Be honest, how long did it take you to reach 1/2/3/4?

1/2/3/4 translates to 1 plate OHP, 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, 4 plate deadlift.

A plate is 20kg/45lb.
When someone says they can bench "one plate"
that means one 20kg plate per side, plus the weight
of the bar (which is also usually 20kg).

>how long have you been lifting?
>have you hit 1/2/3/4 yet?
>if yes, how long did it take you?
>if no, where are you now?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/fit/thread/38158974/#38160100
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't actually remember the exact times for each as I've been lifting for 5 years now.

But I got 1/2/3/4 in this order, deadlift, squat ohp, bench.

Probably in all about 2 years to get there, but a lot of the first year was cutting. So its certainly doable more quickly.

Currently at 1.75/2.5/4/5 all for 5 reps, at 86kg bw.

2 months lifting
0.55/1/1/2

i can see reaching it in another 10-12 months

For the first 3, about 8 months. Took me another couple months for 4pl8. Less than a year though.

45 kg / 65 kg / 122.5 kg / 135 kg

26 months lifting

Been going to the gym for almost 2 years and I'm only close to hitting /1/ and /2/ and maybe /4/. I took multiple breaks that fucked my progress. For example I took a 2 month break that brought my bench from 75kg down to 50kg. Took me almost 3 months to work back up. That's five months wasted. Also a lot of fucking around in no-routine-limbo. I'm on a proper program now though and plan on hitting 1/2/4/ in the next few months. I'll never get a 3pl8 squat because my hips and knees are fucked.

1/2/3/4 is definitely possible in a year or less if you're dedicated and don't have shit genetics like me.

2 months
no
0.2/0.6/0.7/1.5

Almost there, r-right?

lmao kys

0.75/1.65/2.5/3

"no". I'm only physically weak, not mentally.

friendly reminder that 1/2/3/4 is a bullshit metric.

4 months
0.5/1/1.5/1.5
In 8-12 months maybe

wtf lol
I've been lifting for 2 months and I'm still and i hit 1/2/2/3

We're all gonna make it

post videos of your form

>I bench 2pl8s and deadlift 3pl8s after 2 months
sure you do, I'd love to see a vid of your lifts

2 months
0.5/1/1.5/2
I'm so fucking weak but I'm mostly focused on losing weight anyway so I mostly just try to get the form right.

I really dislike squatting, maybe it's because I'm tall (1.96) but I just can't do more than 4 good reps.

Where the fuck are you guys getting 20kg bars from? There's no way my bar or the ones at the gym I used to go to were 20kg.

Most bars are, are your heavier?

that's because you go to a shitty gym probably.

About 3 months lifting
no
1/1.5/2/2

I don't think my squat will ever get there

>only 1.5pl8 bench
push press confirmed

no worries, 95% of the guys at my gym that say they press X lbs are doing an unconscious leg drive motion, it's fun to watch

Unless my entire perception of weight is wrong, they're definitely lighter.

I pretty sure you couldn't even safely rack 20kg plates on a bar that weighs less than 20kg.

>tfw OHP 1plate for 12 but can't bench 2 plate for 5.

My chest is fucking pathetic.

lmao, u mad?

I'll film myself at the gym in a few hours.
mark my words.

what's your 1rm press?

pls don't tease us any more, I'm looking forward for your awesome vid you'll totally post in a few hours!

7 months inconsistently with like a two month break in Jan/Feb.

at about 1/1.5/2.5/3

Bench is dogshit so I'm starting 2:1 bench to OHP ratio. 2pl8 feels so far away. Squats have been going up a lot and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to hit 3 next month sometime. Dead's I've been struggling with so may take a while longer. Hopefully I'll be repping out everything by the end of the year, after which I can focus on endurance/ cardio/ conditioning etc

This.
Man, how the fuck one does get good, or at least minimum confortable doing squats when you are a lanklet.

Jesus christ. I'm 1.95 and it's fucking hell

90kg is the highest I've managed. I probably could do more now though, I haven't tried a 1rm in months.

4 months
Yes
4 months
1/2/3/4

you're actually wrong, you're not required to use an olympic barbell to use 20 kg pl8s. There are 16 kg and and even lighter barbell where you can stuff various pl8s, I see them sometimes used [by females and] for OHP and pendlay row since these barbells allegedly allow for a better grip (their diameter is minor)
It seems to me that isn't actually using a 20 kg barbell for example (but obviously it's difficult to judge from such a grainy vid)

that's really good considering that you look kinda small in the vid - ht/wt?

also you really need to fix your benching m8, 90 kg press is on the level of a 3+ plate bench considering tri strength alone

Post body

wonderful, an intermediate strength athlete who got there in 4 months where talented individuals require years! Teach us your secrets, mind posting a vid of yourself deadlifting 4 pl8s and squatting 3 pl8s btw? Or their equivalent in the 5RM range if you prefer (154 kg and 120 kg)

me too

it's full of little Arnolds out there but no one will ever post anything, they won't reveal us their secret formula

Pussy

To be honest I can probably bench more, my latest working set was 1.5pl8, and I didn't want to inflate my stats on the internet.

