You will never have a hobby that fufills you as much as video games used to as a kid

>you will never have a hobby that fufills you as much as video games used to as a kid

Veeky Forums I feel so empty. the gym takes up one hour a day, I seriously need a new hobby. I'm always bored and have things on my mind. Aside from lifting, what do you guys do?

Other urls found in this thread:

oldschool.runescape.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

masturbate listening to erotic hypnosis

>lifting takes 1 hour

Lmao dyel

i play the game featured in your picture

quit it bro it's a waste of time..

Why not play videogames?

Lifting is better than runescape you can get real life strength n defense levels

waste of time. Gain nothing.

A routine doesn't need to take more than 45 minutes dumbass , never longer than 1.5 hours

STOP

JUST STOP

i recently started looking at old school runescape and have been wanting to start up again but I can't justify the time sink of playing

I think last night I finally found a way around it - watching streams on twitch.

I watched someone's stream for about an hour last night and got the same fulfillment out of playing so let's hope that works

I still skateboard.

Society views it as manchild edgelord shit which is really annoying.

The skill needed has no ceiling nor does the potential tricks and things you can do.

Also getting strong has helped me ollie higher, and I can bust out triple kickflips with relative ease now too.

Become a hustler. Honestly, if you consistently have too much free time on your hands, you should be focusing on somehow making money. Could be anything, from selling food at food markets, over property management to becoming a fucking nightlife promoter. Doesn't have to be a great gig at first, but you know what they say: action leads to action.

Also, other hobbies for your free time:
Hiking
Reading
Watching movies
Traveling
Museums
PUA (going to the coffee shop, bookstore, museums and such and chatting up girls)
Smoking weed
Sports (preferably something with some community feeling to it, so you can meet new people)
Cooking nice meals
Shopping (so you don't always walk around in a hoodie and basketball shorts)
Playing chess

That's how I occupy most of my time, and desu my life is pretty damn great. Also, note how most of the hobbies I mentioned will turn you into a better person the more you do them. Don't artistically obsess over doing one thing with your life, but take a balanced approach to it. 80/20 rule, you know

We're all gonna make it xxx

>0.5h driving to the gym
>1.5h lifting
>0.5h cardio
>0.5h socializing and showering
>0.5h driving home

absolute minimum of 3.5h for a workout

>play video games because it's the one of two things that helps me escape the stress of my job and life the other being gym
>play because I have no friends in rl and I have pretty solid friendships with a couple guys online
>everytime I've quit, I've become a better version of myself
>always come back because my job gets too overwhelming or I miss laughing with my online buds
>sink into a video game hole that distracts from sleep and gym
>I've repeated this process five times in the past four years

I can't escape

Skateboarding is cool, the fact that its seen as edgelord shit makes me wish I could skate.

oldschool.runescape.com/

>living that far from the gym
>doing cardio
>socializing

Same but with tv show

I play banjo and am a part of my community's local bluegrass scene. Jam sessions are all around and you can make great friends through that. If you play guitar or any other sort of instrument, I'm sure you can find a jam session with a musical genre that's right for you.

you're doing something worse than playing. You're wasting your life watching someone waste their's. fill your time up with something else entirely. You need to re-sensitize yourself. video games are too stimulating.

Get some friends..?

speak for yourself faggot
lmao natty cuck
I used to skateboard as a kid, was never good, could barely ollie. Went to a woodward camp. Tried a few years back and realized u cant skateboard unless ur skinny as fuck.

Society doesnt think ur a manchild unless u are. I know a few skaters and theyre super popular. theyre not even that good.

> 20 minutes driving to gym round trip / getting ready
> 1 hour lifting
> 10 minutes shower
wow 1.5 hours. cardio doesnt count, I dont even go to the gym for cardio sometimes.

im in the gym for 3.5 hours 3 days a week

How does hiking even count as a hobby?
>yea errr i like to walk
>a lot

>I cant justify the time it would take to play
>But i can justify watching someone else play for the same amount of time

I wish you were trolling, but I doubt you are.

/hypno/ pls go

I'll never forget the glory days of talking to girls on RuneScape and MapleStory.

Definitely agree. This is a sad way to spend time.

Find a hobby where you improve yourself such as reading or create such as playing an instrument.

Playing video games by yourself doesn't do much for you unless you want your hobby to be talking to others about video games.

