Other urls found in this thread:

strongergrip.com/kettlebell-alternatives/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for women and faggots

for people who think they are special, and they are too good for good ol' bars

>omega from anonymous forum for anime lovers thinks Yuri Vlasov is a faggot
lol

also they tend to think, swinging old timy russian piece of steel is useful irl

Legitimately useful tool for some specific cases, but extremely overrated by normies.

you should save dollaridoos by getting the handle from strongergrips that you can load plates on to. its the only way to get a 450lb kettlebell swing

I started doing them between squat sets. Really like it, trains your whole body, great conditioning. Dont listen to insecure faggots like above

They're dumbells that hold the weight vertically from the handle as opposed to horizontally.

>kettlebells
Great for warm up and great for conditioning. If you think that conditioning isn't important you are DYEL

link?

Good for strengthening stabilizing muscles and improving explosiveness

It's a weight

This, weight is weight. Unless it's a 40lb dildo, lift it.

strongergrip.com/kettlebell-alternatives/

the prices might seem kinda steep, but you have to consider that heavier kettleballs (103lb, 206lb, etc.) cost almost as much or more. I don't really know how well they'd work for stuff like kettlebell shoulder presses and whatnot, but for swings i don't see it being any different

Good for goblet squats and some ab exercises. A lot of people give them a hard time because of memey excercise classes, but at the end of the day, they're just weight shaped difrerently, and that is useful for certain excercises.

I doubt anyone who shits on them on here actually knows that much about them and what you can do with them.

For lunks

A great extra piece of equipment to have. Fun change up to a routine. Not meant to supplant barbells, dumbbells, machines etc.
Same as calisthenics. Do it all, use it all.

they are great. good core exercises. pushpress. very convenient for at home because they take almost no space. you can do insane HIT sequences with them

deciding between kettlebell or dumbell/barbell is like asking a carpenter deciding between saw and hammer.

using both for its purpose is the way to go

>Not benching lmao2dong

you can build moderate size but it will take u years 2 progress 2 double LC with 32kg or up 2 44kg 4 training sessions if u are starting as a dyel. If u just wanna be fit and are ok with doing mostly the same 3 full-body workouts than it's a great tool

It'll be hard to become massive with kettlebells, but you can get a very decent body with the heavier ones plus weighted dips and chin/pullups. The only exercise for which the barbell is clearly superior is the deadlift.

Sure crossfitters make them seem douchey, but they're great tools.

>$120-150 for a pipe with a handle welded onto it

What exercise do you do? what set/reps?
I'm about 1234, and I sometimes swing a few times with a 32/44kg between sets just to activate glutes, but I'm not sure how I'd go about actually training with them...

They are godsent for warming up for workout if you don't want to run and stuff and can be acceptable for musculature if heavy enough.

They're for hipsters who don't know that the barbell replaced the kettlebell because it is superior in every way.

But it's different, so you can feel special.

you can use it for conditioning (though there are lots of other useful things to do for conditioning), but for strength and size it's significantly inferior to training with weights.

>Yuri Vlasov is a faggot.
well due to the pick you posted, I think that now too

something Id like to try out but my gym only has light ones and they are never in order on the rack so I just dont bother

>not reading pavel tatsulini
kys fag

>t. cuck without any accomplishments from anonymous forum

>tfw bought a kettlebell because i have no space for a bench or a barbell
>refuse to go to the nearby gym because i don't wanna pay monthly and they are too focused on cardio machines

i bought a single 25kg kettlebell after doing basic training with 10-16kg dumbells,
i found it very enjoyable to use with a good list of stuff to do with it.
the only con i found is that once you get used to one weight, you'll have to buy another one and the cast ones are rather expensive, unless you got for the alternatives of course.
i'm myself thinking it's time to buy a new one but i don't know from how many more kg.

i grew fond of my kettlebell to be honest, but that's coming from someone that really have minimum room space and low budget

Good for strength and conditioning, not great for mass.

Most combat sports have the majority of their weight training based around kettlebells, better for explosive movements etc. Somebody posted Anthony Joshua's training regimen after the klitschko fight and it was honestly just kettlebells with the odd trap bar deadlifts thrown in.

I thought I could deadlift a reasonable amount and one day somebody challenged me to do 100 consecutive kettlebell swings, it was harder than I expected but I manged it. But fuck me I had DOMS for about a week, clearly it worked a neglected muscle group.

Dr Pavel Tsatsouline is the Don, in a world of over complicated routines and people trying to outdo each other with the newest and best, he breaks things down to the bare bones.

Weight training doesn't need to be complex.

Dr Pavel?

>who is valery fedorenko
u fall 4 the comrad marketing of pavel, fag

I'm CIA

>insane HIT sequences
Any recommendations?