If I can lift 3x12, 21kg

If I can lift 3x12, 21kg
How much weight am I able lift for 5x5?

Pic unrelated

bout tree fiddy

nigga pls

Maybe like 35kg? something like that.

what exactly are you only lifting 21kg on btw? That's literally just the bar.

strict lateral raises

it depends on the exercise, the difference will be bigger in compound lifts with large muscle groups vs. small muscle groups vs. dumbbell exercises

>21kg lat raises
>"strict"

yeah I bet they are strict as shit, nice 10 degrees ROM

>strict 21kg lateral raises

Yeah I'm sure they're 'strict' lmao

Im lifting OHP

but for real how much do you guys lateral raise? I did them today with a 5kg dumbbell. did 4x8. Seems kind of low but this was after a couple of different shoulder exercises.

3x12 is more difficult than 5x5. Think about it:
>3x12 = 36 reps
>5x5 = 25 reps
>3x12's first set's reps 6-12 are significantly harder than 5x5's second set, because there's no rest

The caveat here is technique. If you "blast out" the 3x12 with a fast tempo and short range of motion, then yes, 5x5 probably is harder or equal in difficulty. But if you actually do your reps like you should, then 3x12 is harder.

Yeah true. But you can still lift more weight doing 5x5. My 5x5 bench is 80kg but 3x12 is around 60kg or so. 3x12 is more about endurance.

Is there a word for the method I use?

I'll take a weight like 80kg at 5x5, then the next time I'll try to go 4x7, then next session 3x10, then next session 5x6, , then 3x12, then 4x10, then 5x9.

I use them as goals, not requirements, as I'm really just listening to my body and going AMRAP every set.

I should add that all those setsxreps are the same weight. Once I can do 5x9, I move the weight up.

No idea. Sounds like an awkward way to make gains. but if it works for you then why not. I can't imagine doing my 5x5 weight for 3x10 though. How long does it take you to go from 5x5 to 3x10 or 3x12 with the same weight?

It depends, but usually two weeks between 5x5 and 3x10, with 4x7 in the middle. Sometimes my last AMRAP set is awesome so I move up a little sooner, sometimes I have to take 5kg off and deload if I didn't get optimal recovery.

started weightlifting properly about 2 weeks ago and currently doing 5x5 at 7.5 kg, I'm planning to move up to 10kg on monday

I don't worry about adding weight on lateral raises, because I don't want to fuck my shoulders. I can't imagine anyone lifting more than 30lbs with proper form. I use 10lbs, but I can do a lot of reps.

Yeah that's the main reason I don't really go heavy on them. My shoulders feel pretty dodgy at times. Better safe than sorry.

You just work yourself up on the Prilepin Table?

7.62x39