/QTDDTOT/ - question that don't deserve their own thread

Last one hit bump limit.

What can you expect to bent-over row if you t-bar row 100?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JVBUgvsMNtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know where else to ask this. I'm getting into a fight tomorrow, what should i do? I've never had a proper fight before

Bring a gun and prank your opponent by shooting him. Say you thought it was a duel

What are good foods for increasing my fiber?

oats

What should i do to strengthen my wrist / the muscle on the underside if my forearm? Only on my left arm, it hurts when doing curls. Can't tell if it's just weak so it gets sore, or if i'm actually hurting it.

3x10
4x8
or
4x10

deadlift

how about altering 4x8 and 3x12 to avoid stagnation?

seems like i alternate every week. been lifting for a little under a year and can't tell what feels better so i just autistically switch.

maybe that's the best thing

Lost about 4kg after 3 weeks. Am I doing OK?

i aksed this in plg since i know these are popular programs there? but im asking here too

So im trying a a mix of the lower body stuff from c6w with the upper body work of nuckols 3x int med bench but i have a dumb question

do i just swap in the nuckols dys where the c6w would have me doing upper body stuff, or do i do them "on top" of each other, even if it means doing a c6w lower body workout on the same day as an nuckols upper body workout?

Currently doing PPL but can only realistically go to the gym 5 times a week, sometimes more. I've been thinking of combining my current PPL with PHUL. This would mean my split would be PPLxUL. Is that a bad idea?

5 times a week is a fuckin lot, man. most programs ive ever seen cap out at 3 or 4 days

Does someone know whats in this book and are the routines good? Or is his other book better?
Or maybe someone has a download lnk?

With PPL youre meant to go to the gym six times a week...

Is it possible to make significant strength gains from working out at home?

I'm starting to get more interested in being Veeky Forums but don't know if i have the time/money/dedication to go to the gym

plus it's all shitskin permabulk bros where i live, i really don't want to go to the gym with them

Anyone got some good warm ups routines for when you're performing big lifts?

I usually just warm up with the bar and progressively add 25-45lbs in a pseudo-pyramid.
For example on squats:
1x8 w/ only the bar
1x5 135lbs
1x4 225
1x3 315
1x2 340
1x1 365

top set: 1x5 375

I don't really calculate the jumps and mainly go by feel, but I'd like to incorporate some bands stretches or something to relieve stress on my lower back when I'm deadlifting etc.

I'm working out at home for the next 2 weeks due to unforseen issues. Will have access to actual gym after that.

All I have in my possesion is a bench and some dumbells. I don't have a squat rack. What are some substitues for squats that I can use in liu of not having a rack. Also, would it be possible to build my own squat rack just for a couple of weeks

its getting hotter here every day.

I was doing dead lifts today and I was sweating so much that I feel like it effected my grip !
I also felt like I was really close to fainting at the end of my sets. like a few seconds after I was finished.
I'm used to getting light headed but today I was really spaced out.

is somethign wrong with my breathing ?

No, you aren't. PPL isnt attached to any certain training frequency.

The more often you can and will go to the gym, the more you can split your workout. If you go twice a week, wholy body each time it is. 5 times a week is quite fine for PPL. You can do an upperbody orienteered workout by doing
Push Pull Rest Push Pull Legs Rest, for example. See what works for you. Just make sure you hit your muscles around twice a week if youre a natural trainer, less frequent and youre not working them hard enough by letting there be too much rest days inbetween workouts. You dont also have to fit the routine to week days, you can just do XXx repeat for example.

Is walking a decent form of exercise as long as you do a lot of it

I can walk really far with no issue for hours, I just hate running and lifting and such

lunges with dbs in hand
db deadlifts, db single-leg deadlifts
clean the dbs and do front squats holding them
goblet squats
step-ups with dbs in hand

Ive been going to the gym 5 days a week and spend about an hour working out (approximately 15-20 minutes of cardio, and the rest lifting). I started about 3 weeks ago with the goal to lose weight. I started off at 205lbs, now I'm at 218.. what the fuck? I've been eating between 1300-1500 calories a day. Why am I a failure?

