What have you done Veeky Forums

>What have you done Veeky Forums
>I'm giving this a try and I started yesterday
>Anyone want to stay in touch and do this together?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=supVPLOHWPg
youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7E973zozc
youtube.com/watch?v=MrZAGVq25zw
pnas.org/content/111/20/7379.full
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>finally get my confidence back up after having it knocked down for the 4th time
>post a face pic on Veeky Forums because i thought i looked kinda good
>insulted beyond relief, not a single positive reply

Its hard to 'stop having negative thoughts' when every time you stick your head up you get utterly crushed.

Ive capitulated. I now no longer care that ill never go anywhere in life. the game was rigged from the start.

Stopping fapping

Use loop habit tracker to level up your life rpg style

Ill try it if your down OP but I cant travel, or start my own buisness as i am im the military but I was definetly thinking about starting to change my life

>taking shitposting anons seriously

Dude. Stop. You're a human bean, same as the rest of us, and worth just as much. Don't let all of us anonymous dyel internet assholes tell you otherwise. Grow a spine by doing shit you enjoy and makes you feel good about yourself. Especially with grills, it's all about who you are and your attitude, even if your face is munted, and I doubt it's as bad as you think.

Fucking go outside and make something of yourself, faggot. You only get one.

She kind of fucked me up

I watched her ted talk and this longer explanation and its been about a week, I've been doing new things for a while now, and the last few days have been amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=supVPLOHWPg

>posts a pic of a character tormented by his past and dreams beyond salvation
>a refutation of the exact "healthy lifestyle" OP is trying to inspire
>a man so broken, so tragic, that death is the only even slightly redemptive fate he could achieve
>literally American high schoolers understand this book
>OP tells us to read more books, and to find happiness through unfulfilling chases

You're an idiot, or you're 15 years old. Either way fuck off.

Tl:dw

Whats the five second rule? If its something that seems interesting or attention-worthy ill watch it.

I've been doing it a few days now, it actually helped me and changed me when I am in a social setting

This is the first video that introduced me to her, I made time and watched the video.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7E973zozc

I asked you what the five second rule was and you didnt answer... Heh... tough luck kid, i aint watching that shit.

Change your mind from staying in the auto pilot mode to activating the frontal cortex which eventually changes the way your mind works

When making a decision you have 5 seconds to make it, after that the mind hits auto pilot mode

Basically stop thinking about doing shit and do it

5 SECONDS TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE

Ways to use the 5 second rule:

To push yourself
Become more influential at work
Be more productive
Step outside your comfort zone
Become more efficient at networking
To self-monitor and control your emotions
To manage, engage, motivate and encourage team members

You have 5 seconds to make a decision, don't sit there think you will wake up in the morning and you'll feel like going to the gym...

5 seconds is about stop hesitating in life and waiting for the right moment

youtube.com/watch?v=MrZAGVq25zw

Work on tiny house? Wat?

Whoa. Wait how does this work like an app for daily activity?

What a bunch of useless shit. Cold showers are a retarded meme along with no fap. A bunch of faggots on the internet don't have the wherewithal to start businesses, especially if they're as undisciplined as the implication goes, so that's shit advice.

>Anyone want to stay in touch and do this together?
We're anonymous here for a reason you shit eating retard. Genuinely kill yourself

>cold showers are a retarded meme along with no fap

dont knock it till youve tried it, its worked for plenty of people apparently...

So has not eating for a month according to the retards on Veeky Forums.

OP's entire bullshit list is a symptom of a life without purpose, and there isn't one so just kys.

>what is wim hoff

Time for to go back into the oven

vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

>get a load of this faggot

You're really angry, why don't you try a cold shower, it'll cool you down.

I've done both. All reddit bullshit. The world is littered with dipshits like you that think that some random act or bunches of acts will get you success. That you're one sudden realization away from becoming what you've always dreamed of. This is what children do until they grow up and figure out how life really works. This is precisely what the phrase "self-improvement is masturbation" refers to.

Get your ass to work because your ass what meant to work. Applying all this "hurr durr dis is muh mental toughness at work" feel good bullshit does nothing for anyone. Successful people jack off. Successful people take hot showers. Successful people play video games. Quit searching for a scapegoat for your personal failures and work and live as you wish, because 5 generations from now when your accomplishments are blown in the dust, no one else is going to give a shit if you decided not to turn the hot water knob in the shower for a few weeks.

These are pretty comfy desu

>some crazy dutch bastard who breathes quickly while submerged in ice proves everything
And every homeless person is simply the next J.K. Rowling going through a minor life hiccup, right?

He teaches a method, anyone can do it. Stop being a contarian.

> Get your ass to work because your ass what meant to work.

kek, m8

humans were most definitely fucking not me meant to work in some office at a job that it makes no difference if somebody does or not (99.9% of current "jobs")

There's always one of these guys in every self improvement thread.

>dude successful people eat garbage food so if you eat junk food youre successful too

>He teaches a method
pnas.org/content/111/20/7379.full
His "method" is meditation and hyperventilation. If you have to be taught to meditate and breathe, then congratulations, you're falling for a scam. Have someone point a gun at your face everyday and you've accomplished the same biological response as the ice meme. Just because you can become a spectacle by hitting your testicles with a sledgehammer in public doesn't mean you have some special self-improvement method.

