/Fasting/ general

Pic related is me after an 8 day fast

>3 weeks of alternate-day fasting reduces body weight, body fat, and plasma insulin concentrations in both men and women while a diet of 500-600 calories on 2 of 7 days per week induces loss of abdominal fat, improves insulin sensitivity; and reduces blood pressure.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4531065/

>a study in the june 5 issue of the Cell Stem Cell shows that cycles of prolonged fasting not only protect against immune system damage - a major side effect of chemotherapy -- but also induces immune system regeneration, shifting stem cells from a dormant state to a state of self-renewal.
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/

>fasting for three days can regenerate your entire immune system
telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/fasting-for-three-days-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system-study/

>Intermittent fasting, in which individuals fast on consecutive or alternate days, has been reported to facilitate weight loss preventing the progression of type 2 diabetes and consequently improve cardiovascular risk.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4257368/

>Diet mimicking fasting promotes regeneration and reduces autoimmunity and multiple sclerosis symptoms
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4899145/

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28502831/
strongerbyscience.com/reflecting-on-five-years-studying-protein/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

retarded question but do you still lift while fasting?

not op, but you should

>Pic related is me after an 8 day fast
lol no way, I am on finishing day 6 and there is no difference

Really? Obviously not as hard or intense right

op s pic is obvious bait

id like to but my mind goes insane after the first day

like 6 whole days of no eating?

yes, will be doing a total of 5-6 weeks, it is easy now. Felt like shit 2nd and 3rd day, no hunger but huge cravings, I literally go and smell food in the fridge

b a i t

can I sip when fasting?

>
sip what?

>sip what?

confirmed never going to make it

Yes but dont go too heavy unless you know your body well and can handle the load
Yes but dont over do it and make sure its zero cal/surgar
You don't have to do 6 full days, Just start with the basic and do IF then work your well to doing a single days and then do more

Why are you here?

Been doing this combination of keto, intermittent fasting and alternate-day fasting for about 4 days now, gotten noticeably leaner, the bloated look is gone. Feeling a little weak but overall been feeling really good.

You sound obese. it's funny how you talk like you're not an obese fuck

Because you're a fatty

I am not obese, have a bmi of 26 which is pretty high though but it was 30 at it's highest
probably

>reverse search OP's image on google
>liposuction before and after 18 months

something doesn't add up here

pic related

how can I sound obese but talk like I am not? Why do you also have to insult me? Are you mad? Are you the same person that always come in every fasting thread and call people fat and obese? If it makes you so angry it is probably better to not enter

Can I take nicotine gum on a fast? Or, will this screw things up? I don't smoke I just study a lot and I supplement with caffeine and nicotine to help with retention.

Did a 4 week alt day fast (500cal on one day, around maintenance the next). No lifting. Lost 18 lbs of fat barely any muscle. The first 4 fast days were meh facing habbits more than hunger. 5th fast day (day 10) was brutal. Then every fast day after was easy af with habits gone too. Now Im back to bulking after losing 8% (29% to 21%) bodyfat. Any muscle i did lose was back in the 2nd week and its hard to hit macros and bulk calories cause I feel like Im eating a lot.

Skinnyfat beginner

doing 23:1 IF and my sister left a can of red bull zero at home, does this fuck anything up?

>does
It could spike insulin but its not like itll find anything.

You will die if you do 6 weeks, but you are trolling

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28502831/
study on sucralose aka splenda

it depends, did you rape your sister?

Fasted for about 12 days. Here is progress. Just drank water and some mixed salts at night time.

Why? I can't find the study but there was one were a fat guy fasted for a year under medical supervision and he had no signs of organ damage. I'm pretty sure that there have been other studies too

there are also several people on the internet that have fasted for ~4 weeks but who knows maybe they all lie

Been doing IF for some time now, and enjoying it.Usually do 14/20 desu, but seeing some fat loss already after 2 weeks

That boy had medical supervision and drank additional nutrients and vitamins for safety.

