This board is really unhealthily for beginners; really warps your perception of reality and makes you delusional...

This board is really unhealthily for beginners; really warps your perception of reality and makes you delusional. You step foot in an actual gym and you realize this instantly. All the best looking guys are doing some bro split and don't care about strength, they don't care about compounds, they don't care about 1 2 3 4. What they care about is volume. You sincerely believe going to the gym 3 hours a week (168 hours) to do 3x5 with five minutes rest times is gonna make you look good? Might as well stay at home if you're gonna stay this sedentary. The curlbros this board constantly mocks look better and are happier. Look at this board, everybody is miserable, lonely and constantly overthinking theoretical aspects like nutrition and routine instead of just doing. If you're new to fit and letting its toxic mindset getting to your head, please, I urge you to simply go to the gym and look around you with clear eyes. Look at the guy doing nothing but different biceps variant exercises for one hour then look at the fat insecure guy deadlifting first thing in his session. Who's happier, friendlier, who looks better and more socially adjusted? Don't do SS, you will regret it.

>aestheticsfag saying others have a warped perception of reality
bizarro.

I just joined a gym, and I tend to go at night because I work late. I notice that there are usually 4 to 5 dude bros just wandering around like they have no idea what to do with themselves. They do a couple of reps on this or that, then they check their phones and look at themselves in the mirrors. It's kind of hilarious.

okay but strength training is better for sports. and we all know playing sports well is more chad than bodybuilding

The only people doing strength routine in my gym look like shit. Either skinny dyel or fat manlets.

Yeah it's really weird that people doing beginner programs look bad as if they were just beginning to lift, wonder how that happens.

they've been here for years, got stronger but still look like shit

if i can't squat at least three plates how am i supposed to crush chad?

So what should beginners do then?

Veeky Forums is like a rock tumbler, it might destroy some people but those who make it out are better off than they would have been without ever being here

Ppl split

Or upper lower split

Full body is also ok just dony fall for the SS meme. You need more volume thab that

every guy with a thicc back and a nice ass no homo in my gym squats and deads heavy.

Also since this is a gay thread, is anyone else enjoying softball? It's very white and gives me midwestern feels.

Watching it I mean. My gym has cable and there is a championship or something going on.

What is enough volume?

pic related said it very well

OK I believe you. What is a good bro split to move onto?

SS has too much quad/glute/leg volume. Might be ideal for american footballbecause it was based on such a program.

What I am making good gains with as of recently is 2 power sessions with high weight and lowest rep range and 2 hypertrophy sessions with low weight and ~10 rep range, makes sure I'm hitting all the muscles with different accessories and also that I'm progressing in strength simultaneously

going full 1-5 just doesn't cut it regarding volume unless you are 2 hours in the gym per session, in which case body chemistry steals your gains

Basically this 100%
It's way more important to do a routine that you can stick to that's less optimal compared to a ultra-efficient routine that you stop and start every two weeks because you hate it.
When I first started as a DYEL freshman year of college my friends who actually lift said to just do something fun and get a feel for things for the first month or two. I definitely remember a week where I hit chest 4 times, because I was so new I wasn't exhausting my muscles properly. But listening to my body and doing what I wanted 6 times a week got me to a much better place than my friends who started an advanced routine as a beginner who couldn't stick to it.
Long time lifters forget that going to the gym 5-6 times a week is a skill on its own that has to be learned. You don't build up that routine if you hate your workout, you build it up if you genuinely enjoy what you're doing at the gym.

a good 'bro split' will have plenty of volume with focus on controlled eccentric movements
basically how I program mine is a vertical and horizontal movement for each large muscle group (legs, back, shoulders, chest) with sets to failure and reps >8

This was good up until >"How much do you leg press", a question which no SS fanatic would say because leg press is vastly inferior to squat in ss lore. Ergo, this whole post can be safely discarded.

>i want other gays to like me and everyone who has other goals is delusional
Sure

>not training for sports, i.e. strength training
never gonna make it

>le strength training and aesthetics are mutually exclusive meme
Why are brosplitting aesthetics fags who know fuck all about lifting and nutrition this stupid? If you do SS/strength training in general with a few accessories to target tris, bis, calves, etc. and cardio and go on a clean bulk then you will look good and you will make more gains quicker than brosplitters. And since it's also better for sports than classic curlbro routines it is far more efficient.

Natties who genuinely look good did not start on a bro split.

Drug use is also a problem and you can make serious gains with roids without even doing wii fit and zumba.

