Weightlifting shoes

Are weightlifting shoes a meme?

Also, will lifting using slip-resistant shoes (safety shoes?) improve my lifts? Sometimes when I'm using cables I slip out of the correct position.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QdTc2Gv52uI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Are weightlifting shoes a meme?
yes that's why oly lifters and people who are serious about lifting use them

they are for squats and deadlifts only... thye keep your foot in a more natural postion do help hit depth. you shouldnt use them in the rest of the gym unless you want to look like a faget. just buy some vans or chucks with flat soles.

they're not a meme. The higher heel extends your mobility, allowing your knees to go forwards while still keeping your heel on a solid surface

>oly shoes for deadlifts

why do non-lifters feel the need to spew their bullshit on Veeky Forums?

to answer your question: they help with squatting position depending on ankle mobility, and give more ground contact in leg drive motions (e.g. push press/jerk whatever), i.e. useful in oly

Remember buy nice or buy twice

Agree, since oly shoes will increase the average Veeky Forumsizen height by >10% they will make deadlifts much harder to do because of extended ROM

youtube.com/watch?v=QdTc2Gv52uI

it really doesn't make that much of a difference as you think

my point is that conventional DLs are done in flat shoes, e.g. chucks

Of course, there's clarence too lazy to switch shoes for diddlies but they don't bring further advantage in the pull

deadlift is also different from a clean pull

heh, just as you posted it I was thinking of him too for someone deadlifting in olyshoes

If someone wants to edge out his DL I'd recommend flat shoes or barefoot

yeah flat or barefoot is better but if you aren't pulling your 1rm or slightly over it doesn't make that much of a difference

Idk, I don't wear shoes when I lift

I don't even wear clothes, home gym masterrace

these are for sale.

which would you recommend Veeky Forums?

human rebel indoor
adidas stabil 10.0
mizuno wave lightning
asics gel sensei 6

Should I wear weightlifting shoes to add myself an inch of height? No one will suspect anything.

powerlift 2/3

Squatting completely nude in front of a mirror is a good feel

>Are weightlifting shoes a meme?
yes

not available in the netherlands

Has anyone else experienced problems with stability when doing cable flyes?
Either I use low weight and get nothing out of the exercise, or I put on heavy weight and my feet slide away from their position.

Wondering if getting really slide-resistant shoes will improve my lifts...

amazon them from neighboring country

Please wear non-slip restaurant shoes to the gym to avoid slips user kek

ielja strik sports heeft ze

*Sips*

If I weren't a jobless college student, I'd first get ultra boosts. I've been lifting in raggy Chucks for years and no problem here.

>squatting/dead lifting in ultra boost

Are you crazy?

Adidas Powerlift 3 Y/N?

Adipower is a tad expensive for me

pick up some cheap ones, you can grab the adidas powerlift 3.0s for like 50$ on amazon.
If you like the feeling of having a heel/solid bottom then you can invest in higher quality ones eventually

For what purpose?

.6 inch heel gives better leg drive on pressing movement, but are inferior for deadlift and wide stance movements. It also helps those with ankle mobility supposedly.

I have the adipower, chucks and a few other shoes, they make no difference to me. The powerlifts are a step up from chucks but shoes have zero impacts on my lifts personally whereas for others it seems to be night and day.

I bought these to help my squat depth. Seems to have helped, I like them.