youtube.com/watch?v=RRn62qS4B8A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dSQQ_PPutss
youtu.be/pGaXXiRHxfw
youtube.com/watch?v=HYIB14cesJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtu.be/dSQQ_PPutss

Serious question.

Is blueshoes roiding now? Starting go look like something is up now.

He likely has started, and good on him honestly.

noob here. i'm stalling hard on bench, with my sticking point being when my elbows are just above my sternum.
my 5RM is 150lbs at 175lbs, lifting since mid february. i'm also cutting rn, so that might be part of it, but i'm still pretty fat and a novice so my first thought was that the problem lied in my training.

I was reading the pdf of Greyskull LP 2nd edition, and he says something I never heard before, about the Press™.

He says that after the first rep and getting the bar in the top poaition, that is the beginning in the second and later reps, not the bottom position.

So he says we should pause at the top, NEVER at the bottom.

I find that hard toix with using rippletits's cue of pushing the hips forward when beginning the movement.

I have a measly 45 kg 5 rep so I am just a n00b.

So is GLP right ?

Personally I find the bottom position very draining to maintain. I am yet to try GLP's method.

pausing at the bottom and getting the hip whip right takes more concentration, so I often take my pause at the top if I'm not sure. I feel kind of bad for disobeying Riprop, but a rep is a rep am I wrong

big cringe on this instafag.. only a narcissists would post this kinda crap.. he's not even good looking

how is he on roids?

Your technique is probably garbage.

what justification does he have for saying that the top position is the beginning of the rep? why would the negative not be part part of the first rep?

are we looking at the same picture? kid is fucking huge.

based on your sticking point, you need to work on your triceps. also as a novice, is undoubtedly right.

Yo guys what's your max curl?
Give me a good pl program for curling.

i don't think so. shoulders are packed tight, bar hits the same part of my chest during every rep, neither side of the bar is higher than the other, and i make sure to have a 1-2s pause on my chest. next time i lift i can record myself, but i'm not wobbly or lacking tightness from what i can tell. i make sure to pack my shoulders, get my arch, and get my feet planted appropriately for leg drahve.
thanks, and i'll pay more attention to my form to be sure.

I did not mean that is when the first rep begins.

I meant that this method of pressing is different the ripptoe's.

GLP says to bounce the bar immediately from the bottom position after lowering it, while I used to pause at the bottom like rip says to.

Pic related.

this guy is wrong. You don't bounce the bar off any "shelf" created by the "lats" (maybe he means delts?). You take advantage of a stretch reflex at the bottom.

I suspect pausing at the top helps me keep the bar path straight. I tend to push forward when I start from the bottom.

He is an expert though, maybe there is a video of him coaching with this method.

Yeah, it is commonly said that you should rest your triceps on your tight lats.

This is the situation. Rippetoe used to teach the press that way, pause at the top, breathe and bounce it back up.

Now he teaches pause at the bottom, and engage hips. So the engage hips cue is not meant for if you do it with the pause on top style.

So if I follow the old rip style, I inhale while lowering the weight ?

He also explicitly states that there's no eccentric motion in the new teaching method, as it's impossible to correctly engage the hips at the beginning while trying to take advantage fo the stretch. You reset at the bottom for every rep.

Day one of nuckols squat 1xweek intermediate

Hit 11 on the amap, Just did first set of 9. I think I might die on the next set, let alone manage all four

Update: survived set 2. Nuckols is evil.

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

>>WAWTT
Rest
>>WAWET
Beer
>>WAWLTT
The good, the bad, the ugly theme song
>>WAWFT
Chill

>>WAWTT
Did a seven mile run. Cardio is getting better everyday.
>>WAWET
Barbecued some chicken drumsticks
>>WAWLTT
Listening to some Jordan Peterson on podcast. If your room is dirty, then you're a piece of shit.
>>WAWFT
Who gives a shit

How long did that take you? Over 3 miles is hell

It took 56 minutes. Fairly hilly.

Cardio sucks but you get good at it super quick. It's like the opposite of making gains while bulking with lifting.

No breaks? You can seriously run for an hour?
Damn

That's my longest run of the week. I'm just adding 5 minutes to the Run each week until I get to an hour and a half

Two other days per week I do some shorter faster interval training

I've never done a marathon so I'm thinking about hopping in one. It's made cutting a lot easier to.

