Marriage

Hey Veeky Forums I am at a wedding and am just wondering if marriage is the highlight of a mans life? Who on Veeky Forums is married?

Is she ur date?

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums can get a date

Hahaha noy dad says the highlight of his life was the realiztion that he didnt rise a fuck up.

Why is it in a hangar?

Not anymore.

I got a date and it bombed. I think. I don't know.

Don't get a prenup

I'm married. It is killing me slowly inside. I might end up biting a bullet, cause i can't do this anymore

Barn style is the hip thing these days.

I'm married with a couple of kids. I love it. Maybe it's just because I spend two thirds of the year either away training or deployed. Who knows?

Wedding day is one of the best days of your life. Never going to get all the people you care about in 1 room again. Family, friends, such a good time. Plus getting hammer time and ripping the dance floor doesn't hurt.

you mean you spend 2/3 of the year getting cucked?

>Getting married
>Ever

My sponsoring broker lives in a shitty studio apartment cuckshed and leases his car because his wife utterly divorce raped him. Even took his 40k figures. He eats peanutbutter and nothing else unless we feed him at the office.

A wedding is just a gigantic validation orgy for a woman.

I'm married. My we rarely have sex and she doesn't want children with me(because she had a child from a previous relationship already) but besides that it's a new adventure everyday and I love my wife

Not sure if baiting

>I spend two thirds of the year either away while jodi takes care of my wife

It probably means more for alot women than men. For women, their great purpose in life is to have kids, raise the family, and if they do not they become terribly unhappy. Any woman over 24 is looking to get married because they have an urgent need biologically to pop out some kids.

For men I think this is not as much their purpose as doing really good work. Family is still important but they approach it in a different way. Biology determined that men are happy to work their ass off in a coal mine for 40 or so years and die early. This is terribly tough work but still fulfilling to them.

23 yr old male and relationships don't seem to be what I am really passionate about in life. My ex gf used to get pretty upset constantly that she was not the single greatest purpose in my life.

Why would I bait? Sex drive decreases after marriage anyway because your biological programming is not to have sex, but to care for children. I see my wife's son as my own and I enjoy being a family man who puts them first

>my wife's son

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

>my wife's son

This.
Military relationships you're just asking to get cucked.

>falling for the marriage meme

lol, no significant advantage for a man getting married nowadays, you'll only get legally fucked up if she decides to divorce and take half or all your stuff

plus she'll cuck you regardless

That was very clever user. Never heard that one before. You can have a gold star tonight.

>being ok with being a genetic dead end.
>millions if years of procreation ends with being content raising another mans blood.
Oh boy. Normies are so gross and stupid.

That's why I told my wife if she did any of that id literaly murder her.
She can leave me just don't fuck with my child or money.

>Want to get married and have children
>Scared after reading so many cheating/alimony horror stories
But what's the alternative to making the gamble? Fucking with whores until you're late 30s, then living and dying alone?

I'm 24 and hoping for marriage between ages 26-30. Thinking shit's gonna be a struggle to find a white american (I'm britbong and would never want to raise kids in this country) to greencard marry me but I still have hope.

I don't feel like it'd be the ultimate purpose of my life but I expect I'll feel differently in 3 or 4 years when every fucker gets married in the same summer.

My last 2 relationships the girl was kinda batshit but looking back so was I. Maybe that's just cause we were(are) young though?

Fuck you I need a green card into USA, I don't have a choice.

>Fucking with whores until you're late 30s, then living and dying alone

well at least you dont have to worry about leaving your wife alone for 5 mins because you're terrified shes gonna cuck you

Who cares if my "genetic line" end. My legacy continues in my step son. Even though we share different biology and different last names, what values he gets from me will continue into the far future. That's all that matters. Also the memers here are pathetic.

Don't succumb to the fear mongers. As long as you put your marriage and your wife first, she'll be happy and want to stay with you. Even the men who happen to be divorced, many had children that will love him because he is still their caretaker or provider. Just have faith

What are you going to do, spend 50 years in an apartment by yourself until the landlord finds your melted corpse in the bathtub one day?
Hookups and bros aren't going to be there for very long.