But I also probably use a little leg drive.

I know brah. I have tried a lot of different methods for bringing my bench up, and it always only climbs if I start getting too fat for my liking.
I have pretty long arms, and I think this hinders bench in two ways, longer ROM obviously, and also the strain on my shoulders is larger. Might explain why it doesn't impact OHP as much as I have a narrower grip.
I'm 5'10 85kg.

>tfw can't deadlift
>tfw can't sumo deadlift
>tfw can ohp lol1plaet
>tfw lol1plaet deadlift hurts

I fucking hate deadlifts because I want to do them and no matter what I do it doesn't feel comfortable

What about them feels uncomfortable?

You probably have shit mobility and flexibility. Deadlifting is one of the most natural movements.

SORT YOUR BODY OUT

Because of my proportions OHP->Diddly->Bench->Squat

I can OHP 65, diddly 180, bench 90 and squat 110 (kg)

the 1 plate OHP is by far the easiest of the 4 for most people, no need to worry

It definitely is a 20kg barbell. My gym doesn't have any others.

OHP:57,5kg 3x5
Bench: 95,0kg 3x5
Squat: 115,0kg 3x5
Deadlift: 145,0kg 1x5

Hate squats. Worst lift IMO

1plate OHP for 12 reps is a lot more advanced than 2/3/4 for 5 reps. Or at least it should be.. I dunno how he can't bench 2plate for 5 if he can do that.

3 months for reps, but I work hard labor and weigh 240.

Fat privilege.

how many reps bro? My proportions are exactly like yours but i hit like 5 kg less on squat

3 and a half months lifting and I'm at 145 ohp/205 bench/270 squat/400 dead lift at 6"2 170lbs

1 rep max for ohp and diddly, 3~ for squat and bench

mirin

after a year of working, I'm at 1,5/2,5/4/4,75 1RM

Squat is by far the easiest to achieve first. For me, it's bench where I struggle a lot

did it a while ago in this order:

1. OHP
2. bench
3. squat
4. deadlift

oddly enough, i'm 6'5 and have a nearly 7'0 wingspan, so you'd think it would happen in the opposite order.

is this you? desuarchive.org/fit/thread/38158974/#38160100
congratz, your chest doesn't look "fucking pathetic" if it's you
in all honesty, your chest seems better than your legs

waaaait what?
I though 1pl8 = 60
So like 60kg OHP
120kg benchpress
180kg squat
240kg Diddy

am I wrong?

It is me.
My chest is underdeveloped compared to everything else and won't really grow stronger like the rest of my body.

And yeah my legs look fucking shit because 1. I have a really high vastus lateralis so it looks non existant unless I'm wearing short shorts, and 2 because I walk 10+ miles a day in my job which makes maintaining leg mass really damn hard.

As for order, it went dl then squat than OHP then bench.

I'll post a body pic later if anyone cares, but it's prole-disgusting

No, that's pretty close.
Burger equivalents would be 135/225/315/405

>My chest is underdeveloped
no, it's not, you have some dysmorphia. You look awesome.

yes youre wrong

I have long limbs and a babies torso (avgs out to 6'1)
>Lifting years
>hit 1pl8 ohp a few months into lifting, hit 4pl8 deadlift after 1.5 years, 2pl8 pench a few months ago.
>struggle squatting 3 reps at 185lbs
>kill me now

jesus christ.
1 pl8 = 60, correct. 20(bar)+20(plate)*2
2 pl8s = +20(plate)*2 = +40 kg = 100 kg, not 120.
3 pl8s = +40 kg = 140 kg
4 pl8s= +40 kg = 180 kg

Anyway, if you look at the real intermediate goal (for a 80 kg male according to stats gathered from weightlifters in that weight range) are
60/90/120/140
rather than 60/100/140/180
and that's a LOT of difference

>lifting 2.5 years*

>9 months in just hit 1 pl8 ohp for 1 rep
Nothing else is even remotely close

you can, 10-12kg bars can handle about 80kg added without bending like crazy.

same OHP and 2.5 pl8 bench, step it up

Wait wtf, is 1pl8 ohp your 1rm or for reps?

such strong estats

5 months
ohp 125
bench 170
skwaat 250
diddly 335

should hit it by the end of the year

too big

both 1rm, ohp is clean form though. Gymlads have similar ratios too, I have a feeling most of Veeky Forums just push presses instead of keeping it strict, hence the high ohp/bench ratios

I don't ohp. I do weighted dips instead.

