TDEE

Veeky Forums what TDEE calculator is most accurate? which one do you use? There's a lot of sites, and I'm not sure which one to use.

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/calculator/tdee
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/4mhvpn/adaptive_tdee_tracking_spreadsheet_v3_rescue/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The best way is to use any of them to get an estimate of what you should eat, and then adjust your intake weekly as needed based on results.

why are white girls so bad at being sexy?

>use any of them to get an estimate
So average out the results of a few sites, sounds reasonable, what are your top sites user?

pls delet this, don't be rude to lexee! >:(

sorry m8, white girls just don't do it for me

symmetricstrength.com/calculator/tdee

will check this site out, thanks user!

>5'9 manlet
>3k calories to maintain weight
this can't be right
I'd be losing tons of weight if that was my maintenance

Did you use bodyfat

I just did it for a 6'3 guy and it was 2800 to maintain?

Fuck off, Ariana. You only date niggers and turbo manlets.

1kcal/1kg of bm/1hr. +/- 150kcal

Does lifting count as exercise or only cardio?

No way that can be tdee

Yeah that shit is totally off

your own

>wake up
>take a shit and piss
>weight yourself
>log calories for at least a few days (pref 1 week. the longer it is the more accurate it will be)
>weight yourself again under the same conditions
>calculate average calories per day
>use the following formula

avg calories per day - (+-lbs / days * 3500)

+- lbs means you use -lbs if you lost weight otherwise positive

here's an example of this. say i weight myself at 150 lbs and then log my calories for 8 days. 1591, 1785, 1900, 2500, 2154, 1989, 1500, 1491. that comes to to 14910 total calories or 1863.75 calories / day. let's just round it to 1864 / day.

i wight myself again and this time i'm 147.8 lbs so i've lost 2.2 lbs in 8 days.

1864 - (-2.2 / 8 * 3500) = 2826.5 which is roughly what my real TDEE is

No way that's true, it tells me 2700. I'm eating around 2k and maintaining weight.

So is there a calculator that doesn't overestimate this much

Always use the sedentary setting

I use the one here.

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/4mhvpn/adaptive_tdee_tracking_spreadsheet_v3_rescue/

It's adaptive, so it uses your daily weigh-ins and daily caloric intake to adjust your target TDEE until it zeros in on what your body actually needs, rather than doing a general calculation based off weight. This will get you an incredibly accurate TDEE so long as you're good at counting calories accurately.

I like fitness frog in the sticky.

I think its fine to use light activity on most calculators if you lift for hours 3 times a week and arent bedridden otherwise, no?

If you know what you're doing and what works for you - sure. It's just that these questions usually come from fatties who tend to overestimate their exercise and underestimate their consumption so conventional wisdom is to 'always' use sedentary. Sorry if I misassumed. As with any rule you can bend it more as you get more experienced.

In any case it isn't too much of a problem if you get it wrong. If you notice you're not losing weight after a couple of weeks, readjust and keep trying.

In regards to OP's original question, the different TDEE calculators rarely vary by more than 100kcal in my experience and that isn't going to be the difference between losing weight and getting fat. Just pick one and subtract for the weight you want to lose.

Im the person you replied to, i get what you mean ofcourse. But personally im not looking to lose weight and want to lean bulk so thats why i hope i understood correctly that i add like 2-300 kcal to my light activity tdee for example.. Though still haven't quite understood if i eat that much daily or only training days.. Sorry if i sound stupid but theres a lot of contradicting information out there

That are all shit. Eat a fixed amount of food daily for 2 weeks, fixed sodium too, and see how much weight you lose. For every pound you lost per week, that is how many units of 500kcal under your TDEE you at a day. i.e. if you only lost .5 a lb in a week then you ate 250 under your TDEE.

Do that for another 2 weeks just to make sure water weight had nothing to do with it.

I belive even with exercise it's usually better to use the sedentary setting and account for your exercise manually.

Lean bulk you're supposed to eat slightly above maintenance every day.

>unironically linking a reddit thread

This means with 30 day water fast I would lose 10 kg. Huh

Your tdee and bmr change if youve lost weight..

Seems like a useful tool though?

You're underestimating/miscounting your kcal.
Water fast is not a diet.
It doesn't overestimate.
You miscalculated bf%, don't fill it if you aren't sure (and you are not).

The calculator does seem to give a larger number than other similar ones though