>my legacy continues in my step son
lol cuck

No you retard the original fathers blood line lives on lmfao. It's natural selection. His traits will live on he will live on a d you will die

This is the only answer I. Today's world.
You have to use force.

I'm guessing the idea is to live together but not be married. Fuck knows, personally I wanna get married.

Not sure how people find their long term partners though. Maybe desparation at others' weddings and shit spurs them on?

Get divorced then

I really hope this is b8

>getting married because everyone does it

how about grow some balls and take your own decisions? not because everyone decides to give into marriage, means you also have to

getting married had a meaning back then, nowadays we're too much people anyway, no need to get stuck with one person forever to have a handful of children

there must be more meaning to life than that imo

>just wondering if marriage is the highlight of a mans life?
It really depends on how you view marriage and what your beliefs are. I'm married and we see it as a lifelong commitment to make things work and as a result, we have gotten incredibly close and loving as we go forward together.
Feels pretty good mane desu.

I think marriage is serious bones and should only be broken in the case of infidelity or death. And if you can't see yourself doing that with the girl you're dating it's not worth doing.

>TD;DR If you have traditional values and see it as very serious, marriage can be very enriching; even without starting a family.

We all die one day. 5 generations from now, no one will remember our names. I'd rather be a cuck who raised a good boy than a neckbearded MGTOW virgin on 4cham

You won't say this shit when you're 30+ guaranteed. One summer all your friends will suddenly get married and you'll not want to spend the rest of your life shitposting alone in your apartment.

the denial here is amazing

>cuck
>neckbeard

or you could just break up with that random slut and go find a real wife and impregnate her.

Fuck knows though, shit probably gets more complicated than that. I'm like 25 so yeah whatever.

Im 31, get fucked m7

>41594059
kek nice bait.. you dont deserve a (You) anyway

I'm married. This marriage is good. The first one sucked. Marry a good girl and you'll be happy.

>Marry a good girl from a good family with a good relationship with her father.

FTFY m8, no need to thank me just pay it forward.

I dont know how you deluded yourself into believing this nonsense. Seek therapy

This pic motivates me for some reason, maybe because it tricks me into feeling like Im Zyzz while the truth is Im a kissless virgin

>Sex drive decreases after marriage anyway because your biological programming is not to have sex, but to care for children
are you woman or what? Biologically woman are programmed to take care of children. Men is programmed to have as much as children as he can with different woman to maintain genetic diversity. Cucked faggot...

why are you posting on Veeky Forums instead of trying to nail one of the undoubtedly drunk bride's maids? Fucking autism.

FYI look up defacto-relationships. You'll be considered legally married if you live with somebody for a certain amount of time. FWB's are the only solution.

You still don't get it you fucking mongoloid. His fucking DNA will stay on this planet while your DNA becomes extinct. Why don't you just artificially inseminate your wife with some pro athletes semen you cuck tard.

>implying I'm an mgtow neckbeard cause I want to spread my DNA and raise my OWN DNA.
I'm actually married. But nice try cuck.

Why kill yourself when you could blow it all on hookers and blow first?

>Just have faith

Faith died a long time ago brother

Because all the fun he has fucking hookers might stop him from killing himself and he will end up worse than before when he decides not to kill himself afterwards.

Why not both?

I just explained why.

Then hire a hitman who can kill you immediately after you enjoy your hookers and blow

Memetics > genetics. Not even memeing.

I'm on my second marriage.

Both of my wives gained > 50% body weight in the 12 months after marriage.

Can confirm, it's not a highlight.

I can't get myself to cheat on her. I used to fuck this milf when i was a bit younger ,25 (29 now), and she was married i was single. It really fucked me up because i met the dude she was married to, and got all this overwhelming guilt over all the dirty shit i had done to his wife. His wife still send me nudes, every now and again, even though its been years since we fucked, and she's still with her dude, and im married.

