QTDDTOT - Going for the one edition

Starting new bread cause the last one is near max

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5-dE9H7ISK3eEIQ48oARl_Sk5e_npKtE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone know anything about working out of asymmetry? My right side is stronger than my left almost everywhere?

Also what are the best bicep workouts that I can put in my PPL split?

How many bicep and tricep exercises do you do when you work arms and what specifically do you do?

I live in a town where the nearest gym is 2 hours away.

I can afford to buy dumbells and of the like. What should I purchase to do at my own home in order to get at least a decent workout? And what kind of workouts should I be doing?

tri:
3x15 pull downs
3x10 dips

bi:
4x10 inner grip curls
4x10 outer grip curls
3x10 dumbbell curls (I do these if I don't do one of my other pull exercises)

I've been doing a brosplit for 5 months and I've made changes (almost out of skelly) but now feel like I've hit a wall.

Can someone recommend an upper lower split routine, or just any tips

How much are you eating?

I'm 18 in Skelly mode, I'm 5'9" and weigh 128 lbs. I'm extremely new to the fitness scene, as you can tell.
-What's a good diet for me? I need around 2,400 calories to gain a pound a week, and 1,900 calories to maintain my weight. I want to make my arms a little bigger so my profile doesn't look like shit.
-What should I eat?
-What are good calisthenics routines to get into otter mode or the like? I'd like to be lean but with a bit more size overall.
-Does that mean I should bulk first then train?
Sorry for the many questions but I'm just way too new and stupid about those so if any fitness exp. Could help me I would appreciate it greatly.

read the sticky

Any experience with, or thoughts on, 50pullups.com?

Getting 170g of protein in a single day seems like an impossible task. Do people really eat 1g/lb?

I felt like this when I started as well. It sorted itself out a bit just doing barbell exercises.

A pound of chicken breast is 100g for ~500 calories. Pretty easy from there.

I have knee pain whenever I do lunges, and sometimes with squats. Any suggestions to help save me knees in the long run? Such as stretches or supplements

Is there anything else that comes close? I love chicken but a pound of chicken breast is literally an entire day's food budget where I currently live.

If money is the concern, that's a completely valid problem. Can you afford protein powder? There's low-fat low-carb greek yoghurts and cheeses that could help you out. Egg whites are an option too. It's pretty hard to get massive amounts of protein without lots of animal products.

I'll look into the powder. It's not so much that animal products are expensive, it's just meat from chicken that is disproportionately expensive for some reason.

Best way to avoid eating due to stress? Somehow I convince myself that I'll be able to energize my way through the day by eating but it usually does the opposite.

Anyone have anything on heavy vascularity in chest? I don't even take preworkout supplements, and they're not varicose, but they legit cover my entire chest and it looks kind of weird. Don't have any pictures of it but imagine your chest looking like your forearm. Do I stop doing 200 pushups a day, or is this a good thing?

How often should I aim to increase to weight of my lifts if im just trying to build muscle?

>at gym this morning - I train then because it's quiet and i hate when it's busy because everything takes 100 times longer
>doing 5 sets of 50kg db farmers walk, same thing I do at end of every session
>i do my fw in area some people use to stretch, do lunges, always make sure it's clear so i have room
>finish 4th set, rest for 2 mins, about to do 5th set when young grill PT and her fat 30s wife client set up to do lunges 1 fucking metre in front of me, they dont say anything
>sperg out
>"excuse me, cant you see im here, wait your fucking turn or ask to work in, dont just fucking set up in front of me"
>they say nothing
>do my set but now im angry and they ruined my workout
>feel like smashing the mirrors
>walk out so angry

i overreacted, but i had a right to be angry eh, stupid fucking pts act like they own the place and dont even have the courtesy to ask how many sets you have left or if they can work in - there as no room for them to do their lunges.

how much should I be lifting before I join a powerlifting gym so I don't look like a fairy faggot

Get a pullup bar and look up calisthenic routines

>Does that mean I should bulk first then train?

no, train first for a couple of week till you get your form sorted and the doms are gone, then start to add 100kcal to your intake, over time you will add more and more, should keep you lean as well as add body mass.

>What are good calisthenics routines to get into otter mode or the like? I'd like to be lean but with a bit more size overall.

check out /bwg/ and the foundation program, i would recommend lifting weights and doing bw exersizes as accessories ( pullups and chins for bi's and back, dips for chest and tri's, pike pushups for shoulders etc.)

im pretty sure people train at 75-85% of their 1rm to get optimum results, so i guess when thats too easy just test your max and see where your working sets should be.

just join, don't ego lift and ask for help if you need it. everyone will be willing to help you reach your goals, and knowing powerlifters, they love to show their knowledge on what you should do.

