Why do people do yoga and pretend like it's exercise?

Why do people do yoga and pretend like it's exercise?
How did all those memecises like yoga even get confused with fitness?
Why do people waste their time on this bullshit when they could be doing something that actually improves them somehow?

>inb4 hurr durr let's see you do the Humping Dog™ pose for a solid minute then talk
Just because something is physically demanding doesn't mean it's physically beneficial. All mattresstards are weaklings.

>t. has never done yoga

Because it's easy and requires no effort outside yoga class as opposed to lifting where diet, sleep are important. It's linear progression stretching.

>tfw not enough muscle endurance to hold yoga poses more than 10 seconds

there are many yoga styles. some are fucking brutal and not easy at all

>thinking yoga is easy

you're a fuckin retarded cunt

Name one benefit to doing yoga.

Protip: getting better at doing yoga is not a benefit

General flexibility?

How is that a benefit? Why should anyone care about flexibility?

yoga is exercise if you do some of the advanced movements.

Besides the main goal of yoga is to get more flexibility, not huge muscles.

Age isn't actually determined by years revolving around the sun on earth but by flexibility of your body.

Yoga and stretching is awesome and if you can't understand that you're a fookin retard.

If your not flexible you can't kick someone in the face.

In older people flexibility is a good sign of general health.
Also decreases risk of injury
Also allows you to zucc your own dicc

Because gossip magazines meme it hard as it being "so relaxing" and "makes your stress go away".

Its a huge red flag for me if a girl likes yoga. Its not gonna surprise me that she likes to watch the kardashians and other trash culture.

Flexibility, mobility, strength?

yoga is like doing different types of planks, its hard, its good, also you get pretty good flex and control for your own body and mind, and the best part is the breathing powers you get and makes you a sex GOD

*bonus* girls talk to you because yoga is girly and no "real man" does yoga

If you aren't flexible and you try to lift heavy say hello to snap city

yoga is my jam! xD

seriously made me so much more flexible than i was. gotta kinda keep it up though or you lose it. i've been thinking about how to incorporate more yoga into my routine. gym offers a tai chi/yoga/pilates mix cardio class and i should probably just go with that for cardio days

DO YOGA!

I do Yoga because I find that I recover faster. It helps with my depression and anxiety like nothing else could.

I did a yoga course once. It was pretty brutal. The instructor let us stay in impossible positions for way too long. I was always dead afterwards, but it was good.

Scooby thinks everyone should take some yoga for increased flexibility, and since I don't know shit, I'm just gonna go with what Scooby says. Also, there are gonna be lots of pretty girls there.

its pretty good stop after the /fit hernia ride

inflexibility is a one way ticket to snap city, and also reduces ROM thus reducing gains

Yoga is a top tier complement to bjj. Much more so than weightlifting.

Helps flexibility, balance, breath control, mobility, recovery. Really it's probably the best activity you can do for general health.

this has to be b8. no one here would say that yoga is exercise (although an hour-long class can be a workout sometimes), but it's still great for flexibility, etc.

it's also great for mindfulness, and if you're not practicing mindfulness you're never gonna make it

Hi scooby (:

I just go to yoga to scope out all the chicks' feet.

Sometimes, when I'm alone in bed, late at night, I wonder if Scooby still lurks

Anyone know of a good source for yoga practice, because there isn't anything on the sticky about it.

>it's another "retard who has been going to the gym for 6 months has developed a superiority complex and feels the need to tell others about it" thread

i don't even do yoga but if you've ever entertained the idea of killing yourself you should probably go ahead and do it, OP

Just feel it out breh

Scooby plz

Real yoga it's very brutal.

I can't really afford yoga classes and the ones I can afford are during work.
Can someone suggest some solid yoga books / YT channels / websites where I can get started?

Sarahbethyoga on youtube