Veeky Forums careers

Working an office job makes me want to kill myself.

What jobs could I do related to fitness?

Thinking about becoming a PT because i have no qualifications nor do i want debt and the test is easy. Advice?

Get a job as a mailman/postman.

Decent pay for a manual job.
Keeps you fit as hell.
No take-home stress.

Network engineer

Losing my job in a month
Feeling alright and I've made peace with my choices
I will move on and find another job, I'm pretty sure I'm stepping down from this role and going into a role with less responsibility and less pay even
I'm rebuilding one day at a time
You can make excuses or you can move on and learn from your own past

Also yes, office job kind of sucks and I hate being in an office all day long, we also have a couple hundred in our building and it is tough to make friends with people who don't really work with you or your dept, most people in my dept smoke and don't really workout or live with the life goals of most on Veeky Forums

>Sometimes its hard to be happy with people who smoke/drink everyweek and don't value fitness

I work as an EMT, soon to be paramedic. I also volunteer with a fire department. While not fitness related, most EMS stations have a workout room, and I find that I do a lot of natural lifting and movement (vehicle extrications, cpr, fat people moving) and my calves and quads are well defined with only starting to workout 2 weeks ago. It's a fantastic rewarding job. Think about it.

Do production at a tech company, I solder/strip/heatshrink ect. cables all day.

It's fun but it's pretty sedentary.

Dude, iktf. I worked in web development for 3 months before they got rid of me (probably because i was so miserable it showed).

I didn't go to uni because I went straight into web dev. i thought id like it because i'm an introvert and i like sitting in front of the computer, but doing it for 9 hours a day was horrible. It got boring, my ass hurt, and my colleagues were unhealthy slobs who just drank and ate shit and made fun of me for not going out every night with them after work.

I don't know what to do now. I've been jobless for 2 months and i'm fucking having panic attacks because i have done nothing in my life and have no clue what to do. I just know i don't want to work in an office, because it gives you time to think about how you want to die, and humans weren't made to sit all day.

Outside Sales is what I do. Golf at least once a week on company dime which is pretty nice. Sometimes play squash or racketball with potential clients. Travel a lot though, so that's meh.

Im thinking about getting a job as a courier for the summer, what does Veeky Forums think? Looks like it might be a shitty job, but its pretty Veeky Forums(riding a bike and carry packages)

I like my office job. It's a nice contrast to the constant working out imo. When I am not at work, I am either shit posting here or doing some form of execise / sports, all stuff that doesn't really require me to think. At work on the other hand I constantly have to learn new stuff and solve new problems. Feels like a good mixture to me.

How did you go about being an EMT, and then transition to paramedic? How are the hours and pay?

I'm currently an fmf corpsman for the navy, and all I want to do is get out and do shit that makes sense that doesn't have a fucked up chain of command. EMT seems like a chill job desu

It really depends on the work environment. I used to hate office work cause the jobs I used to do all had so much down time. I was working like half the time and spent the other half posting shit here etc. while still being one of the most productive workers. The job was a joke, so i thought I just hated all office jobs. Now I am in a work environment where I actually work 90% of the time cause I have to. I gotta say it's pretty nice. Sure I still hate working ( i think everyone does) but it feels like I am only there for 2 hours a day cause I am actually doing shit. It's also not that repetetive, which helps.

I work at a rock climbing gym. The pay is kind of shit but the job itself is awesome. I basically just make sure people don't do anything stupid and hang out with members all day. Plus free PT and membership and 50% off climbing and outdoor gear. Working there has actually gotten me more psyched on climbing and lifting too.

>pay is kind of shit

But is it enough to live off by yourself? I realized I don't want a lot of money, just enough to have my own place and afford gym stuff

Any nutritionists on Veeky Forums?
Thinking of majoring in it would like to know how it is out there desu.

Part time camwhore and part time bartender.

I'm almost done with nursing school, so I can finally quit this shit and get a real job.

Yeah it is enough to lice on with a little left over for trips and going out to dinner once in a while. It helps that I don't really do anytging besides work, climb, and go to school.

Nice, sounds perfect. How did you get into it? Did you have to do any certification?

Where is this btw, the US?

Bamping for the personal trainer question. An UKfags PTing here? Is this job stable/worth it?

I've come to terms that I'll probably end up working low paid, random jobs the rest of my life. I really don't like "normal" jobs, makes me feel like my life is over.

Idk but i work two part time jobs and make about 3k a month. I work at a gym and as a manager at a movie theatre

I enjoy it. The supervisor that makes my schedule is chill. He gives me 2 12's and 2 16's per week. Keeps me busy. Paramedic school was a cunt but I'm on the last edge of it now. I get paid $14 per hour as an emt. Lots of places make less. I plan on making 17-18 per hour as a medic. I get yearly raises at the private company I work for, so guys working here for 20 years make upwards to $30 per hour.

