Why are powerlifters the losers of gym culture?

why are powerlifters the losers of gym culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p3vR-OFazyU
instagram.com/p/BKw048KDFFH/?hl=en
instagram.com/p/6RLRL3BITA/?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dunno, I think it attracts unaware losers.

All of my ex-WoW buddies all quit WoW and started powerlifting. They all hate on people who train for looks/aesthetics and constantly shit talk people who do bro-splits.

Not saying I'm not a loser for being a long-time WoW fag, but I am at least aware of my autism and try to stick to more normalfag things like looking good and training for aesthetics. Meanwhile these unaware autists obsess of the big 3 and make fun other people at the gym while being 20% bodyfat+ and taking 10 minute rests between each set.

A lot of the powerlifters I know are manbabies that need attention from people on the same level as the most materialistic bitch

Powerlifting is one of the easiest ways for unaesthetic fat fucks to do lifting and feel okay about it. So it's got a lot of fatties that feel the need to constantly validate it as a sport by dragging other weightlifting ideals down.

>all that gear to squat 150 kg

i'd be ashamed

yeah olympic weightlifting is much athletic

OL is the same shit as PL. fat fucks everywhere in the last weight category

He's a QT tho.

10 minute rest between sets? What kinda normie shit is this.

you'll understand when you start lifting heavy

Im not sure what kinda workouts you do that requires you to do 10 minute rests. Do you do your 1 rep max every set or what? you dont get any bloodflow into your muscles with that much rest, no pump 4 u.

>ITT: dyels who never did powerlifting whining about powerlifting

Can literally smell you through the monitor my man. Hit the showers and try to smile.

I don't understand how some powerlifters get so fucking fat when the lifts burn through fat easily

powerlifters eat big to lift big

your fuckin retarded.

being on steroids helps cut that time in half to to a third, but being natty and squatting 300+lbs or 400 if ur experienced youll need 10 minutes rest too. steroids is a little different but its not easy man. hard as balls.

resting from a set of 5pl8 squat is gonna take longer than resting from a set of 2pl8 squat
don't be so simple user

from time to time heavy singles/doubles/triples. all that shit requires quite some rest which is usually longer than 5 min

while all of us are making it, you're still training your ego and resting for 10 minutes.

HAVE FUN

>OL is the same shit as PL. fat fucks everywhere in the last weight category
tell us something what we don't know

Enjoy not getting as many gains as you otherwise could because you refused to rest up long enough to do your next set at your full potential.

This is bullshit. I get done with 5x5's in in 20-25 minutes

Are they though? I mean, regardless of who you are, squatting 500+ is fucking impressive

What do you squat

I'm doing 5/3/1, and on max days, your last set is suppose to be as many reps as you can possibly do with 95% of your 1rm to see how you're progressing

you better fucking BET I'm taking 10 min break before that

>he actually fell for the 5-3-1 meme

It's the least athletic sport there is. It's also easy to pick up solo which attracts shut-ins and autismos.

holy fucking shit you have the work cpacity of a chainsmoking sloth on antidepressants

do some fucking gpp you fat lazy fucks

the only instance where i feel a rest period longer than 5 minutes ius justified is the last set of the last day of smolov base mesocycle

>It's also easy to pick up
this is entirely why it's popular

it's because it takes no skill or mobility, it's entry level is borderline non existant

Pic in the OP is not a powerlifter. I'm guessing he's a weightlifter, and some fat fuck powerlifter (probably a Rippetoe disciple) is criticizing him for not doing a sumo squat-morning with 2 inch range of motion.

>as many reps as you can possibly do with 95% of your 1rm

95% of your 90% training max, aka easy as fuck for a single minimum.

Also, this
Cutting down ridiculously high rest between sets = gains.

>knee sleeves
>all that gear
what?

>posting one extremely fat "athlete" that isn't even good at the sport and only got exposure because she's from america

it's not just one. just look at oly lifters in the last weight category and almost all of them are fat if not obese. same goes for powerlifters.

while in the set weight categories there are hardly if any fat people and most are pretty ripped.

belt shoes sleeves. also saying deep while he's at parallel

top kek

>gym culture

The only thing you listed that actually makes a difference in how much you can lift is the belt.

Also his hamstrings are in contact with his calves and that's the definition of a deep squat.

