/fat/ general

Previous thread over 300 scoops

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight
>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

glycemicindex.com/foodSearch.php?num=481&ak=detail
glycemicindex.com/foodSearch.php?num=29&ak=detail
therawbuzz.com/nutrition-science/huge-list-of-the-calories-in-fruit-many-exotic-fruits-included/
health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic-index-and-glycemic-load-for-100-foods
livestrong.com/article/254976-the-glycemic-index-of-bananas/
nutritiondata.self.com/topics/glycemic-index
whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=newtip&dbid=460&utm_source=rss_reader&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss_feed
lifehacker.com/5895525/are-bananas-as-bad-for-you-as-cookies-which-foods-to-eat-to-keep-you-full-and-not-crash-later
youtu.be/bOkWTLKI3FU
youtube.com/watch?v=y-UaKeYEOdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm trying to go down to 150 - 160 from 185 by the end of July because I have to attend a wedding then. Hope I can make it bros.

First for give in and permabulk

>eating vegetables

tfw a fat girl once told me she didn't want to lose weight because she would lose her tits

I just come here for funny fat Wojacks 2bh

We're all gonna make it brahs.

Be strong.

fat fucks

Hope you're not cheating anons. If you are do remember to confess.

why does it feel like i havent made any progress? only 4lbs in 2.5 weeks seems too low from my weight

That's the plan, I want to be here for him as long as possible. He's he cutest little thing.
I fucked up and gorged on chocolate last night at work.

Its just the swelling gone down and fluids. Keep at it bro, you can lose way more over time.

>taking "progress pics" of 4.5 lbs

is this a troll?

How's your diet ?
Picrelated is egg whites, a steamed cauliflower, a cucumber and tomato.
I know it's boring, but vegetables should be the main thing you eat, and drink a ton of water

Seems ok to me. I have MFP set to lose 2lbs/week and I'm even under that

Was 120kg/264lb end of January current weight is 100kg/220lb

Feels damn good Veeky Forums

Very nice my /fat/friend! Don't celebrate it with unhealthy shit though. Keep at it!

This is pretty much what I eat every day, although sometimes I skip the potato if I'm not hungry

big no-no right there... this belongs in a cheat meal in my opinion

Anyway, you could try to remove the milk and add more veggies here and there.
Or you could simply exercise more

kys fat fucks

What's wrong with the chourico? 240 calories isnt that much

>mfw a regular keto snack is a cheat meal for beta non-ketoers

well it's basically like a fancy hotdog sausage... tons of fat you don't need and sodium. It's processed pork, not even a good protein quality

why am I getting stronger on PSMF? what the fuck

>tons of fat you don't need
>thinks sodium is bad for you despite decade long studies proving that high sodium intake of 9g a day is safer than

Jesus...This is your problem. Cut the dairy (or do plain with fresh fruit if you have to as a treat), cut the bananas, cut the chourico, cut the potato. Eat more varied produce and focus on better carbs (NO potatoes, rice, barley, etc: YES Sweet potatoes/yams, brown rice/whole grains, etc.)

yeah but he's not on keto though

And even if you're on keto, it doesn't mean any food is good for your diet just because it doesn't have carbs

Why is it bad if my total fat/sodium are still way under my goal?

t. brotritionist

>cut the banana

you gotta be kidding here man, ain't nothing wring with eating a banana every day

Bananas are natures candy bar. They're convenient, but I'd rather eat quite a few other things.

das true

>not slicing up a banana to put in your oatmeal
enjoy your dry unflavored cardboard, retard

I'm hungry but lunch is only in 2 hours.

Truth, but brotrition is easier at this point than real nutrition. Then, later, he can focus on maximizing a real nutritious diet and understanding food.

>current year
>falling for the keto meme

ATE HALF A KIT KAT AND HALF A PIZZA SLICE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

So if I understand, you're suggesting to skip the whole fruit group ? Simple carbs have their place, plus it has fibers and vitamins.
Yoiu're talking as if a 100kcal banana is like eating a 100kcal Mars bar, and I don't want my /fat/ bros to get the wrong advises

Why did you even had that in your house ?