That sounds pretty alright. How often do you have time to lift?

Bike courier is my dream job

>ride like a savage for work
>will most likely live with a group of other couriers
>cycling is fucking awesome
>gotta go fast

My town is to spread out though and being a courier is tough cause there isn't much need for them and anything that needs to be delivered is usually done by van/truck companies because it's always heavier stuff being moved across town.

bamp

pls halp :(

I go 3 days a week, Monday Wednesday and Friday at a gym. If I'm at work, not very often but my service is unusual for where I live. We do a shit ton of transfers so we're on the road most of the day. But that's also why I get paid what I do

Yeah tech can be unstable at times. Make sure you get good money for your work. Also changing jobs is a great way to get significant pay raises.

Go freelance man. Do great work and you will get great pay. Then you can work from home and set your own hours. Its dope.

You can definitely find work you like. I rate jobs on a graph between pay vs enjoyment.
The more pay = more abuse I'll take.
Currently doing a month long contract that pays $50k.

You all should strive to find work that pays so much damn money that you can free up time to do the things you love, while still being young.
My goal is to have a couple mil saved up by the time I hit my 29th bday.
Software/tech/sales/design/real-estate are the ripe with potential.
Become entrepreneurs my dudes.

I dislike software and programming so I'm not looking to get back into it.

Do you have any tips on real estate? I have only about £1500 saved up (britbong) so I doubt it's enough. Don't know anything about it though.

Where I live (Vancouver BC) real estate has been going up 30% every year for the last 5 years.
My grandma bought a $200k apartment a year ago, and sold it recently for $300k - tax exempt $100k profit.

So, I would say, get into real estate in a good market ASAP. But you need to make cash first (20% down).
For a $200k apartment you need to have $40k ready to pay down, plus savings if you are smart.
Focus on making more and more money right now. Take risks.

Military. I've done everything from managing a barracks, being a dog handler, to being attached with various SOF teams and calling in air strikes on terrorist camps.

I have no way to save more than around maybe £1000 a year, currently at least. damn it

bamp

>Network engineer here

I already took this job for a pay raise at this point they are trying to get rid of me because they hired me at a wrong time, I understand and don't hold any grudges. Things might be okay and life will be okay 50/50 but one thing I wont do is stress out about this any longer.

Air Force? Sounds JTAC to me

A security job seems very Veeky Forums oriented. That's what I do and I love it

what are some Veeky Forums jobs a grill could do? asking because things like bouncer obviously don't apply to me.

im kinda young and small looking but really in shape. would PTing be the best option, or is there something else?

Really do security job, most ppl won't even try to fight you and it's easier to reason when you're small than when they see a threatening guy
You get to walk a lot and manage your own time.
I've burn so far 1762 Cals and barely 1414hrs

I am the least threatening thing on the planet though lel. If there ever was a situation i needed to defend myself in I would just fail and end up getting hurt

How would i even get hired?

>ywn get raped by this qt for stealing a protein bar

>Security
>Female
>on /fit.

Why can't I meet women like you

1. How long have you done security?
2. I'm guessing you're doing indoor and not outdoor patrol?
3. Do you have a lot of down time?
4. What are you working towards and are you trying to climb that corporate ladder?
5. Dressed the way you do, I'm guessing indoor security at functions and or corporate buildings.

Convinced the chief I wont even need to send myself cuz I'm his at defusing altercations and prevent this thing's from happening

I'm a paramedic and firefighter and an electrician for a large factory.

Electrical work is a lot more fit, though.

Iktf
Worked as a programmer for 3 years before I couldn't take how fucking faggy the workplace and the career itself is.

EMT currently, in a wildland FF academy and taking ff1 next spring. Going for medic afterwards.
feels good man

What are you in now? I could only take 3 months, can't imagine 3 years. The bullshit put me off the entire fucking field

1. How long have you done security?
About a year and half

2. I'm guessing you're doing indoor and not outdoor patrol?
Both actually but 80% indoor

3. Do you have a lot of down time?
??

4. What are you working towards and are you trying to climb that corporate ladder?
Well I'm also working real estate on the side, so whatever pays off better than

5. Dressed the way you do, I'm guessing indoor security at functions and or corporate buildings.
Yee it's a hotel actually so lots of talking with ppl too

Been programming for a few years now. It's occasionally pretty fun, occasionally pretty stressful.