>powerlifters don't care about bench press
>powerlifters care about leg press
>strength training is internet counter-culture and not something that people who train for sports and know what they're do
>someone who's powerlifting for 4yrs would look DYEL (unless op meant he's fat)
lel what actual dyel curlbro wrote those posts

Volume phase - short strength deload - volume phase is ideal periodization for size.

The ideal periodization for powerlifting is size- strength - peak, with the size phase focused on hypertrophy for tge glutes, hammies, quads, lats, erectors, pecs and triceps + movements for antagonists to keep joints healthy and avoid overuse.

So what i'm suppose to do? I have done routine hopping, right now i'm doing greyskull lp and next day i'm going to hear how i'm wasting my time and i should do hypertrophy. And when i switch to hypertrophy, there's someone who's going to tell me that strength routine is best for beginners. I am confused.

If you're a beginner stick to greyskull, SS, or generally any one of those classic beginner strength routines. They are far more efficient for a beginner than brosplits and if you get your diet sorted and go on a clean bulk (assuming you're bulking) with cardio then you will look good. Sure after 6 months the brosplitter will have bigger tris and bis but you will be much more balanced and healthier

thanks op, youre not a fag. there is a lot of disinfo spread around not only this board but almost all of them, they bank on the insecurities of all of us

but it's true

15-20 sets with 6-12 reps. do 1 or 2 compounds for a muscle group and then some isolations for the supporting muscles

What if I don't care about what others do?

>t. curlbro who knows nothing about lifting or sports

I see happy healthy people doing both curls and deadlifts, you're the fucking weirdo desu

the problem with Veeky Forums is that it has so many "subcultures" (aes, plg, hbg, etc). Each one promotes it's lifting style as the only "/fit" way.
This leaves every fucking beginner to just keep routine hopping until you either give up on lifting or just choose to stick with it. The fact is that there is no "one" way. You will make it you just have to find it yourself. If you are new stick with the program you are doing right now for a while and ask people with actual lifting experience what to do.

>said it very well
You're fucking stupid.

Ok so I've only been lifting six months.
I don't know shit, but least I KNOW that I don't know shit
Here u sit with two people claiming their way is right.
I think the best way to settle this, is if one brosplit advocate and one strength advocate put their money where their mouth is, and post a fucking timestamp pic.
Best body wins and we settle this internet argument.
>But none of you will do that because none of you even lift

5 sets of 15 10lb dumbell curls. It's all about the volume bro :^)

Best looking guys don't care about strength. Strongest guys don't care about how they look.

Quite remarkable how this works out

This is fucking retarded. How do you control for how long each of them has been lifting for? How seriously they take it? Whether they're cutting or bulk? etc. Even bodybuilders start off with strength routines or at the very least whole body routines before moving onto more isolated lifts. Literally everything you need is on the internet and if you still aren't convinced then go speak to people in real life. Talk to that guy who competes at your gym, the American football coach at your uni/local club, etc.

You may want to try block periodization.

So something like:

> Light Hypertrophy (sets of 10-12 @ 60-65%)
> Heavy Hypertrophy (sets of 6-8 @ 70-75%)
> Light Strength (Do your Fahves @ 80-85%)
> Heavy Strength (sets of 2-3 @ 90-95%)

Do each block for 2-3 weeks that way you feed the lighter stuff into the heavier and you end up being able to do more work with the heavier stuff since you haven't been bouncing back and forth within the week.

What about ICF

>All these excuses and no proof pics
>U just a keyboard know-it-all who doesn't lift

You speak the truth user. This is superior. Brosplits and strength training. Why even complicate it?

You got baited hard, unless your thread is bait

>chats shit and doesn't post a pic himself
>worried that his curlbro routine is inefficient and is trying to cope

Absolutely true in every respect, OP

This board is populated largely by autistic powerlifters who care more about impressing other shut-ins on the Internet with lift numbers than actually looking good and being healthy

You're right. I go 4 times a week for 2-3 hours each. Do a push/pull split and focus only the deadlift/squat/bench on strength then do the rest for hypertrophy.

Captcha for this board should be posting a pic of ur current body and it shows up with every piece of advice you give. That would really filter out a lot of shit imo.

Wow, who could have possibly considered that pursuing one goal instead of another would radically change the outcome of your program?

Not him, but I did SL for the first 7 months, and moved on to Greyskull, about 8 months in now. Should I stop doing beginner routines? I wanted to try something high volume like GVT but i'm on a cut and I'm not sure it'd would work

>newfag discovering that strength and aesthetics exist primarily in different realms of fitness

Welcome to Veeky Forums, read the fucking sticky.