4 days ago I had 4 little ayggrolls

post your body so we can laugh at you while you give shit advice

I've been using these bars to curb my appetite in the morning. You should check them out:

1 pack coconut (shredded or flaked, unsweetened)
Eggs
Vanilla extract/almond extract
Complimentary flavor(Chocolate chips, peanut butter, salted cashews, up to you)
Almond Meal (Optional, but helps add a denser texture)
1. toast your coconut (This is the MOST important step. Don't bother if you don't toast that coconut.)
2. Add eggs and extract (just a bit of either or both) to a bowl and beat to combine. Use about 2-3 eggs per pack of coconut. Enough to hold everything together.
3. Add coconut, almond meal (about 1 tbs per cup of coconut.) and other items to eggs. Fold to combine.
4. Put in a square pan or spoon onto baking sheet. Don't forget to grease/use parchment paper here.
5 Bake at 350 till golden on top.
6. Let cool. Preferably overnight.

I've really been enjoying these. Not a baker so someone could probably make them better, but I like the simplicity and the lack of sugar. Toasted flake coconut in a bowl with milk is also a great substitute for cold cereal if you're craving that.

Not backing bananas =/= hating on fruits. What kind of logic is that? Obviously, the food matrix of a banana is miles ahead of a candy bar. However, if you're looking to eat efficiently to cut calories while optimizing nutrition, a calorie dense fruit with meager nutritional return is not your best choice.

What the fuck man, a banana isn't even that calorie heavy for it's mass considering how fucking sweet it is. Don't really get the comparison with candy bars.
Now nuts, they're the real fucking faggots.

>shit advice
prove your claim.

not gonna make it if you cant eat the same thing everyday that doesnt even taste good.

its like trying to get off heroin but still doing heroin but in smaller doses

you MUST separate food from any kind of thoughts of happiness unless you want to relapse

Guys! I made it past 80kg this week! best weigh-in day ever :D
Still have one and a half week until I leave for vacation. For the first time in my life, I can go to the beach, take my shirt of and not be embarrassed about my weight.

>bananas are bad!!

Little brothers food :(

>80 hours into waterfast
>it's 1:20AM
>This is prime time to get 2 double quarter pounders, large fries with hot mustard and bbq sauce, and a large diet coke
>appetite is sated
>feel ok

I think I can do it. One week should be fine... a month... I dunno.

Bananas have a pretty low glycemic index and glycemic load score. They have good fiber and a lot of valuable nutrients. It's a very good thing to eat when trying to lose weight, as long as you dont overeat. They also contain natrual probiotics that may aid you in your weight loss.

yesterday I ate an ice cream sandwich at 2am because I couldn't sleep
today I also had one, followed it by a full meal and it's not even noon yet
FUCK

Well all fruits have more or less the same % of carbs/calories, there isn't any fruit that's vastly superior compared to others, or one that's terrible you.

Besides, I've never heard of anyone turning obese because they "ate too many fruits"

Are wheat tortillas okay? Been using them to make wraps.

Close, but not what I meant. Bananas are fine as part of a healthy diet. However, if you're cutting calories, there are other, better things I would recommend over a banana as a snack.

Find one with alot of fiber and you'll be "good". It's not exactly health food, but as long as you dont go over your calorie limit, you'll be good.

oh fuck dude good job!