My ideal career is working from home on something stress-free doing something technical. I don't want to commute, I don't want to go outside every day, and I'd rather live on a small town, probably the one my dad's from and live closer to nature eventually.

I want to walk my kid to school, lift at my outdoor gym and do some cool stuff on my computer with a break to cook some good food and enjoy it with my family.

I started a small moving company with my savings, don't make as much but I never have to write a line of code ever again so I'm happy.

How'd you get into it? Any particular qualifications needed?

Wasn't even thinking about it before the but a friend talked me into it and now I really love it. Almost broke up with my bf once cuz he wanted me to quit

60hrs power to arrest certification
CPR certification
First Aid certification
Clean background check
And pass drug test

That's it p much, shouldn't be hard if you've been a good goy

>my bf

You're in California?

60hr cert training

You have to requal every 2-3 years and pay the fee?

Be a PT in the military, all the normal benefits plus your clients have to shut the fuck up and do what you say and there's loads of funding to go do adventurous training.

You have to pay like 20 bucks every 2 years to renew it, if you let it expire you have to take courses and pass exam again

Funny,

My back is getting all kinds of fucked up by standing up all day, holding heavy powertool always in the same hand and leaning in over cars (or into them at some crazy angle).

Just standing for long periods can cause APT and my 6-8 hours of shitposting after work is doing a number on my back muscles too.

I hate working at the autoshop and long for the day I can finally get a cozy office job.

Im starting to think about EMT. I have studied programming and IT before and to be honest i dont like the idea of writing endless and meaningless code and drinking coffee with aspies.
I want to do something little bit more meaningful and meet good people along the way. But also i'd like a career which makes money and is not extremely stressful. Should i try it out?

USPS CCA here

>No take-home stress
sure, but there's a fuckton of at-work stress. there's a reason why "going postal" is a meme

I manage a stud farm and work with young horses and stallions. They can be quite tricky to handle especially when they're made up of 600kg of muscle and testosterone. I do a lot of manual labour and strength helps when one of those fuckers starts acting up. Broke my arm once or twice and a couple of ribs.

I was always afraid of my life becoming like Office Space.

Its why I quit Uni and joined the military as an inventory clerk. Best decision of my life

Moar

>tfw you switch jobs from mail agent to stores clerk
>fitbit gains drop 10,000 steps

military, almost any job in it will make you work out

>female

I'm planing to get a security job this summer. Requirements and pay are small but i don't have much work experience. Is the pay good for you? What are in your opinion are the best places to do security?

how much does the camwhore bring in?

Fuck you I WISH I had an easy boring office job.

grass is greener, i guess.

If you're an introvert like me and have to spend 10 hours in an open office with shit loud music, lazy fat colleagues who just eat and drink shit, and a boss that makes fun of all the clients we work for, it becomes a really unproductive and fucking horrible atmosphere.

You might like the ease of just sitting in front of the computer at first, but it gets boring fast. You feel like you're in a fish tank, watching the world go by outside your window, people moving around, and wishing you could do something else.

>introvert thinks he's going to enjoy a physical/interactive job more

lmao

I worked jobs in a warehouse and in a hotel kitchen growing up, I relish my present day office job even if it gets kind of boring

dreading boredom/inactivity >>> dreading pissy people/constant interaction/physical labor

Any trade like electrician, mechanic, welder, etc. Sitting at a desk being a pencil pusher sounds depressing and suicidal. However, using your hands to physically create/repair something is very fun, rewarding, and gives you useful skills.

Seconded. I gave up my mechanic job and as soon as I get out of school I'm going right back into the same field if possible.

There are some real assholes in the manual labor jobs though sometimes so you gotta pick carefully. People who shit on each other all the time instead of encouraging each other will eat away at you.

>dreading pissy people
I'd say over 50% of how enjoyable your job is comes down to the people you're around and their attitude. You could be a racedriver for a living but if your coworkers were negative pricks you'd want to quit.

I find myself yearning for social contact rather than not when working in an office. I feel lonely even though i'm surrounded by people. I don't mind interaction, introvert =/= social autist.

True 100%. I felt like I was being useless doing programming. It meant nothing, it resulted in nothing. It's not true work (for me), because in the world it means nothing.

Doing something physical, you can feel that you're doing something. I feel like a lazy, inactive slob sitting in a chair all day.

Exactly. My colleagues shouted "you don't drink?" with a bewildered look on their face and laughed at me on my first day, then every day after that. They also made fun of the young girl that was working there too for now drinking, after dragging her to the pub. Fucking hate the UK and it's ingrained drinking culture. I hate that you have to be an unhealthy slob to be accepted or normal in this society. It's why I want an active job, so I can actually be with likeminded people.