HIGH VIBRATION GO OOOOOONNNNN

LIKE THE TIME I RAN AWAY

How long/how much should I bulk before starting a cut?

bulk to 18-20%, cut down to 11-13%. repeat.

It's not helpful advice but you just need to stop, cold turkey. The cravings will be bad but grazing is a horrible habit and adds up fast. Occupy the stress eating with anything else: coffee, ice water, sparkling water, jumping jacks, stress toy: ANYTHING else

Powder is the cheapest protein gets, depending on where you live. If they ship it to your area, try MyProtein. The flavors suck and it mixes like shit., but it can be as low as like 30 cents a scoop which is crazy.

What does Veeky Forums think about doing a single compound lift per day and then doing cardio? I wanna lose weight but I don't want to lose strength. For example
>I go in, I flat and incline bench, then hop on the treadmill for some HIIT.
>day 2, I deadlift then HIIT
>day 3 cleans and HIIT
>day 4 squats and HIIT
>day 5 OHP and HIIT
tossing in some pullups/chinups here and there
thoughts?

actually the 1g/lb thing is a myth and has more-or-less been disproven. Bodybuilders showed no visible advantage or muscle growth with any amount of protein above 0.8g/lb, and these are bodybuilders we're talking about. Most average lifters don't need more than 1g per pound of lean body mass, so around 120-150 depending on your body.

if you can already do multiple sets of 6-8 pullups in a row you should be doing isolation exercises.

if you can afford it and if you have room, get a power rack and keep an eye out for used weights.

There's no point and you shouldn't do both every single day. If you can get multiple exercises in a single day that won't impact your next workout, why not just do them on the same day? Plus, it'll give you more energy on your off days to do HIIT if you insist on doing that.

hey Veeky Forums

so, long-story short I'm a semi-recovered fatty who has been yo-yo-ing between 172 and 180 for the last year. Mainly due to repeated failure to keep up diet and job. I finally have a stable income and schedule and have gotten back on track of regular lifting and diet.

But that being said, I've basically been doing SS this whole time, losing gains and restarting them over and over again. I've added on a couple accessory exercises but I'm still probably about 15 pounds from my goal weight.

...what do I do at this point? My lifts are all pretty mediocre (210 squat, 225 dead, 85 press, 105 power clean, 115 bench) and I feel like switching to another program is pointless since I don't have good strength yet.

Can I gain muscle from bodyweight, I cant use weights until my bulged disc heals.

Just started SL last friday.

Is it bad to use a tempo for the lifts? I know it's about strength but I've messed around with lots of stuff and gotten stronger but not bigger. Would it be a waste to use a tempo?

I usually use a 2-1-2 tempo. 2 second eccentric, pause at top/bottom then 2 second concentric. I do this for squats, bench press, overhead press. I only do a tempo for the eccentric part of the barbell row and no tempo for deadlifts except a pause at the top.

tl;dr: Is using a tempo affecting gains in SL program?

GSLP + RECOMP

creatine - before or after the workout? I can't find any compelling evidence either way

I've still got 15 llbs to lose though

and what's GSLP?

...why would you ever take it after a workout?

my hips are all janked up.

the best way to describe it would be it feels like my right side of my lower body is pulled back while my left side is pulled forward.

should i be trying to pull the left leg back or the right leg forward? if so, how so?

It really doesn't matter, creatine isn't something that you intake and BAM LETS LIFT THIS SHIT LIGHTWEIGHT BAAABBBBYYYYYYY, its more something you have to take consistently over a period of time to actually work. I take mine after a workout just because I put it in my shake.

I fell for the anabolic window meme and just never got out of it I guess.

Im mainly looking to lose weight, but I don't want to lose my progress on these lifts.

Awaken was a good song desu, rest of the album was meh

didn't get the cover either, who's the naked homo?

red pill me on accutane boys

This might be a long shot, I'll try anyway:
I want to thank the friendly user that recommended Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation (RICE) to me like a week ago. I had injured myself by dumbbell curling incorrectly and was having tendonitis pain for 2-3 weeks.

Thanks to your advice I was able to recover within 2 to 4 days. Thank you!