>watching someone else play for the same amount of time

kek when did I say that? I usually watch the stream for about ~20 minutes then I get bored. if I was actually playing that would be some shit like ~20 hours

How does collecting art even count as a hobby?
>yea errr i like to look at pictures
>a lot

8 hour arm day every day

I also play osrs. Lift in the AM before work, work, then osrs in the evening. I usually have some other content on the other monitor.

I've recently done most of learn Python the hard way and automate boring stuff with Python.

Filling the void of vidya is a challenge, but I've discovered that pen and paper rpg's work really well. You spend time designing encounters and reading rules, while exercising your creative skills and fulfilling the "adventure" component of games. It also consumes less time overall, one game session every 2 weeks with a few hours per day of writing/design

Here's mine desu
>5 min drive
>1 hr workout
>no shower
>5 min drive home

Barely shower anymore since I've cut my hair, twink genetics make me a girly smelling god.

i dont waste no time since i have a home gym

>barely shower anymore
wtf

dont listen to the other people. its definetly seen as manchild status, even though i wish it wasn't.
>tfw you cant have fun if youre not 13

what the fuck is wrong with you?

Guns, cigars, read a book. Or get someone pregnant, then you won't need to worry about hobbies anymore.

2nd that

anyone got that mo'fuckin home gym?

truly GOAT, I can dance to anime OPs wearing only compressions and olympic lifting

Read that as "socialize in the shower"

YAHOOOOO

yachachacha!

Oo damn nigga got that 2pl8 on the bar

Get a second monitor. I have OSRS on one and the beauty of Runescape is that there are so many things you can do semi-afk, this way you can be productive and not put 100% of your energy into the game. You'll still be able to enjoy the game, and maybe take some time to focus on it to quest if you want to.

nice meme shit you got there, just get a cage u weakboi

1" plates, disgusting

Just added an efts American press bar to the collection.

>standard bar
how does it feel to waste money?

Fuck 'em. Do what you like.

The only thing I can really critique is doing cardio in the gym. Just go for a jog or ride a bike, you colossal faggot. Since I'm normie enough to talk to some of the regulars and some former classmates who happen to train there too, I can understand the socializing part, but you don't meet someone you know, every time you go lifting and if you're actually busy, nobody is going to be disappointed if you tell them you need to hurry and can't talk today.

I used to play back in 2007. I spent more time fiddling with scripting than actually playing. I'd have a script to mine ore, another to smelt, another to smith, etc...

PLAY SPORTS

Have you ever climbed a mountain and looked out onto the land without a single sign of civilization in the distance? It's fucking blissful you fuccboi.

>the gym takes up one hour a day

you will never make it

Im an indie dev now, so technically playing the latest games is now part of my 'job' as 'research'.

Also, dont become an indie dev, as a kid it sounded awesome, but its the worst job in the world and the only reason im still doing it is because of the amount of time ive already sunk into it. luckily im only doing it on the side and have another business that pays the bills because the money from games hasn't been nearly enough to live off of.

(Its completely changed how I play games though, pro: i play lots of games now for a couple of hours each, no more playing one game for >200h like morrowind, im estimating ive played about 150 games in the last year, con: games are so fucking shit nowadays, I get so pissed at small bugs and shitty design choses/missing features that I know would have taken literally minutes to fix or add, like Civ6, its the 6th one by now you should know how to make a good game, how the fuck can you make a AAA game that fucking bad?)

I'm stuck in the exact same boat OP. I use to play vidya 16 hours a day but there are just no decent games or they no longer hold my attention, fapping 5 times a day isn't really enough to take my mind off the boredom, but there isn't anything else im really interested in, dont have a job because i am neet.

Do you want to be my friend?

maybe learn a music instrament

IF YOU DONT SWEAT YOU DONT WORK OUT HARD ENOUGH

Ive always been confused about that counts as a hobby, if I make money from it, is it a hobby or a job? is studying a hobby? ill give you guys a list of what I do in a day and you can tell me which activities are hobbies
>sleep
>wake up
>tend to farm animals
>do freelance programming
>gamedev / 'research' (im )
>fix / build shit around the house / on the farm
>tend to my garden (potatoes, brocoly, cauliflower, carrots, chillies, spinach, peas, cabbage)
>read manga
>masturbate to hentai
>shitpost on Veeky Forums
>lift / jogging
>make food and watch top gear while eating
>watch mlp once a week
>study for my postgrad degree
>study non degree material like phisics or compsci
>fall asleep pretending im cuddling my waifu

usually in that order

things I do 'just for fun', and not for financial gain or self improvement is only manga, hentai, mlp and Veeky Forums. so are those my hobbies?