I can't leave either. We have a 6 month old together, and if i leave it'll likely destroy me. All my life i struggled with not having my father around, and now i am someone's father, and the thought of her going through the pain of not having a dad will make me pull the trigger if i ever did leave.

I don't know man. Everything's shit.

what made you want to marry someone who makes you unhappy

there's the payoff. good show, lad.

If marriage is all about children how come some men marry their swole gymbros?

I hope the kids are mixed race, that would make this even better.

She didn't always make me unhappy. I was so very in love with her at the beginning. When we started dating, i was super overweight, she ws pretty fit and in shape, and she was pretty much the only girl that reciprocated my affection at the time. About a month after we started dating, she said she had an issue with her IUD, had it removed, we kept fucking, she got pregnant, refused to abort when i brought it up, and like a pussy, stayed. Now ive gone 1 year with no sex, she barely shows interest, turned into pretty much a nagging roommate, always on her phone yet complains that i don't talk to her enough, we have a kid i don't enjoy being around yet, and i have turned lifting, tren and smoking weed daily to sorta numb myself. I have turned into a greek god, all to try and "excite" her sexually, but it has done nothing. I have coworkers steady trying to fuck me, but my heart won't let me do it. I feel like a fly that got trapped in a spider's web, and convinced itself that escaping is immoral. I'm a very insecure dude, to be honest a lot of people here are, and I've dated very few people compared to my friends, mostly women who showed interest in me. Now all i think about every day is that i have ruined my life and I've lost the girl i was so excited about spending my life with.

>i cant get divorced, that means my child will grow up without a father
>is considering suicide
Divorce =/= never seeing your child again. Death does.

If a woman is the highlight of your life, you've set some low bars that you still won't be able to achieve.

My mom and dad divorced several months after i was born. She never saw him again. I never saw him once.

It may just be the tren fucking with me, but i feel so lost and alone, more than i felt when i was single.

I'll end on this since this is sounding like a broken record. My DNA doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. No one's does. In the end, no one cares about who came from who's sperm. If you do, you probably have nothing else going for you in life. I'll let my creations and accomplishments be my legacy.

Why does my son's race matter? He's the same race as the mother though they're different race than me

quit trying justifying your sick fetish cuckold

This i might do kek thanks user, would you like a payday and b-be my hitman? Dead men don't snitch

That doesn't mean you'll never see your daughter again.

>BLACKED

Your DNA is the only way you stay alive when you die. I see it as immortality.

>at the wedding
>sits on his phone and browses chinese fitness image board
never change /fit

I am. No it's not a highlight. If you're doing a long term relationship right, then nothing should really change when you get married. I've got a little daughter on the way, I think that will be much more special.

>you'll not want to spend the rest of your life shitposting alone in your apartment
why would you live alone? you can live with female without marrying her. youre probably just a dumb faggot who deeply regrets his marriage and now tries to cope

HAAAAAAAAA

You sound like you know you have to divorce her, but can't bring yourself to do it. I hope you make it buddy, I really do.

your step son will end up hating you
enjoy getting the "youre not my real dad!" line everyday once he starts hitting puberty

I'm married. Ten years.

It has its ups and downs like everything else. I can say it's made me a better person, so there's that. Love is a fulfilling thing. You just have to be patient. The thing nobody tells you is that you continuously fall in and out of love. It's not a constant. So be patient during those "out" periods. Having mutual long-term goals helps.

>just wondering if marriage is the highlight of a mans life
Hahaha holy shit, no, it's literally the downfall of a mans life now.
All the power is with the woman, and typically that's when they start to let themselves go.

>at a wedding
>on phone posting on fit.

I like you OP. You're my type of introvert.

I've noticed that too,

>be asocial autist at wedding
>put at the teens table (was 23) because they didn't want to waste a good seat on me, my younger sibling(21) put at proper table

>People dancing later
>One girl dancing with all the teens/kids
>She asks me, I refuse

I don't want your pity. Fuck weddings, fuck happy people.

