Wtf is wrong with me?

I've strained my abs about 4 times now and I think I've done permanent damage.

Basically now I have weak abs and whenever I train them with any challenging intensity they ALWAYS fatigue and strain.

Its not painful but basically what happens is they stop working.

I can't do a single sit-up without momentum and it feels like my abs move under my sternum. They just stop working.

Then a few days later everything goes back to normal until I isolate my abs again.

What the actual fuck is wrong with my abs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y64YIxGZFMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fatass

Situps are shit anyway. Do planks till failure. Once you have basic strength, add hanging leg raises.

gonna keep it short, you gonna die

you done torn your abdominal wall, moron

You've missed the point. My abs are broken.

Don't say that. I don't know what to do about it.

:(

Were you able to use them properly before? Go to a doctor.

Weird. I guess like any muscle the abs could have limited range of motion. You might want to do something like tai chi, not as a primary exercise, but as a rehab program. Do it for a week or two and then slowly incorporate situps, planks, leg lifts at relatively low volumes.
Looks kinda gay but stretches your abs pretty well without putting too much force on them:
youtu.be/y64YIxGZFMQ

if it's this OP, you are fucked... worst case scenario is operation and give goodbye to lifting

Basically what happens is my abs go back to normal until next time I isolate them, then they stop working and feel as if they raise into my sternum when I lay on my back.

A few days later they go back to normal. The issue is, it happens every time I train my abs.

Why do you think its a limited ROM issue?
I've never been able to do hanging leg raises so maybe?

Its been like this for many months now, and I've lifted just fine, so I don't think it is.

It doesn't hurt either. My abs just stop working...

Also, take the 'chi' stuff with a grain of salt. You really just need to slowly move your abs through a full ROM without using so much force that you strain them. You could do a hula dance for all I care but you seem to have an issue of overworking yourself and following a video strictly will prevent that.

How often do you train them? Give them two weeks rest, if it still happens, then go to a doctor.

Its been like this for months. I don't train them often at all because of this issue.
Light core work is fine, its just when I do core work with high intensity.

Also I am enlisting soon and this might disqualify me from joining so I can't go to the doctor...

If someone's calf lost strength when they did seated calf raises but showed no signs of a tear, I'd assume the relevant muscle and tendon was too short or poorly activated by the motor neurons to work properly. The solution would be to slowly work on mobility in the calf. Same principle for your abs.

also Do you deadlift, squat, frontsquat?

I deadlift and squat yeah. That's interesting you suggest that, I'll definitely try those ab stretches.

Well it's your health.

might as well go to the doctor. It's not like you'll be able to train in the service if you are fucked up. Plus they aren't going anywhere, get your shit sorted out first.

Good luck with those bad gene abs user
Take thjs

Is that an urn for my ashes?

:(

My tummy :(