Who /stilllooksDYELafteryears/ here?

Who /stilllooksDYELafteryears/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

leangains.com/2010/06/intermittent-fasting-and-stubborn-body.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

have you tried eating?

Who /notputtinganyeffortinforyears/ here?

Me FeelsBadMan
lifted 3 years went from 125-175 at 5'11
still feel and look small when around ppl in public idk if its me or if everyones just so overweight nowadays that im still the small cunt around average ppl

Who /gettingstrongerbutmostlyfattertoo/ here

Yup. Been lifting for around 3-4 years now, still don't look like how I want to. Maybe I just have body dysmorphia. Normies can tell I lift obviously, but when I look in the mirror I still see the same scrawny kid.

Maybe another 3-4 years and I'll reach my goal.

Been 5 months. Feel like I'm getting toned than any bigger

me, that's what I get for bulking with like 18% body fat

got strong(ish) but now I look like a bag og mashed shit and have to find strategies for dealing with it, done CICO for 4 months but all it did was make me look like a slightly smaller bag of mashed shit and make me miss lifts

Now I'm thinking of just not lifting for a while, doing a couple of prolonged fasts then getting back "fresh", hopefully reaching my old lifts quickly.

Yeah man I'm at 1/2/3/4 15% BF and still look dyel by Veeky Forums standards. Gotten mires and compliments IRL tho

fit standards are only valid for roiders. If normies compliment you then you're doing well

what does "1/2/3/4" mean?

That's good man, don't get body dysmorphia and start hard bulking, it's not worth it. Take it from someone a good bit stronger but also way fatter than you

1pl8 ohp
2pl8 bench
3pl8 squat
4pl8 deadlift

Youd never guess i bench 450 and squat 600 pounds if you saw me.

Poast stats.

I've fucked around aimlessly at the gym for many years, not sticking to any programs and thinking that only protein matters in diet, some gains were made but ridiculously little judging by how long that took. Two years of 5/3/1 BBB and later PPL with actual linear progression and some semblance of an idea of how to eat got me to achieve the 1234 for reps meme quite easily, but I also went from skinnyfat to tubby on the way. Now I'm shedding the lard at a modest pace, 6kg down in ~3 months time and about 12 more to go. I can tell that under the blubber there's a very average physique with small biceps and a puny chest, but I'm actually rather content that I've made something after all. Most of my friends think that I'm swole, but that's just because they're all dyel fags.

>tfw no matter how much you cut, that last pouch of fat on your belly and your love handles never go away

It's like God wants me to stay skinnyfat

this is me

Very unhealthy mindset. Forget aesthetics for a good while, like one year, just go for a modest clean bulk and lift as heavy as you can. After that you can reassess the situation.

This is why I'm trying the fasting meme, time to actually get lean for once in my life so I can bulk properly for the first time, time to put lifting on hold

>just go for a modest clean bulk

Do NOT do this. Cut.

Mashed bag of shit here, this is correct. Bulking when still fat is just shooting yourself in the foot as your metabolism and hormonal profile is complete and utter shit.

I've been drinking a lot which has really killed my progress
>drink too much
>can't cut because alcohol calories and hangover foods
>never bulk because I'm constantly fighting to cut through the alcohol

I've stopped drinking for over a week now, and only once in the last few weeks. I think it's working.

It might be the worst meme that Veeky Forums pushes

I fell for it and now I have to spend forever undoing it, though I probably could have got it done faster if I didn't also fall for the CICO meme

>no matter how much you cut, that last pouch of fat on your belly
>no matter how much you cut
>that last pouch of fat on your belly

To me that sounds like skinnyfat mode, not mashed bag of shit mode. Your metabolism and hormonal profile are definitely going to go to shit when you start desperate measures after a long, fruitless struggle to get that last bit of fat away, and for what, how good would your auschwitz state be in the end even if you didn't fail?

If we're talking about a considerable amount of fat still left then it's a different matter.

I've still got residual fat other places, but my abdomen is definitely the worst spot.

K. Stats, best lifts, pic if you're brave?

~100kg now, was 115-120kg when started cut
190/120/225
No pics

lost weight obviously but still look like shit, gonna try fasting as a sort of "reset" option and rapid fat loss diet so I can start bulking again, properly this time.

Yeah, I've lifted for year, I probably got a gym membership when I was 20 or 21 and I'm 30 now (although for a combined period of a couple of years I didn't have one, and my diet is not on point and I only lift twice a week) and I'm not huge by any means, you can only tell I lift during August after my cut and if I'm shirtless.

Honestly who cares.

I used to feel this but then I realized they have the shittiest body composition ever and having arms that fill out a extra large is meaningless if their gut does, too.

>Time to put lifting on hold
Do not do this, you stupid fuck. Keep lifting and drop calories.

>I can tell that under the blubber there's a very average physique with small biceps and a puny chest
kek, you just described me. Bulked form skinny fat and am currently cutting, that's what I look like. Biceps are shit because I hate training them, and I'm gonna blame >genetics on my chest. I know my brother struggles with building it too.
In any case cutting reveals your weak parts so you know what to focus on when you start bulking. And after two years of bulking it was nice with a break from it, and now I'm getting more psyched to get back at it to change things up.

Did nothing for me composition-wise, and there's really no point to lifting if I can't push the weights I should anymore. It costs me nothing to try this and if successful, it enables me to go on an extended bulk. I might try 1 week on, one off doing some /nogramming/ during the week off, but nothing more.

K, so I guessed wrong and you're far away from dyel mode.

Have you looked into Lyle MacDonald's Stubborn Bodyfat Solution? It's a pretty brutal regime AFAIK and is mainly meant for bodybuilders at around 12% hitting a fat loss plateau, but it might be of help.

Me but that's probably because I never started lifting.

Cliffs? I've seen he advocates mainly a PSMF, but I don't see how that's really a much better option than just fasting, I see little point in lifting anyway when I could have my strength back in a few weeks upon resuming normal eating and then bulk for at least one cycle of sheiko.

Should always cut for your first time lifting, atleast then you have somewhere to work from when bulking

So what are you doing here?

Absofuckinglutely, if anything, keeping the fat impeded my athletic development and I'd probably be even stronger today if I had been patient and built my house on rock rather than lard.

had this same thought today at the pool

>tfw have painstakingly gotten a decent way past 1/2/4 (will probably never get 3) but still look undead because I haven't gained any mass

The gist of it is fasted training, most commonly HIIT followed by regular cardio. Haven't actually read this article, but judging from a quick look it contains all the essentials and Berkhan rarely talks total bullshit

leangains.com/2010/06/intermittent-fasting-and-stubborn-body.html

Almost 1.5 years lifting and still fat.
At least my doc said my liver is now ok/healthy

Might look into it during my week of /nogramming/, I've been doing stuff similar to this but never dared to train fasted.

I'm interested to see what a real extended fast can do for me regardless, experimenting on myself is interesting in itself.

I've done fasted training for quite a while now, it isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. BCAA before/during training is rather important, taking in salt before and during training is absolutely essential, or at least for people with low blood pressure like me.

Yeah, I'll try it for /nogramming/ (since I wouldn't make gains anyway) for extended fasts I'm just gonna hike a lot, I'm done with exams anyway.