Skinny, want to gain muscle...

Skinny, want to gain muscle. Read a lot but one question: what if i workout properly anf take protein when im supposed to and even eat well (nuts, lean beef, chicken, eggs, veggoes, etc) but aside from the protein i only eat 1-2 average sized meals a day? Is it all for naught?

I cant afford to eat 3 or more elaborate meals a day.

so long as you get your proteins and calories and vitamins it don't matter much
two meals a day is fine. though you may get hungry mid day but if you can deal with it, it's fine
man did not always east breakfast, lunch and dinner

doesn't matter how many meals you eat

Realistically you can bulk on one meal a day, meal timing doesnt matter at all

only problem with this is that if you only eat 1 meal, let's say lunch, you'll get hungry by dinner time

If you're skinny you probably can't stomach eating enough food to grow in 1-2 meals a day. If you can, it's fine. Just count your calories and track your weight. If the scale isn't moving you need to change something.

I dont mean to suggest number of meals or time of day, i realize any time is ok.

In other words if i cant afford to eat that many calories

GOMAD

Explain

Drink a gallon of milk a day with some food

Ah,ive seen that posted a lot. Is this a meme? Why milk over other calories such as meat?

It's not a meme, you just drink a gallon of milk on top of your solid foods.
So you have proper foods in between, but a gallon of milk will give you about 2000+ calories (depending on type and brand) plus all of your fats, protein, carbs, etc.
Ignore the sugar content though, it's lactose and perfectly healthy.

Normal ass milk fine then? Guess i might as well use that instead of water for protein shakes if i need to down that much. Cheaper than 2000 calories of food...guess i'll just have to compare shit on my own

Thanks for the help

its a meme. Nobody in their right mind drinks 4 liters of milk a day. The point is to eat a huge caloric surplus, lift heavy and sleep to get big. The need is not needed, but just easy drinkable calories.
Buy a 2kg bag of peanuts and eat 100g a day, they around 600 calories. That + your normal meals should at least put you above your TDEE. Stay away from everything sugar.
Start using more butter when you cook, same with oil.

After workouts I eat 300g pasta, drain it, put 50g butter and 50g parmeggiano. 1300cal and dirt cheap.
200g Oats with milk, greek yogurt, frozen berries and a banana is easily 1000 calories as well. Bacon, eggs and wholegrain bread is calory dense as well.

Do not fall for the gomad meme, please. There are other, cheap ways to bulk and you need not shit liquid for half a year doing it.

*the milk is not needed

If you are getting sufficient protein but not sufficient calories you won't gain weight and you won't gain any significant amount of muscle mass. Preferably you fill the rest of your calories up with carbs (rice and oats are mostly composed of complex carbs and very inexpensive). If you have trouble eating enough calories, you can GOMAD or start drinking olive oil (pure fat, around 330 cals per shot worth). These should be last resort options though as they are high in sugar (for milk) and fats (for milk if it's not skim and for olive oil). If you aren't gaining weight, you probably aren't gaining muscle mass given you have a skinny body.

So yeah i really nead calories huh.

Getting a nonshit job would help

Thanks for the help

>It's not a meme

>butter
>olive oil

Isnt this just asking for a heart attack?

dunno about butter but i use olive oil daily for years to cook and on salads/pasta

Both butter and olive oil in regular dosages are completely healthy, especially with a balanced diet and exercise. Years of overeating a lot of fatty foods compounded with other unhealthy lifestyle choices will lead to increased possibility of a heart attack yes.

You can bulk on a broke ass budget... The food might not taste as good though. I know I can buy a 50lb bag of uncooked rice for under $25. That's alone should last you a very long time even if you go to town on it

Yes. Im not talking about 500g butter. Just add a little more than you are used to.
I also suggest learning at least how to cook pasta correctly. Lived with Italian roommates and its very simple, yet makes a huge difference. French cuisine is very technical, needs a lot of specialized ingredients and tools. But Italian cuisine is about quality of ingredients and much more reliant on intuition and feeling. Pasta carbonara is god tier bulking food, and really tasty if you do it correctly.
>Bake bacon in oven.
>Bring water to boil, put a fair amount of kosher salt into it, water should be murky
>Once water boils, pasta in for 7-11 minutes, taste to see how they are
>wooden spoon, stir every once in a while so the pasta doesnt stick to the pot
>Drain, but save hint of starchy water in the pot
>mix three eggs, pepper and parmesan in a bowl
>low-medium temp, put pasta with water into pot
>add egg, parm, pepper mixture, stir
>add bacon

Should be creamy and smooth, easily 1500 calories, lots of protein, tastes like heaven, 10-12 minutes. You can also make a lot of it and save it for later