Is reduced carbs a meme or what ?

Is reduced carbs a meme or what ?

One of my mates made his diet very low carb for about 8 weeks and he got great results (not him in pic btw, just came across this on instagram)

Quite want to try it as i'm at a pretty similar point to top set of pics.

Just dont want to go low carb if its not worth it as i'll be a grumpy cunt.

Other anons thoughts and experiences ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH2uhJ2RmgYVETxvU_BCu1Xxb5dFt8xjj
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18025815
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16685046
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25402637
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

theres some good info on this playlist youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH2uhJ2RmgYVETxvU_BCu1Xxb5dFt8xjj

Thats the picture you choose? In just 30 days he got a new bulb for better lighting.

With that said, yes low carb can jump start weight loss for many people.

He looks exactly the same, he's just flexing in the second one

Why are you niggas calling it "low carb"? It's called Keto.

>eat normally
>but cut out one serving of carbs
>lose weight

wow how shocking, eating less calories makes you lose weight

All it does, is reduce calories. You uneducated cretin.

I want the NYRs to leave.

Of course reduced carbs is a good thing for fitness, it means more protein in your diet to eat at the same level which obviously helps in muscle mass gaining.

It doesn't need to be some meme diet with a fancy name, it's just common sense.

What's next, "The TDEE calorie and balanced macros diet"!

that before and after could be achieved by just going to the gym to get some pump and vascularity going and different lighting

It's been pretty well known that eating less carbs will help you cut weight. I wouldn't go completely keto (when you could just lower it to under 100g) personally, but some people do it fine.

The irony is hilarious

i'm of the opinion that if you're cutting, the best thing to cut from your diet to optimise fat loss is unnecessary carbs. Not necessarily as much as keto, but enough to put you at a reasonable defecit.

I'm seeing good results from cutting carbs and readjusting my diet slightly so that i get proportionally more fat and more protein that i would while bulking.

>change the lighting and flex
>look how different I am guys

His waist is slimmer blind bitches

Read this very carefully

kill yourself

>being so ignorant you think all low carb diets are ketogenic
KYS

So what's the difference?

its a low carb diet, thats why you stupid spastic, we're not talking about keto now fuck off

Low carb diets provide no extra benefit compared to a simple reduced calorie diet:
> Fat loss depends on energy deficit only, independently of the method for weight loss.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18025815

Ketogenic diets can have adverse effects on your metabolism and emotional state:
> Ketogenic low-carbohydrate diets have no metabolic advantage over nonketogenic low-carbohydrate diets.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16685046

Since low carb diets inherently involve eating a lot of protein and carbs they do however have the added benefit of making you feel full for longer:
> Do ketogenic diets really suppress appetite? A systematic review and meta-analysis.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25402637

So the bottom line is that if you simply count your macros and stay consistent with them then that will be just as fine if not better than doing some sort of keto/low carb diet. If however you are the sort of person who doesn't keep track of your macros or your diet and you just want to mindlessly hop on a "diet" and hope that it magically fixes your problems without you having to put in any effort to track your food. Then yeah, I guess doing a keto diet might be useful as this kind of diet will make you feel a lot fuller for longer which in turn will reduce the likelyhood of overeating. But again, keto diets have not been proven to provide any extra benefits but to the contrary have adverse health effects if anything.

>implying i said take out calories through carbs

i said reduce carbs, i never said reduce intake, fuck me. you can still eat the same amount of calories with less carbs, that's clearly what we're talking about here

>How cars go vroom vroom
>Ferrari - gas
>Porsche - gas
>Lambergini - gas
>Geo - gas
>Fiat - gas

Conclusion, a Geo or Fiat is just as good as any supercar.

he took a shit, big deal

Well yeah if your goal is to get from point A to B. I can think of a lot of situations where a fiat would be better than a ferrari, and vice versa btw.

See

>analogies confuse me

Your body primarily uses Fat or Carbs for energy. Why fuck yourself and live in energy purgatory land?

In this analogy, almost every single human is the same type of car. We're not that different.

Low Carb, especially Keto, is great for losing weight. I would recommend it if you're cutting. Wouldn't recommend while bulking though. You need good carbs to build good muscle. Also you lose a shit ton of water weight with low carb. It's a short term diet for cutting.

you're fucking retarded

The fact youre a fat fuck that needs some special diet to lose weight is hilarious

Are you Implying cars don't run on gas?

>Suck, squeeze, bang, blow

That is how every gas engine works, they are not that different.

Sorry what ? You're assuming thats OP but nah i'm OP, pic related is me, i'm sure you look much better.

I dont need a special diet to lose weight, i just wanted to talk about low carb to see if there were benefits.

looking forward to your pic ;)

Ohhh I think I figured out why it smells so bad! You used to live there, right? Maybe you left a turd behind, or some of your farts seeped into the walls? I mean you were there for almost 9 months, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen a flushing toilet in there.

t. non lifting shit poster who's been found out

Sorry, young man, but lashing out at me isn't going to make you feel better. You have to get used to it. We're family now.