Protein

What happens to the excess protein you intake during the day if you don't burn it off?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You piss it out

Converted as extra body fat, or used as energy if you're below your daily caloric intake

>Converted as body fat

Almost impossible. The human body has no direct pathway to convert amino acids to lipids. So you'd need to present circumstances where the body converts aminos to say glucose, and then fat. This would only happen with an extremely high protein, low carb, low fat diet.

If the body doesn't have a need to put aminos through gluconeogenesis, and has reached its protein synthesis threshold, it'll just burn those aminos directly. Then, any carbs or fat that put you over your daily calorie limit would be stored. You'll also rarely just straight up piss protein out, as this would be a big marker in renal failure.

I'm on a high carbs, high protein and low fat diet and eating at a caloric balance to maintenance, so what does that mean?

It means you gonna get diabetes.

How if my sugar intake is lower than it's supposed to be?
Not all carbs are filled with sugar newbie.

Are you dumb? Sugar isn't the only thing that will cause diabetes
>b-but muh complex carbs
Fat is the only macro that can mediate an insulin spike after heavy carb ingestion so the fact that you're on a low fat diet isn't good

Also I'm not the guy you responded to, just so you know

It turns to shit, like everything else in life.

>Almost impossible

Blend 10 scoops of iso whey with water and consume it every day before going to bed (on top of your daily diet) and let's see what happens with those "all protein" extra 1000 kcal

Now that's just idiotic...

Why is it idiotic?
Obviously 1000kcal of whey is just a random number, but if someone was to really do that, he would get FAT

Well, obviously since proteins have calories...

I can never reach my desired protein levels with my cut. Should I drink a scoop of protein with water at each meal (B/L/D) and after workout? 130 cal per scoop 24 g protein. Consuming 1600-1800 cals

It is converted to fat. All excess unused calories are converted to fat by your body.

That's why people that eat too much get fat.

>This would only happen with an extremely high protein, low carb, low fat diet.

This literally isnt common for a normie but for an athlete, DEFINITELY not uncommon!

retard detected

So your entire argument just collapsed m8

Gonna use your thread for a simple question... which macro should I cut down on the most? Some sources say fat, others say carbs. I'm watching both closely and since I'm on a diet I rarely have fat in my foods but carbs are there in small numbers and add up. 5 9 and 200 lbs if that matters.

Also, do you guys count calories as a whole or by each macro?

How did it collapse?
I said i was on a maintenance caloric diet...

Usually counting kcal and making sure to get enough protein WHILE eating NORMAL food, is enough.

Are you cutting, what are your goals? Protein on a cut should be around 2g per 1kg of body weight, fat aroun 0.8-1 g per kg. Rest kcal should come from carbs.

My goal is about 160 with good muscle and strength. My current diet consists of mostly yogurt, bananas, apples, whole eggs, rice, grain bars and cereal. It's only been about a week so far and I can see my belly fat seems "tighter" and less tubby looking. Also, lots of water. I read the sticky and now take omega 3 and vit D. I have counted macros these last few days and I'm always under my deficit limit for fat and carbs, but I know I definitely don't get enough protein. I just got some powder for supplement but I'm positive my diet doesn't have enough of it. I'm also a tad worried that if I consume 200g of protein daily, my workout is insufficient and I just gain fat in the end.

My workout is 5x5 three times a week weights, doing compound exercises. I do cardio 2 days a week and rest 2. Always drink protein after workouts. My lift numbers are still pathetic desu but I'm adding weight as I go.

Any tips or pointers you may have for me?

>not taking 10 scoops of whey
never gonna make it

Bump for answers ;.;

Speaking of protein, anyone care to recommend a failsafe brand for whey protein shakes?

Myprotein
High ratings from labdoor and it's always on sale

ON Gold Standard. Vanilla Creme.

Replace grain bars with chicken and there u go

>almost impossible
>unless you do what Veeky Forums does

If you are currently losing weight and eating at a calorie deficit, your gains arent going to improve much until you hit your weight goal and start eating more. Keeping doing what your're doing to maintain, but accept that you wont bulk much until your cut is done.

>Almost impossible. The human body has no direct pathway to convert amino acids to lipids.

While not the most energetically efficient pathway, the body does have a way to turn aminoacids into fat. After they are turned into acetyl-coa it can be used in fatty acid synthesis.

That's why protein itself has calories, but much less than, say, sugar, because it takes more steps to turn it into actual energy we can use.

>Why is it idiotic?
I'd like to avoid intentionally exploding my kidneys for the time being.

>bought a new protein shake, 1kg tub
>it smells and tastes awful

So the idea is to lose weight by eating at deficit then build muscle by eating a shitload?

That's it? Lol

^

>The human body has no direct pathway to convert amino acids to lipids.
>>>/Lehninger/

>body fat
what is amino acids?

its actually converted into Chitin

then when you need it again it is used

Can confirm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning

You are a fucking idiot, read about rabbit starvation. If your caloric need is 2400 you can still die of starvation on a 2600 kcal protein only diet. Glucogenesis from aminoacids is the most inefficient process in the body.

carbs raise your blood sugar no matter what, unless they're fiber

t. type 1 beetus user

>Nitrogen is the big meme of proteins
>Body takes as much as it will use
>Excretes the rest out
>The nitrogenless molecules get turned into pyruvate
>Pyruvate is the Jewish conspiracy that creates energy (Citric acid cycle)
>Excess energy becomes fat because your propaganda addled mind cannot figure out how to properly turn excess energy into heat. (((they))) are obviously in charge of propaganda
>Since the first holocaust never happened, if we were to round up the Jews and, with the help of Elon Musk, launch them all into space, our humanity would align with mother Europa's chakras allowing your body to embrace its true nature, thereby allowing you to excrete excess energy when you chose
>You would then be able to sculpt your body like a Greek god and get a gf

If that's not obvious then you're actually a blind retard.