/plg/

/plg/ general smug edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5bCRH0RDe2c
youtube.com/watch?v=c6D3o0_q3Mw
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EtGYsegPbu8ayId92H88I_Ap2LRWnEYWDt20ilCSODQ/htmlview
youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy6Nk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what is happening

All of seans characters got banned. Feel free to talk lifting.

lifting fucking SUCKS

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

bump

Whats happening with wsm?

When is the winner decided?

> High/Low – Low/High Texas Method Split
The overview for this program appears in the 3rd Edition of PPST and begins around page 184 of the PDF version and is described as one of the most difficult methods.

Monday: Bench "Intensity", Press 5x5, Skullcrushers 3x10-12
Tuesday: Squat "Intensity", Power Clean 5x2, Chins 3xFailure
Thursday: Press "Intensity", Bench 5x5, Dips 3xFailure
Friday: Deadlift "Intensity", Squat 5x5, Barbell Row 3x10

Rotate the “Intensity” lifts through a 3-week schedule as follows: Squat and Bench rotate 2x3, 3x2, and 5x1. Press rotates 5x1, 2x3, and 3x2. Deadlift rotates 1x1, 1x3, and 1x2. This is so they're not all on the most fatiguing of the progressions in the same week.

If the Dips and Chins can easily be done for 10+ reps, add weight on alternating sessions so that they become 3x5-7.

isley, isley, isley Ye never leern man, ye never leern. Like someone's geeting sceerd cause dey gonna git outtoteled; like whaddaya gonna do whin it hippins isley? Whaddaya gonna do - it's iniveetible. It's just iniveetible. Like. Y'know. I got ya squat...een the bag. Like. I'm cumming up on ye diddlyift I'm not evin like less then twenny keelo awey from your bist diddlyift men an' don' eevin git me sterted on binch. Whad ees it like your bist binch is like a hunna twenny five keelo; whas dat like two anna helf plate an some chenge....like. I cin rip dat shit like twenny times now an trow it troo a roof it's almost like a wahm up fer me I conseeder two plate a wahm up. An'! Whahappens when I binch like..three anna..three anna quater binch, three anna three quater plate whad ees it one hunna sevenny keelo?! Thin wha? Thas like...whad ees it..forty five keelo dif'rence mate. The bar is set too low man. Like yer ginna lose man.

SOME LIKE IT HOT AND SOME SWEAT WHEN THE HEAT IS ON

SOME FEEL THE HEAT AND DECIDE THAT THEY CANT GO ON

SOME LIKE IT HOT BUT YOU CANT TELL HOW HOT TIL YOU TRY

SOME LIKE IT HOT SO LETS TURN UP THE HEAT TIL WE FRY

miss trappy

Best bench variation?
CGBP?

yeah, variations in grip width and pause time
incline and dip also have their purposes
spoto if your form is bad

would you advise barbell variations over db variations?

CGBP is great

DB bench is great too if you want to get some low stress chest work

rate the brekky i made myself lads

bench and deadlifts today wbu

I think it is mainly my that chest needs to get worked.
DB bench might be better for that?

Hey /plg/, I hit 190kg on Friday. I can get 200 off the floor but can't hit lockout. Should i add rack pulls to routine, hit volume harder or do both?

Dips aren't a bench press variation, they're just the GOAT bench press accessory.

How to get a bigger Bench on c6w?
Literally made 0 progress in my first cycle, I thought this was just a meme

9/10 if that is black pudding i see there user...
>needs half an avocado
but otherwise, fuck yeah

Hey lads watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=5bCRH0RDe2c

replace it with nuckols 3x bench

Did pic related

Last set was an amrap. Really pleased with 9 reps on squat but was fried for deadlift which was meant a disappointing number

