Veeky Forums Meta Board Discussion Thread

gookmoot approved

i want face aesthetics threads to fuck off to soc

and u????

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/fit/statistics/activity/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

rules to be enforced

Hiro gets payed (or got a lump sum) to allow Monster to shill here. This is a fact.

I've been reporting the feels threads, you should too

I also think we should go back to Health/Fitness so /fat/ threads and diet advice have a better fit

THIS
H
I
S

Ban brapposters

please this. gf threads turn this place into r9k

Fuck off thats's what sets this place apart from gay boards like lgbt and bodybuildingforum

Ban people that create threads about "sips"
This is literally /b/ tier and not funny

>announcing reports
:)
you know what i just did to this candyass post

this
it's so obviously shilling and samefagging
He will probably respond to this with a shit meme

NO MORE HEIGHT THREADS

T. IRATE MANLET

Change the board name back
Zyzz didn't browse fit - fitness

I think feel and threads have their place. Because let's be honest here, there isn't that whole to talk about regarding lifting weights and having a clean diet

i agree with user. And besides there are a lot of losers here who could use the motivation

Holy shit this
Fuck off back to misc faggot

I approve of facial aesthetics threads here
I believe in facial gaines even if those anons will never be able to reach slayer facial stats it's still a good and admirable thing to strive to improve self image, like body gains

This
I have filtered out tfw, hetero, homo, shemale, boipucci, manlet, chinlet, dicklet, height, etc and shitpost threads still make it through by the dozen
I want /r9k/, /soc/, /adv/, /b/, /y/ and /lgbt/ to fuck off to their respective boards

>I believe in facial gaines
Then go to lookism, entire forum just for that
No reason to shit up Veeky Forums with your cancerous threads

I want /pol/ to stay in their hugbox, they shitpost all the same incel shit that r9k does except they also racebait every time there's an opportunity. Tired of seeing cuck/interracial/trump shit all over every other board

Would anyone be up for a bodybuilding general? I'm thinking something along the lines of PLG only geared more towards contest prep, upcoming shows, discussions about professional bodybuilders HST routines, stuff like that.

holy fucking shit
this

>images related to dieting exercise, healthy living and workout plans
can we talk about these /pol/ baiting threads?

Manlet/Lanklet threads are just shitposting

Social Anxiety threads are shit (and attract edgy teenagers from /r9k/)

Sips threads are shit

"What does Veeky Forums think of X?" threads are shit if X does not pertain to fitness

Threads that ask retard-level questions that can be answered by skimming through the sticky are cancer and large in number

Why are our mods so useless compared to other boards??

nothing stopping you starting it, desu I'm of the opinion that the more threads there are about lifting the better, there really don't seem to be that many nowadays - usually there plg, maybe a routine thread, qtddtot, and that's it. The rest is tinder, cbt, feels/mirin, roll threads, fit/fat/thin girl threads, height threads then some other shit. I'm not against them, I think general stuff relating to diet/apperance and discussion about it is good - threads like 'post your height' doesn't really add much to the board. That's not saying I want to get rid of it- if people want to post that shit then fine, I would just welcome more discussion about fitness (cardio or weights) and nutrition over other 'culture' shit

do it senpai

>another chatroom general
no thanks, encouragement of competition discussion I'm all for though

There are good sips memes.

HAY Veeky Forums WILL LIFTING GET ME X RACE GIRLFRIEND?

MODS

TAKE CARE OF THIS

Feels threads have always been on Veeky Forums. Half of the point of the board is autists spilling spaghetti.

>I also think we should go back to Health/Fitness
No. Fuck you. Don't fucking do this. Health has nothing to do with fitness.
Health is having the board be filled with "Hey, I have a rash on my dick. Is this herpes?" Fitness is all about sacrificing health to look good/be strong/be big.

>so /fat/ threads and diet advice have a better fit
Fucking typical. Only people that post on those threads are first year beginner lifters. Fuck off.

