Doing 5 k push ups every other day

Doing 5 k push ups every other day

Will have some training effect ? Would i benefit from doing it ? Ofc not consecutive but in sets of 20 or so

FYI, Optimum Nutrition's 5 lb whey jug is big enough to make a helmet.

>5,000 pushups
I literally don't believe you

Why not ? Sets of 20 since morning till night, try and then tell me

its not the amount of push ups, its fatigue

you have to do push ups to your limit, if its 40 then you do 4 sets of 40 push ups

>tfw all those wishes wasted by Timmy when you were just as miserable and could have made such better use

If you did a set of twenty once every thirty minutes for a full twenty-four hours, you'd roughly just break a thousand. So I'm calling horseshit.

You cant max at the same ammount of push ups every time, it will drop untill you will barely get 5 or so

Also if you try your max everytime there will be a moment you will be drained as fuck to continue

I do 20, end then 20

I do it fast

Rests of 5 secs, every 5 sets, i rest 1-3 mins

my limit is 40 and i can do 4 sets of 40 push ups

3 months ago i was strugling to get to 15

Whats your bodyweight ?

Not without passing the fuck out real quick you don't. By the end you'd be struggling to do one.

im 6ft 160 lbs

Try it and find out

>5000 Pushups a day

For what purpose?

it will have some benefit, such as recruiting your body(chest delt tricep core) to use the push move more effectively . To get bigger muscles from BW experience you need to increase resistance not necessarily repetitions, and to increase calories.

For the untrained they will see nice gains from push ups, will see their chest get in shape and even some abz if they're a skinny dude. If you do bench press and chest flies + variations, regular push up won't be enough. Clapping /explosive push ups however should be incorporated instead

Thinlet here

Are you saying I could actually decent gains if I'm able to increase resistance and calories? How do I increase resistance exactly? I'm 5'11 130lbs. Also what else could you do at home to get overall stronger?

You need to increase your calorie intake

Do push ups, dips, get a chin up bar.

Better for you to get a set of dumbells and a bench if you actually want to gain mass.

Instead of dumbells what about lifting a gallon of water and then moving onto sand?

Also what about legs?

A gallon of water is only like 8 lbs retard. Get some cheap weights on craiglist.

Do dumbbell squats, goblet squats, dumbbell RDLs, and calf raises. Better than nothing.

There are 2 ways to increase resistance with BW excercising:

Get heavier or do isometrics that isolate the same muscles.

Try doing 300 pushups in one day and by the last set of 20 (or whatever) you're fatigued enough that you'll struggle to get even 10.

5000 in a day is a bullshit number, I also
don't believe it.

you'll get good at doing pushups. that's about it. unless you have progressive overload you will not see many gains.

Doing 5k pushups every other day would result in rabdo pretty goddamned quick, user.

That's 250 sets of 20 pushups a day which doing roughly 10.05 sets of 20 pushups every hour for 24 hours straight. That's a little over 200 pushups an hour 24/7. Alternatively you could do 400 pushups an hour for 12 hours.

Delete this

Tiny as fuck boi

>5 k push ups
Distance or total number?

its much easier to roid your ass off or actually lift and eat 2lbs of chicken breast everyday for the rest of your life

not an expert, but you will probably fuck up your rotator cuffs.

Five

Thousand

Pushups

OP let's be honest I'll be surprised if you could knock out a thousand in a day with dedicated training. Better off getting 100 in two minutes and then starting up with weighted sets afterwards and then just cycle that every single day.

It's a waste of time. Better off doing 200 every day, then picking up weights when that gets easy.

Instagram?

Can doing a high number of push up reps in a short amount of time considered as cardio exercise?

miss_olsen87

For a while a was doing 1000 push ups a day,it would take forever( 50 sets of 20). I was already benching 2pl8 at this point, not recommended for beginners or anyone really.

Not OP, but would I what benefit could I get by doing 100 or 200 push-ups every single day?

Im ok with most of my body, legs arms, abs are perfectly fine by me. only lacking chest and back

With back I just have to do a fuckton of pull-ups, but doing 200 push ups per day increase my chest size???

what benefit could I get from doing that, sorry for bad english.

Biggest benefit would be increased work capacity (you won't get as tired during workouts)

And theoretically you would get some of dat dere nucleus overload which could make your chest and tris bigger

I'm starting this soon as well desu

Now, lets say 200 push ups a day. On sets of wat?

10x20
40x5?

Up to you lol doesn't really matter as long as you manage to keep from getting too gassed to keep going.

In the police academy we had to do 1,000 pushups in one day every week and it fucking wrecked us.

I refuse to believe you can do 5k every day unless you're a god of fitness.

If you did that (20 pushups in 10 seconds, rest 5 seconds, average 90 second second rest after every 5th set) it would take you over two hours to get to 5k.

You're not doing two straight hours of pushups every other day.

No you don't. Kys

enjoy fucking yourself up retard. i thought kids weren't allowed on this board?