Your bench is fucking terrible. Idiot

>120 kg 5RM = 140 kg 1RM = 3pl8s
>terrible
>for bench
shut the fuck up.

it's good, but quite terrible in comparison to his other lifts - if he can press 90 for 5 he should be able to hit close to 100, which is proportional to a ~160 (3.5pl8) bench atleast

6 years lifting.
The longest one was 2 plate bench, took me about 14 months. Hit 3 plate squat and 4 plate deadlift after 10 months and 1 plate OHP after 7.
Now I bench 3, squat 4, DL 5 and I don't do standing barbell OHP but I do seated DB shoulder press with 95s.

"Should be able to" doesn't count for shit, everyone is different especially once you're moving beyond beginner weight and strengths/weaknesses/injuries come into play.

sure, but we're talking about a model athlete that is as proportional as it gets on all 4 lifts

Close to 1 and 2 I might hit in 2 months or less. 3 and 4 no where close I struggle with the form so badly

>1/4, 1/2, 1,5, 2
>1 yr lifting
>sleeping 3hrs max a night because of sleep insomnia
fuck my shit up fäm
telling myself to see a doctor for a few years now

>10-12kg bars can handle 80kg

u wot, i have somewhere a 8kg bar that can take 125 (written, so probably around 150 without it breaking or some shit)

Mirin lats

I got 1pl8 ohp for 5 after just 10 months, currently after 1 year and 2pl8 bench for a double reps, 3pl8 squat for a single and I still cant deadlift 4pl8.

5'9 manlet 170lbs probably 18% bf.

I also couldn't work out due to injury for almost 2 months shortly after getting the ohp for 5 reps. Don't egolift, kids. I didn't listen and learned the hard way.

>2 Weeks lifting
>55Kg OHP standing, 65Kg sitting (exmil so OHP is my jam).
>85Kg Bench press.
>120Kg Squat.
>150Kg Deadlift mix grip.

First started lifting at 17, 29 now, still haven't made it.

Haven't really been trying though, mostly tried to stay lean for climbing and then was into boxing for awhile and cycling too.

1/2/3/4 at 5'10 145lbs would have been cool though. At 165 I can OHP 165, haven't flat benched in years, haven't back squated in years, I can dead 340 for 5 easy and don't really push it due to injuries so I suppose I could do 4 if I wanted.

>then was into boxing for awhile
I want to start boxing soon and thats why i started lifting. Is strenght training for box bad? I know its mostly about technique and cardio but i am pretty sure you can up your KO power with some weightraining

lol. no

6'2
Lifting seriously for 5 months
Currently at
145 ohp
235 bench
245 squat
315 dead

Legs are lacking due to extremely tight hips. I pulled my hip flexors about 2 months in and stalled.

I mean it can help, but it's obviously less important than practicing technique and conditioning.

Obviously you're not training MMA three times a week and doing a 4 day split and doing cardio, while working full time without a huge commitment and risk of overtraining.

>Started out being able to do a 1pl8 OHP
>I never benched early on. When I tried after about a year of various exercise, (might have benched twice in that year) I was able to get 245.
>Got 305 on the squat at about 8 months, but had to stop before I could try 315 because of time constraints. Tried 335 about a year later, got it. Pic related
>I’m still not there on the deadlift. My form is so bad that I’ve never tried more than 365 lb.

Never followed a program. Just worked out with my coworkers at lunch, which sometimes involved barbells.

>model athlete
>on Veeky Forums

I can sit on the weight bench and do OHP with two 75 lbs dumbells. Would I likely be able to do the 1 plate with barbell OHP or is the technique quite a bit harder? 135 doesn't seem that heavy.

I've been lifting for about 7 months now

at .5 / 1 /1.5 / 1.75

squat and dl is for 3 reps and the ohp and bench is 5 so I need to do those again to see where I'm at with 3 reps

we're all gonna make it

couldn't really figure out best way for all of them so I'll just make them pounds to be less confusing

95 / 135 / 185 / 205

what kind of job do you have?
doin 1pl8 ohp first time is impressive

Engineering. I just have naturally good shoulders.
To be completely fair, I didn’t come in and find out my PR’s on my first day.
I just recall the first time I tried to get a max OHP it was 135 or over, and a 195 for a push press (using knees to help) I never had to work up to it.
Thanks for the compliment though.

Still nothing compared to this guy who can do
12 reps of 1pl8. I can do maybe 8 in a set on a good day.

did you ever consider becoming a sperm donor?