Does anyone have an inspirational story of turning their life around they can share?

Does anyone have an inspirational story of turning their life around they can share?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HDGjBb4H2kU&vl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Used to be very social and outgoing before highschool
>Tons of friends, did competitive dancing, swimming and sports
>Get hooked on WoW and turn into a complete shut-in loser during high school. Haven't recovered since.

How's that for turning my around?

>tired of my life because it's shit
>change it
>still shit but slightly less so

>be loser neet with long term girlfriend in a pretty bad relationship
>she leaves me
>have nothing, no friends or social life, skinny fat and cant lift a pineapple, no self confidence, rampant OCD, unemployed and live with parents
>start going to the gym, dont really care about doing it all right just like doing any lifts and cardio
>throw myself into social events i found online, dont know anybody
>initially view every single person no matter how much of a loser as socially higher and better than me
>start to make friends, i actually make them easily and people seem to really like me
>start becoming quite fit, get more serious about it and start lifting and eating properly
>meet cute girl 8 months after break up, fuck it im going for that, end up making her my girlfriend
>shes a million times better than my ex, more mature, intelligent, reasonable, notagiantfuckingpassiveaggressivebitch
>get back into education, now im on my way to a degree after years of dead end jobs and unemployment
>have a large social group of friends which sometimes gets to the point of being annoying but is generally good
>just hit 2pl8, moving out next month
Just a year on, Life's good now, and I did it all myself, it's given me a new outlook on life and really made me loath weak people who refuse to help themselves and wallow in their own mental and physical filth, i used to be that guy but not any more. Not really inspirational i guess but just one mans experience.

Is it too late to get a degree in law or something well paying in your thirties?

not too late if you work twice as hard as the younglings

shit plan friend, find something you are excited about and make money there.
earning money while cursing your life is shit
but it's never too late to start something new

Law is oversaturated, find some nieche you could become the best around in

top grades, successful, rise through the ranks, quit because IT is boring and NEET is more fun.

the one thing that turned me around was realizing i don't have to satisfy anyone except myself

got some of the girls i wanted because i tried
applied for jobs i wasn't 'qualified' for, made a good impression, made it work
asked for more money, got more money
reflect on my behaviour even when it hurts
show new behaviours instead, be happier
adjusted my point of view, everyone struggles
adjusted my attitude, shit's not stressing me out as much as it did

you cannot control cicumstances, but you control your own reaction

i started hanging upside down

how old are you now

>pretty normal growing up, kind of chubby, poor, smarter than most the kids at school but no discipline with work
>got fatter and fatter around when girls became a thing, got even fatter and more socially retarded while parents got even poorer.
>scraped through highschool and went to uni with friends, still virgin.
>never had computer growing up cause poor, got one at uni and started gaming, got into MMOs and became addicted
>Dropped out of uni because failed everything gaming, cut off contact with friends, stopped paying rent and ruined my credit, got fatter
>@ 21 moved back with parent's in poor shithole and peaked at around 150kg @ 5'10'' still virgin, gaming every day and not leaving house for around 2 years.
>until around age 23 nothing major happened in my life other than maybe that I got like a yeast infection on my dick and couldn't masturbate for like 2 months while it went away, got catfished a few times by guys pretending to be girls on mmos and shit like that
>@ 23 got sick of all games so saved up my unemployment $ till I could buy a 50kg freeweight set and a second hand exercycle
>Lifted and rode bike in room with curtains closed every day while watching an ep of DBZ, started at one episode a day worked my way up till around 4, while learning different lifts and routines.
>Still fat but muscle underneath, started learning keto, moved out of home across the country to live in weird apartment filled with asians in a small windowless room with communal toilets/ kitchen while working at Mcdonalds, still virgin.
>Had lost a bunch of weight, on 24th birthday pay for hooker to lose virginity, . have first girlfriend within 3 months of losing v card.
>get comfortable and happy with her and stop losing weight, she cheats on me.
>start lifting seriously and dieting hard to get back at her or some shit, also re enrol at uni (architecture)
>go from like 3/10 to 8/10 cuz good genetics and face under fat.

