he's sparking more people to go out and research on their own.

Correct - the hunger subsides greatly after day 1. Then you just get a random craving here and there that goes away quickly. It was interesting what my body craved - day 1 was carbs and pizza. Day 2 was BBQ. Day 3 was pot roast. It's almost like my body started craving healthier and healthier foods as time went on. Only did 100 hours - would like to do a week or two at some point.

I would not do heavy lifting. Walking is probably enough. You have a lot more energy than you might think. After a couple days, your body says fuck it, we'll just burn the stored fat we have and stop bugging you for dietary nutrients.

Apparently around day 30 is when your body says, okay enough of this - we need to eat and you get an unmistakable hunger. That's probably the time your body starts breaking down valuable tissue for nutrients like muscles and eventually organs. Would not recommend pushing yourself past that point - at least not without professional medical supervision.

>Dude's chest looks fucked up

>you can actually gain muscle
So you're saying your body makes protein out of literally nothing? Hahahahahaha

he looks 10x better in the after pic

>your better off simply losing it the right way with a proper diet.

t. cicolet

Nothing wrong with fasting m8. Just another tool in the toolbox.

The body does store protein in other places than muscle, such as the skin. And not all protein stored in the body is good protein, so it's good that the muscles eat that up for fuel, which won't occur without a fast.

Cautionary note: if you have a wasting disease, do NOT fast. Your mass will not return. Probably doesn't apply to anyone here but thought this should be added.

Upton Sinclair wrote a book called "The Fasting Cure," where he talks about fasting to cure chronic diseases. Google it - there's a free PDF download. Fascinating stuff!

One thing I remember that is very interesting - when animals get sick they stop eating, they fast. When humans get sick, their doctor tells them to eat or they will die. Horrible advice. Sinclair got into some debates with other doctors - he says a large amount of people have probably died because their doctor told them to keep eating when they should have been fasting. 80% of your immune system is in your gut. Shit down digestion and you can spend those immune resources elsewhere.

>Dietician

how does fasting affect the injury process? ligaments / muscle tears / tendons etc

Skin is made of collagen bro. Collagen is made of lycine, proline, hydroxyproline, and arginine (source: google). That's no complete protein, and your body definitely cannot build muscle with only that.

>not all proteins are good
Lmao what? I've read some stuff about fasting autophagy breaking down proteins in the brain that cause Alzheimer's, but I'm pretty positive those are in microscopic quantities. I'm pretty sure there isn't enough of those to build muscle unless you're breaking down a brain tumor.

Will water fasting heal emotional scars?

I can't speak on the specifics myself. Just what I've heard from fastingtalk.com and other stuff.

Muscle gain during a fast might not be common. The experience of extending fasting will help with IF and longer fasts. This will help with gaining lean mass once the body comp from an extended fast gets very strong and lean. And a lean body comp with more muscle will have a faster metabolism than before any fast.

>Can build muscle on a fast

Kek

Good luck guys, but personally not for me. I prefer hard work, dedication, and supplying my body with proper nutrients as a way to get into shape.

quality post my man

It absolutely, relentlessly blows my mind that hard fasting is not recommended for overweight people.

Why the fuck do we insist they take like 2 years to lose their fat on a slight caloric deficit instead of just NOT FUCKING EATING

>hurr fasting is easy

Takes will power nigger. Most people won't even try. Nothing wrong with your way. But you can still workout hard during a fast.

This. You could end nation wide obesity (without any loose skin), type 2 diabetes, and a bunch of other things with doctor supervised extended fasting in a year or two. Imagine the costs saved. With healthcare being close to 50% of GDP and the annual budget I can see why modern medicine, nutritionists, fitness experts, and conventionalists shun it so much.

I had the following idea for fasting and lifting:

>set up routine with gym visit every other day
>eat on lift day
>24-30 hour fast on rest day

Could this work? Or is it a bad idea?

It's just like, how are we justifying not recommending fasting to obese people...WHY is nobody talking about this?

It's the most retarded, dipshit-easy solution to an epidemic in human history. TELL THEM TO STOP FUCKING EATING THEY WON'T RUN OUT OF GODDAMN VITAMINS OR LEAN MASS

It's fucking insane. Insane. Population reduction measures, I'm telling you.

>obesity, type 2 diabetes, krohn's disease, heart disease, etc. is all but eliminated in a year
>50% of doctors and nurses, PTs, etc. lose their jobs or severely cut pay

I guess there's one possible reason.

you still take vitamins n shit

I've found that fasting also helped me to gain control of my appetite and not overeat or just eat because I am bored or because of habit

You've pretty much ruined any chance of more growth with that already

sigh...
it doesn't even give you hanger pangs anymore after day 3. it requires literally no thought and effort. the willpower required is no greater than the one you need for a normal cutting diet. but the diet requires careful planning, cooking of meals, counting calories, getting your macros right, etc...

I'm too cheap for micronutrients pills. Tomato + salt, banana + salt, apple + salt, can I just eat on if these each day if I "fast" for a week?

The biggest lesson I've learned in life is that if something requires significant effort or concentration (after introductory stages where you're learning/adjusting, that is), you're doing it wrong.

Whether it's fucking girls, learning academic subjects, or molding your body, if it's actively difficult, you're doing it wrong. Once you know what you're doing, it should be a smooth, effortless process. We're built to be fit, we're built to fuck, we're built to learn. If it's hard, it means you're working against yourself in some way.

