Says he trains pretty much like a bodybuilder

>says he trains pretty much like a bodybuilder
>trains one, sometimes two bodyparts a day
>the world strongest man does a brosplit

Veeky Forums has lied to me

Does he mention when he pins? I thought not

listen up retard he lifts so fucking heavy plus hes basicly obese so he only has enough energy for 1 thing

you are NOWHERE even close to his strength level, so dont compare yourself to him. Always baffles me when dyels copy advanced roiders

>benefits from biased judging because it's HIS TURN
Congrats mate

Thor fucked up that last rep. Also he really deserved to win, not because it was his turn, but he was the strongest man there.

Yeah, feel free to train like him. It's pretty effective, provided you can incline bench 585

>hes basicly obese

Really now?

The guy packs more muscle than you ever will.

he is natty

Steroids greatly increase your recovery time, you can easily lift 6x a week or even every day if you want

This is actually common amongst top tier strongmen.

The reason WHY is that they train the events so much, no energy left for any more than each bodypart 1-2 times a week.

thats not mariusz pudzianowski

LOL NO

Eddie demolished everyone.

He was after thor, so he knew he only needed 15 reps. If Thor had done 15, Eddie wouldve done 16.

Now sit the fuck down and accept it.

Eddie Hall WSM 2017

Which they do, they do events.

The gym training is after all really only assistance for the events.

Que? I thought WSM 2016 was just a few months ago? The one in Bostwana? At least that's the first I saw of it on youtube.

Anyone have a full link to 2017?

they air it in december before christmas. it was actually a full year ago.

the full footage is not available until christmas

Call me when hall can move the fucking log further than thor

They always do the competition sometime during the first half of the year and then air it around christmas.

The reason for this stupidity is because britbong tv wants it like that.

>best squatter
>best presser
>best pull

>somehow not world strongest man

really gets the noggin joggin

reeeeeeeeeee

yet people get mad for the results being spoilered like 7 months before online every damn year. amazing

He's not basically obese he's morbidly obese because he has a BMI of 52.4 (185 รท 1.91^2 =52.4) and the definition of morbid obesity is a BMI of 40 or higher .Assuming his height and weight on Wikipedia are correct.

Which people would argue is muscle, not fat. Still though, that puts a retarded amount of strain on the heart.

Magnus Ver was the judge and he owns the gym Thor trains at. Eddie won fair and square.

He aimed to win WSM once and then cut down. He'll drop down to a lean 150kg

There's gotta be a full link somewhere?

>what is ruling against your bro on purpose so nobody can claim bias
this some meta level shit right here

Obesity in people with a big amount of muscle can't be measured by BMI. But yeah, from the looks of it this guy as an unhealthy amount of fat, being strong and muscular doesn't mitigate the health risks of being a fatass.

Read the thread.

>weighing 190kg at 6'3 isn't healthy
no fucking shit. He knows himself how bad it is for him, that's why he's cutting now he's won WSM. He's still accomplished more at that size than almost anyone else.
Being the first man to deadlift half a ton is a bigger milestone than the 4 minute mile.

Yes, he pretty much has to sleep with a oxygen mask. Now that he won WSM, he's gonna cut and not gonna compete on WSM again.

I know, only airs December. But there's no other option?

I guess until then I'd need to use people's phone recordings.

Yep, there are vids of the events on youtube. Highlights include Shaw faceplanting after doing stones and Z nearly no-repping an overhead event.

None that I know of. Not that I care, I'm fine with knowing who won and waiting to watch the whole thing later. It's retarded but I've got bigger issues.

>Shaw faceplanting after doing stones
note to self: watch that part on repeat and kek like a retard

He did stones after injuring his hamstring again. That's becoming a bit of a habit for Beta Brian

>world's strongest man

Halfthor was cheated, it should have been a tie.

oh, I thought it was because of exhaustion or such. well, still fun to cackle at in schadenfreude (as much as I like him usually)

Yeah what is a "double dip" anyway?

No it shouldn't
1. Hall went after Thor in the Viking Press, so you don't know if he'd have done 16. In any case, it was a legit no rep. He clearly double dipped.
2. Hall took it easy on stones, waiting about 15-20 seconds to see if Shaw loaded the final stone. He got the 4th stone up quicker than Thor, if he'd tried the 5th straight away he might have even beat Thor on stones as well and won by several points instead of one.

In the Viking Press you aren't allowed to jerk the weight, it has to be a push or strict press. Thor was effectively push jerking his last few reps, and the last one got discounted.

not pressing straight up but going back down again ever so slightly to get it up with a bit of momentum (as in, OHP vs. push press). as far as I understood it.

Are you under the assumption that the other competitors in wsm are natty and that is the norm for that level of competition?

kek I fucked that one up, but I hope you got what I meant. beat me to it anyway.

wrong
push press is allowed. Double dip is a jerk, i.e. keeping the bar (viking press handle) at the same level and dipping under it with your body, i.e. "lifting yourself" under the bar

You don't need gear to lift six times a week. This is the only way I started getting bigger.

yeah I noticed and admitted my error in I had the right thing in mind but was distracted.

by posting related memes on another forum no less. life finds a way.