You too fuck off. feels has been around longer than you were just cum flowing down your mother's leg. It's been a tradition since Zyzz left us to be sadcunts

go be an emotional whiny bitch where you belong

keep /pol/ in /pol/

Yep. My life got busy and I wasn't on Veeky Forums the last year and a half, the board went to shit. Used to be one of the best but now it's not even worth coming to anymore. I'd love to see a graph of the activity overtime for this board

List of things that MUST go:
>Chad/incel threads
>height threads
>monster shilling /brap posters permabanned on sight
>blatant race baiting/pol tier threads

Things which should be kept to no more than one active thread at a time
>"mental fitness"
>looks improvement (ie face muscle gains, clothes for fit people)
>one general discussion questionably on topic thread (ie Friday night general) to avoid people making tons of feel threads

Some times you want to discuss non fitness things with people who are into lifting /self improvement, but we can't have half the front page being off topic shitposting all the time.

But who the fuck am I kidding there's no mods here.

I think I realized today that the biggest change in the attitude of most of the people on this board is exemplified by:
>How to be alpha
to
>Look at this unobtainable Chad life

Now don't get me wrong a lot of alpha threads were completely retarded too but at least people were striving for something instead of making it seem like success is predetermined and unobtainable through effort.

desuarchive.org/fit/statistics/activity/
Some inaccuaracies. But hell, it's impressive the archive has been up for as long as it has

This is reasonable. This board needs to stop putting others down based on factors they can't control. It's why the fatasses are harpooned (pun not intended) so much; they have a condition they brought upon themselves with their own choices

>we're all gonna make it brah
still needs to be the mantra of this board, in my opinion.

also mods do your job for once and cut the obvious shitposting, goddamn

honestly ask yourself why any little hint of something you disagree with politically on an anonymous imageboard bothers you so much

honestly ask yourself how politics have any place on a fitness board

Fuck, this would be nice.

i miss gingermod

>Fitness is all about sacrificing health to look good/be strong/be big.
>Fitness is all about sacrificing health

One should keep in mind that retards like this are the ones giving you advice on this board.

this is another problem
the last time we did a survey, a majority (89% iirc) of people on this board have been lifting for less than a year and have no idea what they're talking about.

I vote for this

Holy shit, imagine being this much of a manlet.

>tfw you have at least 40 threads filtered at any given time.

No more "feels threads" and shit like "lift for 8 months, shes still not coming back" threads.

No more "facial aesthetics" threads, AKA hey everyone look at my face! take taht shit to /b/ or /soc/

If you see one, name it, sage and maybe even report

The /pol/ baiting threads need to go, where it has nothing to do with fitness. But as far as within threads, you can't just expect Veeky Forums to be your SJW hugbox, Veeky Forums has always had a racist and libertarian/alt-right streak to it.

No matter how hard you scream "edgy" and "nazi".

Move tinder threads to

It's kind of funny but frustrating that basically this is a place where beginners read the sticky (having lifted less than 3 months) and try to tell advanced lifters that they've ignorant because they contradict the "holy scriptures of the sticky".

Whoa didn't know it was that bad.
Then again a lot of anons have poverty OHP stats so I'm not surprised.

There's currently a hundred threads of "I didn't feel like reading the sticky so what to I do" / "how to achieve x body". These need to go and 90% of the problems will be solved. Everyone is sperging out about sips threads but I only ever see one or two of them at a time.

I think that might be actionable.

Moar high test

This is a FITNESS board

Yep. The culture has definitely got a lot more /r9k/ish. The shift from
>tfw no qt3.14 gf
to
>reee fucking normies chad eats pizza and gets stacies while I squat 3pl8 and am a khhv
it's just tragic

fpbp

i have question, what is this t. thing i keep seeing everywhere

lurk moar newfag

It means something along the lines of "sincerely, "
Further reading: Alberto Barbosa

The sticky should be fixed/rewritten.

Fair enough, there are many dead links. But most of what's there is more than enough to answer most of the bs.

I guess, a better sticky would help to avoid some of the dumb
>threads of "I didn't feel like reading the sticky so what to I do" / "how to achieve x body

Everyone of us can help to make Veeky Forums enjoyable again. Just don't anser to dumb threads, name and shame /pol/bait (and remember SAGE is an option), deliver good and useful content and READ THE STICKY

But would it though? The sticky isn't the best rn but if you read it you won't have stupid questions.