I am also taking multi vitamins, minerals and salt. If I feel bad I will stop

Is consuming a protein shake after a work out and nothing else for the day considered fasting? Or should I just cut that shit out to reap these benefits?

Leave a suicide note telling your close ones to notify us on Veeky Forums so we'll know how long you lasted

Fasting of more than 16 hours has minimal effects on fat loss while being detrimental to muscle loss.

Consuming protein, or a the very least BCAA is very beneficial on days you're working out and I would do that regardless

I've been doing 16:8 for 3 weeks. I haven't noticed any benefits whatsoever and I'm irritable and unfocused while fasted and tired after I eat. Is there any point in continuing with this? It seems entirely detrimental.

You need to be in ketosis

I will do a 'fast' by eating only once a day. At work it's compulsory to eat something, so I'll just have some tiny-ass salad.

Will this still help me?

Is eating 600 calories a day in like 16:8 going to help keep muscle at all?

3 weeks and no improvement on mood? Have you been rigid?

go clean your room

Beyond dumb question, but could anyone please explain me what fasting is?

not eating

> not doing fast curls at 20mph

no. you should not eat anything if you're fasting. let the ketosis do the work for you.
nice photoshop faggot what did you do spend 5 minutes in paint?
yes you're fucking with autophagy like a phaggot when you consume caffeine.
okay? what's your point? that you can successfully fast for long periods of time by adding salt to your water?

watwat x2

pic is me
> what is reverse image search

Fasting refers to constantly increasing ones speed. It applies to lifting so that your lifts should always accelerate and cardio vise you should increase your speed during workouts.

>fasting

enjoy losing all your muscles, brehz

strongerbyscience.com/reflecting-on-five-years-studying-protein/

"In 2013, my first peer-reviewed article was published ahead of print in the form of a systematic review on protein intake in dieting, resistance-trained, non-obese individuals. I concluded it with an advisement that such individuals should consume 2.3-3.1g of protein per kg of LBM per day while dieting to maintain as much muscle mass as possible."

Basically this Didn't you see dragonball z? They fast so hard during exercise that their motions blur. Fasters aim to achieve the same effect. Muhammed Ali & Bruce Lee were well-known fasters

I am. 70/25/5

My room is already clean. I've had my first meal at 6 PM and my final meal at 12 AM for the past three weeks.

guys, I've done both a 7 day water fast as well as a 14 day water fast, there really isn't a better way to lose weight asap as long as you're not weak minded. But i have to ask ya'll a question, does a 28 day water fast sound a bit too crazy? or would it be better to do an alternate fast for 28 days? i'm confident i can do either, but i'm just worried if 28 days is pushing it, might try just 21.

Any experienced long fasters here?

da faq is a water fast. Im sorry I just dont know what is it.

For people who are huge and already quite lean, muscle loss is a real issue that should be considered and planned around.

For the average person on Veeky Forums (including you) it is not an issue

you only drink water and eat nothing else, optional: multi vitamins, minerals and salt

how can fast for so long?
after one day i cant even sleep properly

read

Prolonged fasting has added benefits compared to IF. What's your first meal after a 14 day?

(you) made me chuckle

do you take any vitamin/salt ?

mixed salts?

what specifically are you taking?

>you're fucking with autophagy like a phaggot when you consume caffeine.

Explain pls

Planning to start IF. I lift really late though. Can I whey after eating, or would it be better to start eating at 3-4 and finish after I lift. Is 14:10 worth doing as male?

Incredible results op.

Did one of these a few years ago. Starting drinking way too much beer and stopped working out all together. Going to start another fast but with juicing so I don't feel that lack of energy that comes on after the 5th days of no food.

fuck you what is sipping

wot really you should notice a difference just in the flatness of muscles & less distension in your abomen due to the fact you're not digesting anything.

I heard about this recently (from Robb Wolf, I think). It's quite interesting. Does it really help that much?

