>/fat/ generals are for fat members of Veeky Forums who want to:
>Lose weight
>Get a more Veeky Forums body by lifting weights and doing cardio
>ask other fat anons for advice and give moral support
If you're new:
>Read the Sticky

>pretend to ignore all the "read the sticky" fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (you will need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
>myfitnesspal.com/
>myfitnesspal.com/mobile/android
>myfitnesspal.com/mobile/iphone

>Going to start losing weight
>Want to see face gains
>shave my head
>shave my beard
>Look like a 6'1 375lb baby
>Sliced my head with the razor
>It keeps bleeding
>Got a nudie calendar to mark off the days I stay on track

I won't disappoint you Ms. May... soon to be Ms. June.

>he thinks losing weight slowly prevents loose skin

Do I NEED to be in keto to lose weight, or can I just adjust my meals to limit carbs under 50g?

I don't really feel like dealing with keto flu and shit, can I just cut carbs? I've calculated it out and below even 30g has been fine so far

Carbs are mostly empty in terms of nutritional value. They're there for energy, and you don't really need it since you have fat stores.

Restricting carbs will help. Especially just sugars.

Guys remember you NEED to lift or you'll just end up as skinnyfat when you reach your goalweight.

better than fatfat

While I generally sketch my meals out in advance, I typically shift around what I end up eating depending on preference at the time. I'm doing okay but I'm sitting on a plateau, and I don't know if it's because of fuckarounditis, or just a plateau that I have to power through even if I'm tracking everything correctly. So tonight I've planned out everything I want to eat tomorrow, down to the last calorie, and logged it ahead of time. I'm hoping this will keep my discipline up and not let hunger influence my decisions.

>Do I NEED to be in keto to lose weight
Fuck no. But cut carbs to whatever is a manageable level for you, because they do fuck all for satiation and are easy to overeat because of that. Protein, fat, and veggies will keep you full. Eat a little bit of carbs, enough that you aren't craving them or getting keto flu. Low-carbohydrate diets are nebulously defined, but 20g-60g is the criterion used by the American Academy of Family Physicians.

Nah man it's embarrassing you know, I put in all that time eating healthy and doing basic cardio. I should have been lifting so I don't look like someone with klinefelters syndrom.

Lifitng while on a deficit is way harder than lifting while at surplus, or even maintenance. it takes so much longer to recover, especially if you're restricting carbs.

I would recommend cardio for the health benefits, and lifting obviously is fantastic, but it's made even harder at a deficit.

whenever there's free donuts at work, I still usually get one to not look like an asshole, then when everybody is not looking i just flush it in the toilet. fuck u gain goblins

Gonna maek it.

>Go from fatfat to skinnyfat
>5'8, 154lb

I'm going to change to maintenance eating and lift 5 times a week up from 3, with 1 day of cardio. Will this work for evening out?

10 pounds from the sub 200 club

Not gonna make it by start of june like i'd hoped, but oh well

Went from 275 to 206. still got more to go.
Has anyone else made any dick gains? Turns out losing weight has made it grow a bit. there's still some of it inside the fat too.

Isn't cardio just going to negate your muscle gains?

Sickness clearing up, gonna try gym today.

>go to minor league baseball game sit in front row
>photo fag is walking around taking pictures for the team
>see myself on facebook looking like a fat ass
fuck bros gonna start logging everything i cram down my gullet again.

Do you guys keep notes on what you eat or do you punch it into a tracker app ASAP?

Mix of the two. I'll often make big batches of things and just write down the weights of the ingredients and do the calcs later. When I eat out I always add it to an app immediately with a 20 percent variance. If there is no nutrition info i wont eat there or ill just eat the healthiest sounding item there and assume its all my calories for the day.

that sounds smart I often manage my lunch and breakfast fine but then i forget to input diner at night

keto and fasting
only answer
bye

or to paraphrase; eating less

23:1 IF+keto master race here

checked

webmshare.com/play/3yyMG

genuinely mad

honest question to all fat people ITT, what are your shits like?

im an emaciated twig and whenever i try to eat more stuff to get some calories, usually smoothies with oats, milk, yogurt, peanut buttter, etc, it makes my shits loose even thoguh they have a decent amount of fiber in them, and eating this as oatmeal didn't cause this problem. like, loose as in i have to wipe a ton to get it clean and even have to go back later for rewipes

i ask you guys because i know a lot of you have eaten diets with shitty food (fast food, sweets, etc that i never eat) and wonder if your shits were bad too

I've never really fucked with low carb/no carb diets, they make me feel really lacking in energy and lethargic. Just worry about your calories, I've seen good progress with that alone. Don't make your diet harder than it has to be, ever.