face @ 22

>Currently 27 and acing uni while working part time at an architectural designer firm
>have a couple hundred tinder matches I could probably fuck etc and I kill count for last year was 32
>still largely unhappy but it's slightly better, parents are still poor degenerate fucks though, and most my highschool chums never really wanted to be friends again.

hers current pic

> go into medicine like both parents
> feel uncomfortable from day 1
> earn good money now that I'm 30
> feel like I never knew myself, have no identity, know nothing that brings joy

except lifting which is really nice

Hey, are you me?

good post. you seem pretty awesome and have done well

Hopefully you recovered after that shitty Legion expansion, brah

You should have also changed that facial expression tbqh

can relate, seems like too late to switch careers, ever thought about exercise and sports medicine?

>Paid for hooker
Confirmed for not making it

mirin

>Be me 17
>Parents are drug addicts who've fucked mine and my siblings lives up for years
>Felt a lot of embarrassment because drug addicts
> 4 months without electricity during the winter/ no washer/dryer so no clean clothes
>Reek of cigarette smoke because parents
>One night I woke up and overhead my parents having threesome with some trashy pillhead from my neighborhood
>Next day I pack up and walk to my grandmother's
>Eventually started back in school, joined the Army Reserve and finished Highschool

Ended up working at a grocery store for a while, then a tire warehouse. A stupid useless cunt I worked with lied to HR about me not doing work which got me fired. (Funny, because she had diabetes and couldn't even put the right fucking stickers on the right tires)

Worked at Amazon for a bit, place fucking sucked and I left Started back in school where I went for a semester, then during the summer picked up a job being a literal tard wrangler at a group home. (Tons of stories about that too.) Been here for almost three years, but I started a welding course mid February and plan on applying to a few unions in my area for apprenticeship.

Life is nice.

Not really. Sounds like a meme specialty to me. Have considered switching to radiology or pathology but feel like it wouldn't be worth it.

>life is shit
>feel empty and dead inside
>make changes for the better
>still feel empty and dead

youtube.com/watch?v=HDGjBb4H2kU&vl=en

>30 years old
>No hope, no income, no friends, no social life, no job
>Sit at home and jerk off and play video games all day

>32 years old
>Self employed, successful, most money I've ever had
>1/2/3/4 within a year and a half, strongest I've ever been, best I've ever felt, girls talk to me, more social engagement
>Goals and targets for future, making progress towards several things and enjoying the ride and life

Still got problems and I still suck at some things but I know where I'm headed and why and any obstacles and failures that get in my way are just part of the process

Rock on.

> be me in year 10/11 (about 14)
> all is good, lots of friends, enjoying the teenage years
> stepdad is a wierdo, becomes alcoholic, attempts suicide then becomes tranny
> have to look after him alone because mum cant handle it
> start smoking weed daily
> he eventually fucks off
> feelsgoodman.jpg
> start lifting
> mum gets diagnosed with multiple tumors
> feelsbadman.gif
> start failing at school
> mum wants to move in to her own place without me (i was 16 at the time) and put my dog down
> bitch you arent putting my dog down
> make friends with other guy who lifts and whose mum also has cancer
> help him through it
> turns out his mum was pretending to have cancer to fuck another guy
> move in with him and bring my doggo because he also has doggos
> help the family through it
> become trusted and valued member of the family
> am told I can stay as long as I like
> start working for mates stepdad who is a wealthy dude
> likes me because Im loyal and work hard
> start doing well in exams, get into uni on a good Finance & Econ course
> Smash my first year, smash some sloots, feelsgreatman.bat
> get in good shape cardio wise, join really good Army Reserve unit (am about 20)
> get accepted, fuck yeah
> make great mates
> mates stepdad offers me a good job working for him when I leave uni
> reserve unit offers me a shot at officer selection

Did I make it bros? Am 21 now and the future is looking good

What reserve unit did you join ?

haha just noticed that they're identical

not even made desu, fucking a girl was such a big deal, I paid some blue haired chubby hooker to fuck and realized how uneventful sex really is, probably wouldn't have gotten a girlfriend if I didnt do what I did.

how did he do this?

