Will the new nutrition labels help stop obesity?

The revised nutrition labels are now making their way onto food packaging with the requirement that all food and beverages change over by the end of 2018.

These new labels make the caloric content more visible, but the biggest change is that they finally have a percentage level for sugar.

The sugar lobbyists have been fighting this for decades and was why the Fat Free/High Sugar 90's food craze was able to sell so much shitty food.

Will people look at a can of coke that has over 80% of their daily sugar intake and stop, or do you think this will be another worthless attempt at stopping the obesity epidemic?

Here is an example of the added sugar percentage

I dont get why the us doesnt get a proper nutrition label like most of eu

they aren't actually adding the daily value to sugar are they?
how the fuck did that get past sugar lobbyists?

corporations buying out american politicians.
you can't bribe the person who enforces the law, but it's totally legal to bribe the person who makes the law.

That looks really good. Very clean and neat, and it's incredibly clear what's in it. I think it will probably help, but only in people already concious of these things, rather than Fatso

i enjoy the fucking B I G calories, will hopefully help people understand what the most important aspect is

no because fat people don't care about nutritional value

This
fat people aren't even going to look at it

we need a captcha on food that makes people enter in the number of calories before they can open it.

They might care when their favorite snacks show sugar percentages at 150% of their daily intake

Why have the kilojoules on there?

Not really useful for consumers

>implying they actual read it

When I was a semi fat ass I would never look at the nutrition.

It wasn't until I started getting fit that I started looking at it

holy fuck i kekd

>Australian
>Learn everything about nutrition from the internet, in kcals
>All our nutrition labels have kjs

Wish they would just have both.

>Ingredients make up about 80%

?

1 kcal ~= 4kJ

Pic related close enough

>total sugars
>% is only on the added sugars

My Almonds are tingling

>servings

Do ameridumbs really do this?

You have to understand the EU is entirely utlitarian in its ultimate world view and wants to crush anything that is not metric

Nobody reads them or understands them now, no one will in the future. Only a multibillion dollar advertising campaign over a short period of time would make any difference and the sugar lobby would never allow anyone to say added sugars are bad.

The label changes are just the pathetic attempt by the leeches in government to justify their salaries. Imagine being the fucking loser with nothing to contribute besides "let's move the percentages to the left where it doesn't make sense that will make people healthier xDDDD."

no because they should put that shit right on the front of the box in even BIGGER letters. Thats how stupid the average person is at paying attention when eating

The worst are energy drinks where one small bottle alledgedly contains 2 servings

No, because niggers and spics don't read and can't do math, and they are the majority of the obese in america. So long as they can get chicharrones and flaming hot cheetos and fanta and schlitz on their ebt, there's no help for the problem.