There is no reason to do curls

just pullups variations/rows variations

look at gymnasts or weightliters that dont curl

>they still do some faggot bends instead of doing heavy shti pullups and get overall strong

kek fucking idiots

pic rel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kwEkO7_0sYU&t=9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's a little thing called 'Good Genetics', Tim.

most people here cant do pullups for shit, either they skew the ROM or they just do bodyweight without doing weighted ever

Keeping those 2 points in mind I could argue curls would be better for them. Even though what you are saying is 100% true

>just pullups
What if I'm too fat and weak to do a pull-up, smart guy?

It's always either/or with the autists on this board. Why not be a normal person and do pullups/rows and curls. Curls are easy to hammer with volume w/o affecting recovery, they don't take a lot of time to do in the gym, good for elbow health, and will definitely make your biceps bigger.

Most of the real arm development in gymnastics starts happening with straight arm leverage work, especially iron crosses, planches, and malteses. So bust out those rings and get to work boys

use bands and cut?

youtube.com/watch?v=kwEkO7_0sYU&t=9s

fat powerlifters own pullups too

also wendler says that he dont curl for shit and he just goofs around 3 or 4 times a year doing them

Chin ups.

>dislocates elbow
t-thanks

>just do pull ups
>a 25lb curl vs 150lb pull up

nah brah you won't dislocate your elbow, just shred your tendons

it's mostly about genetics though.
I can do 5x5 +70lbs pullups at 172 body weight and my 'ceps look pretty average.

>172 bodyweight
>ceps looks average

makes you think doesnt it

I do both so what now faggot

>realizing pullups and rows are just curls with unwieldy machines
>you have ascended my son

>doing both rather than do more difficult pullups than you do

kek idiot

so you think people should do 8+ sets of pullups?

I'd rather be a normal sized human that does a few sets of curls a week than a 5'4" joke that can flip around and has arms that look like tumors.

>roiding manlets with a pump have 16" biceps so curling is unnecessary

>more difficult aka more reps

guys im afraid we have a retard here

I used to think biceps were vanity muscles and just doing chins would be enough. But now I do highland games (caber toss, where you toss a 150lb tree) and sometimes strongman and I don't know many truly strong dudes that don't directly train their biceps.

Most heavy stuff you deal with in real life is awkward and impossible to put on your back. Usually you carry this stuff with your arms. And so if you want to be really strong, your bicep tendon needs to be very strong. Difficult to increase tendon strength without high rep direct bicep work in a full ROM.

do dis

but gymnasts do curls

Never ever, unless you're like 250lbs and trying fart an iron cross right out of your ass without joint preparation.
You're gonna tear ligaments and muscles at worst.

t. actually tore bicep on rings 2 years ago

Try one-hand chin up progressions sometime, bro.

This is so stupid, ofc everyone does pullups, but there is nothing wrong about adding a few sets of curls at the end to increase the volume. If you try to increase the volume on the pullups to much you will soon be experiencing various pains.

Oh why didn't I think to buy a 4 metre elastic band, wrap it around one of the many poles in my house then stand on it!

Stupid me lifting heavy objects like a pleb.

>look at gymnasts or weightliters that dont curl
Gymnasts are literally professional turbo manlets. You'll have a hard time finding a elite gymnast that's over 170cm
> torso and limbs as short as possible
> top tier mass building genes
> training since 3y old

no wonder you're a fat fuck

keep that attitude and you'll always be what you are

Pull ups are a back exercise you dolts.

ok, do a pullup without using your biceps at all

>what are compound movements

>manlet
>good genetics

then post your no-curl arms so we can laugh at you

cheat curls are an underrated compound movement

i weight 165 and can do chinups with 90 lbs yet i still look like shit

Steroids are an underrated supplement

Overload the eccentric

>tfw a little boi gymnast can crush you like a grape

>what's your favorite leg exercise, user?
>well, I really enjoy the bench press

They also roid out the ass lmao

Ever heard of a assist machine sarcastic Fat man?

Except pull ups directly work both biceps and back while bench works almost entirely upper body. A better analogy would be recommendating deadlifts for a wider back

wtf is that picture? can someone give me a rundown?