Sorry friendo, PERSEC. But am R Sigs

Nice mate hope it goes well for you

Cheers man, you in the green machine too?

I'll do my best, friend:

>25 years old
>on second marriage (don't really count the first one since we were young and stupid)
>have two vehicles, both of which are constantly breaking down
>I'm a mid-level NCO in the Air Force
>Working 60+ hours a week
>Wife doesn't really do much
>Money problems because wife can't find good work + trucks breaking down + 600/month in child support for one kid
>Realizing wife#2 was a mistake
>Feeling suicidal, hating life

Now comes the part where some of you will call me a faggot of some sort:

>Discover "The Secret" on Netflix
>Fuck it, I'll see what it's about
>Learn about the Law of Attraction, generating your own vibrations, etc
>Really excited to try it and turn my life around
>Get rid of one of my trucks for a good car
>Over time, wife#2 does plenty of shit for me to divorce her
>Separate from military and start going to school
>Meeting new people, making new friends, visiting my mother regularly
>Loving school, making good grades, very excited to get where I'm going
>Meet the woman of my dreams
>She's kind, caring, treats me like a king, and incredibly beautiful
>We fall madly in love
>Life is amazing

So I should say that before I heard about the Law of Attraction, I was constantly depressed and it just seemed like I was always being shit on regardless of what I did. I abandoned religion because I felt it did nothing for me (still feel that way). However, once I started practicing and meditating and feeling thankful for everything I have and everything I'll eventually have, my life got better exponentially. I recommend trying to out.

I reckon I should mention I'm 30.

went from no girlfriend depressed and started using steroids and was cheating before i knew it.

best thing i ever did steroids.

cheating on girls i mean lmao
>tfw can not be single anymore
>tfw have relationships coz im afraid to be single
but atleast im not depressed

>did all by myself
God favored you. God gave you

>be me
>make shitty choices through 3 years of college and all of high school
>weigh in at 289.7 this past December
>oh fuck.jpeg

Got my ass into the gym and cut all the bullshit. Yesterday, weighed in at 238.5. Shooting for 190 by the end of the year.

We're all gonna make it, brehs.

> Start drinking and partying way too young around 11 or 12
> Smoke and drink and sleep my way through highschool
> Doing any drugs I can get my hands on by 15 or 16
> Barely graduate high school
> Go to community college, drop out 3 weeks in after best friend passes away
> Lose job, get car repossessed within a week of each other at 19
> Depression sets in, drinking and partying continues
> Work shitty jobs, get drunk, repeat
> No future no hope
> Turn 25 and decide it's time to change
> 27 now, paid off all old debt, phenomenal credit score, in the best shape of my life, and am back in school while starting my career
I'm on my way to making it.

God did nothing, it's within everyones power to turn their lives around.

I missed out the most important part really, which is to stop having self pity and stop believing you're incapable, and to stop blaming other people and accept your own responsibility on life. Also learn that while you can't exactly control your emotions, you can control how you act in response to them.

This image was also quite helpful in this. Saldy some people will never stop being red goats.

and then you can ascend to the next level

Used to be a basement dwelling stoner that weighed 360lbs. Now I'm 200lbs and a UAS operator for the military. The only thing that's changed is the location of my basement.

>being this ungrateful
I don't understand how God would you give you so much and yet you don't have the decency to thank Him. I don't understand why an edgy atheist would be bestowed so much over someone who has prayed for as long. One of the many reasons I'm stuck in the abyss of depression

>Be 23
>Raging alcoholic
>Fucking up university
>Single after breaking up with whore fiancé
>smoke pack a day
>60-65 kilo (skinny Jew.pdf)

Fast forward seven years (now)
>30
>Lieutenant riot squad
>Married for two years
>75 kilo at 12% BF
>Moderate drinker
>Stopped smoking

And the most beautiful ever: first kid was born a month ago!

How I turned my life around? Stopped wallowing in self pity, started working out daily and just got my shit together. Finish your education, get a job, and fucking workout as much as you can (not only lifting, go running, cycling, swimming, whatever floats your boat).