Fuck, I forgot reading fiction, probably since I havent read a fiction in about 5 months due to always reading textbooks lately.

I'm filling the void with books. It helps that I get free books on Kindle via Amazon Prime. Really want to start bee keeping.

I know you're trolling, but I've seen dudes at the gym doing nothing but socializing. I'm talking the actual lifters. They'll load of a bar, do a set, spend a half hour talking, do another set, and so on.

Hobby is non profit, side hustle is a hobby that makes you money on the side, and a career is your full time money making gig. Being a student temporarily replaces career if it's your full time obviously because it's more or less job training.

>split varrock fountain
>as a kid

op is 6

>Gain nothing.
why live, you just die at the end

I wish games felt like they did when I was a kid, it was amazing. Even perfect VR wouldn't be the same as your young imagine is incredible at filling in the blanks and adding depth to the games of old. But that time is past... and you put childish things away in exchange for your adult wisdom.

I love watching primitive technology videos on YouTube and then going out to try doing projects myself currently making bow and arrow

>driving to a gym 30 minutes away

lol do you live in hicktown or something

you're probably that guy that sits in the chair and listens to music for 5 minutes before actually using the machine

I had so much fun playing videogames when I was younger, now it just feels like I'm wasting time.

I kinda wish I took other things more seriously as a kid instead of games eg. sports, fitness, socializing.

Oh well.

>read
>practice music
>write
>chess
>learn languages
>go out & meet new people
>clean up
>cook or bake
>go hiking
There's so much out there in the world, m8.

how much land do you have for farm animals and a garden?

I'm 28, own 1000+ steam games, and stopped playing games altogether for about 20 months. They weren't fun anymore.

I cleaned the fuck out of my house. Threw out every single thing that I don't use at least once a month. I got back into reading and started to read all the books I've been putting off for years. Went back to church. Started doing volunteer work.

All this shit you've heard that sounds so cliche is repeated for a reason. Life feels good now. I'm sure if I played video games again, they'd be fun again. But as a form of daily entertainment, I think you just age out of it.

Play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

>Doesn't do heavy day
>Five minute rests
>Doesn't do hypertrophy
>Trips to the water fountain
>HiiT session
>Staring at cardio bunnies

I sunk tons of time in runescape when deadman came out. I quit when they added seasonal servers.

Truly an amazing experience. Also leads to depression. I play some rocket-league and dota here and there now but I cant fuck with RS if I want to be happy

>Also leads to depression
why? what do you mean by this?

I spend the odd amount of time modding shit with a view towards something productive, usually learning something. That's it. I absolutely cannot stand tedious crap in games, but I don't mind doing shit to make it less tedious.

Mirin orange and black theme

Bot

Good post varg

Same but my cause is Uni, doing a chemical engineering degree and I don't socialize with anyone because I'm so busy. Then when I have free time between quarters I just play video games and go to the gym.

I have a couple good friends but I never go anywhere with them. Been doing it for 3 years, 1 more to go.

>triple kickflips with relative ease

Dude don't do kooky tricks like double flips hahahahaha. Also this Oh Pee.

I skate, surf, ski and snowboard, they all have no ceiling and you're only limited by your motivation in them, also I'm in grad school and love it, another good fulfilling one.

i hate little skateboarding kids tho. They are all a bunch of little shits that talk like they want to fight but then make fun of you when you actually want to fight

you're probably too awkward to just ask to work in.

>tfw still waste 5-10 hrs per week playing dota 2 @ 27 years old

i am a sad pathetic human being senpai

Sounds exactly like me. I used to play rs nonstop back in 2010, now I can't get into anything for more than a couple days before losing interest. Years of this and locking myself in my room has taken its toll on my mind. I'm going mad.

Lol, I know its bait but still. 6 days a week, 2.5 hours lifting minimum, not including 30 mins cardio EoD. I spose if you never want to make gains, then 45mins is plenty of time

>i'm not a douche, you're awkward
nicesu

I take up to 4 minutes, sometimes even 5 minutes between sets when I bench. No problem letting people work in if they want to.
>you just have to ask