I weighed myself yesterday, 95kg and it's the heaviest I've ever been however it's also the strongest I've ever been... I really wanna cut for summer but I don't think I can make it I think I'm approaching 30bmi (6'0 so like 180cm)
>tfw no gf is stronger than ever
>abundance of food
>really lazy
just cuck my shit up senpai

enjoy your vacation you deserve it user

Nice steady progress man, you're gonna make it

Bananas are higher on the GI than fucking cake....

glycemicindex.com/foodSearch.php?num=481&ak=detail

glycemicindex.com/foodSearch.php?num=29&ak=detail

decided today's the day i go cold turkey on the pop. finished what i had, and won't get more.
also decided to readjust goal weight and macros, so today became a cheat day before my first weigh in this time around.
lost ~20 pounds on a very loose iifym, but i'm shifting to a high protein lower carb diet for a while. not keto-low levels tho, my macros are 115C175P58F i think, i'd have to open my spreadsheet to be sure.
took bf% test after gorging, at the end of my day, and the caliper test read 21.5%. last time i took the caliper test it was 17 or 18% first thing in the morning, like 2 weeks ago. but early this week i was 16% on the navy method, so who knows.
using these greatly varying numbers, i decided to shift my weight goal to the lower of the two so i can just end it early if i feel like i've gone far enough. goal range is 150-165, so i'm shooting for 150 currently.
>this is how i am assuaging the guilt of eating chit today

Reminder to fill up on water before you eat, family.

>get down to 208 this week
>now back up to 210 after no shit for several days
>most I've cheated is I had a spaghetti and salad two days ago
Oh how I love to plateau.

This killed me over the past week too. I'm like two shits behind where I should be.

be safe fellow lardboat

I'm bulking.
I just don't do any exercises.

Not even close to being a valid claim. Consider caloric density here, as well as fiber vs sugar. In both regards, the banana is on the worse side of the scale. Again, better than a candy bar or a slice of cake, but not ideal when you could be eating something else.

therawbuzz.com/nutrition-science/huge-list-of-the-calories-in-fruit-many-exotic-fruits-included/

>didnt cheat but wasnt best choice

>poor cooking hamburger helper
>mom recently broke up with someone
>knock on door
>pizza guy
>2 large pizzas stuffed crust paid for
>her(ex) number on recepit
>didnt call her
>ate 3 slices of pizza for dinner

Bananas have a GI of 48-52, that is considered low. You can always find things with even lower GI, and I'd never say Bananas is the best food in the world, but it's a good healthy fruit to eat while losing weight. The banana will give you a thousand good benefits that the cake will never do.

health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic-index-and-glycemic-load-for-100-foods
livestrong.com/article/254976-the-glycemic-index-of-bananas/
nutritiondata.self.com/topics/glycemic-index
whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=newtip&dbid=460&utm_source=rss_reader&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss_feed

How has nobody mentioned glycemic load yet? If we're going to reference the GI, we should focus on the GL instead. In truth, the GI and GL is meaningless. It should consider other factors (fiber, food matrix, calories:nutrients, etc). Those are the factors that really lead me away from bananas towards other fruits like berries, apples and oranges.

lifehacker.com/5895525/are-bananas-as-bad-for-you-as-cookies-which-foods-to-eat-to-keep-you-full-and-not-crash-later

Thanks bros :)
This vacation have been a carrot for me since I started my latest weight loss plan in mid February. To begin with, I wanted to lose weight for the vacation. My goal was first 90kg, then I changed it to 85 as I passed 90. When I got close to 85, I started dreaming of 80.

I've been jo-joing between 116 and 90 kg for almost two years, but this time I feel like I actually found a lifestyle that I can maintain in the long run.

You have your own opinion and that's fine, but the bottomline is you're advising a 270lbs man to stop eating his daily 70-100kcal banana, which is absolutely ridiculous

I did in a post further up, a GL of 11 is not bad. There maybe things that is better or worse, but I see no reason to avoid eating a banana a day while losing weight. Berries are gold, I eat 200g of blueberries every day.

My glucose is 83 mg/DL (healthy range is 70-100mg/DL)

I'm fine with the bananas

It's been 24 hours since I've eaten. Why aren't I hungry? I'm not trying to fast, but there's no point eating when I don't feel like it.

