Visible Abs

At a BMI of 19 (127 lbs and 5'8'') I can't seem to get my abs to be visible. I can do a decent amount of straight leg raises (from a pull-up bar and a dip stand), and I do core work twice and week.

The only amount of fat I have on me is around my middle (especially the sides and back; it's a minor amount) but I'm afraid to cut my calories anymore because I'm really thin everywhere else.

What should I do? Everything else seems to be coming along fine, but I just can't seem to get my abs to show, even at my BMI. Thanks Veeky Forums.

if you're not eating how tf do you expect your abs to grow? Chances are they're atrophied like the rest of your body.

just cut again, quit being a pussy, it will literally make you look better, even if you think you're so lean right now

So do I cut to show my abs, or eat more to grow my abs? See the problem? Neither seem to be the solution to me. If I reduce my calories anymore, I can't fuel my muscles. If I eat more, my abs will be covered up, since where I tend to gain fat is around my middle.

ab visiblity is not based on bmi, all that matters is bodyfat percentage, measure it, if low say (10% or less) then you need to eat and gain, if high (15%+) then you need to cut. BMI is like looking at car and wondering why it moves like it does, bodyfat checking is looking under the hood.

bulking does not mean automatically gaining enough fat to cover your muscles. I maintain visible abs when I bulk all the time. Don't be afraid to bulk. If you're eating right you will be lean. It sounds like you are in no place to be cutting atm, and are starving the fuck out of your muscles. When you work a muscle but don't let it regenerate it will just die. All thats gonna be visible if you keep cutting are your ribs.

while body fat is usually all that matters, it sounds like OP is currently starving himself, therefore ironically destroying his abs. Pic related, regardless of body fat when you don't feed the muscle there is nothing there.

are you hitting abs hard while cutting?
i mean weighted ab exercises 3 times a week.

you probably have little to no muscle mass and would need to be 115lbs to see abs

Just do a keto diet for about 2 weeks and your good to go, youll have visible abs

Thanks, Ii'm going to get some measurements to get my BMI score. I'm interested.

I'm not cutting, I'm actually trying to gain a bit (I'd like to be 140 or so). I'm working on abs pretty hard, but I'm not using weights; I don't see the point. A lot of cut-looking folks just use body-weight for abs; lots or bar work.

As a guy with an "otter mode" physique I would seriously recommend weights

I'll consider it, thanks.

lmao just BW for abs... yeah if you can do a L sit for 30 secs+ sure. Otherwise hit them with ab wheel, weighted decline crunch, weighted ab crunch with a cable

Same problem here, just a little more skinny. My abs disappeared a few weeks ago

>first two ab rows visible
>third when flexing or laying down
>V line from the sides barely visible/only when flexed or seen sideways but the obliques can kindab e seen frontally especially when I wake up all dry

alright what the fuck, was I supposed to train something to make my V lines pop out?

How to into this mode?

that looks like your average slav a few months after potato season ends

I was the same until literally last month.

The secret is eat more, but eat healthier.

Also sleep more and work out more

I've been trying to eat cleaner lately but I recently moved back in with the parents. Let's just say their diet is shit. Everything is fatty and salty, and it's hard to eat healthy when they cook for most meals. Once I move out again I'll have more control.

I get good sleep, but I probably could start working out 6 days a week instead of 4.

Thanks for the input.

>your

Lift for 3 months

buillshit

being skinny and ripped is like being a fat chick with big tits. doesnt count.

I've been lifting for a year and still am not that muscular

That's a cute and pithy saying, but litterally everyone in the real world will be able to tell you that skinny dudes and small/average chested fat chicks are the norm.

It's really a way to talk skinny kids into thinking it's okay to get fat as fuck.

That's because it's actually 1-2 years of consistent dedicated training or 8 months of gear abuse and a shitty slap dash workout or just anything even slightly physical basically.

lmfao why would you wanna be the norm tho