I just started lifing yesterday and did tris and chest. Today its like my tricep is to short for my arms and hurts if i have to bend my arm. Did i fuck some thng up or is this normal

What's the difference, in terms of muscle growth, between doing 5x3 or 3x5?

Thanks man, that was really helpful

What a lot of people don't realize is that PPL can overload the shoulder girdle. It gets used in all three modes if the exercises aren't selected perfectly, and even if they are, sometimes, and doing 6 days of it can lead to overuse injury.

Seriously for everyone considering PPL, think about an upper/lower split instead. Generally only the main barbell lift has shoulder implications on all four days and the remainder of the work is usually machine or isolation so it's much easier on the shoulders.

Suggest Lyle's Generic Bulking Routine.

That's normal bro, you're just sore. It'll go away after a few weeks/months of lifting, savor the feeling while you still have it

Should i stretch afterwards?

Is there any hope for getting rid of IBS and constant bloating/farting etc., or should I just kill myself already? My insides have been fucking me over for 4 years now, I tried everything, including antibiotics (rifaximin), most drugs doctors told me to try either didn't work at all or only helped for a few weeks...

Good point. I do a sort of push/pull and sometimes legs completely alone themselves, and I split my workout to ease the shoulder work.

For push, a squat variation will do and for Pull, hamstring curls/GHR will do, with the around-once-a-week legs workout which includes a few sets of DL as well.
For my push workouts for example, I usually go push A: barbell bench + light db ohp, squat varying + accessory work if needed. Then for push B, ohp barbel and light bench db work. This works for me and isnt as taxing on the shoulders as I put more focus into one exercise over others per workout.

Should I take advice from a manlet? A manlet gave me unsolicited advice yesterday st the gym, can't tell if he was serious or trying to sabotage my gains

yes

Probably why its so bad then...

I added milk into my diet.

I drink 1 kg every training day ( 4 ).

Ironically, my goal is bulking, but since I started drink milk, my overall body size feels and looks smaller, and my belly fat is rapidly decreasing.

Is this normal ?

You added 1l of milk per day to your normal diet, but you're losing mass? Nigga that's like 500 additional calories, you're defying laws of nature.

go to my PT 2 times a week for full body resistance work and cardio every off day
Should i be doing more than this? he says the only day i should really be doing anything on my own is sunday because i go on tuesday and friday.

Milk I drink is 250 kcal a liter.

You are not counting kcals right.

Not muscle mass nor strength ( my strength is improving, as in lifting numbers) but I think I have been shredding fat faster since I started drinking milk.

Lol no

So can or can you not go more often than twice a week? Twice a week is the low limit for going anyway, try to make it 3-4 if you can.

Diet sodas: yes or no? And why?

Water

In moderation, no kcal but really bad for your teeth. Drink water.

he only does appointments twice a week, but i can use the machines on my own during the weekdays. and alright, i'll try to find some stuff to do at my regular gym, thanks.

No, I mean if you can go more often, then you should. You pay for a PT, you better ask him for a proper routine. Just tell him that youll go, say, 4x a week so let him do his job and tell you what to do. When you go with him, just make him teach you the range of motions of all exercises youll be doing, and then go alone. You arent supposed to pay a PT to MOTIVATE or PUMP you up for a workout, women do that. You make sure you know how to do the ROMs, then just drop the guy. Should take around 5 PT hours overall.

Notice that your PT will be against this, its his job. He wants to go with you for the rest of your life, since you pay him. You have to see his reasonings too, he lives with your money, and no, he doesnt do it for free.

When should I take creatine and how many scoops? I was thinking one before and one after my workout.
Rich Piana pls don't answer

I recommend doing some research of your own for EVERY supplement you intend to take, ever.

