Losing grip while deadlifting

Been lifting for a couple of months now and at 220lbs deadlifts now. Problem is that I lose grip/the bar starts slipping away at this weight. Now I feel like it's way too early to switch to hook/mixed grip already. Any tips on improving my grip, especially for deadlifting?

chalk,bitch gloves

Hook grip. You'll want to build up your thumb pain tolerance while the weight is low.

Strengthen your forearms. 220 lbs is a joke. Unless you weigh 135 lbs then that's about right

Static holds work wonders, and so do the little squeezy grip things.

You can get lifting straps, but they're kind of cheating.
I'd suggest either: 1. Increasing deadlift frequency, 2. Add accessory stuff for grip (farmer's walks, rows, get some of those grip strength trainers), or both.

I usually keep one of the grip trainers nearby and do a set with them a few times an hour on rest days/when I'm just sitting at home. It's helped.

Just use straps, only the autistic Veeky Forums people will judge you.

Pullups help a lot with grip strength.

Doubling on this. Plus rack pulls and farmer walks.

IE: pull more

h o o k _ g r i p

c h a l k

a n d _ h o t t i e s

>Too early for hook grip

Why would you think that? You should have started with hook grip, it's not regular overhand provides any sort of benefit at any weight

OP here, would doing Static holds after workout + some grip trainer work on rest days be too much?

Don't have anything against hook grip I just think that not being able to hold 220lbs for more than 10 seconds indicates that my grip/forearms needs work

Your grip can always use more work. Best to start now. More deadlift, static holds, farmers walks are your friends now.

>I feel like it's way too early to switch to hook/mixed grip already
Just use mixed grip, asshole. Also chalk. Fucking hell.

>wanting OP to have muscular assymetry and higher risk for biceps tears

Forearm exercises. Way too early for your hands to start slipping

>too early to switch to hook grip
It's never too early user, in fact the earlier the better. Man the fuck up and work through the pain of your thumbs being crushed and eventually you'll get used to it. Also implement some farmers walks and static holds to train your grip strength. Don't forget to use chalk it will help you immensely.

you won't tear your bicep unless you purposefully fucking try to do that shit and not keep it straight. Why would you even not keep your grip straight for an optimal pull anyway?

Hookgrip is a meme that only le redpilled people think makes them special in the gym. Just mixgrip it up my man.

Farmer's carry and pull ups, preferably weighted ones. Don't worry your grip strength will improve.

Changing grip to lift more weight is shortcutting, like roids or dropping the bar. You arent actually. Completing the lift

Static holds with high weight after deadlifting or twice a week works wonders.
Don't use the mixed grip, there are very few people who actually NEED to use that. Plus it's dangerous and imbalanced

Take off your fucking fedora. A deadlift isn't for grip. It helps it but that's not the main part of the exercise.

I warm up with thumbless, switch to overhand, overhand with chalk, and finally mixed grip.

just start only only changing your grip when you need it. Keep your double overhand as strong as possible.

use a hook grip, there's no reason not to.

>Mixed grip
Lol. Yeah just go gay for dicks OP.

Way too early, and far too light, to change your grip. Yes, this includes hook grip. Anything under 315 should almost always be done with a double overhand grip, and one of the deadlift's many benefits is stimulating grip strength. That being said, here are a few tips:

1. Drop the weight by 30%-40% and do high-rep work for endurance and strength (reps of 8-10 for 3 or more sets). This will do wonders for your double-overhand grip strength.

2. Incorporate some heavy, high-rep DB rows into your routine. You can do this as a finisher. Janae (Matt) Kroc swore by these, and Kroc rows are the shit for upper back and grip development.

3. Pull-ups. Do a lot of them. If you're weak, just hang on the bar for as long as you can. Chins are acceptable too. Aim to hang for 30 seconds and add 10-20 seconds every time you do them.

4. Don't waste your time doing farmer's walks right now, just focus on doing your deads and pulls for grip strength. If you really want to, do some DB wrist curls/extensions AFTER ALL OTHER EXERCISES on your deadlift or heavy days.

done

Do snatch grips AMRAP at like 60%. Maybe once, twice a week

use 'chalk' its a god send

Shush babby. Anything below 495 is way too early to switch grips. Obviously he should hold back his deadlift until then for no reason.

Pure stupidity not to use straps while doing back exercises

Confirmed dial.

Hookgrip is the king for deads or any other pulling exercise. Olympic athletes exclusive use hookgrip and and can snatch your dl.

is this the natty limit?

Pure stupidity to use them. If your forearms contract, everything else contracts harder

You could try farmers walks to increase your grip strength, working for me.

Get chalk its cheap. If your gym is stingy then your going to have to buy jewchalk (liquid grip) start practicing with hookgrip during warmups and when it gets heavy go back to double overhand. Add hammer curls to your routine 4x8+ at a light weight to increase grip strength. Farm walks are good too but sometimes space is limited.

Use chalk. Use hook grip. Use mixed grip. Use straps. Use a fucking exoskeleton, whatever floats your boat. If you give a shit about your grip, actually train it. If you hold back your deadlift progress because of your grip and you're not doing other things for your grip, you're retarded on multiple fronts.

Are you using chalk? If not, use chalk.

Also, it's never really too early to be using mixed grip on work sets. What's more important to you, actually completing reps, increasing the weight, and getting stronger, or complying with some asinine idea of what a "proper" deadlift grip is that's based on nothing more than the sad excuses of anons who don't even lift?

Surprised no one has mentioned dumbbell wrist curls. Has helped my grip. Do them before and after deadlifts on days you hit it then hit them heavy when you do any arm workouts. Also pullup negatives are bretty good.

Hook grip is almost like straps, you greatly stop training your forearms/grip strength when you do it.

Youre retarded and should be banned from posting on here

Dont fucking do this, youll fucking pull a tendon on your wrist, fuck you user you're a real gains goblin. I hope you never make it

Not ever going to make it

>pic
DO NOT DO THAT
Your mom should get gassed you brainded faggot. Kys.

I don't like mixed grip because bicep tears scare me. And straps seemed annoying. I bought lifting hooks - and only use them for my last set. As my weight on bar increases, I make grip gains from my warm up sets. (and other grip related things too of course).

You could try a narrower stance & hand placement.
My grip was slipping @ sub-3 plates, and my friend gave me the tip of going narrower.
With my previous wider hand placement, when I stood up and took all the weight, the angle kind of peeled my pinky and ring fingers off the bar.
Going narrow kept the weight straight down on my fingers.

this

>not being able to hold 220lbs for more than 10 seconds
You're supposed to put the bar down between reps

Do one armed DB rows with some cheating. Its great for grip and upper back, as you can use a lot of weight.

You can also simply hold weights as long as possible after you finished the deadlift set.
And hang from the bar as long as possible wen finished with pullups or chins. Use more weight if you have a low bodyweight.

Do all of those and your grip will improve, fast.