How do you commit to a cut?

How do you commit to a cut?

As soon as I start looking deflated/slightly weaker is when I start eating more. How do I commit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5pkbrTpKaj4
kikebook.com/alan.aragon.796/posts/10155488010499992
bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/adding-muscle-while-losing-fat-qa.html/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't cut/bulk anymore.

Just eat around maintenance calories while getting good amount of protein in. You'll eventually lean out while keeping fullness and slowly gaining performance in the gym.

t. i bulked/cut for years on end spinning wheels until i discovered recomping

This sounds like a scam though. Besides how can I accurately determine my maintenance?

Just pick a number you think sounds good for you. Example; 3,000 calories (Includes absolute minimum of 130g protein)

Start eating 3,000 calories everyday starting from today, track your weight every morning. Input your daily weigh-ins into EXCEL so you can get an extremely accurate understanding of where the 3,000 calories per day takes you.

Do not have cheat days or anything like that, just eat your caloric goal and that's it. No once a week cheat day, no once month cheat day, nothing, none of it. Track everything.

And then what?

Is recomping actually effective? It feels like everyone screeches about bulking/cutting only

I should also mention; the human body does really really well with nutrient partitioning when your daily energy intake is extremely consistent.

What makes people gain fat easily is having a really inconsistent caloric intake, where they binge one day, starve the next, etc. That kind of eating is what makes people store stupid amounts of fat because their bodies are in-taking so many calories as once. If you have a solid consistent energy intake your body becomes really great at using those calories properly and it will never be in a state where it feels that it must store the energy because the body knows it's getting a consistent intake.

Of course your calorie intake must be reasonable, ie you can't just eat 5-6k cals of junk a day. But as an adult male who is LIFTING, 3000 calories per day is a very reasonable amount.

>And then what?

You wait and watch your body slowly become muscular and leaner.

>Is recomping actually effective?
Very

>It feels like everyone screeches about bulking/cutting only

Because 99% of people in online fitness communities have been lifting for 12 months or less and during that time is really the only time where bulking/cutting works better than recomping. Once you've been lifting more than a year and have your noob gains, recomping is far superior.

I'm reading this article and he's saying it's not worth it.
anymanfitness.com/should-i-re-comp-nah-why-dont-you-look-for-a-rainbow-colored-unicorn-instead

Oh god, you're one of "those people" are you?

You'll read something some random blogger said and take on that the gospel. He doesn't even know what recomping is, screenshot from his website about recomping. Did I mention here about eating less calories on off-days compared to training days? No. That's not recomping.

Recomping is eating the exact same calories every single day regardless of what you're doing. You never under-eat on off-days, you never over-eat on training days, you're eating a reasonable amount every single day.

Bulking/Cutting does not work beyond the 1st year of lifting because after you've gained all your noob gains your body reaches a point where diminishing returns kick in and it makes bulking utterly fucking useless, all you end up doing when you bulk (after you've gained your noob gains) is gain copious amounts of fat, for very very little extra muscle gain.

When I tell you to recomp, I don't imply that you will start to gain MUSCLE and LOSE fat like MAGIC. I am telling you that if you eat a reasonable amount of calories everyday, and keep your calories the consistent, your body will keep on all the muscle, and it will begin to slowly lose body-fat overtime. I am not saying you will magically gain 20 pounds of muscle and lose 20 pounds of fat, like that article is implying about what he thinks recomping is.

Don't listen to this recomp fag
Bulking and cutting at 300-500 caloric surplus and deficit is 2-3 times more effective than retarded "recomping"
You won't feel like you are deflating or gaining too much fat in either one, just don't be extreme about this shit

Well to all of us here you're equal to some random blogger. How are you an authority on this matter? how can you prove that this is the right way to go about things?

I really want to know because I'm on my first cut right now, been going on for 1 week and 3 days. I havn't really noticed all too many results and I don't know how long it takes until you see them.

That's recomping according to the lean gains guy, aka what most refer to it as.

>1-2 years after you put on near the max amount of muscle

That's when you start roiding and bulk and cut as usual. Easy and logical progression.