Which is a better split for most gains, UL or PPL and why?

hey Veeky Forums, I went from 105kg to 73kg in one year of dieting, I'm 170cm, 73Kg with 16% bf, I've been doing 90 pushups, 90 squats, 90 sit ups and 30 pull ups a day and also 8km of fast walking for 1 month now but I can't seem to find the motivation to go to the gym because I'm a lazy fuck

Can you give me some inspo on how I can get in 2/3 months of gym regime so I can feel motivated?

Wrist pain during barbell curls. Form check?

How is the anabolic window anything other than a meme? It takes your body hours to process the protein in your food into muscle, and if the 30 minute window does real then the muscles worked out at the start of your day are getting fuck all. Exaplin?

>90 pushups, 90 squats, 90 sit ups and 30 pull ups a day
>a day
Why not every other day to allow the muscles to frow?
Also, once your gym time has become routine you'll find it much easier.

When i'm in bench position, my left shoulder hurts. It's been like that for a while now, something to do with joint? Should i press on or avoid bench?

I'm around 150 lbs. I'm consuming around 110g protein a day. Do you think this is enough? I'm seeing so many conflicting things here

Why does everyone here say you can't get fit if you're a vegan? Is it just protein and creatine?

Take a break from benching for a week and try again. If it's not improved completely, take a month off. If that doesn't fix it maybe see a physio or drop the benching.

If you'rejust beginning, there's nothing wrong with it, but as the weights you're lifting get heavier, those tempos are going to become unviable to maintain

I do it 6 days a week, I wrote it wrong, my apologies

It feels like my left shoulder is weaker than the right. I've only just noticed it properly. No pain or other stress, but I just failed out my dumbell overhead press 3 reps earlier than usual because my left shoulder gave. It actually buckled under the weight, whereas my right was fine. Last session with dumbell OHP I did think it was slightly weak, but not to the same extent.

Is this uneven muscle development or the beginning or an injury?

Not much better, try doing it every other day (3/4 days per week for each muscle max) or splitting it up and see how you gain. But since your main goal is losing weight you can do cardio every day.

I'll try, thanks for the advice

>here round about in jojo
>here long distance runaround, southside of the sky and seen good people play at work constantly
>get reccomended closer to the edge by manager
>now this

Yes is taking over my life and i love it

>low-fat low-carb greek yoghurts
This. 90g of protein for around €2.50.

Vegans can't really get the full amino acid profile + essential fatty acids needed and have a hell of a time getting enough protein.

Aren't foods like quinoa complete proteins? And how much protein is really needed? It isn't too difficult to get 150g without animal products

If I miss my daily protein for this day, can I catch up the next day with a surplus on protein?

Lol idk man I'm just a slav memelord fuck

I'd say yes.
You gotta have a broader outlook and count your weekly calories/macros, not daily.

>It isn't too difficult to get 150g without animal products
Really? How so? Honestly curious.
Nah, just stick to your usual routine. The unused protein will only be stored as fat and one day is not going to make a difference. Do you get fat from eating too much on one day only, or thin from eating less for a day?

Is there anything wrong with doing pullups and dips every second pause I take from squats? Will I get the same results as someone who does them separately?

>Do you get fat from eating too much on one day only, or thin from eating less for a day?
No but my autism for my macros affects my confidence for my next lift

Isn't there a limit to how much protein a person can process in 24 hours?

I guess, but the body is capable of A LOT.
Lift hard, eat hard, get big.

I'm 6'2, 200 lbs, and I thibknk I look dyel, at what weight would someone of my height be considered big when lean? Been wondering for a while.

Is it stupid to try to cut on just chicken breast and protein shakes? My shakes have peanut butter, banana, and oats too, so it's not like I'm missing out on fats and carbs entirely. I also take a multivitamin and a few other supps to help make up for any dietary deficiencies.

Anyone ever had hernia repair surgery? My mom had one yesterday, and it was minor but it wasn't keyhole surgery so it hurts more. Hurts a lot to move.

How long does it take for the pain to subside significantly? Not nice watching her struggle :(

I'm about 130-135 lbs and I feel fat every time I try to get a bit bigger and end up cutting as soon as my belly starts to stick out, but my arms still look like sticks, I find it very hard to put on muscle. Is this normal? How do I overcome this?

Try have some veggies at least, they're low calorie and have fiber (which you'll miss if you only eat protein shakes and chicken breast, and constipation on a cut feels horrible).

eat 500g of vegetables every single day user

My girlfriens has had two back surgeries because of hernias, gimme a sec, I'll ask her

She told me her scars started to hurt less after a month, and back pain diminished after half a year, after her first surgery. The second one wasn't as bad; scars stopped hurting as bad after 2/3 weeks, and back pain was less after 3 months. But it never went away completely. It's been two years now.

if im infantry will I lose all my gains out in the field? is it even worth lifting

Also, she started coming to the gym with me in december, and made some decent progress. From not being able to run on a treadmill for longer than 10 minutes without her back killing her, to squatting 40 kgs for reps, and being able to do pull ups afterwards.