Getting sick with something so only had one hard set in me it seems

Eat and just keep going. You need to get stronger

Tfw foe is vanquished

first time posting in plg about this

i've been lifting for 5 years on and off and have never gotten to 2/3/4 bench/squat/dl. did SS the first 6 months
>started at less than 1 plate on all my lifts
>linear gains stop before I hit 2 plate in any lift
>I'm not counting calories but at this point I remember ramping up how much protein and food in general i ate
can't remember all the routines I tried but most of my time lifting I did some kind of variation of 5x5 press and squat/dl every time im in the gym
I was inconisistent many times in this period but there were at least a couple stretches of months on end that I ate enough protein and lifted 3x a week

why am i so weak

What about accessories? I don't see any in Nuckols beside curls a few times..

Rest day for me. Going to do heavy squats and deads tomorrow

Babbys first knee wraps, pioneer phantoms or inzer true black?

Iron Zs

If you like anime girls you're a fag

I'm currently doing TM for squats & deadlifts but I need a high frequency bench program to run with it since I've had a poor experience with bench on TM, any suggestions lads?

For reference, 1RM's:

Squat - 170
Bench - 140
Deadlifts - 245

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

pls be kg

Yes kg, sorry I should have put that in there

Your squat is wacky

Inverted Juggernaut Method is fantastic, there is a high frequency version in the book which has you benching 3x/week and incorporates auto regulation brilliantly. I'm personally a fan of sub-maximal training (like the Ruskies) so I naturally gravitate to programs like inverted JM2.0 and Sheiko

Yeah I know, I'm hoping the fast progression of TM will bring it up to part and balance out my numbers

it's a bit of a mess didn't have any bigger plates, underneath the black pudding is obvs eggs and haggis
fuckin love haggis

Not eating enough and this "off and on" shit is killing you. You can't be "consistent" for three months, crap out for a month, and except to keep making progress.

For an entire year, lift consistently on SS and then TM, and gain weight the entire time, and see if you aren't able to squat LMAO3PLAET by the end of it.

cum back baby

does someone still have the audiofile of this

youtube.com/watch?v=c6D3o0_q3Mw

>ramping up how much protein
>I ate enough protein
>protein
Stop giving so many fucks about proteins and start giving a fuck about your calories. What was your carbs and fat intake like? What about vitamins and minerals? And the most important what was your calorie intake. I don't remember when was the last time I even tried counting my protein intake and I still go above 170g/day. tl;dr protein is piss easy to eat in huge amount start caring about everything else.

lads im supposed to test my 1rm bench today but I cant find a spotter, should I just do AMRAP with 90% and calculate my max through that?

pls respond I dont wanna die

RIP

either way you are going to rpe 10

either move a bench into the squat rack or find a spotter

Even if I was raffy, wouldn't I then already be back?

Push a bench into a rack with some safeties. Flare your lats at anyone who complains.

>either way you are going to rpe 10
yeah but with a submaximal weight I can at least sheer away from a near failure rep

like if I do 4 hard ones, and I indicate that the next one will be probally RPE10 then I might skip that one

>666
does this confirm that im going to die

Stop rounding your back. This is not a lockout issue. It's just you being weaker than what the weight on the bar demands.

Couple questions:

How do I pick between squatting with a wider stance vs narrow? (Highbar) wider limits my depth but I'm slightly more upright and vice versa.

How much elbow tuck/flare for CGBP?

1 - whatever feels more comfortable, make sure knees track toes
2 - elbows under bar

You should be squatting low bar with a stance that has your heels at the limits of shoulder width. High bar should really be the same stance, ass to grass is a meme, just make sure you actually hit legal depth.

CGBP should have your elbows comfortably "in" close to your ribs.

Both questions cannot be answered objectively.
Find the squat width that you feel comfortable with - you need to be able to hit depth without having to relax at the bottom, obviously.
If you barely get it that's fine, stretch reflex is a great help out of the hole.

Same for CGBP, it depends on how close you actually grip.
I touch an inch below nipple with a grip inside of shoulder width - but I feel like the bar path gets naturally dictated anyway. If you touch higher or lower it will feel like shit anyway.