Lmao. Please do some research on the limitations of the human body and how diminishing returns work for muscle gain.

Example.

You start at 150 pounds 20% bodyfat.

You lift for 2 years, and bulk upto 200 pounds.

You cut down to 180 pounds and get checked at 20% bodyfat.

So you effectively gained 30 pounds of LBM in 2 years of lifting.

What makes you think it's a good idea for this person, who is 180 pounds 20% bodyfat with 2 years of gains (+30LBM) from where he started originally, to now begin bulking again with a 500 calorie surplus?

Say this guys NATURAL limit is 185 pounds at 10% bodyfat, how would him then bulking at 180 pounds at 20% bodyfat make any sense whatsoever? This person would end up gaining very very very very little amounts of muscle for every pound of fat he gains in that surplus, because his muscle gain potential is dramatically diminished at his current body-composition.

THIS IS THE STUFF YOU GUYS DONT UNDERSTAND AND WHY YOU GUYS LOOK THE SAME YEAR AROUND AND NEVER GET LEAN BECAUSE YOURE CONSTANTLY TRYING TO BULK/CUIT AND END UP LOOKING THE SAME BECAUSE YOU GAIN STUPID AMOUNTS OF FAT FOR LITERALLY A FEW GRAMS OF MUSCLE. MORONS.

>tfw too intelligent for Veeky Forums

>according to my completely baseless hypothetical situation, you are wrong! ha! do some research mate xD
kek please stop embarrassing yourself you retard

It's not baseless. It's actual science.

If your 5'9 - 180 pounds 20% bodyfat - for every +500 calories you consume above maintenance, the body might use 10-50 (1 to 10%) calories for your muscle growth.

If your 5'9 - 140 pounds 20% bodyfat - for every +500 calories you consume above maintenance, the body might use 250-450 (50 to 90%) + calories for your muscle growth.

The above is literally 100% scientific fact. It's a matter of diminishing returns and homeostasis.

If you still don't understand this, I feel sorry for you.

>it's actual science
>trust me on that one even though i have literally 0 sources whatsoever

wow I'm convinced

I feel sorry for your future kids who will have to deal with such a retarded ignorant low IQ father.

t. someone who is currently spinning their wheels, thinking they're ""recomping""

youtube.com/watch?v=5pkbrTpKaj4
Dr. Mike Israetel of Juggernaut Training Systems and Renaissance Periodization, on why recomping is not effective

kikebook.com/alan.aragon.796/posts/10155488010499992
Alan Aragon, on why recomping is not effective

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/adding-muscle-while-losing-fat-qa.html/
Lyle McDonald, on why recomping is not effective

These are the top guys in the field of sports nutrition, so I think I'll listen to them - and based on my 6 years of lifting experience, they're absolutely right. Good fucking luck making muscle gains/strength gains without a sustained caloric surplus once you're pulling in the 500s.

kek
You are the most retarded person I have seen on Veeky Forums for months
Doesn't matter I guess you are just another highschooler summerfag who thinks he knows everything

post your body you fucking dyel

RECOMP FAGGOT ON SUICIDE WATCH

LMAO

all or these guys are discussing recomping from a novice lifter perspective of being a fresh lifter

I peed urine out of my dick!

recomp IS bulking and cutting. it's basically lean gains and it sucks compared to other superior methods. cycling from 10% to 15% then back down to 10% is superior in every single way and you maintain your precious abs and good definition year round

Post your body.

submerge your body in acid

FYI : I was telling op to use recomping to cut, not to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Eating near/at maintenance while continuing to lift heavy as fuck WILL improve your body composition so long as you're still making progress in the gym.

I never said for op to use recomping as anything other than that. Not once did I claim op can recomp and gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Read shit first before replying fags. Don't take the word recomping so fucking literally.

Lmao dyel detected. Stop giving advice fag

Dyel lmao detected. Stop fagging advice guv

No, they aren't. They all specifically mention that NOVICES are one of the few populations recomping will work well for, and go on to say that it does not work well for lifters with significant time training.

Stop posting, close the browser window, and take a break from Veeky Forums, you got blown the fuck out and it's time to let it rest before you get embarrassed more