Yes I am, and it's not ridiculous. Look, bananas are fucking great. However, if you are focusing on loosing weight through cutting calories, then consider switching to something that has a better fiber to carb or calories to gram ratio.

starvation mode nigga
now the next 200kcal you eat will be registered as 2000kcal

guys I'm considering brining and baking some chicken breast for dinner. But when I'm looking for nutrition data, I'm finding different info for 250g of skinless chicken breast.

>pic related
Which should I trust? Any idea why they're different

>2000kcal
that's twice as much as what I normally eat.
and how is it even possible for 200cal to = 2,000cal.
One of us missed something in third grage math.

One probably assumes the skin is still there, just not eaten, so it includes the data for the melted fat you'll get from the skin.

nice metabolic slowdown my man

I'm a retard. I bought 3 little things of ben and jerry's and 1L of ice cream from a local place and ate it all in 2 days. I'm so mad. This is why I don't buy shit like this anymore. I thought I had mastered my self-control but I didn't. Probably gained 2lbs from that much ice cream. It was 2.4L over 2 days. Fuck me. I'm just so mad because I made so much progress the past 4 months and it's shit like this why i've only lost 10lbs and not 20.

Honestly, just keep up the good work and drink lots of water dude. Exercise and sleep should be considered too. Stress too.

I've been eating a fuckton of fruits and vegetables and my blood pressure is the lowest it has ever been.

One of them could be cooked and the other one raw.

it's starvation mode
I ain't gotta explain shit

It's about cumulative actions. Now you have to exercise a bit more and make sure your diet is on point next week. Stay on track and don't let fucking up be reason to go off the rails.

because fasting decreases ghrelin.

I can't believe I let one little fuck up on my keto diet to permit me to just binge all weekend. I'll weigh myself tmw morning and see what the damage is but I was doing so well (stuck to keto for just past 1 month). I guess it's time to just suck it up and get back to work, get back into ketosis and learn from this huge fuck up, it's just amazing how it my discipline unravelled within a couple days into utter mayhem.

Feel so fat (and drunk atm) :\

The smoothie with 4 bananas and 1 mango I eat/drink every single day does not seem to slow down my weight loss( ).
I believe the reason we are fat in the first place, is because we eat alot of calorie dense food without nutrients and our body have no idea how to deal with it, because that is something humans have only been doing for the last 70-100 years.
However, who knows what's right or wrong when it comes to weight loss? I think we all just have to try out different things, and find out what works for us.

Yeah I know but I go off the rails about once a month and when I go off I go way the fuck off and it's infuriating to me that I have so little willpower when it comes to that shit.

What gets me is I want to be 250lbs by the time I get into basic training my countries military, so that was supposed to be 40 lbs in 6 months. Now I have 2 months left and I have to drop 20lbs. Doable, but it feels bad to fuck up this much. And of course now I question my discipline and wonder if I'll even make it in military when my diet discipline isn't perfect (though my training is, so at least there is that).

You can totally do that shit, amigo. And the military might help you establish some of that discipline you're looking for. Eye on the prize and prove yourself right in a positive way.

youtu.be/bOkWTLKI3FU

I wanna be 110kg by the end of the year, i think i can do it.

anyone else gets motivated by these type of songs
youtube.com/watch?v=y-UaKeYEOdE

it just makes me think how much shit my grandparents and elders had to deal with and my biggest problem is food? kind of pathetic desu.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks famalam.

Down 30kg, 10kg to go, weight loss is just horrid.

I know for certain I will never let myself get like this again, 2 months to go.

Good job m8. keep at it, and you're gonna make it.

my 400lbs friend said the same thing, shes married to a dyel too

>6'5 300 pounds
>get down to 240
>girlfriend leaves me
>shame spiral back up to 300 over 4 months

ready to start again, boys, ive done it before, and this time I have the benefit of spite on my side.

good, let the hate flow through you, it gives you focus, makes you stronger.

Ate my first vegetarian meal last night for dinner. Took a morning run. Now I'm on the toilet shitting my intestines out.

>was it the beans, Veeky Forums?