Hi Veeky Forums just a quick question about kinda conflicting information

Hi Veeky Forums just a quick question about kinda conflicting information.

Currently my TDEE is 3,611 (I'm large with a job that is like kinda sedentary but not 100%)

Some articles I read say to cut 500 calories a day via diet and exercise while others say 1000 or even 1500.

I am just starting on the road to losing weight and I don't want to do too much too quickly since I've heard that is bad.

So what is the number I should be looking at?

Thank you for your time!

depending on how fat you are, 500-1000

500 if you're really fat and are worried about extra skin

1000 if you're only 10-20 lbs overweight

500 is a solid number. Start there and go lower if you feel it's easy enough. There's no risk of eating too few calories until you're consuming too little protein, fat, and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals).

I'm 6' 1" 350 and 25 years old. Should I be worried about extra skin? I hadn't even considered that factor.

Also so this is maybe a weird problem to have but I'm finding 3100 hard to hit when I eat like what I am thinking is healthier food. I'm not like starving myself but like when I add it up some days I hit like 2000 or so which is normal for not a great big fatass but for me is a huge cut. Should I be worried about those isolated days?

You'll be fine,also remember to recalculate your TDEE as you lose weight

Right I have it written on my calander to do every 2 weeks. That seemed a good amount of time. Is this a bad time to ask if anyone has any advice for exercising? I was mainly doing bike and tredmill cardio and elliptical to avoid knee injury, should I be lifting more given the mass I currently have?

Lifting won't hurt and it burns calories. Just do starting strength to get some starting strength for other programs.

Okie dokie I will look into starting strength routines.

Thanks for all the advice guys! I thought I was gonna sound like a fat idiot but this all helps a lot.

What show is that pic from? I remember watching it when I was young but I cant remember the name for the life of me. All I remember is the giant robot with the 8 ball shift.

yes, you'll probably have that

If your TDEE is 3600 and your job is sedentary, then you are a fucking fatass and you should be losing 3-5lbs a week.

Those suggestions about 500 kcal a day are for reasonably overweight people who need to lose 1-2lbs a week. At that rate, you would still be losing weight when Barron Trump is President.

Seriously do a PSMF for at least a month and drop some tonnage before you even START to consider "moderate" rates of fat loss.

About "loose skin" fuck that shit. You have already ruined your body. If you try to lose gradually like 1-2lbs a week, how long will that take you? Still with NO guarantee that you won't have loose flaps (you will).

Megas XLR

Advice for combating or avoiding it? Muscle mass I assume?

I'm looking around and I'm trying to find maybe a guide for a like short PSMF but I'm not having any luck. Does Veeky Forums have a guide they use for it?

You'll never have enough muscle to fill that much skin up. Only options are a) exteremely slow cut which obviously given your size is going to take a fuckin age or b) surgery. Personally I would opt for surgery (use the money you save on food) but it is up to you.

yes

cut slowly my friend

you can speed it up once you reach around 250

dont forget to apply coconut oil to your stretch marks

I feel like I'm getting conflicting views even here ha ha.

So should I look at doing a PSMF? I'm willing to do something more extreme if it's needed. I know I fucked up my body as a youth and let it stay fucked up for too long but I'd like to not die at 40 of a heart attack.

Also I think I read this chart wrong and instead of 3,600 I'm at 3,100 tdee. Not that that isn't still a lot.

You want Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss diet. There are pirate PDFs on the web.

Then later you want his Guide to Flexible Dieting.

Rapid fatloss handbook. A lot of videos on the gist of it, the book is lengthymainly due to warnings

Try doing IF first to build resilience. PSMF requires some knowledge on satiety measures, i recommend against crash dieting for someone not used to caloric restrictions unless they have experienced help

a 500kcal deicit is standard. but you do it by a caloric deficit. Because when you stall you can either eat a bit less and/or add exercise to increase the caloric demand.
This way you will have more options furhter down the road. Which is what you want when you stall.

So looking into IF a bit it looks like there a a bunch of different ways to do it. In my head basically a day off from eating once or twice a week while still being 500 under daily seems like the starting point right?

Is it dangerous to try to do a PSMF for just a week or two to see if I can hack it? If I do it and 2 weeks is easy I'd honestly just roll into a month but if I can't are there concerns?

Thanks I'll download them now!

The best measure for what's ok is how you feel. Especially when it comes to cutting.

If you can't work, can't get up from the couch, then it's too low. Otherwise youre grand, and making progress on fat loss at a fast pace. You have a lot to lose, but at least your not short. Hit the weight room while your cutting and you will recomp.

Loose skin is a thing you have little control over. Youre young so that helps. Focus on what you can control and you will be happy,

Also make sure your accurate with your measurements.

I am likely going to get a food scale for just that reason. That's what people here are always saying are best right?