5 days into my first fast and I'm already struggling not to have something. How am I supposed to go 14 days. Already broke and had an apple 2 days ago.

Uh, yeah.

Nicotine itself is a fairly strong stimulant. That alone should give you an indication that it will suppress appetite.

>Best guess for this image: liposuction before and after

You already fucked it up. You're on a 3 day fast now.

You kind of have to go hermit. Since so much of social activity is based around eating or drinking. Getting rid of all food in the house helps as well as avoiding places that pump out lots of smells of cooking. You are an animal and only have so much will power. Even if you got it set in your mind what you want to do you also got to avoid getting into situations where you tempt yourself and lose sight of the final objective.

Who's talking about appetite suppression?

this all-or-nothing sort of attitude in these threads needs to stop...

You're in a fasting thread, replying to a comment about fasting and nicotine, and you ask.

> Does it really help that much?

I wonder what people are going to assume that's in reference to .. in a thread about not eating ..

kek

Perhaps you should read the original post about nicotine. He talks about retention, not appetite suppression.

Problem with fasting is there really is a 2-3 day period you have to go through after you stop eating. Those first 72 hours are hell on earth as your stomach screams to be filled. After that the hunger subsides greatly and it is easy to go long period. Eating again means he has to go though the long weekend hell of killing his hunger.

>appetite suppression
Stopped reading there, go back to plebbit

Maybe you should take a discussion on nicotine & study retention to a thread about nicotine & study retention.

>someone points out your error
>he must be from Reddit

Or what?

>assumes I was the original poster and not just throwing out bait
Found the real redditor you fat sack of shit

it's not going to be anywhere near that bad after eating one (1) apple. obviously it's not something he should make a habit of, but if he's just starting and he needs an occasional apple to get through, like training wheels, i don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Hang yourself, kid.

Is fasting a bad idea if I work a physical job, I'm talking walking 10-12 miles day, lifting heavy shit, tons of body squatting, climbing ladders etc. I'm going to guess yes?

Kind of my problem. When you fast you lose energy at first and a bit of focus. I work a fast pace sales position and I could tell I was sluggish after a few days without food. I felt fine but I know my mind and body were just a half beat behind my actions.

Where do you work?

Can confirm fasting is real deal. Not only losing weight, but also actually feeling energized like never - doing cardio too those days despite calorie deficit.

Once you past initial stage of constant urging for food, it becomes extremely easy. The only thing to pay attention to is sugar and potassium (salt) levels in blood so you dont feel headaches.

Whoah! I just fasted for 30 minutes and look at my results!

> He doesn't realise there are multiple people replying to him.

smugpepe.mov

>At work it's compulsory to eat something

kek. i would actually suggest you do 23/1 and eat a big meal for your mandatory lunch.

wow thats it for a 6-10k+ surgery? lol. you can get the after pic after like 30 days of moderate exercise

This meme has gone too far. You're posting a picture from a liposuction surgery that can be reverse image searched. You're actively telling people to fuck themselves over in a way that will have long term ramifications. Please stop.

When I fast for 2 days, my body feels like it will suddenly pass out if I went outside. Every action I make feels so light and unbalanced. What do you guys do on really long fasts? Do you still go to work or do you time them to occur when you are going to stay at home all day?

Retard fasting is natural. Keep eating 8 meals a day fatso.

If I were to estimate, you went from 164 @ 25% body fat to 148 @ 20%. Altogether, this would imply 5.5 lbs of muscle loss in 3 weeks. That's terrible by any one's standards. That totals to 4.5 months worth of natty gains lost in 4/5ths of a month. To compound this, the less fat one has on their body, the faster the rate of muscle loss. If someone were to do this starting near 15%, they'd likely lose twice the amount of muscle mass that you did. You totaled 5.5 lbs of muscle loss with 10.5 lbs of fat over about 3 1/2 weeks - you could have aimed for a 1250 deficit and lost 8 lbs in the same amount of time without the muscle loss and while getting to still eat 1300 kcal/day.

take more salt.