Why did everyone look healthier in the 80s?

Why did everyone look healthier in the 80s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rf4aVYj-m_M
youtu.be/4ORsKc-ce6I
youtube.com/watch?v=SVf7NBncUy0
nytimes.com/2013/02/24/magazine/the-extraordinary-science-of-junk-food.html
youtu.be/6rdNPQwEYIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nLzjm9E1hwg
youtube.com/watch?v=x1NAhlVRaZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Sib0pDY33P0
youtube.com/watch?v=Lc5zUFDXzLw
youtube.com/watch?v=hmhDAe6hj4c
youtube.com/watch?v=smzJ6b48enM
youtube.com/watch?v=Nqe7jPX6DQY
youtu.be/sJVQJ4-n_cA
youtube.com/watch?v=a0ZkhlJUQAM
youtube.com/watch?v=RYtVf0wvPpc
youtube.com/watch?v=qFfybn_W8Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=JXtujxT9rzA
youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3lwVAwHdI
youtu.be/9dCEHXw34P8
youtu.be/sDhoHOidGeM
youtu.be/X8hiZvxLRHY
youtu.be/wRBWrAf4laM
youtu.be/SYmPpteNHqo
youtube.com/watch?v=ua33ffcq8n0
youtube.com/watch?v=-nC5TBv3sfU
youtube.com/watch?v=AW2dxRr05gk
youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zNO-MyN1bWg
youtube.com/watch?v=mbd3QQ9O8_w
youtube.com/watch?v=tDwigW9wLHA
youtube.com/watch?v=Yt_suj7fKhE
youtube.com/watch?v=4MSxmY6rf8A
youtube.com/watch?v=KXyYi20w3ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

more people are obese af now

i blame globalization and fast food

real answer: not every one had access to a free camera on their phone so pictures weren't as widespread as they are today
when pictures were taken they were usually taken for a reason aka not selfies
so that's why whenever you see a picture from the 80s its usually someone having their photo professionally taken and you know damn well no fat fuck has their photo professionally taken

meme answer: FUCKING FEMININSM AND HAES MAKING EVERYONE FAT AND FAT PEOPLE DIDN'T EXIST 30 YEARS AGO REEEEEEE LOOK AT THIS CHERRY PICKED FEMINIST I FOUND ON TUMBLR THAT CONFORMS TO MY HATRED OF WOMEN AND FAT PEOPLE

wow ur actually so smart

Less dank memes

Less prevalence of TV and video games. People actually were physically active on a daily basis.

>FUCKING FEMININSM AND HAES MAKING EVERYONE FAT AND FAT PEOPLE DIDN'T EXIST 30 YEARS AGO REEEEEEE LOOK AT THIS CHERRY PICKED FEMINIST I FOUND ON TUMBLR THAT CONFORMS TO MY HATRED OF WOMEN AND FAT PEOPLE
>meme answer
tits or gtfo, roasty

however, there are many more fat people than there used to be. It's a combination of both. That said, you're acting like cameras were expensive in the 80s. They really weren't

More Synthwave!

youtube.com/watch?v=Rf4aVYj-m_M

This. Most people were out of the house almost all day on account of nothing to do there. Computer's were pretty much for work purposes only with no Internet, minimal Tv channels, and extremely basic video games that you'd rarely spent more than 30 minutes playing before you got bored for the day.

cameras in the 80s were cheap as fuck, just about everyone had one. how can you be this retarded?

feminists are all well and good, but haes/fat people should literally be gassed

because they were
went to hs in the 80s, we had two fat kids. TWO.

Cold war

youtu.be/4ORsKc-ce6I

synthwave is the only way we can fix this dying country

youtube.com/watch?v=SVf7NBncUy0

>its usually someone having their photo professionally taken
This is what millennial retards actually believe

Less fast food, less sodas, less candy.

You didn't have candy at the checkout of every department store, hardware store, electronics store, etc.

I have never bought any of that impulse candy on the shelf but many people do.

Because cameras had lower resolutions that doesn't show skin imperfections. Also people didnt spend hours on the internet 'n shit

Nice

>#WhateverItTakesToNotExercise

in the late 80s food conglomerates started pouring billions into R&D, literally hiring hundreds of PhDs to figure out how to food the most satisfying and the least filling.
nytimes.com/2013/02/24/magazine/the-extraordinary-science-of-junk-food.html

>what is a polaroid
>FUCKING FEMININSM AND HAES MAKING EVERYONE FAT AND FAT PEOPLE DIDN'T EXIST 30 YEARS AGO REEEEEEE LOOK AT THIS CHERRY PICKED FEMINIST I FOUND ON TUMBLR THAT CONFORMS TO MY HATRED OF WOMEN AND FAT PEOPLE
fat cunt detected

I can't imagine what it was like to be in your prime back then.

