Scoliosis

Is there any waqy to fix an scoliosis. The doctor keeps telling me I'm fucked and I should drop the martial arts and go swiming.
Can I do something?

>pls, unqualified teenagers of Veeky Forums, tell me my doctor is wrong

I've heard pullups help. Along with yoga and good stretching.

DO NOT GET A SPINAL FUSION. My gf got that and she has been in chronic acute pain for 13 years she says.

They are wrong often, more that you could think.
Example, tehy tell you to swim, you should avoid that exercise, but they keep with the "go swim" meme

You can't do much without arms or legs ya fucking nugget

You can't fix scoliosis.

yo can do excercises to lessen the negative effects though

lift weights, strengthen back, back muscles move your spine back to normal, profit????

Why is it? there's something I can't understand.
>user, you can't move your column, you can't fix scoliosis.
>Stop doing X or your scoliosis will get worse.
how is that I can't bend it to fix it but I can fuck it up even more?

I wish it was this easy

Because scoliosis is a symptom of an issue you cannot fix. I got scoliosis too, and it is caused by one of my legs being a tad shorter than the other, leading to a imbalanced hip and scoliosis.

Depending how severe it is, it may impact your lifting. Having a strong back musculature is essential for not having any problems I found.

I really do not see how martial arts are problematic. What martial arts are you doing? When I was diagnosed my doc told me to stop lifting completely, not do any physical work regarding jobs etc. I can deadlift just fine now and I work construction so he was blatantly wrong.

Scoliosis is often the product of puberty. Uneven development of your back muscles can pull the spine out of alignment. It's common in males.

You can't fix it, but you can live with it. Have lower lumbar scoliosis and I lift and do yoga. I have no pain and I'm decently flexible. I just have slightly crooked hips and an uneven lower back.

Muay thai.
They exagerate a lot in my opinion. sure you have to care your back more than a person without that issue, but if you don't have a hunch I don't see why you couldn't lift, work or whatever.
I can't lift now, I have a lot of stress y my upper back and stretching is not helping with contractures.

Mine was like at 33° but with regular weightlifting and good posture I've reduced it to a 30° curvature. Nothing you can really do to fix it other than surgery.

I got diagnosed with it when I was about 16. If I remember correctly 37° upper and 19° lower curvature. Then they gave me a set of exercises I've been doing ever since, I'm 23 now. Basically I no longer have a lower curvature and I think the upper one is neglectable (doc never measured it but I really can't feel it anymore). So yeah, if you do the exercises daily (1-1,5 hrs) for years it will get fixed. But you can't get it perfect though, ever. Also you have a chance of fixing it as long as your body is growing (about until 23-24 years old). After that it's cemented. I really would advise you to get busy with the exercises if you don't want it to get worse, swimming is supposed to be even better. If you are young like I was you can turn it around still. It's basically a set of weightless exercises that target the back muscles, which when they get stronger are supposed to hold the spine in place. You can fix it, but you have to put in a lot of sweat. Hope this helps, cheers

Also you will have to wear an orthosis for a lot of time

30yo digits guy. I'm fucked.

because swimming is probably the single greatest form of exercise
>works all muscles
>cardio
>is in no way strenuous to your skeleton, muscles or joints
I still prefer lifting over swimming and obviously you won't get swole from it, but there's no denying that swimming is the most optimal physical activity

>"go swim" meme
>implying swimming isn't the single greatest full body exercise
>implying swimming isn't fantastic for your joints and ligaments
>implying reducing the pressure on your spine in no way helps a spinal issue
>implying just because a doctor said it it's a meme
>implying you're going to make it past 30
Dude I hope you fuck your back up horribly, I hardly ever wish bad upon people but you're fucking trash. Have fun with your super cool martial arts you martial autist.

I got it in my upper back, throws my ribs out of alignment and occasionally I have issues with my sternum because of that, but my back is actually just fine.

Doctors generalize, and don't have enough time to actually find out what's best for you. Doctors are great but you also have to be an advoyfor your own health.

Swimin is a great exercise itself, but it is a bad advice for people with back problems.
most of people do not swim properly, and they stress out their neck and their back a lot. this is not an issue for most of people because they only swim for fun, in summer, for short periods of time.
but it is a problem if you start doing it on a daily basis and your technique is not good enough.

>Swimin is a great exercise itself, but it is a bad advice for people with back problems.

who the fuck told you this?

the one possible exercise that takes almost all weight off your back is somehow bad for your back?

cuz, you can't just make up shit and state it as fact here, some of us have bachelors degrees in biomechanics and shit like that.

Well, I have a hammer...
Can fix it up in 10 secs buddy.

Yeah, I'm also batman.
Sure, on water you "lose weight" and also you have less impact on articulations. But we are not talking about bieng static on water, you have to move.
movement comes from your muscles. and then see again

Everything you said is wrong. Even statistically speaking you fucked up.

t. Anatomy major

Amazing, all the Veeky ForumsPhDs seem to be in this thread today.
>Everything you said is wrong
Not an argument unless you explain why.
>Even statistically speaking
How is this possible? Wich statistics are you referring?
you have been at college right "t.Anatomy major". do you remember [citation needed] ?

There are champion powerlifters with skoliosis

Having a stronger core/back will help. I have it, and one of my lats was bigger than the other because my body was trying to compensate for the curve. The muscles that over compensate for your spine curve get bigger than the ones that don't. With some of my muscles always working overtime it was no wonder I found it hard to keep weight on. My body was using up any extra energy just to function normally.

I feel better now that I lift, I have more energy. I still have to eat all day, but that's not a big deal.