>now drinking
not** drinking

She was only around 18/19 too I think.

In non-introverted positions you are not going to get a choice and will be forced to interact, oftentimes constantly, and that will wear you down faster than the occasional moment you'd like to chat with someone

I'm an introvert and it wasn't fun, but go ahead and try it by all means, I know how people work

also if you are in an office full of people and can't find one person you enjoy talking to or interacting with regularly there's a good chance that you are actually the surly problem and not the 20 other people around you

Also was working in UK and got the same. There's definitely a hivemind where you have to enjoy football, clubbing, drinking etc. to fit in.

I assume it's the same everywhere in the world though. We're not as bad as the deep south in USA at least lol.

You also get some sweet shorts to show off your leg gains

I thought other people were douchebags for a long time then I was diagnosed with constant headaches and motion sickness since I was a child that made me irritable.

I never realised it wasn't normal because I'd felt like it for my whole life. Still have no solution but I can at least pinpoint WHY I feel like shit at the time and not blame people around me.

TL;DR sometimes it's you that's the problem and you don't even realise it

Roof plumber, good pay and my OHP is pretty strong just due to lifting roof sheets over my head all day

People taking the piss out of me is how I got Veeky Forums, it'll either kill you or make you stronger brah

i recently job hopped from a stressful shitty office job to a higher paying, stress-free office job

it's fuckin great

I started 'cause my GF left and continued because I realised how weak I looked to my coworkers.

Nice to have made progress but I kind of wish I just wasn't retarded from the outset.

while i know im a grumpy loser cunt, i dislike a lot of my coworkers because i feel like they complain A LOT and it annoys me like hell.

some of them are justified in their complaining because they do a lot of work, but others complain just about doing their roles as employees. plus, a lot of them make a good amount of money and still complain about stuff they knew they were getting into from the start.

In my experience people who complain about their job are usually upset about other things besides the specific work they're doing.

I.e. coworkers, problems at home, in pain, have a medical procedure soon, other people being pissed off at them caused a chain reaction so now they're mad... etc.

My back up plan is to become a ranger, which I'd assume would require at the very least moderate exercise. Probably somewhere in Colorado.

how do you get a job

help

i literally have no talent or skill that doesn't involve moving weight in precise angles up or against my body and i have no college degree or certification of any kind

am I unemployable? it feels impossible to get hired

Not a career, but if you want something on side side for weekends you guys should check out youth sports refereeing (or any sport I guess really)

I do soccer and it keeps me fit and you get to make people angry and get paid for it. I'll usually run like 3-4 miles per game and make $30-45 depending on age group and skill level

Any Veeky Forums jobs (or at least active) a grill could do? i know security was recommended here but that doesn't sound appropriate for my non-confronting nature.

Was thinking PT too but it sounds like you need to market a lot and i'm shit at that.

The less qualifications needed the better. Other than that i don't mind what it is, just as long as I won't be TOO out of place (like construction lol).

Clean your room

web dev
i just do stupid shit like change the color or animation on shit like buttons

kill me

Physiotherapist

post pic of your face u fucking whore

DevOps engineer here.
I'm also going to step down and get into webdev for a smaller company, just maintain and develop some templates.

the pay is going to be less but the stress will be non excistant and my life quality will be top.
Plus if I really want I can get into a side business and of course I have time to develop my own projects.

When I was a devops engineer all I had time for was working and stressing. my life sucked back then.

Honestly, PT. Most chicks gravitate toward male PTs but there is a niche for the female PT you can tap into and the type of women you'll train will believe anything that comes out of your mouth becuase you'll be speaking from a position of authority and fuck knows women don't like questioning that.

How difficult is it to find clients as a PT?

No idea but one idea I've always tossed around in my head is if shit goes south with my gf, become a PT but also do courses in massage and cater to rich milfs whose husbands are away on business.

Firefighter.

You get to use a gym at work and get plenty of time off for training. Perfect Veeky Forums job. Helps cure your autism too.

Yeah you need quite a but more money than that to start in real estate. A lot of people see people making easy money in real estate but for people who have investments real estate is more of an end term goal. It's not a good beginning step to making money unless you have 100k or so laying around. If I were you I would just cut back on your outgoings and try and save up for 10k which you can invest in stocks and get a good return. That's what I did. After that point start a small business to make money on the side of your current work.

Tfw office job slowly making me mad

Firemen are great and everyone respects them, more respected than soldiers or police and most firemen are humble. Also you get to kick down doors use axes and play with big hoses- shit would be fun

Spent a few years doing this during the recession. You'll get as fuck, and very lean while eating like a pig.