This. It's fucking excruciating

You can just put it on your pull up bar you lazy nigger

kekd, user

>look at gymnasts that dont curl
There is no such gymnasts, you moron

negatives, jump up and slowly go down helps a lot as well. You have to be consistent and do it every fucking training day.
Once you get one, it gets easier. Once you're at 5, you'll improve very quickly

retard kys

According to who jackass

the pullup involves both shoulder extension and elbow flexion, which makes it primarily a back and arm exercise

not to mention the chest, tricep and serratus anterior involvement because those get worked aswell

Weightlifters do girls religiously to prevent injury.

Why do you think they wouldn't?

but they do curl

Curlz

i can chin 330 pounds total (185 bw + 145 added) and bench 320 paused. i have 15 inch arms. fuck your compounds

>i have 15 inch arms
lmao is that supposed to be impressive?

no, the opposite.
>fuck your compounds

Jesus fucking Christ stop being a bunch of training hipsters and do both.
Heavy pull-ups/rows (heavy as in close to failure) combined with direct arm work.
It's repeated because IT WORKS

Yea its much simpler to train like a manlet d1 gymnast than do curls.

Autism

This. They also get their biceps from using their arms when they are completely locked out/hyper-extended in addition to being masters of pulling motions since 6 or 7 years old. Its considered poor form to have arms bent and small. All motions (on rings especially) must be controlled with locked arms with wrists turned out.
I was a gymnast until I graduated high school and my Triceps have grown to fill in the the hyper extension so my arm looks straight when it's bent the wrong way.

The secret is actually legless rope climbs.

Go buy a 10 ft piece of manilla rope 1.5 in diameter and tie it to something and climb without using your legs.

Afterwards try and curl your arms, your biceps will be sore like never before.

how to achieve strenght to be able to climb rope without legs?

pullups x inifnity?

Learn how to climb a rope using your legs to assist. Gradually use them less.

Are you really too dumb to figure that one out?

You think gymnasts don't curl?

Put one hand over the other, pull, repeat. Swing your body a little if necessary, but you'll look like a faggot.

>he thinks gymnast don't do curls for elbow conditioning
>he thinks gymnast don't curl on rings

I fucked up my forearm doing negatives because I was really weak, go down too fast and puts a lot of force on your wrists.
I did a few sets of lateral pulldowns every day and that helped. I can do two pullups now

>weigh 165
there's your problem bucko, eat up.

What would be better for bicep growth? Chin up or pull up?

Curls.
Don't choose a pull-up variant based on bicep growth. If you want bicep growth do curls.

You should do pull-ups over chins imo.

tfw I would do pull ups if there was a place to do it without paying for gym

>not living in a city with an outdoor gym and using your friend as extra weight.

I haven't even owned a gym membership in the past 4 months and still making good progress.

Are these popular in European countries? I've never seen one in the states...

Regardless, why are you concerned about your progress when soon your country will be under sharia law?

Dude a pull up bar is like $12 and you can just hang it over a door.

I know ,but my door frame is not strong enough for it and would just break

>That's my clitoral hood!
Please tell me Jim isn't going to be the next Matt Kroc

i just do both, I thought thats what everybody was doing

there's really no playground near you?

>posts a manlet on the best gear money can buy who spends several hours a day training

what a terrible thread

>can strict preacher curl 45s for 3x10
>only 15" biceps
>arms have zero definition even at 12%bf

Curls are a meme but I can do weighted chins and pulls like they're nothing too.

Someone said preachers would help me get a crease/bump but three months on and still nothing.

Fuck these super long inserts. My arms don't even look like I lift.

Post pic of arms, might be dysmorphia.

And when you curl, remember to work the muscle. You're going for a squeeze, not to lift the weight.

There is ,but instead of having something like monkey bars, it has a bunch of weird shit like tires on chains.

A combination of chin-ups as a warm up then bicep variations works best if you group biceps with back.

Curls are one of the most useful accesory lifts for pulling movements like deads and rows imop. Also you should always be doing your pullups regardless of routine.