Your 6 day brosplit is not 6 days of intense strongman training. You definitely need gear for multiple events sessions per week on top of incredibly heavy normal lifting.

Nothing wrong with a split if you train enough days of the week.

It's just stupid if you train two or three days per week and then effectively only hit every muscle group once per week. You would be better of doing full body compound exercises on all two or three days instead so you hit each body group twice or thrice per week. Otherwise you are wasting gains, no muscle takes a week to recover.

No one implied that.

But what works for one ELITE level lifter on a mountain of gear wont work for novices/intermediates

to be fair, I was just pointing it out because if only strict would be allowed you wouldn't see any reps except maybe eddie doing 1-2

I think at the last WSM everyone was push pressing at the big barbell (?) press exercise whereas eddie just borderline strict pressed the 150 kg or so after cleaning it, he has insane pressing strength and it's good to see that honored this year

I love strongmen getting lean, Big Z and more recently Robert Oberst were instant goal bodies.

forgot pic

>Obese actually lost the fat
I'm impressed

Yeah, he dun did good.

Eddie couldn't really push press for a long time due to knee trouble. His 216kg strict axle at Europes this year was ridiculously impressive. He nearly strict pressed a 220kg log a couple of years ago as well, locked it out but lost balance as he did.

I'd let lean Z plunder my booty without mercy, and I'm usually as straight as can be. WHY BONER

don't get carried away now user

>216kg strict axle
I just shed a tear and I don't know if it's from joy or from realizing that I will never reach that.

too late, way too late. I mean, I love the sport as a sport and inspo for being stronk for motherland myself, but we're on Veeky Forums after all.

Jesus fuck, how does he get out of bed without powderizing his bones

Oh I realise that, my response was mainly a reply to the first guy who seemed to imply that because he's extremely muscular he was not obese, because he is/was.

I missed the WSM 2017. He was still round at 2016. Was he lean like this at 2017?

>give up being a top-tier strongman to be a mediocre MMA fighter
Why though

HOLY FUCK this is oberst? Jesus he got aesthetic as fuark

Yup, he posted that pic the other day I think. I don't think I'd ever say this about another man but I can't wait to see some shirtless pics.

This bullshit is also why the Arnold is taking a fair bit of ground from WSM, because the Arnold isn't run by literal dinosaurs.

Well yeah but your 6 days aren't:

Back biceps traps
Legs abs
Chest triceps shoulders
Back biceps traps
Legs abs
Chest triceps shoulders
OFF

That's literally my workout

delicious thorfag tears

he's a fucking manlet, not even as tall as a typical woman zozzle

Got pic with height/weight?

>training 2 body parts a day means you're doing a bro split
Literally tells you NOTHING about his programming lmao

still fat

On his movies he says

"My training is bodybuilder style"

He wasn't that lean for the contest, but he was noticeably smaller than previous years.

The judges didn't throw it, but the organizers certainly put him in the best position to win. The events that weren't cherrypicked were modified to benefit him and he was put in the easiest group for the heats.

I like to think he meant to tattoo 'the best' on his biceps but misspelled it

3 grams of gear a week and a 10k calorie diet you can do shitty iso work all day and still be a monster.

It was actually supposed to say "THE FEAST".

christ
he looks like a man who could swim through bedrock

>modified to benefit him
elaborate

>3 static and 3 dynamic events with weight light enough that eddie failed because of cardio not strength
>cherrypicked for him
Pick one Thor

Hes 6'3''

For the stones they eliminated the run up and lowered the platforms compared to previous years. In the viking press they changed the rules to allow you to stop and start.

Nothing damning on its own, but there were a lot of things this year that just so happened to favor him, and I'm not inclined to give the WSM organizers the benefit of the doubt since they have a history of pulling shady shit and pushing favorites. It's not even that the changes are bad, it's just asking a lot to assume they're all coincidences in context.

lmao sure he is

5'8 is tall for a jap dude too.

he looks like a jojo but shit

he's a turbo manlet lmao, 5'6-5'8 at best

Isn't he a manlet?

hm makes sense. then again, eddie was dead set on winning this then leaning down for health reasons, so having him lose and train at that weight for another year, then attempt again would probably have killed him right in the middle of the fucking event. i'm more of a thor fanboy than i'm willing to admit but maybe this was for the greater good kek

You actually believe any top performing powerlifter is natty?

Go away Thor. You lost.

>/ourguy/ lost

Damn..

If anything I'm most curious what a guy his level does for his heart. Cardio routine, meds, whatever.

>fatfucks
>cardio

>he wasn't in the live thread
Our guy won you fucking newfag.

Eddie Hall isn't our guy he's a fatfuck anglo

Hes actually a pretty good swimmer.