I feel the sticky doesn't adequately cover how to get motivated to work out

I feel the sticky doesn't adequately cover how to get motivated to work out.

I've had gym memberships that have been wasted and loads of home equipment that I leave untouched for months on end because after a day working a job, 99% of times I find it fucking impossible to get motivated enough and have energy to start working out for the next hour.

Any suggestions guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R7E_4c_s9y8
youtu.be/fO3qibg_0K8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

maybe stop being a pussy

Alright mate cheers i'll delete this thread now

You don't "get it", do you?

I mean, you really just don't "get it".

You honestly think I'm "motivated" to lift? Fucking lol at you.

You go to work, think about why you work, now apply that to your body. You work so you can have a roof over your head, eat food, and increase your status, you don't want to be a NEET living off your mummy or welfare, right? You don't need motivation to not want to live in your parents basement, you just do it because it's what you should do. Now apply what you "should do" to the vessel that is your body, you don't want a poor soft faggot lanky/fat body, do you? you want the best for your body, right? That's basically it.

youtube.com/watch?v=R7E_4c_s9y8

make and track progress. If you can visibly see progress, whether on your body, or on a spreadsheet, you will want to continue.

Fair point

Thanks good idea. This is probably the key. I've always been bad at planning, tracking, setting objectives and I just tend to drift.

What's this video though? I'm not depressed as far as I know

Set a goal, i.e. cutting or bulking, goal weight, goal bf %

Never gonna make it. Find an activity you actually like, because pumping iron isn't it.

Motivation is a bum uncle that only visits in the holidays.
Deterrmination and Consistency, user.

there's no motivation. it's just a craving to meet the goals you set for yourself

Convince some friends to start working out with you on a regular schedule. Then exercise becomes a socially pressured activity you're obligated to show up to. Just make sure the group isn't too big, that can lead to people just showing up to hang out and talk.

I know fit hates Connor, but after losing my oneitis, these kinds of videos motivate me to smash those motherfucking weights everyday

youtu.be/fO3qibg_0K8

I've always considered myself pretty unmotivated, but I get to the gym every day. I actually look forward to it. I don't have any trick aside from mentally cementing gym time as a necessity. I have to go to the gym just as much as I have to go to work. When I really lose my motivation is when I'm there, lifting my heavy weights. And when that happens I think about how disappointed tomorrow me will be in current me if i cheat myself out of this workout.

It werks.

women, then realize 4 months in that you need to lift for yourself. everyone does it, get over it

What I did when I fist started lifting was listen to specific music that gives me an endorphin rush to get me to start then jack off immediately after so I started associating orgasm with lifting.

You think the other people in the gym—who also have jobs—aren't feeling worn out when they get there later in the day?

You just have to go do it, then when you do it enough it just becomes a habit and you keep doing it.

You could also wake up early and go before work.

Watch some Eric Thomas videos

Pre-workout gets me plenty motivated once it kicks in. I also tell myself that I have to go now that I drank some, it's bad to sit idle with that shit in your system.

Legit, stop being a bitch.

I work on call 24/7, two children another on the way and my wife. I also farm in the summer/ run a hobby farm year round. You just do it, how hard is it to push yourself for an hour or two couple times a week.

buy supplements, for example, last month i spent $400 on supplements and i didn't skipped one single workout after taking everything or roid your ass off, you don't want to waste your health for nothing

Id rather crack my fucking neck and curb stomp myself than go work-out before work.

This. It's like brushing my teeth, or cleaning the house. Sometimes I really don't want to fucking do it, but it's something that I do, because I'm a grown man who has to do things I don't enjoy sometimes.

That being said I kinda enjoy brushing my teeth, cleaning the house and working out.

>how to get motivated to work out

Sit still, watch television, get stoned, eat crap OR
eat right, sleep well, exercise

Which will give you the body you want when you WANT to do something... fuck, dance, just look good... your body is all you have in the end

unironically sips help me.

Im not sure if it's a placebo but I never used any PWO or any form of caffeine before and after working 10 hour night shifts for 4 years I lost most of my energy and it was hard to motivate myself so i've started sipping and I actually have the energy to lift and cook food as much as I need.

This. Commit to forming the habit and it will get a little easier each time until it's just something you do like getting up or going to work

>I enjoy cleaning the house
>I am a grown man

Its actually a lot more enjoyable than you think.

Because that's something you have to do for yourself.

No amount of someone else's effort will make you put in any effort.

No amount of available information will make you "motivated".

If you need external motivation, from a written sticky, you're not going to make it.