>even took his 40k figures
Jesus Tapdancing Christ

My parents raised a big family, they fought of course but everyone does. Both of them were from big, happy families and they raised one as well. I'm the oldest of three sons and I've known for most of my life at this point that I want a big family too. I'm turning 22 in July and just got out of my first relationship, thought I was going to marry her up until the day she dumped me, even for a couple weeks after. Thank fuck I didn't

>crazy
>mean
>fat
>rude to service workers
>made me feel more like a parent and less of a partner
>mocked my desire to become fit a couple years ago

I firmly believe the greatest thing a man can aspire to be is a good husband and father, and while I would not say that getting married is the peak of a man's life, I've seen enough to know it is the beginning of so much more. I'm hoping to be married or at least engaged in about 5 years and right now I'm thinking that matching values are probably the most important thing, and ideally I think the woman should probably be on the younger side if one can manage it, 18 - 23.

I hope you enjoy the wedding OP

If you don't love your own child, then the problem lies more with you than it does her

You should try counseling with her to fix this. If that doesn't work, then get s divorce. If you force yourself to be around family you don't even like, you'll end up making everything worse.

Do you have any idea how many men who got married are destined to the exact future you described?

More than 50% of marriages end in divorce, 70% of divorces are initiated by women. Then comes the poverty, the alienated kids, the depression and despair. Getting married is absolutely no guarantee you won't be alone in your twilight years, but it does increase the probability you will end up both lonely AND broke.

This myth has to fucking die already.

Ya'll realise this guy trolled the absolute fuck outta you, right?

I applaud you, gentle and noble sir. That's some class A trolling right there.

>my wife's son
I lol'd

Formerly married bro here,

It was honestly the worst thing I've ever experienced, and I've survived a pretty horrendous battle with cancer. Ever heard of that saying about how some people die at 25 and aren't buried till 75? Yeah, that's marriage.

It involved me being isolated from my friends and family because my wife hated them. She was so jealous that I would run off with some random girl that she wouldn't let me go to the grocery store alone. She went through my phone, facebook friends, social media, etc and hassled me about EVERY SINGLE ONE of my female friends who she thought was prettier than her. She did this until I deleted them because "There's no reason to be friends on social media with people you rarely talk to"
She went from being tight with big tits to being overweight and flabby in about 1 year... yeah, 1 fucking year is all it took.

I was easy to control because I was very, very weak from the battle with cancer. After getting healthy and thinking clearly I left her and got divorced. She still claims she's fat from being pregnant... Our kid is about to turn 7.

Yeah, never doing that again.

Jesus Christ, you just described the reasons why I dumped my ex before tying the knot. I did buy the ring, but then I realised she's being insane with all the jealousy and insecurity, that she isn't going to change for the better, and that I really, really need to bail before I ruin my life.

She married the next chump to take her in, and promptly got fat, lol.

Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Kudos to you for making the right choice.

why did you start dating/marry shitty women in the first place?

I'm the formerly married guy from and I struggled with some of the same things. Let me tell you how I dealt with it.

1. Marriage is between you and your partner, your child is not a part of it. Children should not be considered a reason to get/stay married. Kids grow up and leave, marriage is forever.

2) What's more immoral? The way you are treated after giving this relationship your all, or moving on to find someone who you can be happy with.

3) If you're anything like me (and you sound just like it) then you don't dislike your kid. You just dislike the treatment your wife gives you. I'm sure she makes being a father miserable, so you have come to think of parenthood as yet another hassle your wife has brought on you.

My ex-wife took my virginity, we later got married. After the divorce, I hit the gym and rehabilitated myself. Eventually, I became a male stripper and got to enjoy my 20s. Was I a slayer? Not really, but I've never lacked female attention. Things were pretty rough with my ex-wife at first, but it has all settled down. We work together as parents and don't communicate beyond that. I'm now back in school, hitting the gym, and getting ready to go to a big ass EDM festival with all the thotties. Life turned out pretty good.

Then again, you might just be a troll, but if this advice helps anyone reading this then it was worth it.