Creatine monohydrate should be taken 5 grams a day, no matter when. It loads the creatine storages in the muscles. Some people cycle, some dont. Loading phase seems to be irrelevant.

I'll do my best, doubt he'll agree though, honestly only have him because he was ridiculously cheap compared to the others and did nutrition too.
Dropping him at the end of the summer either way by force, but i think i have form down on every exercise we've been doing already so we're check there. just need to pay more attention to how much weight i've been doing. Honestly think i need him to keep me motivated to keep doing actual lifting though, cardio i enjoy.
Range of motion does mean form right?
Thanks for the tips

I drink water, but getting water when I go out with friends is awkward so since I don't drink alcohol i thought about diet sodas

Made a switch to low bar, but starting to get serious elbow pain on one side. Also find myself losing balance and falling forward occasionally (I go ATG, but still working on form).

Sorry for no vid, but anyone got any good guess as to what I'm probably doing wrong and how to fix it?

ROM, range of motion, basically means form yeah.
If you can afford him and you need him to motivate you, then fine I guess. Many people probably have a hard time finding motivation for lifting after a few weeks or after the start, as they hit their first wall. Just gotta do it. Easier later on.

Another thing is, he wants to keep you as a customer, right? That means keeping you healthy. Regardless of what your PT says, you should be doing deadlifts and normal barbell back squats. PTs have a bad habit of putting people on machines and doing 5x30 or some shit, instead of heavy 3x5 deadlifts for example.
If I were you Id just lay it to him straight, teach me how to do lift X. Give me a proper workout routine. Thats it, if your nutrition is in check.

Keep in mind that you are one in a billion, your body isnt miraculously different, so you dont need any kind of fucking SPECIAL routine only he can give to you. There is a reason why so many, proven and working routines, have certain big heavy compound lifts in them.

I'm disabled which means I have some form of myopathy. My country classifies me as "severely disabled". I try and see myself as a normal person with less power. I can do most things normally but I have less power, less stamina and for example climbing stairs is hard for me. I even think before sitting down on the floor to sit next to walls to get up again.
> can't do many excercises
> can't do teamsports or 1v1 sports
> have terrible form when walking.

I want to start lifting though, so what is best for me to look into?
Preferably little investment, I'm a poorfag student after all.
Also how do I make sure I don't fuck myself up more than before because of shit form.

It's fine. You arent going out every day and not consuming liters.

Sounds like you could use someone to help you around a bit more, try asking a doctor you see about exercise in general, and for lifting precisely, ask a friend you know goes to the gym or hire a PT for a few sessions. Fit probably has not many people who can help people who dont fit the "normal guy" criteria.

that's the problem though. My disability exists 6 times in my country and the average life expectancy is 16 years.

It mutated for me, I surpassed the 16 years and noone knows wtf is going on. Doctors don't know either generally.

generally I try and just do what normal people do and accept that I'm shit and look pathetic.
Feels shit at a studio though, so I'd prefer bodyweight exercise at home...

I guess thats true, i have no desire to stop so powering through is all i'll be doing.
We do squats almost every session, havent even touched deadlifts yet so i'll start doing those on my own until i get PT in on it. That's exactly what it is, 25 reps of low weights on most machines.
Still losing weight from being a fatty, in a month i should be at my target weight CW: 171 SW: 245 GW:155
Thats when i'll ask him to change it to what you're suggesting.
Yeah mostly what's keeping me from just doing something posted here is fear of fucking up my body, i want to be strong, fit, and able to lift, but i also don't want to be disproportionate, got to check out the sticky again to make sure i dont fuck up.

What should I add to my SL routine I've been doing for one month now if I feel that my arms and shoulders are going nowhere? I don't really want to use machines, they're the most straightforward choice but I guess there are better alternatives.

pls respond

can you post the routine body here for convenience?

