Quitting smoking after 20 years

quitting smoking after 20 years

i know cilia will regrow and start pushing shit out of my lungs—after several months or so—but
I keep seeing shit about honey "clearing up your lungs"

pseudoscience?

>is there anything i can do to clear up lungs faster? I'm trying to exercise and my lungs are holding me back way more than my muscles.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_obstructive_pulmonary_disease
twitter.com/AnonBabble

honey?
wtf no that's total bs

just stopping smoking after 24h later youre already seeing some benefits. wait a few months and your lung capacity should go back to its normal state. might take a few years to undo the damage.
go for a lot of runs. or swimming. both uses lungs a lot

Pseudoscience, yes.

Just keep at it. Maybe cut back on cardio if you do it, until your lung capacity increases

there are phone apps that track how long you have quit for and send alerts when things like blood o2 levels return to normal and when the nicotine is gone from your body...stuff like that.

Yeah bro, you should inhale honey into your lungs. Definitely won't prevent flow of oxygen and suffocate you.

I quit before (couple years ago) for several months. My cardio was shit for months, but indeed, after doing light-intensity running for months, I did get better at it (up from 3 minute jog to 30 minute run).

I just want to cough up tar so fucking bad. It'd be so awesome. Can I just huff acetone?

For real though, can I vaporize/huff anything to help clear lungs out?

No, the pseudoscience claims you just eat some of it and you'll start coughing tar up.

Real honey is like $20/jar because bees are lazy/dead. So I'm curious if anyone can confirm/deny the claim before I invest in honey!!

wait a few years for stem cell cloned replacement lungs to be a thing then just get a new set

My lungs always feel better after a quick cook in the sauna followed by a cold shower.

Dunno if there's any actual science behind that

I was going to do that, but I wasn't using my YMCA membership (doing outdoorsy bodyweight shit right now) so I just got rid of my membership.

Ah well... was hoping for stories of people going

>Yeah dude it's totally legit! Here's pics of some toilet paper where I hacked up some black shit after quitting smoking and eating honey for a few days.

38 is the magic number
if you quit smoking before 38, there's a good chance your lungs will return close to the state of a non smoker
if you survive that long, that is.

for me I grew up with second hand smoke and then smoked and smoked weed from like 16 to about 23. It took me a solid 5 years to really feel good. with my lungs. I was at the point after getting bronchitic for 2 months (too poor to go to the doctor at the time; inb4 muh health care). So after 5 years I could finally be in a dusty room without having my lungs completely lock up. Now 15 years later I can bike for like 3-4 hours up and down mountains and still feel good.. running still kicks my ass and I cant hold a 7 minute mile for anything more than 3 miles.

32 here, but I started smoking a pack a day when I was 10.

Unfortunately not exaggerating, but there have been a year or two where I didn't smoke. Something retarded in my brain got me going again each time...

>7 minute mile
sniff... 15 years ago I could do a 6 minute mile... now I can do a 15 minute mile if I really push myself a vomit a few times...

(cont)

My fucking ex runs several miles every morning... 7:30 pace...

God what I wouldn't give to get my lungs back and run past her on her route...

Or beat her fucking ass in every local race...

Train low and slow to focus on your aerobic threshold.

Phil Maffetones big book of fitness is your new bible.

Nothing can speed up the healing.
I mean sure if you eat right get rest and shit youll have the optimum conditions for your healing factor to kick in.

I quit smoking some years ago, cant even remember now was it 3? 5? idk.
But i do remember that 6 months in or so, i was getting sick like everyother week, runny nose, coffing, the flu and shit.

So good luck with that period.

I'm working up to the 1 punch man workout.

Right now my routine looks like:

20/20/20 pushups/squats/situps
1/4 mile
1/4 mile

Then I die.

I'm hoping to get to:

1/4 mile
1/4 mile
1/4 mile
1/4 mile

>total: 100 pushups/squats/situps, 1 mile jog

After I get there my routine will become:

25/25/25 pushups/squats/situps
1/2 mile
1/2 mile
1/2 mile
1/2 mile

>total: 100 pushups/squats/situps, 2 mile jog

After that, I'll just keep tacking distance onto my runs. So something like:

1 mile
1 mile
1 mile
1 mile
2 mile

>total: 100 pushups/squats/situps, 6 miles (which is pretty close to 10km)

Once I get there, I'm going to start counting days and will be super pissed if I can't beat up demigods with ease after a few years..

wtf, you got sicker after 6 months without smoking?

surely this was just coincidence...