>work is only defined by office type scenarios
Not remotely what I said. I just said get to work, whatever that work may be which is very unlikely to be self improvement memes.

Because the only shit in these threads is retarded circlejerking which accomplishes nothing. The self-help industry thrives off jackasses like the ones in these threads that can't into moderation and get their NEET asses to work.

>dude moderation is for fags because my dichotomous thinking clearly makes me an ubermensch

I thought being self absorbed was for facebook, tumblr etc.

I have mild melancholic depression.
Cold showers give me a kick start.

>I have mild melancholic depression.
That's a long way to say "I'm a little bitch"

Say's the bitch who can't handle a cold shower.

>cold showers are so hard to do. only the strong can complete such a feat

Its not hard to do. That's the point.
If it was, you wouldn't be a bitch.

So minor inconveniences to people in developed countries is some testament to self improvement and willpower? Great fucking reasoning

This is the most autistic thread on Veeky Forums right now.

You can say that about lifting, sports, fucking anything that takes work. Why are you such a whiny bitch, Jesus

Yes and several universities tested him several times and prooved he can regulate his automous nervous system. They also tested 40 people doing his method and got the same results.

Get rekt faggot. If you cant comprehend that enduring tough stimuli develops your body and mind you should stfu on Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums in general until the end of time.

>lifting
Has a set goal (or at least proper routines do) and reasoning for its action
>sports
Has a set goal and reasoning for its action
>fucking anything that takes work
Has a set goal and reasoning for its action
>cold showers
No set goal, no reasoning for action other than retards to circlejerk about it.

Quit being such a gullible faggot, Jesus

Testament and self improvement are cliche muppet.

A cold shower is a small step you can take for a few minutes every day to put yourself out of your comfort zone.

Why do you get so mad about people doing things you don't do?

Yes but tell me this, so what?

Post it again.

>This retard doesn't recognize Leo

His method is fucking hyperventilating and being born with above-average level of brown adipose tissue. You're buying into snake oil pitches

Again, have someone to point a gun at your face every day. Surely if a small step out of the comfort zone yields big benefits, a bigger step will do even more!

You ask why I'm mad, the reason is simple. It's meme's meant to sell you shit. Whether it's products that teach you methods or products, shit that makes you click onto some faggot's blog where they interpret scientific studies for you, or shit that just wastes time.

I'm not a defeatist. If I was, I would've killed myself many years ago when my health grew poorer. I'm all for bettering oneself and getting your ass to work. But there is a tremendous world of difference between losing an obese man making good decisions to lose weight, and not touching your dick or keeping a lower gas bill for a month. I used to fall for blatant bullshit like this before, and you only need to do so many things before you realize it's all nonsense and time and energy that could've been spent on things that actually yield benefits.

Holy fuck. My proofreading for this was terrible

>
>Holy fuck. This was terrible as is everything else I've written in this thread.

Fixed it for ya

>stop masturbating

Whatever, cockgobbler. Keep deluding yourself into thinking your cold showers will turn you into some badass viking or some shit. I'll be working towards actual accomplishments

they tested 40 of the other people he trained you fucking idiot, and they all had the same results. you conveniently left that part out because you have no bullshit "HURR ITS JUST A SCAM" retort to disprove it

Did you actually read the report? They were taught meditative breathing, not the 4000 pieces of bullshit that litter his ebook (like the apples shit). And all the effects basically stopped as soon as the breathing was over. Unless you're going to spend your entire fucking life hyperventilating, the techniques mean fuck all in the long run, and don't mean a goddamn thing for self improvement. Fucking kill yourself for being so stupid

Requires less time.
Costs less money.
What exactly are you wasting except your breath? It's not like were shilling sips or some shit.

And also about the enduring extreme cold thing, pretty sure monks have practiced that for century's. Dunno much about the guy your talking about though.

it
still
worked
boy

shes prety cute desu

The thing I don't like about this self improvement community is that they always try to plant the idea in your head that there is something wrong with you and doing things like playing video games means you are an average pathetic mediocre person. Then forcing yourself to quit the things you enjoy and do things like read, meditate, and take cold showers will make you superior to the people around you and everyone who tells you otherwise is a stupid sheep. We're all going to die one day so why not spend that little time we have in this world enjoying life's pleasures and appreciating the little things? As long as you aren't destroying yourself with the things you enjoy and balance your life out mentally, physically, financially, socially, emotionally, and spiritually who is to tell you that you aren't as good or as strong as someone else because you don't take cold showers, or because you don't like to read as much as them? You don't have to get rich or go on some ridiculous self improvement journey like in the OP to make your life great. We are all struggling with our own problems and hardships already. All you have to do is take care of yourself and get your shit together then you can do whatever you want and be happy.

It's wasted effort and indicative of the wrong approaches to improvement which leads people to consume more of the bullshit. Either they think it works through some loose association and look for more nonsense shit to do thinking it will improve things further, or nothing changes and they look for the next breakthrough in their lives to get them to the next level or some other shit.

As for the monk shit, what you dont hear much about is how many people (monks in training or your average teenage retard) died or got severely ill after trying such shit. Monks also used to self flagellate or bludgeon each other to show their religious devotion. Hope you're ready to get hit with a cudgel.

>wow, look people got an adrenaline rush because they learned to breathe quickly for 10 days
I refer you back to my statements about hiring a gunman