Not gaining a single kilogram

Right now I'm doing Smolov to improve my squat. My max 1RM squat is at 75-80kg, depending on my mood of the day.

Thing is, I'm really skinny. I weigh 55 kilograms, and am 180cm tall.

I have a hard time eating food guys. I wasn't fed enough while younger (weighed 44kg in highschool, which led me to a really shitty quality of life, as you can imagine).

Do you have any idea how I could get some easy kcal to pack on weight really fucking fast?

Fucking eat man it's not that hard. 3 big meals a day and use my fitness pal to see if it's enough

and also
>peanut butter

why the fuck are you using Smolov when you are squating 75kg... with your stats, especially with that weight and height you should still be on SS...

Smolov is an advanced program, just do a simple linear progression and drink protein shakes with milk all day. Find foods you like and eat a bunch of them too, macros don't matter just get calories. Your stomach is small now and needs to be stretched, you will probably have to throw up a few times while adjusting

I don't get skellies, like what the fuck nigga, just drink an extra glass of milk and you're gaining weight.

Dude, believe me. it's hard.

Dude, if only it were that easy.

Bump

it's not fucking hard... i eat around 2,5k cals day and during 6 months i gained 8kg bodyweight and my lift almost doubled if not doubled... there are 3 options
>your diet is shit
>your program is shit
>both of those above

Height / weight ?

OMAD (One Meal A Day) is great at stretching your stomach. I highly recommend that recovering skeletons start with this for a few days or so. You will miss out on some initial gains but you will soon no longer fear eating huge meals. You go slightly bigger each day and learn how your body processes big batches of food (hint: your intestines rearrange themselves and it's uncomfortable at first).

low test fucking faggots. holy shit
>dude
>dude it's impossible
>dude I literally can't
>dude
>dude I don't know what a blender is
>dude I don't know what willpower is
>dude I don't know what discipline is
>dude I don't know what it's like to push myself out of my comfort zone
>dude I'm not smart enough to research calorie dense foods

NEVER gonna make it

>55 kg
>180 cm
How the fuck did you manage to do this?

I refuse to believe that eating is harder than the lifting part of your regime, if you have the discipline to follow a weekly lift program you should have the discipline to eat a few extra calories a day to go with it.

Hell, you're probably starving yourself so much your metabolism has shut down, ironically enough if you want to feel the need to eat more first you need to start eating more.

Fucks sake nigga, can't you chug protein shakes and fruit smoothies throughout the day? It's easy, you just piss them out an hour later.

Here's a tip, start doing some fucking cardio one day if you're not already. I don't mean kill yourself on a treadmill for 30 minutes, get down and do 20 burpies. Rest 1 min then do another 20. And again, and again, and again. Throw some box jumps in there or pushups or something if you need more of a challenge. That shit goes from easy as to FUCKING TORTURE pretty damn quick. Do that 3-4 times a week and your whole body will be craving nutrients in no time.

I dunno what you're doing but sometimes after heavy (slow) lifting I feel more apathetic than hungry even when I've just been pushing myself 100%. I never feel that way after cardio/power work though, I feel like I've done cocaine, I'm crazy alert and my body demands food or I'll crash.

FYI, if this was really a medical issue instead of a mental one you're better off going to see a nutritionist.

>Smolov
>80 kg max

Funniest post on Veeky Forums in weeks. Good job.

On the off chance you're serious, unironically do SS+GOMAD

>Do you have any idea how I could get some easy kcal to pack on weight really fucking fast?
whole milk, one quart is like 630 cal. PJ is fucking crazy, and add TS of Olive oil in all your shit.

How do you gain weight at 2500. You must be really small. 2500 is less than my cutting kcal

Are you a fucking dwarf?

>metabolism shutdown meme
>do cardio if you have trouble gaining weight

What

smolov is a routine for advanced lifters. stop it immediately.

unironically do SS + GOMAD, i'm serious

Let me guess, you don't do cardio/powerwork either.

>. My max 1RM squat is at 75-80kg
why the fuck are you not doing a beginner's routine and eating a caloric surplus

I do low intensity cardio every day for my job

bait

what the fuck is powerwork? is this one of those crossfits i've seen on the internet?

nah seriously, it's not hard to sip milk or a mass gainer protein shake every day, to drizzle everything in extra virgin olive oil etc. hell i eat about 3500 cals for my bulk and go to bed most nights feeling absolutely fine. have bulked on 5k in the past and had no issues eating that every single day whatsoever, none of which was liquid apart from water and black coffee

>I'm running Smolov
>I squat 80kg
Holy fuck dude

chugging water also helps stretch your stomach

not dwarf, manlet

5'10''
went from 130lbs to 150lbs
i can supply my initial lifts and current but not in freedom units... too lazy to count it...

