Run thread

Finally broke 35 minutes on a 10k

Feeling like I could seriously start to compete at middle distance soon

>tfw runners peak at age 30 and I'm 22

nice mate !
how much do you run per week ?

Trying to outrun the guards at auschwitz?

You could start to think about competing at an intermediate level but doubt you'll ever be that good. No offence man but "finally" breaking 35 for 10kms is impressive for someone 5yrs younger than you. At 22 you're a man running a boys time. Go join a club and enjoy running bro but don't set the bar too high.

Just 20 or so miles.

These last few runs have motivated me with the easy progress. Going to work towards 50 miles per week.

Yes.

>mad he can't run as fast as me

I never really trained until a few months ago.

What made you choose 10km?

How long have you been training?

I want to do anything between 1500m and 10k

Just happened to run 10k this morning and did a great time. Left my friend way behind me and he usually hangs with me.

Always liked to run but I started actually training 6 or so months ago doing a set amount of miles each week. I hear the top guys are doing like 80 miles a week but that's a long ways away for me.

That volume is completely unnecessary unless you want to run marathons man.
1500-10000 is a huge span. Narrow it down and train accordingly

Yeah I personally feel like I have good will power but my kick isnt where I want it to be so I think it would be smart for me to go into longer distances.

How long would you wait after a meal before running? I was planning on running after work, before dinner, but things got rescheduled. 30 mins of walk/run intervals because I'm still pretty new to this.

I have trouble eating breakfast so I just add some calories chocolate shit to milk and chug 1/4 of a gallon of milk.

Then I run.

Then I have water. Then some more milk.

I then go to work, have a real meal. Drink more water. Sometimes I work out after work. Sometimes I don't.

Fuck mate, that's preddy gud
Congrats

>Making it

>Being only 6 minutes slower than the average Olympian
>Started training a few months ago
>Not even Kenyan

Either you need to remeasure your track or b8

Yeah, I'm terrible at waking up in time for a run, so I usually fit it in between getting home from work and having dinner (bonus if dinner is something stewed that I can set on a slow cooker to simmer/re-heat while I'm out running.)

Don't worry, my cardio gets me to this point but my kick just can't do 18mph so I'll never beat a Kenyan.
Thanks. I do 800 metre sprints often but it's clear to me I would do better at distance.

Running before bed - yea or nay?

Depends how drunk you are.

Motivation is key.

Run when you are most motivated. This is when you are most likely to surprise yourself.

>Motivation is key

Thats where you are wrong buddy. Motivation comes and goes, ad in fitness, consistency is key. The only thing that matters is discipline.

Very nice
I've just started getting into running
I'd be happy if I could achieve that pace even over 5km

Fuark thats a good time. Here I am at 22min 5k thinking I was hot shit. I only run the 5k a week tho for maintenance

I've just gotten into running, been doing it for 1.5 months (just got done with week 6 C25K)

I'd like to get to 2.4km in 8:30. How should I train after I get done w/ C25K to reach that goal? I was thinking run a 5K (or longer) 3x a week and then do 2.4km once a week. Thought process is if I get my endurance up doing longer runs I should be able to get more out of myself on shorter runs

From my personal experience, I've always found it better to train for the distance that my goal is in
So to take your example, I would run 2.4km and just keep trying to chip away at the time.
For some reason I've felt like running 5km to try and get a certain time for 3.2km doesn't translate very well

I guess I left out the info that this is for mandatory national service (which I'm starting a bit late) so I also need to train for longer distances for non-tested runs