If you've never gone on a consistent muscle-building program in your past, you will be skeleton mode regardless. Make sure to begin building muscle once you hit your goal weight for sure though.

Shit to Shower my dude

used to be 220 lb and i used to eat fast food on a regular basis, my shits were tougher a bit hard to push, at some point i used to get small pieces of shit stuck inside my anus unable to push them out. Unlike now where they just come out easy and the overall experience is pleasant. I'm not discouraged by shitting anymore

Shitting is nice. I wish I could shit more often.

I'm ill
what will this to do my metabolism?
will my body fighting infection up the calorie burn?

The way that I see it - What do you have to lose? Worst case, it doesn't work for you and you can adjust to how it fits you. Best case, it does and you continue that way. Only thing that matters is that you eat below your TDEE

If you feel gassy it could potentially mean that you've got some shit in there

How long did it get you to get used to it? I'm somewhat struggling with it

>down below 175
>lost a half inch around my waste
>fat starting to get taken from my fat fucking face
>serattus and abs starting to become visible plus traps and erectors popping out
>holy fuck, i have a jawline
but, at the same time, my neck is looking kinda pencil like. hitting neck curls and extensions 3x a week rn, keeping things in the 20-50 rep range

fat fucks

How much weight lost is too much weight? I'm losing about .7-.8lb a day not really doing anything major besides 2000kcal CICO+IF+keto and walking 10 miles, at about 20 pounds lost in the past 4 weeks

> from /fat/ to Veeky Forums
> feelsgoodman.mp4

couldn't have done it without you guys here in /fat/
we are all going to make it

how big are you? if you're morbidly obese or close to it, you shouldn't be doing any real damage to yourself for now but you also shouldn't try to maintain this pace indefinitely.
try to roughly halve that rate of loss once you're below 30% if male, and half that again once you drop below 15%. when you're in a healthy bf% range, losing 1-2lbs a week is about the max you can expect to lose without losing muscle and strength

That is an insane rate of weight loss. Talk to a doctor or nutritionist immediately.

How much do you weigh user are you in the 400lb+ range? I don't even know how that's possible, maybe you have a parasite or something

6'5, I wasn't morbidly obese tho, just on the edge of the overweight/obese range at 255

I feel pretty decently great, and I'm making strength gains, able to actually do pullups and starting to be able to hit 35lb hammer curls, I'm going to cut the amount of cardio I'm doing though, fitbit is claiming that I'm burning 3400-4000 average with all the walking

lol fatties

put down the fork, fatso's.

Fatties please, the idea you can't build muscle on a cut in misinformed. Your noob gains come quick and despite being on a permacut my lifts slowly went up. This will also help loads when you're no longer cutting.
I went from 310lbs to 210lbs bodyweight
Bench: 250lb x 6
Deadlift: 365lb x 6
Squat: 295lbs x 6
OHP: 155 x 6

You don't even need to do a strength routine, you can do hypertrophy.

you're doing it wrong

let my sodium intake slip this past week and am now retaining a fuckload of water. any ways to flush it out besides just drinking water?

Burning 3400-4000 per day is not sustainable and could be endangering your health. Seriously if you haven't yet I'd talk to a doctor about what your caloric needs are to safely lose weight. It's possible that the rate you're at more is perfectly fine, but I would be careful. Bigger deficit is not always better for you, remember that you're losing weight essentially by depriving your body of what it needs to maintain stasis.

That being said congrats on the progress you have already made. If you're a real big dude and people haven't noticed yet, they will pretty soon.

run and drink a fuckton of water

You could fast but remember that water weight is not fat weight - it doesn't matter and is entirely temporary. Don't worry too much about what you weigh in at day to day on the scale. Matters a lot less than you think.

I have officially lost my first 20kg as of today.
I'm happy, thats all folks.

nothing thats really worth it. Just drink dat water, and keep the extra water weight in mind during weigh ins so you don't lose motivation

did you just not take fiber supplements at all?

> only 10g of fiber/day
> shit is like a million cocktail-size wieners
> i need my shit to look like a log

what's the best fiber rich breakfast food? :thinking:

oatmeal and crush some almonds/other types of nuts into it

fucking delicious I look forward to it every morning, even after eating it every day for a year

I like fiber cereal+almond milk+1 scoop whey

5'11 235lbs alcoholic here

This is it man. Long-story short; I recently realized I was an alcoholic and it's ruining my life.
I used to be super Veeky Forums and happy, but then some shit happened and it got me into daily drinking of 9-12 beers while playing LoL, every single evening. I thought for so long it was perfectly fine because I have a decent job and drinking beers with video games was a perfectly normal way to relax after work.
Yet it's literally all I do... I slowly became an hermit and haven't had sex in a year

