If Veeky Forums always says "people in the gym only care about themselves...

If Veeky Forums always says "people in the gym only care about themselves, they don't pay attention to you" too people self-conscious about going to the gym, why does Veeky Forums constantly have "that guy at the gym" threads where you all talk about the stupid people you notice at the gym

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/in1hwXytpfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because those people either break etiquette rules or go so far above and beyond the retardation of the typical gym-goer that it is memorable.

NEETs are not people.

because the thoughts you think in your head are not harmful unless the person you're thinking about is aware of them.

Have you not seen the "that guy at the gym" thread? They're all like "that guy who's squatting in the curl rack" or "that guy that deadlifts on the olympic platforms". You unnavoidably have to be some sort of idiot to not get the joke.

What the fuck is a job fair?

Bcause fit is insecure

I thought those threads were people describing themselves in the third-person??

like when I made fun of

>that guy who farts during squats but turns out it wasn't just a fart and shit started dripping down his leg

that was me obviously

Can't you deadlift literally anywhere else??
Why do you have to use up the only place where people can drop weights

a hot highschool gym with tables of useless pamphlets handed out by shitty companies that nobody wants to work for, scientology, and the military. hand them your resume and get a minimum wage job.

There's a clear difference between an average guy going to the gym to work out and some fucking retard doing something so incredibly stupid he garners everyone's attention.

youtu.be/in1hwXytpfM

>go to the gym
>work out
>someone makes a shit comment or something
>have pair of balls so I don't let it affect me
>go on about my workout

Because it's always funny to see people doing weird shit. If nothing else, I hope others see things like that so they know what NOT to do.

more like making fun of an anorexic at the grocery store

that arch is actually incredible even though its not legal

its not? is there a rule for ur butt to toutch the bench

Yes

I could never understand pic related. What is the reasoning here? What do you supposedly accomplish by arching your back like that?

I can't think of any advantage and there like a million risks and disadvantages

Veeky Forums is a board of hundreds of people.

Most are respectful and decent, but a few are total self-aggrandizing and immature shitheads. You remember the shitheads because the decent people aren't memorable.

Oh are we still talking about the election? In that sense Veeky Forums generally, and Veeky Forums specifically, really interests me: given the structural attention-getting advantages of the worst people on the board (/pol/-pushers, /r9k/-whiners, 'SS is a troll' trolls, etc), how best to push back?

A founding document helps - read the sticky, read the Constitution, etc. It's not perfect but a great start.

The fuck are you talking about?

>bbbut they're trying to fix the problem so you're not alowed to judge them

Of course I am. Just because they're in the gym doesn't mean they aren't still half assign it and stuffing their fat faces at home.

Besides, most homeless people at job fairs go to prove to the government that they're looking for work so they can get gibs

This video was too much

I wouldn't make fun of a fat person for actually being on a good program or working hard. What I actually see is fat people on the bikes, walking on treadmills, on the torso rotation machine, or being babied by a shitty personal trainer. If a fat person is ever actually in the free weights section they're doing curls or some other bullshit that won't really help them.

Shorter ROM easier to lift heavy weights breh

"that guy" refers to people doing stupid shit and bringing attention to themselves.
if people can smell your BO before they see you, people will talk about it.
if you're the shirtless douche doing muscle ups, people will notice.
if you're on a treadmill eating a burger and fries meal your husband brought in for you cuz you got hungry halfway through your "cardio", people will fucking notice.
the fat guy squatting gets nothing more than a "good for him"

Veeky Forums, like the rest of Veeky Forums, is incredibly insecure and needs to judge people to validate themselves. Most people aren't nearly as judgemental because they aren't as insecure.

Watch Rippetoe explain it.

The bench press movement has an automatic shoulder impingement. People arch their backs like this because it provides still provides a stable base to press against, shorter range of motion for competitive lifters, and eliminates that shoulder impingement.

Obviously not true if you're being a fucking spaz. Watch any video or webm posted here of someone doing retarded shit at the gym. Now describe to me what the normal people working out were doing or what they looked like. You probably can't. No one gives a shit about them, because they were normal.