Jeff Cavalilere - Athlean X

Is this guy natty?

If yes, why aren't we listening to him? He looks great

If he isn't, are at least his suggestions legit? I like some of his weird exercises, like the triceps pushdown with the step back as you push down the weight.

i dunno, he's incredibly shredded man.

I think are for faggot trend followers, but HE should get a beard desu

That's what I thought too. He also does have kinda big arms for his bodyfat levels.

For the record, in his channel he is absolutely against steroids

Anybody who's income depends on having a muscular physique and being shredded year round isn't natty

he has some followers here, me included

he's super helpful and good at explaining the function of muscle groups and how exercises activate them. even more useful is his advice on how to avoid/rehab injuries and working around them.

His injury recovery videos are a great help. He's gotten me out of snapcity more than once.

he's lean but looks like shit so i'd say he is natural

I prefer reviewing case per case. And the rule is almost always correct, but with Jeff I'm absolutely torn apart, can't decide.

Let's cut the natty police tho - what about his suggestions? For example, he suggests a weird way to do lateral raises, somebody here workouts like he does?

Never listen to the advice of professional advice givers. Their income relies on people continuously coming back for more of their advice. If they give any actually good advice, people would be fixed and stop coming back, and they'd run out of advice to give quickly.

That's why every fitness youtuber's channel has hundreds of videos of "HOW TO AVOID THE BIGGEST (body part) MUSCLE BUILDING MISTAKE" and "HOW (exercise everyone's been doing just fine for decades) IS ACTUALLY KILLING YOUR GAINS". Then when you click on them it's a mix of broscience and half-facts to get you to do something that's functionally the same and just looks or feels different.

Cavalilere says that lifting using specifically 3 sets of 12 reps will net you no gains whatsoever. Hulse says you need to breathe through your asshole to fix back pain. Isuf says you need to do band pull-aparts before pullups to get any lats gains. The "Buff Dudes" say you have to bench with kettle-bells attached to the bar with resistance bands to train your stabilizing muscles. So on and so forth. They just keep pushing a whole bunch of unnecessary shit because that's how they make money. That's why channels like Alan Thrall and Scooby are a lot better, they give real advice on the stuff that works and don't try to force themselves to say something when they don't have anything to say, as being a YouTube person isn't their job.

Pin this to the sticky

jeff pls go

100x this

Well why can't you elaborate their statements with your own critical mind?

>Cavalilere says that lifting using specifically 3 sets of 12 reps will net you no gains whatsoever.
I think the point in that video was to mix up rep ranges and weights, instead to set them in stone. can't really say he's wrong. Even so, 3x12 is hardly optimal for anyone.

I can still agree how their business model is based on videos that more than often are unnecessary, but that's the game and you can't really blame the player for that, just see if the guy offers some really good insight or ideas. On the top of my head I can recall that jeff hates planks and suggests more mobile core exercises, he advocates lateral raises with an externally rotated humerus and with your hands above your elbow all the time, he does rope pushdown with a step back to keep hitting the triceps and avoid the forearm work, he think that regular shrugs doesn't follow the direction of the fibers and he suggests a little twist towards the end.

I don't know you but I've never seen this shit done by anyone else. Hence the question: is he a madman or a genius?

I like his philosophy and after watching his videos I'm starting to break away from my stale routines I've been doing for years. Try his sore in six minutes workouts- they're incredible.

>is Jeff natty

Don't forget he is a turbo manlet.

I'm not saying to not listen to them because they're bad people, I'm saying to not listen to them because the nature of their business means that little to none of what they say is worth listening to. They decide that they have to say something, then come up with something to say. It's like police officers having an arrest quota, they might have arrested all the real criminals already so suddenly jay-walking and littering become serious issues worth cracking down on.

If he was a genius his medium wouldn't be a YouTube channel. There's a reason books like Practical Programming and 5/3/1 gather huge followings, because they're full of actual facts worth knowing. Their authors had things to say, so they said them, only updating when absolutely necessary. They are books written by professional strength training coaches who make a living by knowing how to efficiently and effectively train strength.

Jeff is a professional YouTube video maker who makes a living by making videos you click on. Of course he's going to have a library of content nitpicking every move you do because he makes money off of you going "Oh shit, I didn't know I could be potentially shrugging wrong, I better watch this and learn more" time and time again. How factually accurate his video or how effective what he preaches actually is doesn't influence whether you click on the video, so it doesn't matter to him. He isn't a madman or a genius, he's just a guy doing his job.

He's good, helped me avoid shoulder impingement with db press. Parrot face thou

jeff calfandears detected

>That's why channels like Alan Thrall and Scooby are a lot better, they give real advice on the stuff that works and don't try to force themselves to say something when they don't have anything to say, as being a YouTube person isn't their job.
remove this portion and its golden

y tho

Just watch Scott Herman

what does scoob do for a living?

Software developer of some sort

>looks like shit
Is there anyone Veeky Forums doesn't think looks like shit?

Why, Alan's stuff is pretty good and I've never watched Scooby.

Alan's shit fixed up my big 3 form something fierce.

boypussy

Scooby is shit but Alan Thrall's newest stuff is fuckin golden.

I thought Jeff was also a physical therapist as well

They are better but they also milk videos to get views

plus scooby used to be considered a joke on here, recommending skateboard squats and all lol

Just look at the kid Jeff is training on his channel, he's making great gains so whatever he's doing is working, I think I trust what he has to say

Oh fuck right off. All of those people have given good advice, and lots of it at that.

Sure they do memey shit but everyone does after years of lifting, it's all supplementation and alternative advice and they make it clear

Also
>skateboard squats
Don't forget about those faggot

And everyone who agrees with this guy opinion needs to commit suicide for the sake of this board

>All of those people have given good advice, and lots of it at that.
Do you not see the problem with giving lots of advice? One could almost say that they go out of their way to come up with advice for problems nobody's having to answer questions that nobody asked.

There are hundreds of videos out there by dozens of self-proclaimed fitness gurus that are just giving people what they want, the easy way out. Nobody wants to hear "that problem with go away if you just get stronger". They want "oh shit, you just need to do this one simple trick that will solve your problem", and when it doesn't work they come back only to hear "oh wait, THAT's the problem you're having? try this other simple trick instead".

I'll take skateboard squats over another 13 minute video about how my arms will disintegrate unless I shove some pixie sticks up my ass and sing the national anthem while curling, or I will never plateau on bench press again so long as I wear a green shirt every thursday and jerk off to traps.

>I'll take skateboard squats over another 13 minute video about how my arms will disintegrate unless I shove some pixie sticks up my ass and sing the national anthem while curling, or I will never plateau on bench press again so long as I wear a green shirt every thursday and jerk off to traps.

This sounds like bretty gud advice tho desu. Fucking traps is high-test so jerking off to them would increase gainz at least a 32%.

That pair of biceps are looking way too disproportionate

links?

just look at his HARDGAINER series. pretty interesting

holy shit... u jus blew my fukkin mind bro.

Jeff is the best Youtuber. His videos have clickbaity titles because he IS selling his program. But his advice is really solid. The "3x12 is killing your gains!" video has a cringey title, but his message is to vary your rep ranges and maximize time under tension instead of just mindlessly using momentum to pump to the number 12.

The way he does lateral raises (dumbbell facing up, as in a hammer grip) feels a lot more natural, and his suggestion to do one-and-a-half reps on each rep is great.