You can go a week without micronutrients. Everyone needs to fucking chill about micros. People give themselves retarded habits in an attempt to consume vitamins and minerals the (((USDA))) says you need a shitload of every day for absolutely no reason.

Ok thanks

Depends on your goals. Lean bulk that might work. Straight fat loss, extended fasts are much better.

Definitely. Funny how they say you'll just put it all back when you're less prone to eat subconsciously.

Sure, it's easy. But sticking to a long fast takes some perseverance, especially in the modern world.

And there's something to be said about 'the best path is usually the easiest' in regards to fasting vs. not fasting in the fitness arena.

no. they'll fuck with your hunger cravings.

should I be working out during a fast? I plan to keep the 3-4 days a week schedule but seems kinda counterproductive

Yes, stick to your normal routine. It won't be as intense, but you'll still have energy to do it.

How exactly does one take "salt" and magnessium?

By taking magnessium you mean as magnessium pills or do you mean foods with magnessium in it (like bananas etc.?

By taking salt do you mean grabbnig a pinch of salt ith your hand and just eating it?

>1/4 teaspoon of Morton Lite Salt (50/50 sodium & potassium) + 1 teaspoon of Natural Calm Magnesium powder
>1/3 cup boiling water
>mix

Take this twice per day, and more salt as needed during the day if you feel tired. That's all the electrolytes you need. You can mix it with water during a workout. Tastes like gatorade without the sugar.

That's basically what it is - concentrated gatorade without any sugar or calories.

Pedialite bro, make your life easy

>you're gonna have micro and macro nutrient deficiency.
>implying you don't already have one eating SAD
>implying you can supplement with essential minerals

>ligaments / muscle tears / tendons etc
idk but look into msm and magnesium supplementation. most people are deficient in these and i'm hearing that msm (sulfer) gets rid of scar tissue.

Pedialyte has calories. Bad choice.

Autophagy helps healing. Eats away scar tissue that might cover ligaments for example. You will definitely have less inflammation because you're not eating anything to inflame it.

Consider sauna therapy. It helps reduce muscles lose with the increased blood flow.

>have acid reflux

Wat do Veeky Forums? Am I cursed now?

>By taking salt do you mean grabbnig a pinch of salt ith your hand and just eating it?
Avoid synthetic salt. You want either sea salt or pink salt. Put it under your tongue and also look into cell salts.

Research sulfer (msm)

Just take a PPI lie nexium or prilosec everyday
done

Men, I just use Morton lite salt. I don't think it makes much difference. But I might try that Himalayan salt some time.

Can i fap during water fasting

Yes. Nofap is easy while fasting if you want to try that too.

So what do i need? How long do i do? 270 lbs fatty here. I can't prepare proper meals, and eat mostly because i am bored. I think this should be the time i finally do it.

Will post pics before and anter if you can help me do this

So this is the newest meme get skinny quick diet? Just starve yourself and don't worry about the damage you do to your body?

Are we just trying to kill people here or make a bunch more manlets to pump up Veeky Forums's numbers?

Oh look, another supplement shill trying to disusadr others from the works of Dr. Fung.

Fuck off

Okay, can anyone tell me what the hell water fasting is? Is it basically eating/drinking nothing but water? Like absolutely nothing else including food?

yes

Is this more effective than Aleve? I just sprained my arm and would like to heal it as fast as possible

Fuck it, I'm gonna try it

I wouldn't exercise past walking if you're doing prolonged fasting (not IF). You can legit waste your muscles faster with strenuous exercise in a fasted state. It's counter intuitive

Loose skin after weight loss has nothing to do with with the speed of weight loss. It's how long you been fat and your current age plus genetics

The longer you fast, he more result you see and faster. He longer you go, the more you need doctor supervision.

I just did a 4 day water fast. I could have gone much longer and never really got hungry as I was already on a ketogenic diet.

I decided to do intermittent fasting instead, i.e. eat all your meals within an 8 hour window which allows your body enough fasting time to receive the benefits of fasting.

I am basically eating nothing for breakfast/lunch while I am at work. I am taking vitamins and drinking Ketolint with an extra scoop of 25g protein when I get home and another serving of Ketolint + protein sometime after dinner for a total of 88g protein.

For dinner I am eating a serving or two of vegetables and about 100g of meat which is enough to get me over 99g of protein so I can preserve muscle.

All in all I am targeting about 1500 calories day without exercise.

How much of the fasting benefit would I get If i kept consuming real coffee and coconut oil ? ( maybe around 500 kcals of oil a day )

Are the benefit only linked to fully depleted glycogen ?

There so much BS advice he gives in that video... He's literally dying.

There is nothing healthy about that.

Heard the guy was a fag who made fake videos before

That fucking autistic watermark makes in unreadable

>which is enough to get me over 99g of protein so I can preserve muscle
>have to do at least 1g/lb bodyweight to preserve muscle mass during a cut
>99g protein
lmao ultramanlet 4'11.5

learning status: never

>have to do at least 1g/lb bodyweight to preserve muscle mass during a cut

>
>
>>>>>

youtube.com/watch?v=E484qiQXxzM

How about you provide evidence to support your claims you fucking retard

Okay 270 pound fatty here will start fasting tomorrow. I plan to do it 2 weeks, maybe more depends on how i feel. I expect 20-25 pounds lost, will post updates

Read the Wikipedia article on starvation?

Honestly how fucking stupid are you faggots that you need people to prove to you that a month of starvation is not healthy for humans.

Oh wait you're fat.