How do you motivate yourself not to skip leg days?

How do you motivate yourself not to skip leg days?

More often than not my PPLPPLx often ends up being PPxPPxx I'm ashamed to admit. How many of you actually skip legs day?

Maybe if I remove shoulders from push and put them on L then I'll feel forced to go. Thoughts on doing Push and shoulders on consecutive days though?

I just tell myself that cardio is my leg day.

I do legs every day so I can never skip it.

I try to do legs once a week. I also do a push pull legs, and I pretty much have pushA pullA pushB pullB legs, rests in between as needed / forced by job. Sometimes I work my legs once every 2 weeks, sometimes once every five days.
Ive lost most motivation to train legs anyway, shit knees dont allow squat variations at all. My current routine is simply RDL, hipthrust, leg curl, leg extension and calves work. Sometimes calves added for push days too.

My quads are lacking and I cant fucking train them. Hamstrings are fine, ass too and calves.

squats
deadlifts
power cleans

these are all fun as fuck

Leg day is my favourite day
To the point where I've started a push/pull with no leg day so my measly upper body can catch up
I've not squatted for a week and I have zero motivation to go any more

>How do you motivate yourself not to skip leg days?

Better question, how do you motivate yourself not to skip bench days?

Deadlifts are the most fun you can have in the gym.

Personally, I used to skip leg days because I hated squats. Use the leg press, it literally does the same thing as squats and is much more safer.

I would kiss that lipstick mark so that I could say I indirectly kissed a girl 2bh.

kys rn

I'm DYEL, so my legs look like shit. All the motivation I need.

gr8 b8

>skip leg days
>tfw doing legs every day

people regularly lurk and believe stuff like this, don't even do it ironically

I don't skip leg day, but all I do on leg day is squat and lunges, and then running.

I do shoulders on my leg day, allows me to have more volume on my chest on my push days

Do sets of singles, doubles or triples. Way more fun to go heavy on squats and deadlifts.

I don't get how people hate legday so much.
You will look like shit with small legs and a big upper body.

Squats will impress everyone.
Big calves will impress everyone.
A sweet tight ass will impress everyone.

Don't be that guy who only do legs half-assed once a week and complains about them not growing.

Doing abs only on leg day solves this issue for me, as I love doing abs.

Legs, back and core are where all your strength is dumbass.

I mean if you just want aesthetics you don't need to hammer legs, a bit of quad sweep and you'll be fine, but if you're trying to get strong it's important.

I would rather never bench again than never squat again

If ypu dont do legs you look gross as fuvk. I tell myself i will look retarded if i dont.

Leg press is LITERALLY the same movement and it doesn't put a huge pressure on your spine like squats. And you still prefer squats over leg press.

>How do you motivate yourself to do X

I don't, I do X anyway because I'm not 12

Opposite for me. Bench and Squat are great fun and I'm up to 125kg and 180kg

but Deadlifts are dogshit and take too long and are annoying to get form and straps and shit set up. My deadlift is actually the same as my squat as a result.

you have a shitty build for deadlift - probably short arms and legs, possibly a little fat (bad for DL levers fantastic for squat and bench)

try sumo if you aren't already

I just pull conventional one day and sumo another, do some quad iso

don't squat anymore but did for 6 years, just don't get that much mileage out of them for quad development and cba to do them anymore

None of those. Sumo is easier but doesn't help much with deadlift compared to just doing deadlift. Appreciate the input nonetheless

they're not literally the same movement, though, they're similar in that knee extension occurs, that's about it

but that doesn't mean squats are always better than leg press for all purposes

my point wasn't to do sumo to help your conventional, my point was to just start pulling sumo all the time

unless you want to stick to conventional

in which case rape your hamstrings and lower back with hypers, GMs, leg curls, RDLs, whatever

Run full body 3 times a week.

You do every thing but less per session, it's it a gazillion times more bearable than doing 15-20 sets of legs on 1 day

For example for legs I do Squats/Leg Curls Monday, Deadlifts/Leg Extension Wednesday, then Squats/Leg Curls Monday.

Done in A,B,A followed by B,A,B. So 1 heavy barbell compound for legs every M/W/F, some weeks I'll deadlift twice and squat once, other weeks I'll squat twice and deadlift once.

>more safer

She's cute

The only people I want to impress is my gf and all she gives a fuck about are arms, chest and abs. In fact, that's all anyone ever gives a fuck about. Doesn't hurt that I already had an awesome ass.

>Squat, bench, deadlifts / squat, OHP, chinups, AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

>Squat, OHP, chinups / deadlift, bench, rows, AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

>Squat, OHP, chinups, deadlift / bench, rows, OHP, chinups / deadlift, bench, rows, squats, AxBxCxx

I also do something similar. I found it makes my upper and lower body proportional. If you don't want to end up like T-Rex or if you don't have to train for Powerlifting competition, this is the best (at least for novice/intermediate).

The great thing might also be changing leg curls for RLDL or Leg Extensions for Lunges sometimes.

My leg strength falls off a cliff and I have to start over with like 1 pl8 and get DOMS all over again if I go even like a few days without squatting. I tell myself that however much of a pain it is to squat, skipping and starting over would be much worse. I just want to maintain my current leg strength and health without getting DOMS again.

Most of my hatred of squats is hatred of failing a rep so I just told myself to embrace failure, expect failure, and if you're going to fail then so what, use a smaller weight and do more sets. Investing in a cage with safety bars and getting better clips made failing and taking all the weights off not a big deal.

Just squat wtf

the only thing motivating me to do legs is to not have an uneven looking physique

and for them ass gains
girls love a nice man booty

i still hate leg day tho

>muh squats release anabolic hormones that force the whole body to grow
I believe this meme and refuse to do any research into it because it is the only thing keeping me squatting regularly

By joining the full body 4x per week master race and starting every workout with either deadlifts or squats.

I don't do leg days and won't do them until my upper body is disproportionately large compared to my legs which will probably never happen.

There is no motivation

You either do it or don't and feel like shit later on

The thing with motivation is you are waiting to "Feel" like doing something different

If you wait while the earth keeps moving, you are just wasting time and one day you'll wake up in your 30s and regret every failure you've made by waiting to feel like studying, working out, going to bed earlier, eating better etc....

We might not get one chance at life, do the best you can and never wait for your goals to come to you

I've been here on and off since 08, I turn 30 next year, don't let this place and other places like this run your life

>Its time to move on again soon...

If you don't enjoy squatting then there is something wrong with you

Do legs more often. In fact, squat every day. Weightlifters program squat nearly every day, along with key olympic lift variations, all of them involving a series of leg or hip/lower back targeted pull. I do front squat/backsquat, overhead squat or jerk practice, a power variation of clean/snatch, a pull+balance clean/snatch complex, then move on to either rows or arms for what remaining time I have.