>105kg+ weight class
>fat people in it
I wonder why.

If you're not maximizing your performance, you're not winning any sport ever. Therefore, if you compete in an unlimited weight class, why would you not get fat?
The sport of weightlifting is very athletic in its nature, regardless of some fat folks competing in it.

If you're doing 5x5 you're not lifting that
heavy. Come back when you starting doing full effort triples.

well at some point it starts being counterproductive. my point was there are fat people in both lifting styles not just powerlifting as most here believes

Aww looks like babby's first time lifting big

Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?

Because they overcompensate for the fact their achievements were made redundant by a ropeand pulley.

youtube.com/watch?v=p3vR-OFazyU

sounds like they should be training in a powerlifting gym, not a commercial gym

Powerlifters are definitely the fedoralords of the lifting community.

At least they're not as bad as xshit fags. But close

Optimal recovery for the phosphagen system to replenish your base atp stores for maximal output (for 15 seconds). Lactic acid takes over after that but isn't as effective for testing 1RM's

Where do you see a belt?

I do 5/3/1 too but 10 minutes would be too long for me. I would get cold from that much waiting. On working sets I usually break for around 3 minutes between and then on the AMRAP set, right about 5 minutes.

I can feel when I'm ready to go again, and when I get about 2 minutes past then (distracted or whatever), I strip the weight back down to the previous set and do a quick double, rest for 2-3 minutes, and then do the AMRAP set.

Powerlifting is really attractive to people who can get showing up to the gym right, but lack the discipline for the really challenging parts like keeping discipline in the diet and getting your mobility/recovery game right.

It's basically "fitness" distilled down to the few things that go well on gay motivational posters, with none of the "boring" parts like taking care of your body being there to distract from the circlejerk.

300lb isn't heavy, it's 12 months of progress

bullshit. 90%+ recovered in 3 minutes. the other 7 minutes are you fucking sandbagging and a total lack of conditioning.

>diet
Why the fuck do you Oly dipshits cherry pick the 105+ KG weight class? Do you honestly believe this is the only weight class? For fuck's sake, I can do the same thing and point out the fat ass fucks that are in your unlimited weight classes too. Everyone that isn't in the unlimited group (aka a gross majority of them) are on strict diets to make or maintain weight.

>challenging parts
Right, because scheduling your training so that you peak for competition isn't challenging and doesn't involve doing mobility or recovery work.
>being this retarded

it takes 5-7 min on average to replenish 90%. on some people it might be close to 10. the only way to find out where you are on the spectrum is to wait until the weight gets heavy then test it

Post stats

I'm the other user that is doing 5/3/1 in this thread that commented about not doing more than 5 minutes of recovery and I agree. 5/3/1 mandates doing conditioning work following your main lifts to keep your recovery optimal and this idiot clearly isn't doing it.

For a short period, I switched over to Hepburn, which is many sets of doubles or triples but with strict 2 minutes or less breaks between, and I was fine. This clown would be dying.

Bruh do cardio

Because they're the nerds who wanted to go to the gym but are insecure about curlbro Chads so they obsess over unpopular lifts to feel a sense of superiority over people with aesthetics.

Lots of good points being brought up. Non-athleticism, nerdiness, being contrarian for the sake of it, snobbishness and elitism.
Many PL were never physically active their entire lives until it dawned on them that being a fat fuck isnt gonna get them laid. So gym is the last resort, but deeply ingrained in their psyche is the irrational hatred for everything mainstream, popular, accessible to a majority of the population.
Really, how many mediocre powerlifters played sports with success in their childhood and adolescence? None. These people are unathletic as fuck, undisciplined and contrarian. Going on about muh strength with knee wraps, belt and a shitty wide stance low bar squat but not able to run 5 miles. Condescending towards people whose single most important goal is not to squat 6 plates reflects worse on the obese elitist than the guy who wants to become an athletic, healthy person. Forcing yourself to eat 6k cals a day, fucking up your joints and shitposting on Veeky Forums for the remaining hours of the week isnt exactly the epitome of health

So what is the Veeky Forums approved lifting style if its not powerlifting?

>Only 6 plates

Normie pls go.

>300+lbs
Nigger, I just reached over a 350lbs squat and I can still get by on 2 minutes of rest between sets.