I've been running 3 days a week for about a month it's not like I just walked out the door

>WAWTT
Did a lightish day today. Did cable rows, dumbell flies, goblet deadlifts (for glutes/external rotation) barbell rows and chinups
>WAWET
Meal 1 carb shake and protein shake
Meal 2 oatz, whole wheat muffin, 3 eggs w/ spinach
Meal 3 225 g cottage cheese with 4 slices of deli turkey, 125 g applesauce, 1 protein blueberry muffin and a banana
Meal 4 210 g chicken breast (basil thyme and olive oil), 135 g sweet potato fries, 150 g Brüssel sprouts
Meal 5 (UNDECIDED, probs 150 g Steak w/ broccoli all in seasoning salt and Worcestershire sauce
Meal 6 250 mL almond milk, 1 skupe cookies and cream protein, 2 servings of halo top cookies and cream ice cream in a blender +32 grams of peanut butter if I have calories left (might have to cut the peanut butter out today)

>WAWLTT
Relistening to death magnetic, some childish Gambino and some dirty heads

>WAWFT
Feeling bretty gud. Being a lazy shit at work but don't really have any remorse about it, diet sleep and stress have been much more on track lately. Feeling anxious about my own philosophy on things lately, oddly enough. Whatever that even means.

Generally gud tho

I am bad at everything I do

Please tell me you're like 60kg

87 kilos

If you don't like that you're bad at something just keep doing it and try harder

You're full of shit. I want videos of your run immediately. I know you're full of shit with 100%/ certainty.

Provide google maps imaging of your run and distance as well as an unedited video of you running.

I will never provide any type of map anywhere near my home to this god-forsaken board

I've been running off and on for a while. My run was out in back with 155 feet of elevation gain before the turn around. I use GPS to measure the distance, but I already know the distance because I drive that route to work every day.

Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?

Because your mom had low standards

ALMOST LIKE YOUR LIFE

>all that cooking
weewwww, how do you even cope with that?

Elaborate on the philosophy, please? Or are you not yet ready for it?

>3 Days Grace in the background
Hits me right in the nostalgia

>>WAWTT
Nothing but I GET TO LIFT EITHER TOMORROW OR FRIDAY HELL YES
>>WAWET
REAL FOOD!
>>WAWLTT
Kendrick Lamar, Young Thug
>>WAWFT
Eager to start lifting again

Bruh the cooling and meal prep is actually enjoyable (I like being anal retentive about things like that). What sucks is losing all the time. I bet I average close to 2 full hours per day of prep. God the results are already paying off though. This is the first time I'm actually going HAM on RP, literally counting each fucking macro to +/- 3 or 4 grams for EACH meal.... but I haven't felt this good on a cut ever before. I've been able to front squat 4 plates belt less paused twice during this already. Normally I start crashing within 2 or 3 days (sometimes faster) on cuts at 500. I'm cutting 1000 and I feel better and stronger than I have for like an entire year.

>philosophy
Not for sure. I'm exploring lots of different things trying to give my political and life ideologies the best breadth of experience, but everything I learn just makes all of life a bit more... muddled. Hard to explain what I'm feeling about It. It's almost like, I'm realizing I'm never going to come a final conclusion about how I feel about things, and there might be genuinely not be a right answer. This bothers me greatly, and really seems like a fundamental problem or a sign that I'm not doing something right. I dunno. Shit fucked.

how can any self respecting white man listen to nigger music

>when the normies in the gym start asking you for advice
Feels good, I'm not even strong

>Kendrick Lamar

Two hours every day is a lot, but if it makes the other 22 hours better...

I think that's just how it feels to be in the exploration process, and that some of all that will take hold in time.

His new album has a couple good songs on it senpai

I see no reason one can't

Yeah. It's hard to validate all the time, but thus far it's been pretty damn gud.

Maybe. Who knows. I'm concerned I'm going to be searching for something concrete and then end up latching onto an idea because I'm sick of no having a fundamental foundation, and that the idea I latch onto will be bad or incorrect.

Meh

BITCH SIT DOWN

BE HUMBLE

Roll

Roll

>Kendrick Lamar, Young Thug
>fat jew
Makes sense

I don't know exactly what I've heard from him, but if he actually has something good, he has to be one of the uh, artists.. with the widest range of quality ever.
Well I'll be waiting for that time to come around.

fuark my right arm looks like it could be a natty "bodybuilder"'s and my left looks shit

do you pull mixed grip

Some good songs from his most recent album are Humble, DNA, Loyalty, Yah. The rest of them are so-so imo. Wasn't a big fan of anything from To Pimp A Butterfly. Also only liked maybe 4-5 songs from good kid m.a.a.d. city.