2500 is literally fucking nothing. I don't gain weight unless I eat closer to 3.5-4k.

Sorry about your dwarfism bro.

>dude I don't know what willpower is
>dude I don't know what a blender is
>dude I don't know what discipline is
ree fucking lanks you don't need any of this. how can you not eat enough I don't understand? surely you'd be angry? I'm literally 5'11 170lbs, and I often eat like 4000+ kcal a day. How you all do it? I'm not even gonna say it'seasy, it's literally a fucking pleasure.

genetics. some people like you and me find it easy to eat like horses, some don't.

lmao. I'm 6' and 175lbs, I gain weight at 2500 you fucking memesters.

>what the fuck is powerwork?

Things like Clean and Press, Boxjumps, getups, burpies etc

A lot of full body stuff, low weight, high intensity/reps

there's not much advantage those will incur at the beginner level. SS has power cleans but even rip says you can do it without. i'm not aware of any beginner strength routine that has power work outside of power cleans. i don't know why you think power work is so important.

Not OP but I'm curious how much does he have to lift to be able to start Smolov? My 5 rep max is 83kg at 66 BW. Estimated 1RM is 97.

>low weight, high intensity
state of Veeky Forums in 2017 AD

fucking newfags lmao. It's not a matter of how much he lifts but of where he is in his progression. If LPs and slower intermediate progressions don't work anymore then he's advanced.

>this

you weigh 55 kilograms at 180 cm dude
You are lighter than some girls who are 1,70, you're the king of Auschwitz. I was also malnourished as a kid due to postsoviet food shortages and shit, but holy fuckolyYou could probably get a role in Dark Souls or smth

>advanced
after LP, you're intermediate. intermediate stages can last for years.

Nobody is advanced while squatting 80kg, period. If session-wise or weekly progression doesn't work at that point it's entirely an issue of some combination of bad training, insufficient food and/or lack of recovery/sleep.

yeah I know. that's why I said LP or slower intermediate progressions. standards vary though. Chad W. Smith from Juggernaut says that novice is like less than 3 years lifting.

that doesn't make any sense. hypothetically, this could be a 4'10" woman with 4" wrists.

>low weight
>high intensity
pick one

hypothetically it can be 2'5'' dwarf

this

its not about lifts. genetics between people in the form of adaptability, leverages, gender etc are just too variable to pick a number and call it novice.

>implying intensity doesn't also depend on speed
ever heard of speed sets? fast cleans, fast deadlifts, fast squats etc can be done with low weight and high speed and still be high intensity. % of 1RM isn't the only factor (though is by far the most useful one)

That's just fighting over terminology. This is as simple as it gets
Stage 1: Weight increases every session
Stage 2: Weight increases once a week
Stage 3: Weight increases once every two weeks
Stage 4: Weight increases once a month or more

As soon as you can't sustain a stage anymore, you move on to the next one.

Okay, nobody of a reasonable size then, if you're gonna be autistic about it, and certainly no male.

>75-80kg 1rm
>55kg@180cm
You shouldn't be doing Smolov. You should eat 5000+ calories a day and do SS. Throw in some lateral raises, chinups and curls.

yes. although provided they have normal skeletal thiccness, dwarves are great squatters due to proportions. but I guess 2'5" isn't even dwarf anymore.

kek I'm just saying, there is such a thing as frail people. OP is probably just weak given his height and weight (unless he's an extreme framecel) but I'm certain there are some people for whom a 90kg squat would be intermediate.

OP is also extremely underweight and simply needs to stuff his face, as is the case with almost all skinny noobs. It's virtually never an issue with the programming when noobs fail to progress.

I'm well aware of that, everyone jumped on his 80kg squat which is why I asked? Did you NOT read how I said specifically that I am not OP?? I weigh 67kg at 177.

Fuck off retard. Shits like you give SS it's reputation.

Yeah I'm sure this man who eats 1500 calories a day could immediately switch to a lifestyle where he eats 5000 fucking calories a day.

Bump

>doing smolov with an eating disorder
Get ready for snap city.

well...if OP is doing smolov and complaining about no weight gain then presumably he's wanting squat strength, and excessive calories is the best way to draw LP out as long as possible, and coupled with the fastest progressing squat routine on the planet i'd say that his advice is 100% relevant

Except you're missing the point where OP's 1RM is 80 fucking kg. There's no point doing smolov when literally any novice LP program will have him adding weight to it per excercise.
Also the retards suggesting he eat an absurd amount of calories are even worse. OP is flat out retarded for not just tracking calories and adding more calories everyday until he starts gaining weight. Then just eat that many every day.
TL;dr OP fucking eat more you skinny bastard and proceed to kys once you have the strength to do so