You're missing the point here. Obviously, some number of you fags who are actually good/competitive are going to have your act together, and it's kinda a shame that you're stuck lumped in with all the queers. But that doesn't make it any less true that your sport is immensely appealing to every fat as fatass who wants an excuse to never cut down, and every egolifting tool who records a "training max" on bench with his buddy pulling half the weight up and then still lies about how much was on the bar later anyway.

lmao i used to do 80% in 1-1:30min lmao
now i do it in 2.
I BENCH 225 4X8 AND REST 2 MINUTES. I JUST STARTED DOING THAT. LOL IM EXPLOSIV AF

>but not able to run 5 miles
>comparing strength and endurance
yeah you just went full retard there

It's lifting for 'aesthetics' so vapid whores will pay attention to you until they witness your crippling autism and your fellow spergs on this Tajikistani freshwater fishing board give you validation

so what do you train for lol
I have 2 GPP days in the week and i definitely can out run you faglord
and i keep a log of my diet with well balanced vitamins and a healthy surplus of calories
where are you even getting these generalizations from
>everyone is just triggered that someone that looks smaller can lift more

Not being able to run 5 miles is like not being able to squat or deadlift 2pl8.

You don't have to do it all the time or focus on it, but a fit, healthy person should be ABLE TO.

i do over 250 miles every week on bicycle. my resting HR is under 50. it has nothing to do with cardio levels. i'm 175 and i have to rest 8+ minutes between squat triples of 450. if i try it before 5 min mark i won't be able to do it or majorly struggle with last rep and destroy entire squat session because of it

Its not the distance that kills you, but the speed. I agree that everyone should be able to jog 5miles without walking. But i disagree that you would have to literally "run" 5miles.

>muh rising numbers

it attracts literal autists

Cause they will try and defend arching your back so much that your bench has a 2 inch ROM

Athleticism isnt the same as brute strength you low IQ nigger. Keep telling yourself a 7 plate DL is all you need if feel better about yourself, but your condescension towards people with different goals and better physiques is telling

yeah but youre fat. start running you pig

Very very few powerlifters can arch that much.

It's funny that triggers you though because they can still bench more than you with a flat back.

please go back to /plg/

>powerlifters aren't aesth-

instagram.com/p/BKw048KDFFH/?hl=en

You might want to find a better example

instagram.com/p/6RLRL3BITA/?hl=en

no one who can't even run a 6 minute mile should consider even thinking of themselves as fit

You're trying really hard to become even more condescending and elitist than your own strawman, aren't you?

They wouldn't want that because half the fun is being around people to hate on

Reading your post hurts. What a stupid fucking moron.

Yeah these threads and posts like that blow my mind.

>tfw I squat like that

Are my knees gonna be okay?

this

I was able to break 5 minutes in the first mile of a cross country race in high school. Why can't you run a single mile under 6 minutes, user?

Who's guy #2?

Virtus, a /plg/ trip.

I feel like the original post is being satirical, usually "xxxxlifting" facebook meme pages just post any kind of meme lifting images or comments just for fun.

Ye so i'm guessing satire desu

>tfw you will never look like insulini

>This is what powerlifters actual believe

What the hell kind of powerlifters do you guys interact with?

No one at my PL gym looks down on other people for not powerlifting or training for the "wrong" reason. Who are all these elitists?

nerds who are doing SS with a 400kg total that will never compete, obviously.

In America, it seems that "powerlifting" has become a lifestyle, mainly appropriated by people that have not, nor will ever compete in the actual sport of powerlifting.

>be dumb as a rock
>see shit posts on Veeky Forums by "powerlifters"
>start thinking real PLers are faggots because you never talk to real humans ever

>waaa my reason for lifting is better than yours!!

just fuck off and let people do what they enjoy

Hating on brosplits is totally legit.

Ironically the best way to get big as a natty is lifting heavy.

Heh. Makes sense that WoW fags would want to do the real life equivalent of grinding rpg stats.

And how many are open about being enhanced?

Lol no.

You just have 0 conditioning

I'm natty and just finishing my first sheiko cycle, I can squat 415 for 4 sets of 2 with 2-3 mins between sets

I may take 4-5 mins for work over 90%

Do some god damn cardio

prove they are