The sooner you realize that you are the only one holding yourself back, the faster you get your life on track.

The quote that has become my mantra over the years: "if you're going through hell, keep going" (Churchill said that)

Keep it together user and move forward, you'll get there!

Law of attraction works wonders mate

Your life can never turn around from shit to good.
If you ever drop out you're fucked forever.
Nobody can recover from being a 25+ yo virgin for example. Nobody

F a l s e

Oh yea sure, someone turns their life around through their own hard work and then theyre meant to thank some jewish desert God

I'm not even atheist im a deist but piss off

Post anything to prove me wrong, post sometimes someone that wasnt a failed chad ( i.e. exceptional facial aesthetics hidden behind fat) turned their life around.

I mean I'm and sure you'll call it anecdotal or something, but I'm doing alright. Wasn't a 25 yo virgin though, but besides that was a pretty big fuck up. 3 years ago I had a 480 credit score, no desire or drive, skinny fat, pack a day smoker, shit job, shit car, etc. Now I have a career, in school, don't smoke, and am slowly leaving dyel mode after 5 months of lifting, not to mention back in school. It's rare, but sometimes you turn it around.

def mirin man, great job

>tired of being a 110 loser
>workout for months just seeing progress
>bulge disc in 3 places getting hit by a car.
> now I'm a 128 loser about to commit suicide.

>not a virgin

Don't have time to greentext the whole thing because I'm engaging in ny prelifting poop but I grew up extremely poor. Basically destined to be a Meth dealer like both of my parents. Decided that I didn't want to live in Methtown, MS. Got 3 jobs in highschool and moved out when I was 16 as well as making myself emancipated. Adopted my little brother (only a year younger). Joined the Marine Corps as soon as I graduated high school and now I'm a Sergeant about to go to Quantico to commission. My little brother is going to LSU to major in Petroleum Engineering on a full academic scholarship. He's still living in my house probably banging random hos. If we can break out of that life anybody can desu.

kek

Nope, even just ended things with my ex gf/"fwb" because it was a toxic relationship.

>Mid level NCO
How did you stick with it this long? I've been in for a year at a great base and I still know I want out of this shit after 4

It truly does. I had always thought of metaphysical new age shit like that as complete BS but once I gave it a try, my life got so much better.
I was the NCOIC of my flight for a little bit as a SSgt. I joined in '07 so things weren't so bad back then. The only reason I reenlisted was for a 42K dollar bonus.

>social events i found online
elaborate?

I just want to add to the congratulations. You did well user
Your an inspiration for /r9k/

> join Marines
> leave Marines to please skank
> end up homeless
> gains gone
> manage to get my shit together
> dump psychotic bitch
> get small job
> gains coming back
> end up a firefighter

Complacency brah. It's a gains killer. That and letting other people change your plan or who you are.

We are all going to make it.

>Be WoW nerd basement shut in until 23
>Get tired of it. No friends. No job. Only a QT wow grill
>Notice there's a war going on, enlist in the USMC. Pick infantry
>Deploy 3 times. It sucks but at least i'm doing something with my life other than trying to get the gladiator title in the WoW arena.
>Get out after 5 years and become a civilian. Go to community college.
>Hate community college and talk to AF recruiter.
>Sign a CCT contract. Going back in.

And here I am. Wouldn't call it a success but at least my visits to the friday night feel threads are infrequent.

Mirin bruh

meetup.com and also night classes and stuff

Are you fucking me?

Going on a year in a violent group home with a bunch of nonverbals, going to go for my CNA this June and try to get in at a hospital
t. fellow tard wrangler

i went to a few meetup events and it was an utter disaster. all the other people were just as socially incompetent and autistic as me. left after 30mins

I need to make a change, a big change.