Jerk of lefty

my bad arm is the one that i underhand. and the biceps look the same in double biceps pose but if you were to look at it from the back/outside of the bicep the left is noticeably worse.

Actually, disregard loyalty, wasn't that great.

can anyone recommend some entry level knee wraps? I want to try them out but I dont want to buy an expensive pair and find out I dont like them

Which one's better for intermediate? Ramping sets or sets across?

Been powerlifting for a year and throughout i did SL/greyskull.

I wanna move on to intermediate program yet im confused. TM uses sets across, madcow uses ramping sets while programs like c6W uses mix between ramping and sets across.

Which one is better?

>SL/greyskull
>powerlifting

'no'

anyway. just pic a program and stick to it

TM also can use ramping sets. It really depends on preference for how you get your volume in.

>Powerlifting
SL/greyskull
Mfw

>and the biceps look the same in double biceps pose but if you were to look at it from the back/outside of the bicep the left is noticeably worse.
that means that one lattisimus muscle is bigger than the other

a big lat muscle presses into your arms making it look bigger

Consistent programming

Whats wrong with greyskull?

nothing. but you cant really say youre a powerlifter. just a novice who likes to train for strength

Doing novice programming isn't powerlifting, it's strength training

Listened to Humble now. His music really is not for me.
I don't even know why I really like this one: youtu.be/pGaXXiRHxfw

Can someone explain to me this one faggot's butthurt over layback in an OHP, when he's totes A-Okay with turbo manlets taking a max width grip, considering their inner-thigh on the bench to be legal arch, and then doing a 2 inch bench press?

Nothing is wrong with it. It will make you stronger but most importantly able to help you build muscle.

Don't listen to 99 percent of the faggots around here who run Russian programming when they don't actually need the high specificity and volume

I said powerlifting for a year, but total time i've been lifting are over 3 years.

I took my squat from lolmao 2 pl8 to almost 4 pl8 at 190 lbs in 9 months with greyskull

This is a powerlifting thread.

thats good lad but being a squat chad doesnt make you a powerlifter. competing does

Fuck i hate summer

That's pretty good desu

Probably that excessive lean back basically makes it more like an incline bench than an ohp.

See

Fuck meant

See I don't think it's a summer thing, plenty of people say they do powerlifting despite never competing and just doing novice strength programs regardless of season.

pretty sure I have worms lads
should I just take a bag of my shit to the doctors to have it checked?

Day dreamt this fantasy with some random girl I saw about 2 weeks ago and now I'm really sad it didn't tray happen

Sorry to hear that Dino

Nice projection Dino

I was daydreaming about a girl once, then I went to get a glass of soda and I poured 2 glassed before I realized
>oh right, she isn't actually here

Sorry to hear that Dino

Frig off, S*an

Bugger off shawn

I can't keep my back from roundingb while dl. I've tried all the cues but can't seem to make it not round. I hate myself

I can't prevent my back from rounding either. Also I deadlift small weights. I hate myself more.

We can feel together, my back rounds at 2pl8 :(

get stronger

Sorry to hear that Dino

Mine rounds at heavier weights but ummm I suck at bench too so yeah we can be losers together.

How did lifting or cardio go today?

May I be so bold as to applaud you, say "keys", then applaud you once more?

youtube.com/watch?v=HYIB14cesJ4

for anyone interested, cousin at it again

Going to ruin that spine as well the bar with those "rack pulls".

>OHP, Front Squats, Weighted pullups, paused diddles
>fried pork, pasta, chocolate milk
>journey, only somewhat ironically
>good

told him he should at least do it on "blocks" dont have blocks but can use plates as blocks, those things will probably bend the bar

>cardio

holy fuck dino you really are a novice KEK

>ruining power bars

he/they dont want to use the weightlifting bar (no one practices weightlifting in our gym) cause it swings too much so they would much rather destroy the powerlifting bars so they can "rack pull"

And you are sure that's dino how?

WTF are you doing with your upper back on the second exercise, are you fucking insane?

I ran a solid 7 miles today.

I don't mind that it brings my total down a bit. Keeps me healthy and happy.

How is PH3?

Have you tried the air restriction training? Use the tourniwuete on your neck, pro tip.

You LIAR

that aint me, it's my cousin, im just filming and posting it for him

Why would I lie? 7 miles isn't special, unless you're lazy