At least 95% of the girls were skinny. I heard they were all easy lays also. People just liked to interact, hang out, and party more.

Economy was going well, music was awesome.

Maybe it's nostalgia for a time I never got to grow up in, but it seems pretty sweet.

I do love having the internet though. I don't think I could go back to a different time knowing the internet exists in the future (This implies I couldn't make billions by investing in it)

>real answer: not every one had access to a free camera on their phone so pictures weren't as widespread as they are today

Jesus christ

You are a litteral child. It was the 80s, not the 50s. Everyone a camera, film was cheap as hell.
>Professionally taken
>Taken of a reason
You are a fucking dunce. I have literally boxes of old pictures from when I was a kid. Most of them are shite but you only knew after getting them printed

this is now a synthwave thread
youtu.be/6rdNPQwEYIQ

Yeah, no. I was alive in the 80s. I looked back at my old yearbooks and saw the 'fat kids' would actually be considered 'average' now days.

Look at any obesity data from then until now and you will be sad.

Post your favourites!
youtube.com/watch?v=nLzjm9E1hwg
youtube.com/watch?v=x1NAhlVRaZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Sib0pDY33P0
youtube.com/watch?v=Lc5zUFDXzLw
youtube.com/watch?v=hmhDAe6hj4c
youtube.com/watch?v=smzJ6b48enM

real answer: less influence of the jews

It just struck me that millennials don't understand the pain of politely having to look through the most boring fucking photo albums at someones house

>you just gotta see the pictures we took at X

I remember doing that as a going child. Born in 91.

o fuck

I remember this shit

god no

"check out these pics I had developed" as they hand you a stack of 200 pics

People were less fat in the 80s.

Is this some kinda HAES bullshit

Mein neggers.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Nqe7jPX6DQY

speaking of, should I cop?

Because they were

The US was significantly less obese

Because they changed the definition of obesity.

High fructose corn syrup was only invented in 1976

We weren't as retarded back then as we are today.
The food pyramid was different, and people knew that being overweight wasn't some mystical genetic voodoo.
That and people weren't as lazy and unproductive as we are today.

we didnt take photos of fat women in the 80s because no one wanted to jerk off to pictures of them
now hot chicks, ah heck yeah everyone took pictures with them

I can promise you we are healthy now than we even were in the 80s. People smoked a lot more in the 80s. People still smoked inside in tbe 80s. The difference between then and now is that there is a greater divide in lifestyles. We are healthy because we choose a healthy lifestyle. Today there is so much more info and resources to live at peak physical conditioning if you CHOOSE to do that. The problem is that many people choose to not give a fuck and that is the other end of the spectrum. Unhealthy people can get unhealthier than ever before and healthy people can get healthier than ever before. It's just two new extremes.

In miami

youtu.be/sJVQJ4-n_cA

This is true.

I had this conversation yesterday about pasta & rice. As a kid I asked my parents if pasta was 'healthy' and they said yes, so I ate a ton of it.

Excess Carbs, blood sugar, refined carbs, etc wasn't even a thought to most people back then.

Even fatasses know that shit now, they're just too lazy or don't have willpower not to eat mass quantities of it.

My parents & grandparents never ate as healthy or exercise as much as I do now.

because they were

now we have processed food out the ass

carpenter brut is honestly the best imo, every one of his songs is cum inducing

youtube.com/watch?v=a0ZkhlJUQAM
youtube.com/watch?v=RYtVf0wvPpc
youtube.com/watch?v=qFfybn_W8Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=JXtujxT9rzA
youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3lwVAwHdI

heres ur reply

Bro youtu.be/9dCEHXw34P8

>not mentioning Mitch murder
Dude
youtu.be/9dCEHXw34P8
youtu.be/sDhoHOidGeM
youtu.be/X8hiZvxLRHY
youtu.be/wRBWrAf4laM

cameras weren't expensive but the nature of film cameras meant you chose your pictures carefully

just about everyone had one

Sure bro. You'd totally know even though you were born this side of the millennium

I went to high school in the 2000s and our high school of 600 people had 1 fat kid but I'm not american

Forgot pic
Mitch murder is by far the best synthwave artist, he has a whole album dedicated to the 80's. A strong second would be perturbator for the cyberpunk feel and his sexualizer album was gold. youtu.be/SYmPpteNHqo

lads chill youtube.com/watch?v=ua33ffcq8n0

bro check out GUNSHIP.
youtube.com/watch?v=-nC5TBv3sfU

This guy has taste

Because they were. They were healthier because people consumed fewer processed carbs and added sugar.

because obesity has risen since then.

no sugar jew

can't get into anything else other than carpenter brut, believe me I've tried
no other synthwave artist I know of really produces shit as distinct and as intense as his

youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ

Hell of a lot of people in this thread seem to think

>most people owned a camera with a photo-limiting factor that they sometimes took with them places

would result in the same number of possible photos as

>nearly everyone owns a camera that's constantly on their person and can upload thousands and thousands of shots to the internet for permanent storage with no processing time

/thread

I can't belive no one has mentioned cocaine yet.