>Be married to what was once the love of my life.
>Slowly started rejecting my advances.
>Didn't phase me at first, but it slowly starts wearing in you.
>Take a sudden look at myself a few weeks ago and realise it's quashed my self esteem, realise that I automatically view everyone I meet as being higher in the social hierarchy.
>Sex becomes more and more infrequent.
>Every rejection I physically feel pain in my gut.
>Try to talk to wife about it, she gives a half hearted response.
>Today I spent the entire day with her, doing a big project with her, I'm passionately kissing her regularly, I took her out for a long walk and treated her at a cafe.
>In bed I try to seduce her, and her exact words are as follows:
"You had some on Monday, isn't that enough?"
>She's either completely oblivious or apathetic to how I'm feeling.
>I'm going to try talking to her once more before I suggest separation.
>It's going to kill me, I'm still head over heels in love with this woman, 9 years on, but it's just damaging my psyche trying to stay.
>We have a mortgage and everything, shit is going to be nasty.

First things first, are you in somewhat decent shape? Has your bodyshape changed since the start of your marriage?

Ignoring that, this is why you shouldn't get married. Women get bored sexually. If she hasn't started cheating on you yet, she's almost definitely started fantasizing about other guys. If you can get a painless divorce, I'd look into that like now
(sell the house to pay off your mortgage)

I don't say this to be mean, but a lot of guys have been through the exact same situation and it pretty much always goes the same way

I'm in way better shape than when we met.

It's gonna hurt, but I need to do it.

>be autist in middle school
>turn it around in highschool
>have friends, girls all i can hope for
>settle down with the qt blonde everyone wanted during college
>get fat
>friends stop talking to me because im fat
>qt blonde cucks me for some dude at a concert cause im fat
>mental breakdown ensues
>start lifting
>lose 75 pounds in 7 months
>life slowly turning around
>girls have started coming back
>people talk to me like im human again
>going to a different college where i'm going to start my own business straight after
All you have to do, is learn how to do it once user, after that it's hard coded in your brain to be on top and no matter how hard you fall, you'll be able to get back there again if you put the effort.
Just hang in there

>see eleni post
>(You)

she's so hot it makes me want to kill myself
>mfw just ended things with a girl who has the same body :(

Huge probability she is cheating on you. Consider that and attempt to find proof before you proceed with any legal action.

>be 16 years old
>be pretty ugly, fat, antisocial, and extremely dirty too (there was time where I wore same socks and underwear for a month I think
>have fat landwhale friend
>fat landwhale friend has paki friend 5-6/10 at most like I could see a mustache on her lmao
>talk to paki for a while
>realize I'm finally catching feels for her
>get courage to ask for her Skype (tfw no cellphone)
>decide to improve self a little, shower daily, actually clean clothes, try harder in school
>talk to her on skype, mentions she has bf
>reeeeeee internally
>school year passes, summer starts and decide to lose weight
>fall arrives, lost some weight
>i ask one of her friends where she is tells me that she moved
>too shocked, only really hits me when I was running that day, get extremely sad
>Decide, fuck it I've progressed too far I'm going to keep going at it, maybe our paths will cross again one day
>fast forward almost 3 years to now
>actually in good shape now, I can actually look at myself in mirror and feel proud
>in an ok college, great grades and graduating early
>gotten a few jobs and internships, bosses and coworkers love me
>had gf for a while and even went out with people more attractive for me
>tfw I still can't stop thinking about her despite all that
>I still hope one day we'll meet again and I doubt it'll ever happen
Tfw I used my obsession for a girl to turn myself from a borderline neckbeard to a normie. We're all going to make it

I already looked, tracked her using GPS and RATed her phone.
She's not cheating.

It's not particularly amazing but Veeky Forums helped me go back to college.

I dropped out when I was 19 and turned into a shut-in workaholic for five years, thinking I just wouldn't be able to afford to go to school. An user on Veeky Forums convinced me to apply for financial aid and now I get enough every semester to pay for my classes and books, plus the school has a gym students can use. So I've been learning and working out for free since last fall. It's definitely helped me think more about what I'm going to do for myself instead of living for a job I didn't care about.