Pls respond

i wanna know this too

Thanks user. Wishing her back a full recovery

Nah dude, might fatigue you a bit more, which might cost you a rep or two on the squats, but if you feel like you've had a good workout at the end of your training session, what's the problem?

A brick of extra firm tofu can have up to 80g protein. A cup of cooked lentils can have like 20g, chick peas and various other beans are in that same range. Nuts and seeds don't have as much, but there is still some, a cup of pumpkin seeds has 12g. Soy milk is similar to cow's milk macro-wise. Pasta is also a pretty decent source. There are inexpensive vegan protein powders, too.

if you could halve your lifts to double your aesthetics, would you?

sup lads

Doing SS right now, but I'm having problems with my weekly schedule.
My plan is to go lift Thu/Mon/Sat. Like that I'm alternating lifting/resting days, I can go to rugby practice on Wednesday without pre-fatiguing myself by lifting and it fits well with my schedule for university.
The problem is, I'm not an antisocial shut-in, so I usually get some drinks friday night. Which usually turns into 15 beers or more, and there's just no way I can go lift on saturday at noon. (gym closes 2PM).

What should I do?
>Just try to stick to this schedule as good I can and end up with only 2 lifting sessions per week most of the time?
>Move the Saturday lifting to friday - giving me two consecutive lifting days? (Mon/Thu/Fri): And extra day lifting, a rest day missing
>Move the whole schedule to Sun/Tue/Thu - which sucks for my uni schedule and only works if I don't have game on Sunday. (And I don't drink saturday night)
>Move it to Mon/Wed/Fri - I'd have to lift Wednesday morning which sucks and I would be pre-fatigued for rugby in the evening.
What seems like the best option?

May I ask for a form check?
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5-dE9H7ISK3eEIQ48oARl_Sk5e_npKtE

Can I regain my strength?
If not, no way.
Does it include FACE FRAME HEIGHT aesthetics?
If not, no way.

If yes to both, probably. It'd just throw me back a couple of months of training to become chad.

Also fatty here. I've been doing a whole body routine too using compound lifts just like you for 4 months.

Then I switched to a brosplit and my lifts exploded. It's weird at first because going from the bench to butterflies makes your chest feel kill, but I think it's exactly this kind of attacking the muscle from all angles that did the trick.

Try brosplit.

no, it halves your 1rm or potential 1rm,
your aesthetics double, subjective to you, it can include FFH

I was afraid it would hurt my gains.

lift twice a week and go hard on those days
>strength is an accessory to life, not the whole point of it

Is there a science to supersetting antagonist muscles? What's the benefit?

I'm currently supersetting OHP and chin ups on one day and bench press and chin ups on another.

Maybe symptom of impingement syndome.

Make sure your arms are in a 90 degree angle to the floor when on lockout and try to touch right below your chest instead of going straight down. Also see if you grip too far apart.

I was supposed to do Deadlift but I had no energy to complete even the first working set. The form was alright so I blame cutting.

You're alright. Though the angle of the cam is really shit.

Try holding your head in a neutral position and move your eyes watching the floor instead of the neck like a chicken.

Is it normal that my arms go to sleep after doing push ups? They start tingling like my foot does after sitting on it for too long.
Also: I feel buzzed (almost like I had a beer or two) after about 30 push ups, does that mean that I'm not getting enough air?

I'm in a tricky position right now.

I've begun training 7 months ago, but i started to really care about my diet like 3 months ago. I've gained some mass and i'm stronger than i was but now i'm ultra skinnyfat. Should i fuck aesthetics and bulk through summer or maybe try to cut ?

Any antatomy experts know what this bit of the elbow/tricep is called? keeps giving me pain during chinups

I think it might be called the Anconeus muscle or Lateral epicondyle
but seems too low when I see a diagram

hm. Let's say my potential maximum is 2/3/4/5.
Halving that would put me at 50/70/90/110 kg. 1RM. Those are skinnyfat dyel tier lifts.
The quality of life improvements I would get from higher lifts/strength far outweigh the advantage of being "aesthetic". Fucking lots of thots isn't really worth being a weak ass faggot.

I think with a different ratio I'd do it. Something like lose 1/4 of my strength and become 1.5x or even only 1.25x more aesthetic.