>routine body
You mean the routine itself or something different? If you mean the routine itself it's

>A
Squats 5x5
Bench press 5x5
Barbell rows 5x5

>B
Squats 5x5
Overhead press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5

I mostly tend to struggle with OHPs and barbell rows though.

There's a dude at my gym that comes in with his sister all the time, he has to use a walker, and clearly has some physical disability, but he does curls and incline press and some other stuff, works out his legs on the machines. Asks his sister if he needs some assistance. Honestly I respect the shit out of that. Dude is stronger than any of us desu

is there a way to do dips without clavicle pain? i try every technique variation and they still make my clavicles (well, really my left clavicle) hurt like fuck.

Yeah thats the one. I believe SL and SS work somewhat similar in accessory work, it should be added in depending on how well the trainer can adapt to more work load. If you feel like you still have some energy left, by all means go for some isolation.

The point of not pushing isolation directly into the routine is basically to stop the extra work from exhausting one too much, and to not let them limit the big lifts' progression. When you know you know your limits and disrupt the progress, you can add stuff.
You could see workout A as more upper back heavy workout as B, so adding some chinups and curls to A would go well.

For B, you can add some triceps isolation. French press, all good, find what works for you.
And yeah, by routine body I literally meant what you posted, that is the BODY of the routine. You add accessories as needed, and accessories arent the same every time and you arent even supposed to track your progress on them.

So do I.
Disability results in two kind of people:
Those that bitch all the time and those that do something about their situation.
I admire that he isn't insecure about it, I sure as hell still am.

*when you know your limits and know you wont disrupt the progress...*

reeee

When I bench, I place my feet far back so I can push without pushing my butt off. This hurts my spine a little. Am I doing something wrong?

There are plenty of good benching videos out there, check some of them out. Basically, when you get into the lifting position, you put your feet under yourself, under the bench, then just push yourself off the bench and by doing so, you can get a tighter lat tension. When benching, you should be in the competetive form aka whole feet down at floor, not just toe area.

heres some nigga i googled just now lol
youtube.com/watch?v=JVBUgvsMNtk

noone really?

No one answered my question in previous thread.

I put more weight on my squat than I thought I did and failed my first set. I tried to deload and finish but my back had a dull pain in it that advised otherwise. I avoided spine compression exercises for the rest of the session and ended early. My back still has a dull pain when extending.

Did I go to snap city? How long should I take to let it heal? Can I still lift?

So from what i've gathered no fap only gives a slight test spike about a week after you started refraining from fapping and then basically does fuck all. I want to set a PR on saturday, how do I plan this? How long does the spike last? Is it on the 7th day? The 6th? I'm confused

You've fallen for the meme

That's the only part about nofap that's not a meme

I've heard that sleeping at night compared to sleeping during the day results in better quality sleep, but just how much better is the quality of sleep between the two given the same length of sleep

Yes that is good if you are not just losing water weight

Yes also g as you are not hitting two heavy workouts on the same day

Is adding brosplits as accessory exercises to the main 5 lifts (diddly, barbell rows, bench, squat, ohp) okay? I do those and then add in a few bodyweight things and shit like curls and tri extensions

I'm gaining half a pound a week and have embarrassing lifts but I can't gain strength, and I'm following a good routine. Could this be low testosterone or something else?

When people say I benched, squat, deadlift, say XXX#, are they including the bar in this weight?

How do I grow my traps?
Right now I hit them 1-2 times a week with deadlifts and barbell shrugs, what else do I need to be doing?

Yes, you are referring to the total weight you are moving.
Benching 135lbs means the 45lb bar with one 45lb plate on each side.
Any other answer is someone trying to meme you, I guarantee.

>about to start lifting again after a while
>end goal is to gain about 20 lbs and get enough muscle to start breakdancing/acrobatics
>kinda like pic related but a bit more muscly

I'm studying mixed reviews on if I should do SS for something like this or other routines. I'm thinking squats, bench press, pull ups, dips for sure, but any other recommended lifts/routines?