>be poorfag
>trouble maker, go to juve twice as a teen
>HS dropout
>pothead and druggie
>21yo 159lb skellyboi working at a call center
>get dumped by gf
>join army
>promoted to E4 at 18mo, become team leader
>OIF/OEF combat veteran
>medically retired at 90% disabled
>can still do all the main lifts
>get $1,800/mo for the rest of my life
>use GI bill to get into shitty community college
>do really well for 2 years and get accepted into private Catholic uni
>4.0 as a philosophy major
>on my way to law school
>no drugs legal or illegal
>no alcohol
>193lbs with 300+ Wilks
>practicing Catholic
>have gf

feels

Dude, that sucks. Have you put on a lot of weight, or is that age when a woman's sex drive supposedly crashes?

Funny thing is I put on a lot of weight years ago and it's only since I lost the weight that this is happening.

I don't have excess skin or anything, so I don't think that's it.

Is she on antidepressants or any other prescription medication? They can affect women's hormonal balance and sex drive.

She used to be, years ago.

What is it that you do?

I'll give it a try

>Very active in sports through teens
>Autismo destroyed every bit of social value I attained through that
>Broken arm and concussion in a drunken accident in late teens
>2 fucking years recovering
>Now 3 years on
>The few friends I had are gone
>No gf
>Talk to average girls online sometimes
>Have done a single social activity since the new year
>No education
>Lifts are better than ever

>Punished user

Anything else going in your lives? Change jobs, get promoted, anything like that? Possibly she may just be 'bored' with you, as horrible as that sounds but women are very fickle creatures.

Nothing.

Man, I'm still crazy about her, which is why I haven't left her.
The added pressure of the mortgage just kills me.

And getting rejected just kills any motivation to go to the gym.

Do it. Pull the plug. Reinvent yourself

unlucky, where i live its 50% freaks 50% norms who want a new social circle

I mean I know it's leddit, but check out /r/deadbedrooms

People have been through it before, and they will probably be able to help more than I can.

If you're 100% she isn't cheating then you may be able to salvage it. Maybe.

What night classes did you take?

Pick one nigga. Trust me, its not worth the drama.

This is why you don't get married kids.

(Hire a Detective to catch her cheating so you don't get totally fucked on the divorce)

bad feels my man. this happened to me but she was addicted to amphetamines, that is ultimately what broke us up.

on another note:

>was addicted to meth
>overdosed
>4 day bender, did an extra line and it threw me over the edge
>couldn't walk, heart was stopping, making deals with god
>had a bunch of xanax, before i took it to maybe not wake up, tell myself that im going to do something about this
>wake up, start almost immediately at the gym
>pre-workout was awesome, great substitute for meth,was taking 3x the dose, but whatever
>end up making nasty gains, get fit, start competing
>fall in love, lose it all, and by all i mean everything. i had quit my job, changed careers, totally broke, she moved out, rock bottom
>end up branching out. contacted all my old friends, lifting harder than ever, focus on school
>get a job that pays as well as the one i lost in a career i actually like, meet a qt cop girlfriend (on tinder, of all places), bigger and stronger than i've ever been, with money in the bank and my degree done next semester
>found out my ex is still addicted to amphetamine, running through men trying to find a replacement for me because i was "almost perfect", but not quite

tl;dr img ay

>typical weeaboo loser
>had friends, but never wanted to hang out with them outside of school or work
>all I did was play video games and watch anime, never had motivation and never did anything useful with myself
>drop out of college after bombing my second year by skipping half my classes and never doing classwork (Spring 2010)
>destroyed various relationships and went broke
>almost get kicked out of the house
>started lifting occasionally during my second year of college, didn't take it seriously until a year after I dropped out
>lifting forced me to discipline myself and made me much more outgoing
>got fortunate jobs as a server that made me a lot of money
>finally figured out what I wanted to do with my life, went back to college in Fall 2014
>just graduated with a BA this semester and finally have an idea of what to do going forward

I'm not kidding when I say that if it weren't for developing a passion for fitness and strength training in particular, I would be a deadbeat without a home right now; hell, Veeky Forums actually helped me along the way too.

Also helps that being more fit makes it far easier to interact with women.

It's my goal to be a fire fighter as well desu

Every expansion people say the same thing. Legion is fun dammit. So was WoD. Fuck Pandas though