So today I'm going to bed sober. Tomorrow I'm going back to the gym, and then I'll track my progress with a picture and weight every 10 days

w-wish me luck bros...
PS: at 50 days I will reward myself with a fine whore

>I hurt myself today

Started at 250 and im now 175, i think im gonna make it bros

Please, I would like to know more.
What was your daily calorie goal?
Cardio, lifting, days of week?

go get it my bro

I kept my calorie goal at 1600-1700, logging in mfp helped alot.
At first i didnt do any cardio or lifting because i was more focused on sticking to the diet. After about two months i went down to 237, which was when i started doing cardio 3 times a week for 30 minutes just running on the treadmill. I started getting into martial arts too 3 times a week so i started losing a bit more. 2 months after that and i got down to 225.
After that idk what happened but i completely changed the way i did everything. I changed the way i ate. (Baked chicken with brocolli and sometimes Poke for lunch) and i started running every morning, working my way up to running 3 miles nonstop and i do martial arts and strength conditioning 4 times a week. I've been doing that for 6 months and i went from 225 to 175, with some muscle so i dont look like flabby. It's been a long journey, 10 months in total, started from august.

I'm eating an English muffin as part of breakfast and I need to cut carbs.

Got any good low carb breakfast ideas that aren't just eggs/omelets?

You can do it man, post here often so you can remind yourself

Thank you for your story. Certainly life style changes are important. 1600 to 1700 seems low for all that activity. I'm doing 1800 right now.

>ate 6 home-made donuts, 1 small vanilla ice cream cone, 4 knackwurst on buns and a single serving of chips
>blood sugar have dipped below 70 and climbed above 150
>probably still under my TDEE
This new medication is fucking awful.

How many calories would you guys say are in buffalo wings from the local pizza place? I usually get them dry and use Frank's Red Hot instead of their sauce. When I log into MFP, there are a ton of options ranging from like 50 calories each to 200 calories each.

Avocado on toast

Thanks for the response. I tried my hardest but I caved in because it was a special occasion. I'll do my best not to go over again (:

I can see finish line bois. Less than 10lbs left

Yeah, i changed it when i started doing more strenuous exercising, it became around 1900-2000 a day. You can do it man. Willpower is the most important thing to have

But... You know you aren't done, right? Don't stop just because you made your goal. You've got to remember the lessons you've learned.

If you get them dry and add the sauce, find the calories in the chicken dry and add the sauce.

>When I log into MFP, there are a ton of options ranging from like 50 calories each to 200 calories each.
You always pick the highest calorie one, so 150-200 each.

anyone here run......

learned so much about nutrition during the journey, senpai. with that said, I am pretty much confident I'll go back to my old flabby self

ill not go back*
god damn it

Same here.
Going to try 4/3 caffeine life

I eat lots of veg and cabbage
2 3 times a week I'll get a no wipe needed shit , feels good
look in to gettting your microbiome in better shape , eat probiotics

sup

WHY IS NOT EATING SO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD FUCK GOD DAMMIT I DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING IT HALF THE TIME I JUST GRAB SOMETHING WHATEVER AND EAT IT IT'S LIKE IT'S BECOME A SECOND NATURE TO JUST KEEP EATING

FUCK
DAMMIT
FUCK

No I like my knees

>don't eat much all day
>get to snack it up while i watch anime

best feeling desu

squeeze in some veggies for your weeb snacking! I enjoy nibbling on kimchi or dipping veggies in sweet chili sauce(this is probably weird, but you can do ranch or w/e)

Down to a 40 lbs loss. Feeling really happy! Finally maxed out a machine, so strength is still going up (yeah, >machine, i know) even at 1500 deficit.

Fug I don't know how people skip breakfast. I usually eat 900 calories before work and then skip lunch instead.

>All dat sodium

sounds like a good idea
a 300g bag of carrot sticks is cheap
add some dipping sauce and you can eat the entire bag if you want

>95g of protein

kimchi is a good idea. i have some kimchi mix from daiso but i've gotta get the vegetables and get around to making it

Ranch is too many calories.
Fat free italian dressing or balsamic vinaigrette are the only things you're allowed to dip veggies in.

It's a habit frankly. I skip breakfast, eat a shitload for lunch and generally a light snack for diner.
Then again I'm French so you do tend to have time to eat on the mandatory 2 hours lunch break.

>want to lose weight
>but can't exercise because of fragile bones
This is the worst. Is it really possible to lose weight just by being on a good diet?

how did you miss it?
it's at the top of the page with a running raptor right next to it

I implied I already started my diet.

Then decrease your caloric intake.

What do you consider exercise? can you walk? walking is actually very good exercise.