Anyone else here plays rugby?

Anyone else here plays rugby?
I recently started playing after a lot of time trining only with the team and I need some advice on how to get better coordination. Are there any specific mobility exercises that you usually go for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1wRuWHUmAHo
youtube.com/watch?v=p0elD5givYo
youtube.com/watch?v=nCoNnIykQOY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>rugby
>italy
kek

come on now we're not that bad

My coach makes us play shadow rugby. It helps a bit as it kinda simulates a rugby game but not really.

youtube.com/watch?v=1wRuWHUmAHo
I usually follow this routine in the gym plus some dumbells, and focus on sprint in the field with the boys

Even without knowing how to play you're nowhere near as bad as the US.

youtube.com/watch?v=p0elD5givYo
3:27min look up most of franco channel.

that's probably due to the deviation called american football

i'm pic related and I want to start playing rugby, what do?

>inb4 wristlet

>US
>has never even SCORED A TRY against the all blacks

orbital kek

wristlet isn't actually that bad in rugby, a lot of the backs/centres actually benefit from a lighter frame

I've played football (as in, the real one, what you might call soccer) as a midfielder, so i was kinda the one who started all the plays..
I'm farely sure I have to do sprints and explosive exercises, and also lose some weight since I stopped playing a year ago

>come on now we're not that bad
youtube.com/watch?v=nCoNnIykQOY

>tfw 195mm wristlet
>tfw prop

fat kid will smash you in scrum

Just know that football is a really low contact sport, especially compared to rugby.

My Uni has a competing rugby team, but I know nothing of the sport and feel I'm too small (5'9 160lbs).

I recently started as well, was told by my coach to practice outside of practice by doing sprints, building explosiveness, etc. So I've been sprinting and lifting as usual but adding in Olympic lifts for explosiveness training. Another tip is to buy a rugby ball and just go out to a large open field with a few friends and pass the ball back and forth while running, it'll help with ball handling skills.

Rugby is for people of all sizes, if you're fast you can easily play sevens at your size. Rugby needs big and tough, small and fast, and smart/coordinated people so there's room on a team for anyone.

>Match of the yar
>Team leading by 5 points
>Im scoring by rushing down the right every time
>"Time to bring out big jimmie"
>I look up
>Its him
>Fuck
>Big jimmie glances at me
>Try to flex a cep
>Big jimmie aint having none of it
>Whistle blows
>Get the egg passed to me
>Suddenly big jimmie teleports behind me
>"Nuthing personal kid"
>Suplexes me
>Break half body
>Wake up in hospital

Yeah, nah

was 125 at my heaviest, big everything else just small wrists.

no idea why specifically my wrists are so small

He's a big guy

What sort of knowledge should I have before applying for the team?

>For you

None. I had none. They'll teach you at practice I am sure-- just watch videos of rugby matches and know the general rules of the game. Buy a "rugby for dummies book if you have to (serious).

The most important thing is to be in good shape. The drills you will be running in practice will require endurance, general fitness, explosiveness, good ball-handling skills, strength, etc.

All the hot guys I know play rugby

Is it a hot guy sport?

how to drink your own piss and suck cocks as "banter"

yes

t. fag rugby player

Yea my bf and his brother play

>buy a rugby for dummies book
Seconded. Lots of athletes read up on their sports in addition to actually practicing and playing. I picked up football back in school by reading Football for Dummies and signing up for the team even though I'd never watched a whole football game in my life.

Rugby players are strong, have decent cardio, and are able to mesh well with a team. It's definitely a hot guy sport and has a reputation as such. Girls are way more impressed than they should be if you say you're on a rugby team, and will fall all over themselves to get invited to team parties.

>recreational concussions