>I started smoking a pack a day when I was 10.

holy fuck

Yeah dude. I wasn't alone. Several of the kids from my neighborhood did and they still smoke to this day.

user its more normal than you think
I had my first cig at 8. started smoking weed and doing shrooms as 12

not the same user that smoked at 10

Just do some breathing exercises to strengthen your lungs, maybe some low intensity cardio at first. Go get a check up at your doctor and maybe they can get you some reading material for quiting and staying clean or some vitamins.

believe it or not, breathing exercises are a thing, you might benefit from them.
If your into it, meditation is along those same lines as it features a heavy focus on breathing control, deep breathing and opening airways.
just don't get swept up in any of that religious/spiritual stuff many associate with it.
helped with my asthma.

steamy showers and humidifiers +air purifiers

Medfag here, honey has a lot of beneficial properties but that's not one of 'em. Maybe you could buy one of those inhalers for asthma patients, that should help a bit. Best course of action is keep exercising and eating healthy. Just wanted to say that I'm glad you quit, good for you and those around you. Cheers!

Medfag again
This.
Also, if you have access to a hill or mountain where you can hike, higher altitudes will help you as your body will produce more blood cells, extra bonus if you sing while you're hiking/jogging.

How much damage gets done to your lungs due to second hand smoke? My dads not quitting anytime soon so I'd like to know how bad it is

your dad needs to quit tarring up the walls and smoke outside.
I endured second hand smoke from pre-birth until I was around 18.
Same user with asthma who posted about meditation.
I got better fortunately as I can endure heavy exercise/sleep without suffocating but that was largely due to my parents finally quitting and meditation/breathing exercises and biking to get away from that environment as much as possible.
>tfw I never knew what a healthy, deep breath sounded/felt like until I was almost 19
can remember it clearly, waking one day and taking a deep, easy breath with no wheezing or phlem.
I used an inhaler once in the last 2 years.
I still have insomnia from my years of struggling to breath when I'd lay down though.
I hope you can get him to quit, I bugged my parents until they did, if not, I hope you don't have to endure it much longer.
smokers are disgusting.

Luckily for me I never had any issues with phlegm, my brother on the other hand...

I've tried to get him to quit before but it failed miserably. My dad is a reasonable person when it comes to most things but the second I mention anything about quitting or a least cutting down we will end up in a massive argument at record speeds. I'd try it again but where were in a tough spot with our fishing season and with him being stressed out constantly I'm gonna get on his case about quitting when it becomes the fall.

I've always been fat my entire life and i am making great progress on losing weight so I'm hoping that I can go to him and say, "I managed to change myself for the better so why not try to give up smoking so you can become healthier" or something like that.

>tfw quitting meat and animal products after 26 years

Feels good

meat = tobacco

In nursing school they basically gave us a little cheat sheet on what to say when asked this question. Fuck if I remember it, but it did say by quitting smoking now, even of you smoked a long time, you will reduce the mucus/secretions in your lungs within a month and be able to breath much easier and cough much less.

So yeah you probably will get cancer and certainly emphysema, but yeah you will breath a little easier if you quit.

>never will have smoker's lung because I only smoke pipes & cigars + dip

when will cigarettecucks learn?

>How much damage gets done to your lungs due to second hand smoke?

See pic.

Also, black lungs from smoking literally don't exist.

what about vaping? i still have the odd cigarette here and there. picked up vaping, is it just as bad?

It doesn't mention the mucus.

Closer to this maybe.

thanks

nice vagina wannablog

how old are you? why don't u move out of ur dad's basement instead of telling him how to live his life?

i'm going vegetarian right now too. so quitting smoking, exercise, vegetarian are all new things to me. feels good

>So yeah you probably will get cancer and certainly emphysema, but yeah you will breath a little easier if you quit.
wait wat? i'm "certainly" going to get emphysema? why?

obvious troll or literal retard

was more-so trying to give a point of reference for the user I was replying to, didn't mean to blog, glad my other two posts were helpful to you though, good job on quitting.

>i'm "certainly" going to get emphysema? why?
Well smokers often know about the risks of cancer, but emphysema is like a hidden word. It is more common than lung cancer and pretty much the smokers disease.

I don't know if it's just as bad but it will make you look like a massive cunt.

>emphysema
I should just say COPD.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_obstructive_pulmonary_disease

Maybe medical science changing accepted terminology is also a problem.

38... seems.. late ...

I thought the magic number was 30?

I've quit around 22 but had relapses until about 25. short relapses, but relapses

sounds autistic

These two pictures are contradictory

One says a smoker can reduce his risk of lung cancer down to 1x within 10 years, the other says it stays at 4x

I found green sencha tea works really good.

Started smoking at 27. Turning 30 this year. Only smoke 3-4 cigs a day but 2 packs over the weekend.

How fucked am I?