Local skeleton picks things up and puts them down

Skeleton here
Started lifting a couple weeks ago, getting serious this week

I'm 5'11'', 130lbs, and lactose intolerant, AMA

Also critique my deadlift form:

youtube.com/watch?v=t1hqrfVTMv8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ypGZ-mhx7sM
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just eat high fat, high sugar meals quickly OP

you will be fat as fatass in no time

Your deadlift is fine, dont let ur ass shoot up as much(this is sometimes unavoidable and not a super big deal) and stop looking at the ground

I need to avoid sugar and other high GI foods like most carbs for my skin (acne). But I do have a decent meal plan with a few good foods that I can eat

thanks bro

Eat peanuts.

Focus on dragging the bar up your shins, almost like pulling pants up. The bar should not be drifting that far from your legs on the way up or down.

Spooky Spooky. Go eat something right now.

Are you eating a caloric surplus of 500 and getting 130g of protein a day?

way ahead of you

You're pulling too much with your lower back and not enough with your hams and glutes.

Also I started out in the same boat. Same stats and all. It's basic-ass advice but eat a fuck ton of food. Figure out a high calorie blended drink to make and sip on some of that shit. After 7 months I'm up to ~170lbs 6ft (yes, all the food I was eating gave me an extra inch) at a slightly higher body fat. Lifts went up a ton. We're all gonna make it brah

Each of those was bad. You need to brace your core before the lift. You do so by pressing downwards with your abdomen, as if doing a reverse Kegel. You're also pushing off with your toes when you should be pushing with the mid-foot close to your heels; your arms should act as a lever as your feet push you backwards. You should be able to deadlift with your toes pointed upwards and off the ground. The deadlift is not a pull, it's a push. If you're pulling, you're going to round the shit out of your back similar to what you're doing here - the second you increase the weight, everything done wrong in those reps will amplify, and you're currently doing the beginning of a cat-back. You push the weight off of the ground with your legs, your hips straightening and pushing forward as your heels act as a lever for the weight. Your arms simply exist to hold the weight as your back transfers it to your legs.

1) Brace properly before the lift
2) Lift with your mid foot/heel and not your toes
3) Press your legs against the ground as you push your hips forward, don't lift with your arms.

Work on your starting position; bend down the least amount possible whilst grabbing the bar as it'll keep you from lifting with your arms while bettering your hip position to take over the bottom of the lift and carry you through the rest. Also, eat peanut butter. Shit's fantastic.

The bar is about an inch from my shins at the start, so I can't really tell what you mean. Do you mean how I pull my shins away from the bar? Am I straightening my knees to soon or something?

>caloric surplus of 500
yes
>130g of protein a day
no because I read that was a meme and you really only need around 0.75 grams per pound of bodyweight

It's a meme if you want strength, not mass.

Congrats user im in the same boat, im 175cm 55kg just started a week ago,

Like 2 years ago i did sl and went from 53 to 65kg but i had to quit

Thanks for the advice. I did actually feel like I was leaning too far forward sometimes, but I was scared to move my center of gravity back because I didn't wanna fall on my ass and break my legs
>also eat peanut butter
way ahead of you

skeletons unite
youtube.com/watch?v=ypGZ-mhx7sM

You're an idiot

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

0.64 - 0.82; if your protein sources are shitty and incomplete, 0.82. If each gram is a complete amino acid, 0.64. I'd aim for 0.82 considering you're trying to grow and will quickly gain weight and thus need higher protein amounts. Also, you're currently fairly underweight. The average person could gain 3 lbs of muscle in the first month of lifting, but considering your weight, you should be able to gain 3 lbs of lean muscle. It wouldn't be a bad idea to aim for 600 then recalculate your calories after 3 months and aim for 300. Keep in mind that your weight will increase thus your BMR and energy spent on activities will raise, hence 600 - it'll naturally lower itself whilst allowing you 3 months to catch onto calculating calories properly. Your increase of weight 3 months in whilst keeping the same calories will likely result in that 600 surplus only being 250 at the end of month 3 which should be ample time to learn how to lean bulk and wrap your head around nutrition.

*The average person can gain 2, you should be able to gain 3 due to being underweight

Ok I'll shoot for 0.82 and 600. Right now I'm pretty much only eating oatmeal, rice, peanuts, peanut butter, fruit, chicken, eggs, milk, instant breakfast mix, and whey powder (plus fast food once every week or two)

>windows 10
Never gonna make it.

>way ahead of every user on every occasion
This nigger is living in 2027 y'all better fucking catch up

Skelly here, started lifting the last week of april. Just weighed in at 152lbs up from 142 6ft. Stay serious OP, you can make it. I have crumbs on my keyboard, I'm always eating.

lamo