How long is too long with weighted planks?

15s? 30s?
Not sure how many sets to do if I do them twice a week.

Doing weighted planks is too much time with weighted planks.

30s is fine

Consider ab wheel rollouts.

>tfw locking out

They are not worthwhile?

Why are they better?

>coworker ask what you are doing over the weekend
>powerlifting
>"what is that user?"

how do guys respond

Nothing, you already fucked up

"It's a weightlifting sport, nothing too interesting"

But yes, you came off as autistic because you're going to the gym, not "powerlifting"

>They are not worthwhile?

I'm not a fan of ab isolations in general, but even if you wanted to do it, Roman Chair Sit Ups would be better. They're actually a range of motion, and can be incrementally loaded to some extent by holding a medicine ball or weight plate on your chest.

just say 'going to the gym'

normies have no clue what powerlifting is and will not understand.
Hide your powerlevel, senpai.

Fuck off raffy

Is it possible to get 2 stronk?

Why does nobody on this entire planet love me

because you're a gde

apparently shaw came in 5th on plane pull?? wtf is going on with him? eddie is currently first place with thor/shaw in joint 2nd

how will the amerifats recover?

Holy shit I didnt think eddie could do it.

>letting anyone get to know you
you fked up

Explain powerlifting to them you autist

he underwent top secret special training while everyone else was wasting their time at the arnold

that and the fact shaw is under preforming massively. even as a true clap-hating brit, I have to admit something must be wrong for shaw to do so badly

Just use the acc from c6w

I'll spot you user

Do you know what the actual score is? Does shaw still have a shot? What events are left? It really angers me theres no stream. This WSM sounds hype

Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?

Because you touch yourself at night

eddie came first in DL (apparently lifted 473kg no source tho)

eddie has 44 points, shaw/thor both have 40. if hall places top 4 on stones, he will win :))))))))))))))

note worthy. Kieliszkowski, the young polish lad btfo everyone on plane pull. probably up an coming talent we should pay attention to

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EtGYsegPbu8ayId92H88I_Ap2LRWnEYWDt20ilCSODQ/htmlview

the stone only goes up to 200kg? I want eddie to win and all, but it would have been cool to see shaw put his money where his mouth is and do a 600lb stone

damn eddie's gunna do it
shaw is fucking up pretty badly

just lifting weights for fun

Update: I didnt die guy I asked a stranger outside to spot me and I was anxious but made a 4kg pr

gj lad. what did you bench?

EDDIE FUCKING WON
SHAW A SMELLY POO BOY
ENGLAND THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ALEX ON SUICIDE WATCH

youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy6Nk

>WHEN YOU COME IN 3RD PLACE

>not a fan of ab isolation
Dropped.
Not Training something as detrimental to powerlifting as core is nothing but retarded.

can someone shop this so its shaw eating a cock pls

Lol Alex btfo

canada didnt win either you stupid faggot. we're coming to re-colonise your whole mongolid continent lmaoooooooooooo

ooooh fuck that was an explosive first log of Khan that came racing out, it was
Followed by a couple other smaller Khans that dribbled out at a fast pace

Stink factor isn't too heavy yet but I still need to excrete more of this fecal khan so we'll see when all is said and done just how stinky this Norman Khan will be

there's this one straggler left I can feel it , this stinky Norman khan is being particularly stubborn

Come out come out you stinky little thing

115kg, did 110kg last time(mistyped the 4kg). Took me like 3 fucking attempts though I kept missing the rep on technique. My arms flailing around and all instead of pressing on 1 straight line. Couldve even done more but 5kg pr was enough for me to call it a day

I did Cuckols his 2x bench program if anyone cares

This was a pathetic attempt I sure hope you didn't spend more than 3 minutes on this failure

I stole it from another thread :^)

/yourlad/ jean came 5th lmao. how can a country be so shit???????