I can't even begin to count how many threads I've reported this month that have had more than 50 replies. Fucking janny is not earning his hot pockets, that's for sure.

In addition to the many wonderful suggestions ITT, I think threads that are formatted like: "hey Veeky Forums what do i text this girl? and what's your favorite lift?" should be 100% banworthy.

I agree. The only thing I could imagine is one (1, = ONE) thread concerning girls, relationships and shit – something like a relationship general. Some Veeky Forumsizens need this and so it could be contained.

Unpopular opinion: Veeky Forums is pretty good as it is. Stupid shitposting and a healthy amount of brotherly life-improvement conversation gives this board some flavor. If you want strict, humor-feee discussion there are more serious forums dedicated to it. This is fucking Veeky Forums though, if you try to force people to have on-topic conversation you end up with shit like the generals where it's just a few tripfags jerking each other off all day.
I agree a lot of the "Veeky Forums humor" stuff is pretty cancerous but every board has their own thing like that. The "ban everything I don't like" people need to adapt or get out. The shitposting here is nowhere near what it is on most other boards, and the overall culture here is pretty enjoyable. If you want bland thread after bland thread of people asking the same dumb questions and getting the same falsely-knowledgeable answers, r/fitness is more your speed.

More thicc threads

Nobody is asking for strict fitness though
As it is, you're right, Veeky Forums remains one of the better boards on the site and hasn't degenerated too much from 6 years ago, but there's still big room for improvement
It's just that the sense of community has been lost quite a bit with the sheer volume of foreign shitposting from lookism, misc and crossboarders
Also we've lost our trip culture since time has taken many of them and the remaining oldfags rarely post outside of their /plg/ chatbox

Ban non virgins from this board, check my digits.

Post body

Reply to this post if you want Veeky Forums to permanently merge with Veeky Forums

100 replies needed

Fair enough, if there was an advice general to contain most of the shit I'd be happy

Except the advice you get here is mostly garbage, especially when it comes to relationships and women

Rolling for fit pol lit

/pol/ should go back to their cesspit

Ironically it's better than /adv/ and many other places online

Thought it was how polish people sign off on things

>warm shit is better than cold shit
Still shit m8

I post about monster all the time and i dont work for them.

Merge with /phi/ (philosophy) and you have /ironpill/.

More people shit post about Sips being shills than sip posters do. It's a meme that generates oc and gets people talking about their preworkout rituals it's much more relevant to the discussion then tons of other things nobody bitches.

People need to know when not to post. Reading the sticky does not make you an expert. Watching a form video on YouTube does not make you an expert. So many of the problems on Veeky Forums come from overinflated egos that know a lot less than they think they do.

>Reading the sticky does not make you an expert.

So many people unironically think that. It makes you wonder what's wrong with the modern 4channer?

How about a pain/soreness general? We always have threads about why my elbows hurt and why my shoulders hurt and shin splits n shit. 1 thread to diagnose n complain about how we went to snap City

None of what you said is true though, I never see anyone complain about sips outside of threats like this or actual sips threads, their 'oc' is absolute unfunny shit with the few things that were funny being reused to the point where they're as funny as ragecomics, and those threads are pure shitposting, no talking about 'pre workout rituals' whatsoever.

Why are politics threads still here?

Populated the board with useful threads, there are plenty of those that can be made, report and sage useless shit.

We need a shitposter Holocaust. I may have my political views but I save that for dedicated boards and sites.

Fucking this

Ban qttdtot and fat generals. Generals should be for sports only.

This, people think it is ok to shit the entire place.

>Ban QTTDTOT
Yes, because we are on a shortage of threads with stupid questions.
However I agree with you fat generals, people waste too much energy focusing on it, if anything the same message should be understood in the entirety of the board.

/fat/ is one of the few threads worth reading these days

Because you like to watch people on a endless unfruitful cycle of self-loathing/Self-deprecation and shitposting is why like Veeky Forums. /fat/ is nothing but a grandchild of /r9k/.

bumping