If you're new to lifting/haven't lifted for a while, you're going to be very sore after your first few workouts. This will go away with time/training, just be sure to stretch/eat/sleep properly, and as said, savor the feeling.
Nothing like a constant, physical reminder of your hard work to make you feel accomplished.

There is point of cutting down soda when youre gaining mass?

1) English, please
2) Soda/sugar is shit for you, you can easily clean bulk to gain mass and never touch the stuff. Don't use 'getting big' as an excuse to sabotage your body.

Do i need 1g of protein per lb of weigth if im doing only bw workouts, or i can settle for less? I just started counting callories n shit and it seems pretty hard to hit at 183lbs.

What do they mean when they say 1,2,3,4?

Does moving your face a lot during exercise effect your aging, i.e. should you avoid making facial movements during exercise?

Is there a youtube channel that is good for watching to learn form / how to do the lifts. I'm worried that i'll watch a video with the creator doing the wrong form and then i'll get cucked, or will most be fine. thanhks

Google for Lyle's "basic machine program" at his site bodyrecomposition.com. Normally I would suggest barbell training but when someone comes to the table with significant remedial needs, a machine program is a good place to start and build strength, and form is less important. Many of the gyms that specialize in machines like "Planet Fitness" etc. have fairly cheap memberships.

Read his article on how he trains beginners for whom a barbell program may be "too much" and apply that to your situation.

You're probably holding up the weight with your forearms which makes your elbows sore. The weight should rest on your traps and your arms don't so much bear the weight as just hold it into place.

Also do not go ATG with lowbar. ATG is for highbar. Go just below parallel.

I guess I need to play around with hand positioning a bit. I'll definitely give your suggestions a try, thank you senpai.

What do you guys do when you have to shit during a workout? Do you hold it in, or do you just go shit and then finish lifting? Obviously it's best to avoid this completely by shitting before but yeah

Depends on the lift. If I'm doing stuff like presses or pullups or rows then I'll try to hold it. OTOH if I'm gonna do squats or deadlifts, I will be safe and go shit first, because if you need to shit when you're squatting or deadlifting heavy, you WILL shit.

So im gonna be renting in a shared accommodation house in a box room soon. As far as training goes I sort of want to get into rock climbing and mastering bodyweight and having complete control of my body, should I just buy a dipping belt and weight plates and take them with me in a bag to a calisthenics park or is that autistic? This means I won't be able to squat and DL then.
My other option is I buy a fold away weight bench to put in my room, which can double as a squat rack and an oly bar and weights and I do the main compound lifts, is barbell training effective for rock climbing?

Should I fuck off this hobby and just lift for size n strength with cardio on off days

1. How many lbs of muscle can be gained a week?

2. I have a gap in between my pecs. What are some exercises I can do to fill it?

will my chest grow if I do 200 push ups a day, or do I need anything else? Also what other benefits could this provide?

Low bar vs high bar; which is better for what?

Bump

1. Literally like 1/2 a teaspoon (spread throughout the body). Scooby has a video about this "how much muscle can be gained" or something.

2. Sorry bud, that's genetics. But you can do some close grip bench press or incline press to somewhat normalize your chest

Was recently speaking with someone who's into health, mostly diet and stuff like that, not so big on the strength/muscle side of things. and I brought up how I was starting to count calories and as the conversation rolled on they mentioned Negative Calorie Foods. (such as celery, grapefruit, lemon, lime, apple, lettuce, broccoli, and cabbage.)
Now obviously they don't have 0 calories but from what I understand the theory is that it your body uses more energy digesting these foods as they give you energy.
For someone cutting or trying to lose weight, would these kinds of foods (in small amounts) be a good 'snack' to consume?

It will, but even if youre doing just bodyweight workout, make it that your reps are no longer than 15-20 reps. Add a harder angle, weight on back etc when doing them. No super long sets.

Also, it gives you muscle imbalance between chest and back. I suggest you do chinups as well, if you dont want to hit the gym.

Bump