Can anybody provide proof that barbell deadlifts can cause SPINAL injury?

Can anybody provide proof that barbell deadlifts can cause SPINAL injury?

I see it claimed that this is the case so often, but never have I seen any conclusive evidence.
Is there any video evidence of it happening?
Lets be clear here, I'm not denying it is possible, I'm simply asking why there isn't any evidence of it.

Things that are not an argument:
>insults
>appeals to "common sense"/conventional wisdom
>anecdotes
>reductionist statements like "please prove that putting a heavy load on the spine is dangerous to the spine"

Things that are an argument:
>video evidence of a barbell deadlift causing spinal injury.

Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gNMUTXljGWs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mfw when I see that pic
youtube.com/watch?v=gNMUTXljGWs

> Can anybody provide proof that barbell deadlifts can cause SPINAL injury?
There's abnormally overwhelming anecdotal evidence of it all over internet discussion boards from people who have bulging or herniated discs from deadlifting who had no such issues prior to deadlifting.
> Is there any video evidence of it happening?
Not likely because injuries to the discs are cumulative and the pain occurs after the fact unlike, say, a broken bone or torn muscle which would be easy to see in a video. Furthermore there are videos all over the internet of people hurting their back deadlifting. To assume none of them are spinal is mental retardation and autism.

no relevant arguments. Please get out of my thread unless you have the proof I asked for.

My argument is perfectly logical. You're not asking for evidence or proof which I just gave. You want a video with a doctor note which is unlikely to ever occur because nobody is trying to prove the overtly obvious. Please get off my board you autistic retard. You've been given an excessively large amount of evidence and keep ignoring it. Have fun with being ignorant.

>You've been given an excessively large amount of evidence and keep ignoring it.

Nope.
I'm asking for something specific. If you can't provide it then just say so. I'm not using that as evidence against your irrelevant claims.

I'm just asking to see if there is any video evidence of spinal injury occuring during a deadlift. Why does that touch your nerves so much?

The lack of what you're asking for has already been explained nor does the lack of what you're asking for disprove the fact, proven through other evidence, that deadlifting directly causes injuries to the spine, specifically to the soft tissue discs in the spine. No amount of repeating for the same inane form of evidence will change these facts. No matter how many times you ask for the same thing, the superior proof that deadlifting causes spinal injuries will still be there.

>You want a video with a doctor note which is unlikely to ever occur because nobody is trying to prove the overtly obvious

then why is there so many videos of other lifts causing other injuries with a description or comment about the details of the injury?

I never asked for a doctors note, stop strawmanning you should be above that.

Why are you posting here if you don't think there is any video evidence? Thats all you had to say. move along.

> then why is there so many videos of other lifts causing other injuries with a description or comment about the details of the injury
Aside from the perfectly valid reasons I already gave, it can take months of xrays and exams for a doctor to diagnose herniated or bulging discs by which time the injury video has already been posted long ago.

What causes injury from a deadlift is already having pre existing conditions that already were present even before touching a weight and were never remedied. Which is a majority of inviduals who step into a gym. Also, who would upload themselves being injured doing a deadlift into YouTube.

Never said that. My conclusion is given the overwhelming amount of self reported evidence seen discussed online, it's unreasonable and illogical to conclude none or the back injuries seen on video are spinal related. I'm certain many of them are, they just don't know exactly what was injured at the time for reasons already given here

Stop moving the goalposts.
If you can't provide what I ask for then stop posting.

You could say that above every injury. They'd never occur if you just flawlessly conditioned every part of your body and moved perfectly all the time. Fact is deadlift, if not performed near perfectly, exposes your spine to an astronomically high amount of newton forces. It only takea the tiniest for mishap to fuck your back beyond belief, far more than any amount of lifting you'd do outside a weightroom.

I'm not denying your conclusion. What I'm asking for is irrelevant to what you think.
Stop posting if you can't provide what I ask for.

I'm answering YOUR question. If you don't want unrelated answers, don't ask.

I'm going to keep posting to remind you and others that what you're asking for doesn't disprove the fact that deadlifts cause spinal injuries.

Until you say in your OP that you acknowledge deadlifts cause spinal inuries, I will be here. Not that you don't deny the possibility, no, that you accept it as a fact but want a video of it for morbid curiosity, in spite of the perfect explanation you've been given as to why you won't find any.

>you're asking for doesn't disprove the fact that deadlifts cause spinal injuries.

I never said it does.
You're proving a point that nobody is disputing.
And you're moving the point away from the original question.

Why are you so desperate to be right when you don't have the answer. Just admit it and move on.

Go watch Pete Rubish videos. He just injured his spine deadlifting. As a result he's changed his deadlift form drastically. There's your proof No go hang yourself from a palm tree retard.

>video evidence of herniating a disc from shit form

Hold on let me dust off my good old mri camera you braindead retard

Op I'm not The guy your responding to and I do agree that deadlifting with proper form and utilizing body mechanics and leverages properly will never result in injury. But if you think the pic in the op will not have problems if he continues to lift like that then I strongly advise you to do your deadlifts like in the op and see what happens. And by the way Maby just for the future if you ever decide to get educated and have a peer discussion of any matter you might not want to go about it like this because you will immediately put a target on your forehead and anyone who is an actual intellectual will annihilate you.

that depends on how heavy you go, and how far you take your progress, no?

On a lift like deadlift it's go big or go home. The benefits from deadlifting come from being able to move more weight from the deadlift position. If I don't go heavy I see no point in doing deadlift over any number of other lifts. And herein lies the problem. If you're off on your deadlift by a little you can seriously injure you're spine.

the way you formed the question already outed you as massive retard

>do deadlifts cause injuries
yes they do when they are done improperly, and theres decent risk of injury even when done by professional lifters due to weights used
>do cars cause accidents
no its people driving them improperly

this board gets dumber by the day

Why did you post this thread again

What the fuck are you doing with your life, it's pathetic