Replying to this post rn

I'm against globalization. But how did it affect national obesity levels?

Colorado confirmed for "Making It" state

>thinking that only degenerate youth use Veeky Forums
Some of us grow up into degenerate adults y'know

Mexicans and blacks have much higher rates of obesity

Ha no one replayed your post

youtube.com/watch?v=zNO-MyN1bWg

Even though I have a decent collection of synthwave, I just realised that all my favourites are mitch murder.

youtube.com/watch?v=mbd3QQ9O8_w
youtube.com/watch?v=tDwigW9wLHA
youtube.com/watch?v=Yt_suj7fKhE
youtube.com/watch?v=4MSxmY6rf8A
youtube.com/watch?v=KXyYi20w3ZY

Most like "last to fall to the hoardes of hamplanets" state

It won't last long

Not as much sugar/carbs in everyone's daily diet

real answer: not every one had access to a free camera on their phone so pictures weren't as widespread as they are today
when pictures were taken they were usually taken for a reason aka not selfies
so that's why whenever you see a picture from the 80s its usually someone having their photo professionally taken and you know damn well no fat fuck has their photo professionally taken

meme answer: FUCKING FEMININSM AND HAES MAKING EVERYONE FAT AND FAT PEOPLE DIDN'T EXIST 30 YEARS AGO REEEEEEE LOOK AT THIS CHERRY PICKED FEMINIST I FOUND ON TUMBLR THAT CONFORMS TO MY HATRED OF WOMEN AND FAT PEOPLE

I'm stealing this lmao

Look at children lately, obesity rates are LEGIT on the rise. This isnt some kind of "oh well we just didnt know before because fat people use to tend to dwelling in caves a decade ago"

eberybody was on coke

You can literally see their bulging pubes through the swimsuit.

Great, isn't it?

YES BITCH MITCH MURDER FUCK YEAH MY DUDE HOLY SHIT

>I wanna be friends with someone who also likes mitch murder

They had money.

try reading the stuff you post before actually posting it.

pretty fap worthy picture. got anymore?

Cocaine keeping everyone slim

Never got this gay meme. Why not listen to real music from the 80s instead of fake retro music thats shitter than the original stuff?

What the fuck happened in the 90s?

Because promoting carb diets over high fat diets is one of those comedic tragedies.

Make people eat food that blocks leptin and expect them to be skinnier. It's a joke.

I'm convinced the vast majority of people who call themselves "nutritionists" are outright frauds.

Have a classic
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

hello, roastie

Bill Clinton.

>people with high levels of concentrated poverty have high levels of obesity
that's not "globalization" maybe you shouldn't have been racist fucks who forced blacks to live in ghettos and forced them to eat shit food for generations

>It won't last long
it's already over. I live in Denver. There's no shortage of fatties here. It might not be as bad as the rest of the country, but it's still disgusting when you go in public anywhere except the hiking trails.

Just remember this is the level of mental bandwidth some posters on Veeky Forums have the next time you take advice from this board.

>Synthwave
>Not Krautrock, Italo Disco, the Miami Vice sountrack, or any actual music from the 80s

>obesity levels today are the same as they were in the 80s, we just think they're different because camera phones
mate you might actually be retarded

>feminists are all well and good
no. First, HAES is a feminist cause. Pic-related, these courses are part of Women's Studies at several universities now. It's feminists who are pushing this.
Second, outside of fitness/HAES, feminism is an awful movement which has prevented male victims of rape/DV from getting help, separated fathers from their children, shut down discussions of men's issues, and gotten rid of the traditional gender roles that benefited men while fighting to keep most of the traditional gender roles that benefit women. Feminism is not well and good, if you think it is you need to read up on it more

>>>/Reddit/

When you control for socio economic factors, niggers and spice (especially Mexicans) are still much fatter than equivalent European populations.

Asians have the lowest obesity rates of all racial groups with similar controls.

>anybody who's not a white supremacist and a legit retard is from /reddit/
can you even read? CONCENTRATED poverty dumbass.
And are we just going to ignore the history of segregation and oppression that lead blacks to have diets centered around things like fried food? Of course you are, because you're a /pol/tard who lives in a bubble where racism never existed. Get outside of your safe space and learn about the world

>80s
>extremely basic TV channels
Nah, that's the 30s

Why not both?